Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Thunderhead

Supports
City
FFP is a joke, it’s just lip service. The sheik has got to be in £10bn deep with City by now, all things considered. When you have so much money the rules don’t apply, so I doubt they’d have any pause over spending whatever they want.

haha considering he's sold 25% for over £600m in the last couple of years to separate investors I think he's doing ok on his investment which is around 1.6Bn at the moment, so he's probably in hoc for around £1bn

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Paying Haaland money for Kane is mad, but its City. Although I'd be shocked if that figure is true.
Haaland could massively flop in the PL. With Kane you are almost certainly guaranteeing 30+ goals a season.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Why do City fans reference the sum on one player as some kind of barometer?

If you spend 100 at the liquor store, no one cares if the priciest bottle was 20.

United have a 50m RB, but have spent far less on that position than City in recent years.

160m is no different from 80m to City. None of it is the clubs issue, if Kane doesn't work out, buy some other striker next season. That's the cheat code impact: not that you can buy a very expensive player, but that you don't really have to worry about it not being a success.

Brophs

The One and Only
In fairness, paying a guest for a story based upon them overhearing another pissed up guest say something at a private wedding still ranks in the top 5 most journalistically ethical things that newspaper can claim to have done. Really, everyone involved should be proud of themselves.

Offsideagain

FFS. I would not be surprised if City announce Kane and Grealish before we even announce the Sancho transfer.
Like I said elsewhere, City’s PR people ( that’s all City is about, PR for Abu Dhabi) will be working on timing the announcement of Kane and Grealish to steal the limelight from United. Just like when they would announce player X has signed a new deal before the derby or player b is injured an a doubt for a big match but he plays. If they do sign Kane and Grealish, the published figure will be a fraction of the real one.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Kane is still at his peak but im not convinced he wont start a decline over the next couple of years.
People age at different rates (think Rooney) and Kane does not look a young 28 year old to me especially with all the niggly injuries he has had.
Id love him as a striker for us for the next couple of years but 160m is way way above what he is worth.

dinostar77

That Sun story has Spurs PR all over it. No one is paying that for him. City's initial offer of £100mil is pretty good. Not sure if one of Sterling, Laporte, B Silva, Mahrez, G Jesus could be convinced to join spurs in a £100m plus player deal as mooted by a few outlets.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Let's see if he turns up at training eh? No way he moves unless he forces it through.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
That Sun story has Spurs PR all over it. No one is paying that for him. City's initial offer of £100mil is pretty good. Not sure if one of Sterling, Laporte, B Silva, Mahrez, G Jesus could be convinced to join spurs in a £100m plus player deal as mooted by a few outlets.
All these players could find a better club the second they agree to leave City. Bar G. Jesus they would all probably have a wage drop too so they would only do it for a good club.
I think this transfer will get done for cash only.

choccy77

Looks like he will be staying at Spurs, unless City can sell off some players asap.

His own fault for being so delusional and thinking Spurs would be going anywhere and signing a long term deal.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The publicly leaked bid for Grealish could be a City plan to get Kane to agitate for a move. Can't really see why City would really want Grealish, they're stacked with wide forwards already. They really need a CF like Kane.

Pep's Suit

The publicly leaked bid for Grealish could be a City plan to get Kane to agitate for a move. Can't really see why City would really want Grealish, they're stacked with wide forwards already. They really need a CF like Kane.
Well, unless there's a last-min u-turn then Grealish will join City. But this deal is complicated: higher transfer + wages, Spurs don't really wanna sell and City need to find buyers for 2-3 first-team regulars.

dinostar77

Kane jut need to put in an offical trandfer request and refuse to play for spurs in friendlies etc. He won't but thats the level he will need to go to, to get away from spurs.

Guy Incognito

Yep, you'd think Pep would make a striker a priority.

RedCheekz

Kane’s injuries will soon catch up with him. He is made of glass and his career most likely finish early 30’s, the decline of his abilities and performance will freefall at an epic rate. Greenwood will take his place in the England 11 for next World Cup and this transfer has potential to go down as one of the all time worst.

El Zoido

Kane is still at his peak but im not convinced he wont start a decline over the next couple of years.
People age at different rates (think Rooney) and Kane does not look a young 28 year old to me especially with all the niggly injuries he has had.
Id love him as a striker for us for the next couple of years but 160m is way way above what he is worth.
He looked like an old man at the Euros. The injuries are catching up to him. Still a top striker of course, but a definite risk for the price touted. Makes no odds to City I suppose.

Jericholyte2

Yep, you'd think Pep would make a striker a priority.
Would be at all surprised if Pep played Foden as a false-nine if he didn’t get a striker. Have a fluid front four with De Bruyne, Grealish, Sterling (if he stays) and Foden, with all four interchanging positions fluidly.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Kane’s injuries will soon catch up with him. He is made of glass and his career most likely finish early 30’s, the decline of his abilities and performance will freefall at an epic rate. Greenwood will take his place in the England 11 for next World Cup and this transfer has potential to go down as one of the all time worst.
I like your positive energy.

Dante

Average bang
Levy would do well to lower his asking price to £100m.

City are only going to buy one out of Kane and Grealish. If they pick Grealish, Spurs will miss out on the most inflated transfer fee they could see for years to come.

Tottenham need to make their most saleable asset worth buying, or else they could end up with a Koulibaly type situation in a couple of years' time.

wolvored

Thats just wishful thinking. Ill bet my house Kane is the main striker at the next world cup unless he has a serious injury

choccy77

City are only going to buy one out of Kane and Grealish. If they pick Grealish, Spurs will miss out on the most inflated transfer fee they could see for years to come.

Tottenham need to make their most saleable asset worth buying, or else they could end up with a Koulibaly type situation in a couple of years' time.
Levey can't afford to lose Kane.

Funniest scenario would be, Levey forces Kane to stay and then Kane via injuries can only play at best half a season.

Spurs will then be dipping further down the league and struggling for money and will have to try and sell Kane a year older with more injuries for maybe £50m if lucky

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Looks like Kane is more likely to stay put than leave this summer...unless City make some room in their budget, somehow.

tomaldinho1

haha considering he's sold 25% for over £600m in the last couple of years to separate investors I think he's doing ok on his investment which is around 1.6Bn at the moment, so he's probably in hoc for around £1bn
Isn’t that solely transfer spending though?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never saw this happening this summer.
Simply for the reason that Kane has locked himself into that long deal.
Next summer it'll be down to 2 years, which is probably the time Levy starts to shuffle about a little.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I dont mind City getting Kane. Would rather they get Kane than get Haaland. If his next destination is England then it'd be between United and Chelsea, and with Ole & Sancho here I think we'd have an advantage.

Eli Zee

I dont mind City getting Kane. Would rather they get Kane than get Haaland. If his next destination is England then it'd be between United and Chelsea, and with Ole & Sancho here I think we'd have an advantage.
Doesn't his dad hate United because of a certain thing that happened so he may not want to come here?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Doesn't his dad hate United because of a certain thing that happened so he may not want to come here?
Do you really think a dad will affect his own son's career because a player who hasn't played for us for almost 20 years smashed him off the ball?

Red Daz

I think Kane was first choice, Levy said no so that’s why they’ve gone for Grealish, they won’t be getting both

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Has he lost his chance to get a big move now?

I don't think anyone will pay anything close to what Levy wants this summer. As time goes on he'll be worth less, the idea of just being a one-club man might become a bit more enticing and I also think Levy's asking price will remain very high.

It feels like his 'arc' is just like Zaha's but maybe a year behind.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Zero chance of that - it would be close to double that if City were to buy him.

Jam

Hahahaha.

Our World Cup XI will be:

Sterling - Kane - Foden
Philips - Mount - Rice
Shaw - Walker - Maguire - Trent
Pickford

You can almost guarantee it.

iKnowNothing

Kane must be so pissed knowing he has to be at Spurs fro another season.
He’ll be lucky if it’s just another season. I doubt City would go back to negotiating with Levy again for Kane, who will be a year older by then. They might try Haaland next summer.

Edit:

This sounds about right.

It feels like his 'arc' is just like Zaha's but maybe a year behind.