Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Stupid for Spurs. He is a declining asset and a player that doesnt want to be there. 130-150 is a good deal in this Covid market. They could spend the cash wisely and end up a better team. For example - 60 Martinez, 40 Saul if Man Utd, Chelsea dont go in for him, Traore 40 mill.
Sorry, but where does that replace the pretty much guaranteed 25 goals a season Kane gives you, in the players you've mentioned? You'd be lucky if you got 15 between them.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Stupid for Spurs. He is a declining asset and a player that doesnt want to be there. 130-150 is a good deal in this Covid market. They could spend the cash wisely and end up a better team. For example - 60 Martinez, 40 Saul if Man Utd, Chelsea dont go in for him, Traore 40 mill.
Show me the story there was an official bid of £150M, actually rumours are there was no official bid. Traore, goals, :lol:.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
They've been there with Bale. Didn't go well. Nor us with Suarez.

UpWithRivers

Sorry, but where does that replace the pretty much guaranteed 25 goals a season Kane gives you, in the players you've mentioned? You'd be lucky if you got 15 between them.
It doesnt but I said they could end up a better team. City never had a 25 goal striker and did ok.

Show me the story there was an official bid of £150M, actually rumours are there was no official bid. Traore, goals, :lol:.
Its theoretical. Who knows how much was bid. Thats why I said 130-150. Even 120 ish they should have sold

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Romano reported two "official" bids for Harry Kane.
That's Euros, can I ask why Romano gets so much credence on here? Most oh his "exclusives" are from other journalists. The story was Levy didn't even answer the phone. We didn't convince Harry to stay either, he didn't really have a choice.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It doesnt but I said they could end up a better team. City never had a 25 goal striker and did ok.

Its theoretical. Who knows how much was bid. Thats why I said 130-150. Even 120 ish they should have sold
Why? Who are these strikers who are gonna get any team around 25 PL goals a season. City don't have 1, United don't have one, a valued player.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That's Euros, can I ask why Romano gets so much credence on here? Most oh his "exclusives" are from other journalists. The story was Levy didn't even answer the phone.
For me, it's not about exclusivity. Most of the time, his reports basically confirm the bits of news from elsewhere and add substance to them. Levy may not have needed to be directly involved in rejecting those "bids" if they were submitted to Spurs in some way, shape, or form. Maybe they had an intermediary represent them to address this matter (which several clubs tend to do when dealing with difficult situations like this).

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
But you've just answered why they wouldn't do that. The could, they could quite easily not as well. They don't have to sell him, wont loose much money on him if they sold him next year and likely get one of the best strikers I'm Europe for another season.

City aren't exactly representative of Spurs and they're the bloody ones buying Kane!

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Romano reported two "official" bids for Harry Kane.
So much for the gentlemen's agreement I guess...

Wonder if it might work out like Sancho did at Dortmund last year.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
This was unfortunate
Yes but I put my head above the parapet and said what I believed to be true. Do any of us really know what goes on in the war rooms of football clubs?

Personally I didn't want him at that price.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Ed Aarons also reports that City were willing to pay £127m (or ~€150m) for Kane. However, Levy was only interested in an offer of £150m and nothing else.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yes but I put my head above the parapet and said what I believed to be true. Do any of us really know what goes on in the war rooms of football clubs?

Personally I didn't want him at that price.
:lol: :lol: you really couldn't write it, on Bluemoon 60% wanted him, Spurs were dying to sell or we would do a Leeds and Levy was a selling Chairman (probably the biggest crock of shit of the lot.) I tried to explain to one of your fellow supporters the differences in debt, but his response was (debt was debt). I was then banned after pointed out that Abu Dhabi is the capital and the second-most populous city of the United Arab Emirates. He seemed to think there was no connection to the UAE.......

Last edited:

TsuWave

He played 50 games last season for club and Country which is 9 more than Haaland but sure, let's just make up a lazy narrative just because he's 29.
You're such an emotional person :lol: I said I personally don’t want us to go Kane’s direction due to him nearing 30, declining athleticism and recently having injury issues. Your reply “he played more than Haaland but let’s make up a narrative”. What narrative?How does that invalidate any of what I said?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is one of the best strikers in the world and has come out of this looking like an absolute plonker. The wrong decision at every turn.

This is why Raiola makes the big bucks unfortunately.

Posh Red

Poor bastard.

If Harry had half a brain, he'd have demanded a release clause added to a new contract the last time he and Levy agreed to another extension. Levi obvioulsly may have refused at the time but then time would be working for the player and the chairman's position would get weaker with every passing season. Kane could have just played out the remaining years and walk as a free agent while still in his prime or force Levy to sell him with little time left on a running out contract.

After all the shit Levi pulled over the years I'm genuinely shocked players still expect something different from the man. Regardless of whether you think his hard-arse reputation is good or bad for the club, one thing you can say about Levy is that he's consistent.
Nice variation on the spelling of Levy

Last edited:

chiz2kul

This was a mini Peter Odemwingie saga. Pretty embarrassing for Kane and spurs.

Loon

:lol:
This is the Captain tasked with giving inspirational speeches. He got bummed at the negotiation table.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Low fee for Martinez aside, there’s no way either of them pick Spurs, tbh. No CL football + no Harry Kane - not a particularly attractive side for any new signings with pedigree like league winners of those two.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It might have been if they'd ever actually bid that much. As it was, we have a few chances saying they bid less than that or others saying the actual max amount of money ever offered at any point was 100 million, with, if we're being generous, some players offered too who are either shite (Jesus) or are on too high wages and wouldn't want to come (Laporte/Sterling).

I honestly think if they'd offered 150 mil, he'd have gone. An actual amount like that, not a hodge podge of players. You can't bid 100 million for Grealish and then a similar amount for Kane.

He's ended up looking a total tit but was happy with the reception he received on Sunday and am hoping he receives a similar one next home game. Hope he has a good season and gets his move for a decent price next summer.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It might have been if they'd ever actually bid that much. As it was, we have a few chances saying they bid less than that or others saying the actual max amount of money ever offered at any point was 100 million, with, if we're being generous, some players offered too who are either shite (Jesus) or are on too high wages and wouldn't want to come (Laporte/Sterling).

I honestly think if they'd offered 150 mil, he'd have gone. An actual amount like that, not a hodge podge of players. You can't bid 100 million for Grealish and then a similar amount for Kane.

He's ended up looking a total tit but was happy with the reception he received on Sunday and am hoping he receives a similar one next home game. Hope he has a good season and gets his move for a decent price next summer.
Im with you, Harry and City come out of this tarnished, I doubt City care. I would rather of got him gone early for £150 clean. Il support him, and hope he has an excellent season but his legacy is gone even if he wins something.

jackal&hyde

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-kane-desperate-dubious-goals-12327450

Edit: Before I forget, Spurs put in an official request to move the goal from Eriksen's name to Kane's name. That was double embarassment :D
This, doing a "I want out interview" while the season is still going on, not turning up for training in time... this guy is a grade A prick of a man. And Neville calls him a saint and Souness and co keep defending him while they bombard Pogba for his agent talking rubbish. Hope he never wins anything in his career the selfish idiot.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting. Honestly thought this would be a August 31st, 11.59pm move.

No talk of any contract extension so guess he's just gambling he'll move next summer when he has just 2 years left so potentially more in his favour although whether Man. City would still be interested would be very debatable with Haaland more in play then.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
He played 50 games last season for club and Country which is 9 more than Haaland but sure, let's just make up a lazy narrative just because he's 29.
Unless you're posting from the future, he isn't.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Luckily for Kane, fans are idiotically fickle, and as long as he quickly gets back on the goal trail, they won't even care in a week.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I love that Harry Kane now have to spend a year with teammates who have been told in no uncertain term that they are not good enough for Harry Kane

At least his brother can get himself some more lotions and keep those fingers nice and soft

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Can’t say I’m surprised the amount of money involved in signing him was crazy even for City.

Personally think this is going to be bad news for. Means city will likely join the race for Haaland next summer.