Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

slored1

Bit childish from Kane. Levy is not stupid, he won't sell below the requested price.

Scholsey2004

If he doesn't move this summer, I can see United making a play for him next year.
He'd be 29 at that point, which of itself isnt a problem, but theyd still be looking for a massive fee so theres a bit of a gamble there. He could keep chugging on forever like Lewandowski or he could be deteriorating fast it at 31 like Shearer.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Still have zero sympathy for him. He is one of the best strikers in the world and decided to potentially sign away his best years to Spurs/Levy in that monster contract. Ridiculous.

theklr

Imagine us swooping in for Harry if we have some sort of agreement for Pogba.. :lol:

R'hllor

Regardless of final outcome this prick is bullet proof, if he doesnt leave, he will just come out and swear on his daughters life that he never asked to leave, everyone would believe lion captain.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Romano’s on it as well

Well. Kane HAS to know that his price tag is huge. The number of clubs able to pay that amount is close to 0 this transfer window.

I get that Harry wants to go, but he has 0 real options here. He has a contract and factual market valuation that needs to be met. Kane can't very well go and tell Tottenham to take £50 million pounds less because "I don't want to be here". That's a lot of money to spare someones feelings.

I feel that Kane royally fecked up when he made this huge public display, seemingly forgetting that someone has to give Tottenham money to leave. Who are his suitors? Manchester City can afford to buy: no one of value after targeting Grealish.

Manchester United probably can if: Pogba is sold and Levy accepts a 5 year structure, which he wont, and I hope to god we don't, Kane has become injury prone.

Harry, you have done a big ouff

SeanyC

If this is first shots fired it’s a pretty idiot move by Kane. Just walk up to Levy and hand in a transfer request. Don’t just not show up for training

theklr

Was thinking that too but Aston Villa are already out spending the Grealish money..
Very good point. I thought City wouldnt be stupid enough to spend that amount of money when already under PL investigation, but I guess they have enough lawyers and finance experts to make it happen.

TheGame

Cannot see City spending huge money on Grealish and Kane this summer. Will be one or the other and it looks like Grealish. Levy will want an extortionate price for him and can't see many clubs paying that.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Do you have privy as to what this agreement was? Im guessing its not "we will sell you for any price to anyone".

If Grealish is worth £100M to City, how much is Harry worth to them?
I think it was probably something like "We'll stop trying to price you out of a move".

Probably about that much maybe a little more.

JB7

Was thinking that too but Aston Villa are already out spending the Grealish money..
We’ll they’re not are they, even with Bailey they’ve spent less than in either of the last two summers. They’re fecking minted.

FujiVice

"I'll sign a long term deal on 200k a week, you give me a massive signing bonus and then I can leave whenever I want."

That isnt a gentlemans aggreement Harry. That's a one way contract, where you were dumb enough to think you held all the cards.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Well. Kane HAS to know that his price tag is huge. The number of clubs able to pay that amount is close to 0 this transfer window.

I get that Harry wants to go, but he has 0 real options here. He has a contract and factual market valuation that needs to be met. Kane can't very well go and tell Tottenham to take £50 million pounds less because "I don't want to be here". That's a lot of money to spare someones feelings.

I feel that Kane royally fecked up when he made this huge public display, seemingly forgetting that someone has to give Tottenham money to leave. Who are his suitors? Manchester City can afford to buy: no one of value after targeting Grealish.

Manchester United probably can if: Pogba is sold and Levy accepts a 5 year structure, which he wont, and I hope to god we don't, Kane has become injury prone.

Harry, you have done a big ouff
That's if you buy that City will only sanction one of the two deals. Personally, I think City will go after him as soon as Grealish is wrapped up. And I understand Kane's move here, they've been shit, they've been run in a terrible manner over the last year or two, and like that supporter said, they seem more to be a real estate developer than a football club.

Just surprised he had the balls to do this.

Deery

Dreary
We’ll they’re not are they, even with Bailey they’ve spent less than in either of the last two summers. They’re fecking minted.
By going for 3 players that play across the front 3 I think they’re very much Grealish replacements.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I assume this saga goes on til deadline day where he gets sold to City and Spurs get some youth kids in return

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I feel like its done. Levy won't lower the price, City have chosen Grealish. They can obviously afford both in reality but I'm sure they won't do it.

It's curtains for Kane imo

Scholsey2004

I assume this saga goes on til deadline day where he gets sold to City and Spurs get some youth kids in return
Liam Delap would be a good makeweight if they could get hold of him. Looks like he could be the next Kane.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know Romano said it isn’t Covid related, but I’d wait and see what’s actually happened before thinking he’s gone on strike. Not saying he hasn’t, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it were something more mundane. I don’t think he’ll go anywhere this summer, City are the only ones seemingly after him but they don’t spend massive fees on individual players. The only way I can see it happening is if they’re really hurt over the Champions League final and think he’s the final piece to get them there this season.

Mr Smith

Surely if he's done this he must have some assurances that City do intend to go ahead with buying him? I've been unconvinced up until now that City are prepared to pay the money it takes to sign Kane.

Djemba-Djemba

If he goes to City this summer then Jesus Christ.

250m on 2 players, even by City and Guardiola standards is absolutely fecking mental.

JB7

By going for 3 players that play across the front 3 I think they’re very much Grealish replacements.
Not really, they’re just very aware that they fell apart when he was out for three months last season and they badly need better depth to compete. They have zero reason to sell unless he asks to leave.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Levy is a cnut. How many times have players accused him of not honouring his word? However, the player has himself to blame at the end of the day. Levy's word is as reliable as a chocolate tea pot.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can City actually not afford him and Grealish?

Aside from having bags of money, it's been reported that fairly big name players like Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo and Laporte are available. I'm not sure who can buy them but if they can sell a few of those then they should generate decent fees.

It's not like Grealish represents a massive summer outlay for them on his own.