Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Well there's three sides to that particular equation

Spurs were a lot more attractive a few years ago, can't see Martial being too keen going there at the moment
Well, the other option is staying around to compete with Kane and Cavani up front or Rashford, Greenwood, maybe even Sancho and Pogba in the wide areas.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I make city favourites, but we’ve certainly got a chance.

I think he’ll want to stay in the PL and try to break shearers record.

I can’t see him signing for Chelsea. Surely he has some respect for the spurs fans?

City rarely spend huge amounts. Of course, that may change.

Gettung Cavani for another year won’t stop us signing Kane. It’s be incredibly short sighted if it were to. Kane solves our troublesome striker position for 4-5 years.

Martial could absolutely be included in a deal or sold to raise funds. If we signed Kane, we really don’t need Tony.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well, the other option is staying around to compete with Kane and Cavani up front or Rashford, Greenwood, maybe even Sancho and Pogba in the wide areas.
I don't disagree, Kane or no Kane Martial is well down the pecking order here now regardless.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Everyone is convinced he’s not coming here. You love to see it.

Even coming up with scenarios as to where he may be going and how well he’ll do at said club.

We’re a sucker for misery is the CAF

Judas

Open to offers
Everyone is convinced he’s not coming here. You love to see it.

Even coming up with scenarios as to where he may be going and how well he’ll do at said club.

We’re a sucker for misery is the CAF
didn’t you just make this post? Bit repetitive. It’s logical why people see him as a more likely fit at City right now.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If he leaves I'd be genuinely gutted and very very sad. Having said that I'd wish him well where ever he went and he would always be a legend at Spurs. Really hope he stays though and I think he probably will (because I'm not sure anybody can afford him at the moment). Massively important now for the club to pick the right manager and back him if we hope to have any chance of persuading Kane to stay.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This would be a good way for the Glazers to start getting the fans back on side!

Roy Keane did seem strangely smug about suggesting Kane as being our ideal signing a couple of weeks back. As if he'd heard things.

moxdevil

If it is as conclusive as we are being led to believe by the media that he wants to leave in the next 3 weeks I can only see him going to City. Would he join Chelsea? City haven't spent that money yet but that is no indication that they wouldn't on the right player. Levy would probably ask for Greenwood as part of any deal with us.

Irrational.

Signing that extended contract at Spurs was probably one of the most stupid, brainless, poorly thought out footballing decisions in the history of football contracts. Even more stupid than Moyes and Pardew's 6 and 8 year contracts, respectively.

His agent needs firing. This is exactly why people go to that fat mini Jabba the gut money grabbing urchin dickskin gremlin Raiola.

Widow

No chance of him coming to us. I honestly think the extension Cav has allowed us to stick with what we have upfront and spend the cash on other positions.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
didn’t you just make this post? Bit repetitive. It’s logical why people see him as a more likely fit at City right now.
I did make an eerily similar post, I’m just that astounded as to how a Man Utd board who we’re supposed to be fans of, do this self deprecating thing where for every single big name player they make up situations where they’ll go to every other club in the world bar United. It’s crazy!

It’s even happening in the Haaland thread, oh he’ll go city, yadda yadda yadda & happened at points in the Sancho thread. It’s ridiculous.

Even convinced ourselves that Cavani weren’t gonna re-sign too!

-Supreme-

Out:
Martial - £40m
Lingard - £25m
James - £20m
Pogba - £40m
De Gea - £20m
Andreas - £10m

In:
Kane - £110m
Sancho - £70m
New CB - £50m
New CM - £25m

Net spend £100m :drool:

But I'd personally prefer Haaland

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
City would suit him well but I don't think anyone is spending the fee they Spurs would demand. He's made it very difficult for himself to leave Spurs

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'd happily give them Martial + Lingard + £50m to make Kane come. It's a no brainer for me.
Yeah, me too. 2 players we can easily live without to get a World Class CF. Can't see it happening but it's a fine idea in theory.

Giggs' right foot

Will probably go to City in a swap deal with City throwing in two or three players that are in surplus - like Mendy, Aké and maybe even Mahrez. No way will they be able to buy him with straight cash, but could see a swap deal happening.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
God no, Kane over Haaland every day and twice on Tuesdays.
I think Haaland would suit us more as he has pace. Kane would just drop deep all the time and Bruno wouldn’t be as effective.

hobbers

Genuinely offering Martial and/or Lingard could be a tempter for Spurs. They'll obviously be desperate to sign goalscorers to replace the chasm of goals they'd be missing if Kane left.

City's backups are too good to be offered in deals like this. Also all paid far too much to go to Spurs, though Martial is in the same sort of situation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When was the last time we were in for a player against City and didn't get him?

Maguire, Fred went out way, whatever people make of those players afterwards, that is the fact.

It's just difficult to imagine Kane will be firm enough to get out of there, let alone Levy would set the fee anywhere near where we'd want to go.
Then the Glazers obviously, though this would be perfect propaganda for them straight away!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think Haaland would suit us more as he has pace. Kane would just drop deep all the time and Bruno wouldn’t be as effective.
Indeed, Kane does that for Tottenham of late largely because he's carrying the entire team on his back. With United, his value add in dropping deeper actually allows Greenwood/Rashford to occupy striker positions to chip into goals. And that's not to forget he is an out and out striker too. He's very similar to Cavani just 27, in fact. Arguably more ruthless too. He's perfect for us over Haaland in my opinion.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is my worry with Kane. Not much pace, and seems to drop deeper by the game.
However, he does still put a lot of goals in.

Could work well with Rashford and Greenwood over the top though.

We have just signed Cavani as well, which doesn't smack of we're buying another similar style player though.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m oddly confident about this transfer. Not sure what it is but just seems the perfect fit.

Watch him sign for City.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’m oddly confident about this transfer. Not sure what it is but just seems the perfect fit.

Watch him sign for City.
The sad thing is I can envision Chelsea beating City in the final, City going apeshit internally after being a whisker away from the ultimate goal and just activating mission Harry Kane to take no risks the next year.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
No chance of him coming to us. I honestly think the extension Cav has allowed us to stick with what we have upfront and spend the cash on other positions.
That is most likely the correct theory. Haaland will stay although i did have city or madrid as his likely destination, I now think Madrid, i dont buy this rubbish that Dortmund are bluffing. Lukaku or Kane seem likely for City, Ings a long shot

Utd probably want to spend money on other positions

Adcuth

So we're getting kane, sancho, a DM and a CB? Gonna be a good season