Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Lee565

If he stays at spurs next season of his own free will I wouldn't want him as a starter for England anymore, what good is it having a player in the side that lacks hunger and ambition to win trophies

BorisManUtd

Kane's 30 but surely believes he's got another 4-5 years at top level so think he wouldn't mind even playing for another season at Spurs before leaving for free in 2024.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If he stays at spurs next season of his own free will I wouldn't want him as a starter for England anymore, what good is it having a player in the side that lacks hunger and ambition to win trophies
This is such bullshit. He clearly has huge hunger and ambition to win trophies - he wants to do it with his boyhood club that he loves and supports. Winning a trophy with Spurs would mean more to him than winning a trophy at any other club. Why is this hard to understand?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This is such bullshit. He clearly has huge hunger and ambition to win trophies - he wants to do it with his boyhood club that he loves and supports. Winning a trophy with Spurs would mean more to him than winning a trophy at any other club. Why is this hard to understand?
I think he wants to be playing CL more, the best strikers in europe simply play in that competition year in year out and Kane dosen't in recent times. Next season will be a pretty long shot with the general state Spurs are in and he will have CL suitors after him.

Compared to summer 2021 he's in a much stronger position aswell as I assume Spurs have to make up lost revenue from somewhere from no european football for first time in over a decade.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Kane's 30 but surely believes he's got another 4-5 years at top level so think he wouldn't mind even playing for another season at Spurs before leaving for free in 2024.
I thought this also, could just walk out on a free and demand his own signing on fee. If his form is anything like last season there would be a line up of clubs looking to sign him.

Eriksen did this when he left Spurs I thought?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I thought this also, could just walk out on a free and demand his own signing on fee. If his form is anything like last season there would be a line up of clubs looking to sign him.

Eriksen did this when he left Spurs I thought?
Eriksen basically went on strike to force it though

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Signing his current contract and seemingly taking fag packet promises about the CL and if he'd be allowed to leave or not must be one of the worst pieces of judgment by any top footballer.

He could have pretty much chosen any top club in Europe and got more money than he's on now, rather than being stuck at Sprus in decline the whole length of it with a trophy cabinet that has a lonely Audi cup in it still.

Joel Miller

It feels like it’s now or never. The wrong side of 30, these clubs will eventually go for other players so it’s not as though they’ll definitely come back in for him even if he is a free agent. That being said, I’m not even sure he’d just leave for free, you’d think held want his boyhood club to receive a healthy fee even if he were to leave. But who knows with Levy, sometimes it feels like he digs his heels just for the sake of it.

Well if its not a lack of ambition then it's stupidity, considering he's been there 20 years and the only thing in his trophy cabinet is dust.

To me his performances in the biggest games suggest he doesn't have the fire in him that the best players do.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
He clearly has huge hunger and ambition to win trophies - he wants to do it with his boyhood club that he loves and supports. Winning a trophy with Spurs would mean more to him than winning a trophy at any other club.
Wasn’t he an Arsenal fan?

Halftrack

Wasn’t he an Arsenal fan?
Harry's vague about it. Says most of his family were Spurs fans, so that's what he was always destined to be, but the evidence tells us he was an Arsenal fan at least up until he joined the Spurs academy at 11. But 11 still qualifies as boyhood, so it's not like calling Spurs his boyhood club is a lie.

Tyrion

Signing his current contract and seemingly taking fag packet promises about the CL and if he'd be allowed to leave or not must be one of the worst pieces of judgment by any top footballer.

He could have pretty much chosen any top club in Europe and got more money than he's on now, rather than being stuck at Sprus in decline the whole length of it with a trophy cabinet that has a lonely Audi cup in it still.
Agreed. Iirc his agent was his brother and I did think Levy swindled him. Its obvious he was never going to let him leave if he could help it.

Insane of Spurs if they're refusing that kind of money.
Levy is so stubborn he would happily cling on to Kane until the last day of his contract.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
Harry's vague about it. Says most of his family were Spurs fans, so that's what he was always destined to be, but the evidence tells us he was an Arsenal fan at least up until he joined the Spurs academy at 11. But 11 still qualifies as boyhood, so it's not like calling Spurs his boyhood club is a lie.
Aah thanks. Didn't knew that.

AlexUTD

If Levy don`t sell him now i think there is a possibility that Kane signs on a free for Arsenal next summer. Imagine the hate Levy and Kane will get then.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs accepting a bid of 120mil Euros from Bayern, looks good for the club and Kane. Bayern going to hoover up domestic trophies and Kane deserves some silverware that, lets be fair, he is never getting at Spurs.

And 120mil Euros is excellent business for a 30 y/o who will walk on a free at the end of the season. gives big Ange some spending power to go bring in another more experienced CB and new striker.