Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
In the event that Madrid come in with a concrete offer for Kane (or any club with the financial means to meet Levy's valuation and the players salary demands) I'm absolutely positive the player will jump ship without a moments hesitation, and sure I'd be prepared to place a bet on it for a laugh.

What the bet would actually entail is beyond my logic, though.
The thing that gets me is do people really think no one has made offers/enquiries? I'd imagine some incredibly rich ones have already been proposed. I can't imagine all these clubs have just been sitting on their hands wondering if Kane is good or not.

Not just Kane, but several of these Spurs players. If they wanted to leave and if Levy was as money hungry as everyone thinks they'd be long gone for big $$$ already. They've all shown they aren't flashes in the pan and they're incredibly high quality. Yet they're still here.

It just doesn't add up to me. If people think that as soon as a "big club" comes in then they'll be off why hasn't a "big club" come in then?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The thing that gets me is do people really think no one has made offers/enquiries? I'd imagine some incredibly rich ones have already been proposed. I can't imagine all these clubs have just been sitting on their hands wondering if Kane is good or not.

Not just Kane, but several of these Spurs players. If they wanted to leave and if Levy was as money hungry as everyone thinks they'd be long gone for big $$$ already. They've all shown they aren't flashes in the pan and they're incredibly high quality. Yet they're still here.

It just doesn't add up to me. If people think that as soon as a "big club" comes in then they'll be off why hasn't a "big club" come in then?
Totally agree Chelsea and United looking for an out and out striker... Kane doesn't interest them? I very much doubt it, they would at the very least contact Kane's agent first... If there is no bid that would say it all. I think Conte suggested it in the summer but most likely didn't get the response they wanted.

Il say it again Kane isn't the usual player, didn't have a usual rise to the top and doesn't have a big move agent. It should be applauded instead of the same old "he needs to move BS". Trust me the big team supporters and the media will soon start questioning Kane's ambition/mentality when they should be really applauding him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Im sure they've had bids for all of their players. They just haven't been publicized.

The phone calls will be quick though.

Kane would cost more than Mbappe.
Alli would cost more than Coutinho.

Nobody outside of England will pay that money in my opinion.
Nobody inside England will either.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Im sure they've had bids for all of their players. They just haven't been publicized.

The phone calls will be quick though.

Kane would cost more than Mbappe.
Alli would cost more than Coutinho.

Nobody outside of England will pay that money in my opinion.
Nobody inside England will either.
But the theory is none of our players are paid enough, so why do they stay?

UnrelatedPsuedo

But the theory is none of our players are paid enough, so why do they stay?
It's very simple economics at work.

I never understand why people think that Spurs are a special case or exception to normal rules.

The players stay because the club doesn't want to sell them and they think they are in the right place for their careers right now.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's very simple economics at work.

I never understand why people think that Spurs are a special case or exception to normal rules.

The players stay because the club doesn't want to sell them and they think they are in the right place for their careers right now.
Come on mate we have seen Berbatov, Modric and Bale force a move in recent history. As everyone says it's player power, if they wanted a move they would at the very least make it public. If the likes of Kane, Toby and Eriksen weren't happy and wanted to go we would know. Honestly the biggest surprise to me is Eriksen, players of his type, age and quality are literally rare as hens teeth. I don't think we're a special case, apart from maybe Kane.

Even Dier, who isn't in that category, wanted by United didn't say a word this summer.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Come on mate we have seen Berbatov, Modric and Bale force a move in recent history. As everyone says it's player power, if they wanted a move they would at the very least make it public. If the likes of Kane, Toby and Eriksen weren't happy and wanted to go we would know. Honestly the biggest surprise to me is Eriksen, players of his type, age and quality are literally rare as hens teeth.
I don't know why you're trying to push me to say that the players want to move? I don't believe that's the case.

Did you quote the wrong post initially?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don't know why you're trying to push me to say that the players want to move? I don't believe that's the case.

Did you quote the wrong post initially?
So you don't see a general idea among the media and supporters that Spurs players all feel they aren't paid enough, or at a club where they can't win honours? I'm not meaning to sound obtuse but you seem to have a different mind set than others on here.

UnrelatedPsuedo

So you don't see a general idea among the media and supporters that Spurs players all feel they aren't paid enough, or at a club where they can't win honours?
I do see people say that.

But that's not something I wanted to discuss so I didn't bring it up.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Fair enough my apologies.
All good mate. For some Colour to your question without really getting off the fence:

Most people look on at clubs like Monaco and Trot out "Would be nice to see them keep their squad and challenge PSG" but say the opposite about Spurs.

Spurs have a fabulous title-capable squad full of players that are hugely valuable. Both in terms of transfer fees and earning ability.

I do believe that in the long term Alli and Eriksen may leave. Kane I'm less sure about. They may leave for a shot at winning a league/CL. That's the quality they have. They may leave for money but I think Spurs will dig deeper to pay their salaries so that's moot.

But all we can judge is right now. If you had to move as a player in order to win a League Title or CL, it's hard to back the right horse. Chelsea, United, City will fight Spurs domestically. They'll also fight better sides in Europe. Any Spurs player jumping ship right now might guess wrong and still end up without a domestic or European trophy.

Sitting tight to play under a manager that plays you to your strengths, improves you, has you competing (if not challenging) in the biggest competitions. There's a lot of sense there. Marry that with a chairman that doesn't want to sell and an absence of antagonistic agents... it's a very settled place to play your best football.

CapitalismSucks

Supports
Spurs
Seems to me this thread has morphed into a "When will Kane leave Spurs" thread, as much as discussing his performances.

My two cents:
I think it`s clear that Spurs fans don`t think there is a chance in hell he`ll leave before summer of 2019. Period. I`m fairly certain Levy knows very well that it would be an uproar in the fan base he hasn`t seen before if he was to sell before moving into the stadium. Ad to it the risk of angering Poch (And we saw what happened when Poch fell out with the owners at Southampton), and it just doesn`t make sense to sell him whatever the bid might be. Even if Kane came out crying for a move like Bale did (And I don`t think he will), he`d still have to play another full season before anyting happens. At least. Just like Ratboy and Bale.
Come summer of 2019, and he is still on less than half his worth wage wise and we haven`t started winning anything.. Sure, I guess he might ask to leave, although if anyone at Spurs is likely to do a Totti it would be Kane.

As to performances, I just keep pinching my arm when I see him play as watching his development is too good to be true. (A little like watching Bale develop, but only better since he really is one of our own) I know he comes across as being somewhat unspectacular, but for me, his ability to beat a man and create chances on his own is very underrated. His shooting must be up there with the best bar maybe Ronaldo and Messi (and probably a couple others). I saw a stat that Coutinho has the most goals in the Premiership from outside the 18 yard box since february 2013 with 17. Kane was in the top five with 11, but that stat don`t tell the whole truth when it comes to Kane, as he didn`t really break into the team until november 2014. And that`s without really taking the free kicks much. He also shoots from all angles while at the same time hitting the goal more often than any player I can recall (bar maybe Messi and Ronaldo again). For me those qualities are plenty spectacular enough. Top 5 striker in the world currently. Easily.

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
All good mate. For some Colour to your question without really getting off the fence:

Most people look on at clubs like Monaco and Trot out "Would be nice to see them keep their squad and challenge PSG" but say the opposite about Spurs.

Spurs have a fabulous title-capable squad full of players that are hugely valuable. Both in terms of transfer fees and earning ability.

I do believe that in the long term Alli and Eriksen may leave. Kane I'm less sure about. They may leave for a shot at winning a league/CL. That's the quality they have. They may leave for money but I think Spurs will dig deeper to pay their salaries so that's moot.

But all we can judge is right now. If you had to move as a player in order to win a League Title or CL, it's hard to back the right horse. Chelsea, United, City will fight Spurs domestically. They'll also fight better sides in Europe. Any Spurs player jumping ship right now might guess wrong and still end up without a domestic or European trophy.

Sitting tight to play under a manager that plays you to your strengths, improves you, has you competing (if not challenging) in the biggest competitions. There's a lot of sense there. Marry that with a chairman that doesn't want to sell and an absence of antagonistic agents... it's a very settled place to play your best football.
That's pretty much how I see it, I'm not stupid enough to think we can keep everyone but I do think we have more lee way than most believe we do. Our most important employee is Poch. People see Levy in the wrong light, he's not a seller unless he has no choice, at the point he knows he can't keep someone he will go to work. Good post and nice and respectful, nice meeting you! To be honest if Fergie was still in charge, I honestly believe Levy may of had his had tried very, very hard.

Mister_Stubbs

England created nothing for him tbf.
Truly world class attackers create stuff for themselves though do they not? Agreed he was living off scraps but he was also very sloppy in possession and took far to many pot shots that failed to hit the target.

redmeister

Truly world class attackers create stuff for themselves though do they not? Agreed he was living off scraps but he was also very sloppy in possession and took far to many pot shots that failed to hit the target.
No he wasn't!

el3mel

Hmm not the case for classic strikers I believe. Wide forwards are the ones supposed to create for themselves out of nothing but any classic number 9 will always depend on the other players form and how the team itself is playing. Agree some strikers do some moments of brilliance here and there but that's not the rule.

Boycott

Like the goal against Dortmund and his second at the weekend?

Luke1995

He did his job today. All the record books will remember is he scored a goal this day. Looks like he needs to have a world class world cup to prove his haters wrong.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
11 in 22 at international level isn't that bad considering it's England we're talking about. He seems to have been told to stay forward and not work back as much as he does with us.

Stadjer

He did his job today. All the record books will remember is he scored a goal this day. Looks like he needs to have a world class world cup to prove his haters wrong.
Well... not being the joke of the international tournament would help. I think he was the worst 'big name' player last EC.

Luke1995

Well... not being the joke of the international tournament would help. I think he was the worst 'big name' player last EC.
Hardly worse than Rooney. But why all people remember are the tournaments? Harry actually has a pretty good record in qualifying matches and friendlies since his debut against Lithuania in 2015.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I can see him going o Madrid. They'll eventually move on from Ronaldo and will want a top CF to replace Benzema and him, and Kane's goal record puts him in contention. I don't rate his all round game as up there with someone like Suarez but I also don't see many elite strikers of the right age that are better than Kane.

Bwuk

Best striker in England.

I don't think anyone in England would pay the money that Spurs would demand for Harry Kane. Can only ever see him going abroad.

Can see him being Ronaldos replacement at Madrid in a year or two. Obviously not the same position but as the main source of goals in the side.

I really think for England they should play Rashford upfront next to him. Rashford pace and movement would just open up so much more for Kane. If England want to do well at the World Cup they need to get the best out of Kane as he's the best player in that side.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Does anyone remember watching him for one of the English youth teams in a tournament one time and he was laughably bad. His improvement has been unbelievable.