Harry Kane MBE | Performances

beedoubleyou

His reputation stands on his awesome goals tally and accompanying all-round game.

It strikes me that you are one who is bitching.
Not sure that saying that my opinion has changed on someone I thought was alright is bitching. You've commented eleven and a half thousand times more on this Manchester United forum than me, so I'll concede to your greater experience.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Kane should have either ignored the tweet or joined in on the gag. To do as he has done is to leave himself open to ridicule.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
The level of abuse that Kane has gotten in the recent months is unprecedented in recent history, because it came from all directions. It wasn't just from your average fan, but it included fellow professionals, the PFA, and the FA Cup. I have not seen this sort of toxic behavior towards a nations best player before a big tournament ever. It is literally setting up the player for failure by having unnecessary commotion and unwanted attention around him and with absolutely no support from the FA. This behavior is way past banter and has become a full on bullying campaign, that is completely uncalled for.
Welcome to RedCafe, Harry. It's good to have an actual professional footballer on here!

Bobski

We need a story leading up to the WC about Kane begging Southgate to exclude Smalling, telling the world how triggered he is by the sight of him.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
The level of abuse that Kane has gotten in the recent months is unprecedented in recent history, because it came from all directions. It wasn't just from your average fan, but it included fellow professionals, the PFA, and the FA Cup. I have not seen this sort of toxic behavior towards a nations best player before a big tournament ever. It is literally setting up the player for failure by having unnecessary commotion and unwanted attention around him and with absolutely no support from the FA. This behavior is way past banter and has become a full on bullying campaign, that is completely uncalled for.
:lol: how is this "way past banter"? The guy stole a goal from his team mate and gets what he deserves. Threats to his family would be "way past banter" but none of these have happened.

Hary Claim, proud lion my arse.

buckooo1978

be funny when England are knocked out of the Wortld Cup early and the pundits partly blame it on the tweet

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
:lol: how is this "way past banter"? The guy stole a goal from his team mate and gets what he deserves. Threats to his family would be "way past banter" but none of these have happened.

Hary Claim, proud lion my arse.
Well he did swear on his own daughters life he scored the goal...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How is Kane England's best player? Walker is the only player in the team with a claim to being best in his position in the world. Kane's also not as good as Smalling apparently...oops! :D

haram

FA should not have made that tweet, no other FA would do that. Kane has overreacted though.

Marcus

So Kane complained to his Argentine coach about a tweet the English F.A. account made. Seriously?

Levy-nomics

Supports
Spurs
Everyone is laughing, but no one is refuting it. Find me a star player of a nation that has gotten this much abuse before a big tournament, good luck with that, because you aren't going to find him.

Giggs banged his brothers wife for 8 years and didn't get a fraction of the hate Kane is getting from the footballing world. But, I guess that is what happens when people label Kane an idiot and make fun of the way he talks and consider it completely acceptable. It is just some good ol' banter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Much ado about nothing. I’d still take him here in a heartbeat.
Oh of course, think we'd be insane not to if the chance arose. But he's still a bit of an attention-seeking twat, from what it seems. Which is annoying because I thought he seemed fairly likable and modest for the most part until recently.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Oh of course, think we'd be insane not to if the chance arose. But he's still a bit of an attention-seeking twat, from what it seems. Which is annoying because I thought he seemed fairly likable and modest for the most part until recently.
Your FA is weird. Why tweet that about their best player? As for him being attention-seeking, I actually think he’s the opposite. Prolly more sensitive than the average bloke, but that hardly makes him a twat. He’s still only 24, no longer a kid but still pretty young imo, so it’s all a bit meh. Is it silly and strange that he‘s so adamant about scoring the goal? Sure, but nothing that offends me.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Your FA is weird. Why tweet that about their best player? As for him being attention-seeking, I actually think he’s the opposite. Prolly more sensitive than the average bloke, but that hardly makes him a twat. He’s still only 24, no longer a kid but still pretty young imo, so it’s all a bit meh. Is it silly and strange that he‘s so adamant about scoring the goal? Sure, but nothing that offends me.
Not my FA! A little too far north for that...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol:. Rubbish post.

10/10 for the bolded bit, though. It takes an inconceivably enormous doze of bias to suggest that all of this being done to Kane as opposed to being his doing.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can you imagine what he would be like if he had to endure what Beckham had to go through after France 98?

I can just see him reeeeeeeeing in Pochs office about the nasty words in the tweet and Poch having to put a towel over his head like a parrot to shut him up.

Velvet Revolver

This whole tweet thing. I mean it's not like the FA's chairman or the board were in discussion and then proceeded to tweet what they did. Some random guy (obviously not a spurs fan) from the FA's social media team decided in that moment of childishness to tweet it out. I don't think the English FA has an agenda towards Kane.

Quite cringeworthy. This is absolutely a victim mentality it's the "We are not winning anything, so let's claim to be victims here of hate and prejudice from the entire county".

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Forget the complete lack of self awareness and intelligence of those comments, Kane actually accuses England fans of being mentally weak. I guess I must be terribly mistaken to imagine it's the players who need to perform and not the fans. But what do I know? England fans - It's all on you. And Harry Kane is watching.

Giggs86

He really makes me cheer against England in the World Cup. Seeing that snowflake bottling it in Spurs's style will be glorious.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
:lol: No white text?

I've yet to see people burning effigies of him. This "bullying" people like you are talking about is more like people laughing at him, rather than actively hating him.

I used to remember you have to have thick skin to be able to play football, even at junior levels, because of the potential rejections and criticism from your peers and coaches. Has that environment changed?

Man of Leisure

I've yet to see people burning effigies of him. This "bullying" people like you are talking about is more like people laughing at him, rather than actively hating him.

I used to remember you have to have thick skin to be able to play football, even at junior levels, because of the potential rejections and criticism from your peers and coaches. Has that environment changed?
Umm, yeah. Clearly times have changed. That’s pretty obvious. I’ve made my points surrounding this situation above. Not that I’m too bothered one way or the other, but I do find the reactions here humorous considering what the Caf is normally like. Or I should say, how most typically view things. Oh the irony.

mav_9me

Probably not. And the thing is Kane himself is somebody who has been through a fair bit of adversity. He was not a natural talent or a prodigy for whom everything worked out. He has made the most of the chances he has had and he is a player who works hard in general.

Turns out he is as much of a prima donna as any of them.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Giggs banged his brothers wife for 8 years and didn't get a fraction of the hate Kane is getting from the footballing world.
At this point, your paranoia is distasteful You're fecking demented if you think Kane is getting it worse than Giggs did. As he well should have.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Umm, yeah. Clearly times have changed. That’s pretty obvious. I’ve made my points surrounding this situation above. Not that I’m too bothered one way or the other, but I do find the reactions here humorous considering what the Caf is normally like. Or I should say, how most typically view things. Oh the irony.
No they haven't. They may have shifted, but it's certainly still prevalent. You think criticism doesn't exist on football any more? :confused:

People are taking the piss out of him for claiming a goal that wasn't his, and then whinging to his manager about a bit of light hearted humour after calling others "mentally weak".

Man of Leisure

No they haven't. They may have shifted, but it's certainly still prevalent. You think criticism doesn't exist on football any more? :confused:
Ahh, I misread the post. No of course you’re right, criticism and how you handle it is a big part of being a professional footballer. Prolly didn’t expect tweets like that to come from his own FA, but still. FWIW, I think Kane will be fine and able to tune it out. He may be thin-skinned and a bit sensitive, but he’s been able to perform at a high level for quite a while now.

Phil

For feck sake this is pathetic and Harry Kane in particular is a laughable little bitch.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Everyone is laughing, but no one is refuting it. Find me a star player of a nation that has gotten this much abuse before a big tournament, good luck with that, because you aren't going to find him.

Giggs banged his brothers wife for 8 years and didn't get a fraction of the hate Kane is getting from the footballing world. But, I guess that is what happens when people label Kane an idiot and make fun of the way he talks and consider it completely acceptable. It is just some good ol' banter.
What Giggs did wasnt funny at all. I guess most people would conisder that disgraceful.

What Hary Claim did was pathetic and funny. But the calibre of the offence is not comparable.

Btw nice goal yesterday to make it 3:2

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Can you imagine what he would be like if he had to endure what Beckham had to go through after France 98?

I can just see him reeeeeeeeing in Pochs office about the nasty words in the tweet and Poch having to put a towel over his head like a parrot to shut him up.
:lol: Well done.

Akshay

Staff
So Kane complained to his Argentine coach about a tweet the English F.A. account made. Seriously?
It's not the FA's account. It's the FA Cup account which makes jokey tweets all the time, including recent stuff like a gif of Jose looking sad on Int'l Happiness Day, or saying you can't trust a footballer who trains in a snood etc. No one gave a shit until this.

Nick7

What abuse?

Wishbone Ash

Superior Player with Weak Mentality < Slightly Inferior Player with Strong Mentality. Every time please.
Lazy, baseless and thoughtless bias. Kane has outperformed Lukaku consistently ever since he became a first-team regular at Spurs. Four seasons on the spin isn't luck or coincidence.

A stronger mentality (if indeed he has one, which is debatable despite the plethora of internet psychologists we have on here with their fine analyses of Kane's mindset, about which they now know everything because of this story) doesn't make Lukaku a better plysical player on the pitch, which is were football is played and where it matters most.

Please give me some examples of Lukaku's mental strength being shown in a way Kane's never has. Or alternatively, give me something Lukaku has done which Kane can't or never has. Seeing as mentality is so important that it compensates for a skill deficit, and seeing as Lukaku is apparently better in this department and therefore a better player, it shouldn't be too difficult.