Harry Kane MBE | Performances

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The only top team he's yet to score against is Man Utd, otherwise he's put a few away vs Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea, as well as 2 in 3 appearances in the CL.

He'll have to carry on proving himself though and he's at the right place to carry on learning.

Solver

Very harsh on both of them IMO. Only in Premier League Kane (born in '93) scored 21 goals in 13/14, 25 in 14/15 and now 14 in 20 games of this season - these are not stats of a "decent Premier League player", he's one of the best strikers in the league. I definitely think he is good enough to be a starter in a title winning team - it won't be Spurs, be he would do just fine in United or Chelsea (personally I'd take Kane over Costa comfortably). Not a world class (yet?), wonderful goalscorer and a very good player.
Alli is a year older than Rashford and a year younger than Martial. In last two seasons he has 57 PL apps, 21 goals and 12 assists. Martial and Rashford combined got total of 22 goals and 11 assists. I dislike Spurs with passion, but looking at Dele's stats and game I have no doubt he is one of the best prospects in the league, he has everything to be the best English midfielder of his generation. Next summer (2018) he could be off to a top team, I think.
precisely how I feel too; not a fan of Spurs at all but it's good to give credit where it's due. Kane and Ali will be among England's finest for years to come. If you saw Ali dismantle Chelsea with movement and two headed goals you'd think you were watching a seasoned pro of many years but them two are but young boys really and can only progress

Solver

Think he's been pretty good against Liverpool so you're probably onto something
he was very poor against Liverpool the other week; in fact, Spurs are usually dire against that lot and you to wonder why

AXVnee7

Think he's been pretty good against Liverpool so you're probably onto something
Even against Liverpool he hasn't been that good. Was okay at WHL, but went completely missing at Anfield. He didn't score against us, in either game against Chelsea or against Man City. Goals aren't everything but he does disappear a lot in many big games.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Spurs attack is also quite shit though.

They never look like scoring a goal whenever I've watched them. Their build-up play is so laboured.

m1y2

Another overrated player just the same as Dele Alli. Both decent premier league players but never going be the top top players consistently in a title winning team. They may have a good couple of seasons here and there but are still below the top level required to dominate the league.
Harry Kane is just consistent,a step below top level, goalscorer whom is just about good for the title winning team, Delle Alli is potentially best English midfielder of his generation and already quite tearing the league apart... both players are much better than decent although can be little overrated, I believe they can look even better in a better team like United

Kag

One of the best centre forwards in Europe. I'm not entirely sure what he has to do to get the universal acclaim his record and form clearly deserves.

There's something slightly inelegant about Kane, but he's the real deal and his goal record stands up to scrutiny.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If this was 2007 I could see Fergie breaking the bank for him, and Spurs selling. Now the dynamic is a little different, plus Levy would tell us to get fecked.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Harry Kane is just consistent,a step below top level, goalscorer whom is just about good for the title winning team, Delle Alli is potentially best English midfielder of his generation and already quite tearing the league apart... both players are much better than decent although can be little overrated, I believe they can look even better in a better team like United
I agree with what you said about Kane being consistent and a step below top level. Dele Alli tearing the league apart on the other hand..... His performances get blown well out of proportion. He isn't tearing the league apart. He has 3 good games then 3 average games. Scores a couple off decent goals here and there and he is supposedly likely to be the "best English Midfielder of his generation". I will be in the minority here but I really don't think he is that good. He is about Lingard's level and Lingard would be doing just as well as Alli is if he played for Spurs. A top 6 quality player but not a top title winning first teamer and certainly not elite European level unless he has some world beaters in and around him to take his team to that level. People talk as if he is the best midfielder in the premier league. If that is true then the premier league is very weak indeed.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I said we should have bought him last summer but people scoffed at having to pay £50m - he needs to prove it another season they said, his price won't increase anyway they said. You'd be looking at double that now.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I agree with what you said about Kane being consistent and a step below top level. Dele Alli tearing the league apart on the other hand..... His performances get blown well out of proportion. He isn't tearing the league apart. He has 3 good games then 3 average games. Scores a couple off decent goals here and there and he is supposedly likely to be the "best English Midfielder of his generation". I will be in the minority here but I really don't think he is that good. He is about Lingard's level and Lingard would be doing just as well as Alli is if he played for Spurs. A top 6 quality player but not a top title winning first teamer and certainly not elite European level unless he has some world beaters in and around him to take his team to that level. People talk as if he is the best midfielder in the premier league. If that is true then the premier league is very weak indeed.
Lingard is not on Alli's level...

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I said we should have bought him last summer but people scoffed at having to pay £50m - he needs to prove it another season they said, his price won't increase anyway they said. You'd be looking at double that now.
Bit of a pointless post considering Spurs would never have sold him to us for £50m in a million years, and he would likely not want to leave anyway.

LouisDanGaal

One of the best centre forwards in Europe. I'm not entirely sure what he has to do to get the universal acclaim his record and form clearly deserves.

There's something slightly inelegant about Kane, but he's the real deal and his goal record stands up to scrutiny.
Yep people are blinded by completely irrelevant aspects of his play and it happens with a lot of players, he might not look great on the ball but it means nothing. He is an exceptional player, he is there to kick it in the goal, every team in the league knows how he plays and his limitations but nobody can stop him. Might not have the charisma or flashiness of some players but he is just about as good a goalscorer as you could wish to have in your team.

LouisDanGaal

Serious question, do you watch spurs? some of your views seem quite frankly absurd, you are massively underrating Kane and Alli.

Kag

It pains me to read posts like this because it essentially justifies a teeny, weeny little bit of Glaston's nonsense.

BringNaniBack

Serious question, do you watch spurs? some of your views seem quite frankly absurd, you are massively underrating Kane and Alli.
Yes I do watch them. When United aren't playing. Spurs are a great unit I just don't think many of their players are that great individually.

BringNaniBack

It pains me to read posts like this because it essentially justifies a teeny, weeny little bit of Glaston's nonsense.
Just an opinion. Lets see where Alli is in 4 years time. I don't think he will be right at the top as many expect. Also, Glaston's nonsense?

m1y2

I can only laugh at Spurs missing on top 4 this year and some of the overreaction from their fans' camp but jeez what did you just write? With a bit of honesty, isn't that 3 good games decent and 3 good games average how Pogba performs this year? And Alli is 3 years old and currently 20! speaking about him like he's shit is ridiculous, a player who has so many years to reach his potential (could be in 8 fecking years!! which is like an average age to reach your top level) he's already at 13+6 this season, playing more attacking role than Pogba sure, maybe lesser potential than him but surely he can be a worldie too, considering also how good he was in his first season in the premier league as a teenager.

Also Lingard is as good as Alli? That is absolute nonsense, Kane and him are carrying the team without a doubt along with Erricksen at times, the rest is decent players playing above their level due to pochettino's leadership skills and sense for organization... you picked the wrong players

dbs235

Kane is one goal away from his third consecutive 20 goal season (all competitions, although he's likely to reach 20 in the league again this year), and that goal will also be his 100th career goal. By the age of 23. Because he's slow and doesn't dribble past many players like Suarez does he gets a lot of criticism but his goal record is fantastic.

BringNaniBack

I can only laugh at Spurs missing on top 4 this year and some of the overreaction from their fans' camp but jeez what did you just write? With a bit of honesty, isn't that 3 good games decent and 3 good games average how Pogba performs this year? And Alli is 3 years old and currently 20! speaking about him like he's shit is ridiculous, a player who has so many years to reach his potential (could be in 8 fecking years!! which is like an average age to reach your top level) he's already at 13+6 this season, playing more attacking role than Pogba sure, maybe lesser potential than him but surely he can be a worldie too, considering also how good he was in his first season in the premier league as a teenager.

Also Lingard is as good as Alli? That is absolute nonsense, Kane and him are carrying the team without a doubt along with Erricksen at times, the rest is decent players playing above their level due to pochettino's leadership skills and sense for organization... you picked the wrong players
I never mentioned Pogba so i'm not sure why you added him to the equation. Pogba has had half good games and half awful games so I would say Alli has been the better of the two. That doesn't mean I think Alli has been great. I wasn't speaking about him like he's shit either, just not as good as others are implying or expecting him to be in the future.

LouisDanGaal

Yes I do watch them. When United aren't playing. Spurs are a great unit I just don't think many of their players are that great individually.
I agree, they are a great unit, and arguably a case of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts team, but that's always an accusation when you are getting the best out of players, for instance danny rose and kyle walker, now considered two of the best fullbacks in the league weren't really up to much pre pocchetino, his system has brought them and others along hugely as players and its hard to work out if they can function as effectively outside of that system.

With regards to Kane and Alli though, I genuinely feel they are a little special. Kane will score goals no matter what, he just has incredible instincts, get him the ball enough and he will get it in the goal. Alli is afforded essentially a free role in the side so he has advantages a lot of other promising players don't have but he certainly makes the most out of it, he has been in terrific form and fully deserves his place as the prem player of the month based on terrific form. He also won the young player of the year award last season and that was for my money not in the slightest controversial, he will become a top player I'm sure.

Eire Red United

3!?? He's been one of the best players in the league at 3? If so sign him up quick imagine how good he'll be when hes 23 and out of nappies.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
With all due respect, you're massively underrating Alli.
Out of interest, why would Lingard perform better at Spurs and not United?

PoTMS

Lingard is on the same level as Alli? :lol: they guy would struggle to get into a team like Watford or Bournemouth, let alone a team above us in the league.

Alli, on the other hand, is a brilliant player who would start for most of the teams in the league.

Robbie Boy

Lingard wouldn't get near the Spurs first team. Townsend couldn't get a game and was shipped off and he's about Lingards level. Christ.

BringNaniBack

With all due respect, you're massively underrating Alli.
Out of interest, why would Lingard perform better at Spurs and not United?
If given the same role and freedom as Alli at Spurs I think Lingard would be at a similar level. I don't think that would ever happen but if given the chance I don't think there is a big difference in ability between the two. At United he will never get in consistently ahead of Mhki, Mata, Martial who are all better than him and all better than Alli IMO.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
If given the same role and freedom as Alli at Spurs I think Lingard would be at a similar level. I don't think that would ever happen but if given the chance I don't think there is a big difference in ability between the two. At United he will never get in consistently ahead of Mhki, Mata, Martial who are all better than him and all better than Alli IMO.
Lingard has never done anything to suggest he's capable of playing at that level just yet. You can't just cite lack of playing time to make up for that, but if you really believe it then why aren't you slating Mourinho for not playing him in the same role as Alli for Spurs every week? Either Lingard isn't as good as you're saying, or Mourinho is a terrible judge of talent.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
He's quite good.

I'm still mystified by his absolutely horrible display at the Euros.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
You need to watch Alli more. The kid is the real deal.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not a chance. You are talking shits. Alli is much more talented than Lingard and also performing at a much better level too. He is the real deal.

bpet15

He is about Lingard's level and Lingard would be doing just as well as Alli is if he played for Spurs.
What the actual feck?

I'm all for supporting United and our players, but come on, you can't be serious with this.

Solver

Kane is one goal away from his third consecutive 20 goal season (all competitions, although he's likely to reach 20 in the league again this year), and that goal will also be his 100th career goal. By the age of 23. Because he's slow and doesn't dribble past many players like Suarez does he gets a lot of criticism but his goal record is fantastic.
period. Agreed- well said

SidRed

I support United but the truth is Alli is much better than any young player at United.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I support United but the truth is Alli is much better than any young player at United.
Nah. Another overhyped English midfielder being turned into an average no.10 for some reason. Much better than Lingard ( don't know know what that guy has been smoking) but I'd much rather have Rashford or Martial.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Nah. Another overhyped English midfielder being turned into an average no.10 for some reason. Much better than Lingard ( don't know know what that guy has been smoking) but I'd much rather have Rashford or Martial.
This

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
ROFL ok mate. Of course he is.