Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Cavani is here for one more season at most, has no bearing at all on any rebuild.
I didn't say Cavani has a bearing. We aren't getting Kane , Sancho and a defender. It's one of Kane / Sancho and a defender.

TheGodsInRed

If you can get Kane, you get him in.

Haaland strikes me as someone similar to Ibra who wants to play a bit in every league. We'd probably have Kane for longer.
They both will be similar kind of money.

If Haaland wants to leave after 3/4 years you can always make a profit on the resale. Kane will be retirement age after 3/4 years.

I can't see Kane being sold as he has no resale value for the buying club, and Spurs won't sell cheap.

Eddy_JukeZ

If Haaland wants to leave after 3/4 years you can always make a profit on the resale. Kane will be retirement age after 3/4 years.

I can't see Kane being sold as he has no resale value for the buying club, and Spurs won't sell cheap.
Kane will be 31/32 in 4 years. How is that retirement age? :lol:

Cavani is 34.

laughtersassassin

For the sake of the league and champions League competitiveness it's very important he doesn't go to city.

If he does I really can't see anyone competing with them in the PL or CL for a 3+ years.

Especially when Bayern and the only top team in Europe right now

theklr

City arent particularly bothered about resale value, and could in theory give Levy what he wants since they have a near complete squad otherwise.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If he's playing well, he'll get games. That's my point.
No where near enough games to warrant him extending.
Can definitely see us going for it. Squad planning doesn't exist at Man Utd. We've got like half a dozen #8s and one #6. A bunch of inside lefts but no real inside right (although Mason is doing bits out there). Marketing matters more than sense to us. We have proven that over the past eight years. Kane will generate more clicks than Richard Arnold can dream of.
That is actually a good point and wouldn't rule it out based on this alone.

bond19821982

To lead us to a title? He’s been injured for a lot of the season. I love the man but we don’t miss out on a Kane because we have a 34 yr old cavani for 1 more season.
And you think just signing Kane will get us the title? Even with Kane, we are still couple of signings away in giving City a serious challenge. We might compete ,probably for more (not just one week) but it's still going to be theirs to lose.

hobbers

I didn't say Cavani has a bearing. We aren't getting Kane , Sancho and a defender. It's one of Kane / Sancho and a defender.
Kane would take us closer to the title next season than Sancho. Though I'd be happy if we signed either for the right fee.

Whatever leaves us the most money to sign those desperately needed upgrades on McFred and Lindelof.

Offsideagain

City under PL FFP investigation getting Kane for 120m - 150m after a Covid year? Sceptical especially they never buy one player for that sum .

It had never stopped them before City are still under investigation by the PL on breaking FFP which we and the whole world know they did but got away with it due to a technicality. Premier League are dragging their feet as they are shit scared of City wheeling in their expensive lawyers and taking then to the cleaners.

I would prefer us to have Greenwood as a striker, Sancho on the right and Rashford on the left rather than pay over the odds for Kane.

Zoo

City don’t do world record signings and Pep has already hinted that he may not even buy a conventional striker after his comments about Ferran Torres the other day. He won’t go to Chelsea. United have so many other positions that need improving on. It’s hard to see where he goes at all.

laughtersassassin

I've been all in on Sancho but if Kane is buyable I think we have to try.

That said if we ended up with neither we'd be fairly fecked.

A bug issue for us is how we wasted last summer. Again left us with too much to do to to really challenge for the title.

The problem is our best Summers usually only match City's Average ones.

Obviously Liverpool proved it's possible but a lot has to go right.

Eddy_JukeZ

No where near enough games to warrant him extending.
He's only here for 1 more season. He's 34. He's played really well lately, but he could back next season and look diminished as a player.

The club likely didn't even know Kane might want to leave. If you can bring in Kane, you do it.

theklr

City don’t do world record signings and Pep has already hinted that he may not even buy a conventional striker after his comments about Ferran Torres the other day. He won’t go to Chelsea. United have so many other positions that need improving on. It’s hard to see where he goes at all.
PSG will be the only viable option if not City or us.

Reunited with Poch, guaranteed some farmer trophies, and genuine CL contenders with him on the team.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
And Cavani is good enough. He already proved that this season.
I like Cavani. I was for signing him and for his new contract. But...
1) good enough is not something with which you win stuff.
2) we need someone who will be able to start every game. Cavani as we know, can't.

RedDevil@84

If he moves, it will be City
I doubt it though. City, at least nowadays, seem to want to spread their money over multiple players, rather than throw away 100-120M on a single player. Not that they don't have the money or somebody is going to stop them

Munkehboi

I love the optismism here but Kane wants to leave to win trophies. For that reason I feel he will likely join City.

People are saying its like the RVP signing but lets not forget we were challenging for the title and lost by only goal difference the season before. RVP joined us when we were easily one of the favourites for the EPL. Different scenariro here.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
And you think just signing Kane will get us the title? Even with Kane, we are still couple of signings away in giving City a serious challenge. We might compete ,probably for more (not just one week) but it's still going to be theirs to lose.
I honestly have no idea what combination of footballers we need to challenge. CB and Kane may be enough. Sancho and Rice might be enough. I change my mind every time I watch us play!

Counterfactual

No way he comes to United. If he wants trophies, that's the noisy neighbours.
No way will Levy sell to us, he hates our Old Trafford dollars.
No way Harry can get out of that daft contract which runs until he's 67.
No way we'd renew Cavani, then buy Kane.
No way this is happening.
It's on, right muppets?

Eddy_JukeZ

I love the optismism here but Kane wants to leave to win trophies. For that reason I feel he will likely join City.

People are saying its like the RVP signing but lets not forget we were challenging for the title and lost by only goal difference the season before. RVP joined us when we were easily one of the favourites for the EPL. Different scenariro here.
All those draws we had this season could be wins with Kane in the side and there's likely to be more internal improvement next season.

We'll challenge with Kane leading the line.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There are good players at United that may temp Spurs in cutting down abit of the fee. Martial and Beek are the obvious but you still have interesting talents in McTom, Lingard and Dalot even.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Kane to city this year, Sancho to United this year, Haaland to United next year.

laughtersassassin

I honestly have no idea what combination of footballers we need to challenge. CB and Kane may be enough. Sancho and Rice might be enough. I change my mind every time I watch us play!
We will never challenge with McFred be our starting Midfield. It's simply not possible in my opinion.

Lindelof and Maguire is a better CB partnership than McFred are a Midfield partnership.

You'd be slightly more likely to compete with the former.

That's said I also don't think we can compete without bolstering the attack.

So realistically we need a CB, CM and Attacker.

If we can only get two I'd go for a CDM and Attacker.

Munkehboi

All those draws we had this season could be wins with Kane in the side and there's likely to be more internal improvement next season.

We'll challenge with Kane leading the line.
I agree that we will challenge with Kane. The hardest part is to persaude him to come to our project or join the reigning EPL and (likely) CL winners.

No way he comes to United. If he wants trophies, that's the noisy neighbours.
No way will Levy sell to us, he hates our Old Trafford dollars.
No way Harry can get out of that daft contract which runs until he's 67.
No way we'd renew Cavani, then buy Kane.
No way this is happening.
It's on, right muppets?
it’s on.

mega thread incoming.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Jimmy Greaves was a Chelsea product who went on to break records for Spurs. Kane going to Chelsea would return the favour.

There's zero chance they sell to us though, absolute non-starter.

bond19821982

Very true. Inconsistency is a huge issue . And that's why I think signing Sancho and a defender would help us in the long run than Kane.

SAFMUTD

For all the rumors hanging I dont think Levy will sell him, he's on a long contract, he's the captain and their most important player by a mile. Spurs really have a thin squad selling Kane would mean they'll have to buy 2-3 players just to sustain the quality. Even if someone is willing to pay 120M+ for him Levy would need to invest the same money in the squad and probably would end up with a weaker side.

croadyman

There are good players at United that may temp Spurs in cutting down abit of the fee. Martial and Beek are the obvious but you still have interesting talents in McTom, Lingard and Dalot even.
Two players they are known admirers of but it's not often you see 2 players and cash for one

acnumber9

" Can get" is different from what's agreed with Cavani. Let's say we have a CL game and both of them would expect to start. Cavani is not someone who will be fine with playing second fiddle.

If Kane is coming, he will start all games - 100%.
If it was an issue United could just agree to let him go. You don’t turn down the chance to sign great players because it might upset your 34 year old striker who has a one year contract.

Bondi77

If Kane is available then City will go for him before they go for Haaland as he is a better footballer and would suit Pep.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Very true. Inconsistency is a huge issue . And that's why I think signing Sancho and a defender would help us in the long run than Kane.
I’m 90% in agreement - and hope martial wakes up - but we also need a CM too along with Sancho and a CB. The problem is can you afford to let Kane join City? That’s where I lose my nerve.

Judas

Open to offers
I just don't think this deal makes sense to us. Unless we're signing him along with Sancho, a midfielder and a defender, and supposedly a RB? Aye not happening. We need to sort out the team as a whole, not spunk it all on Kane.

bond19821982

Why would Kane want to move to us than City ?

They are selling Aguero and making room for a striker.

They are the best team in England. While we are getting better, we are still some way off City.

Pep is a better manager and play better brand of game. He will likely score more goals with them than us, atleast as things stand.

Ours is a project which can be easily sold to an young player like Sancho than a 29 year old Kane.

If it does happen, I will be over the moon but just don't see it happening . If City isn't competing, I do think we have a chance