Harry Kane MBE | Performances

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Madrid is my only real fear, mainly due to their head turning capabilities. I only hope he looks at Bale as an example, they are in my opinion a horrible club, rotten to the core and thinks "no il stay where I am". I honestly think he would score as much if not more than Messi and Ronaldo in Spain. I'm not saying he's as technically as good a player but he would own La Liga. I just wish the media would praise Kane's locality more than they do, it's so refreshing to hear a player like Kane over the childishness of Neymar etc.
But I think the difference is, Bale joined when Ronaldo in his prime, yet the current situation is that with the aging/declining Ronaldo and Benzema, Kane could as well become the main figure for Real in years to come.

meninred

Exactly, then those "Hala madrid" feckers keep saying, he is our next Ronaldo etc. Annoys me to the core. What makes them think they can snatch Kane like they did with Bale? Please Levy give a big fecking NO to them.
i am afraid Levy could wank if he gets 200 mill..Football is business afterall.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
i am afraid Levy could wank if he gets 200 mill..Football is business afterall.
Honestly would be hard for any club to turn down such a transfer fee, but Levy isn't that stupid. As long as Harry still wants to remain at Spurs I don't think Levy would even lift the phone, at his age how much is 25-30 goals gauranteed a season for the next 7-8 years?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Honestly would be hard for any club to turn down such a transfer fee, but Levy isn't that stupid. As long as Harry still wants to remain at Spurs I don't think Levy would even lift the phone, at his age how much is 25-30 goals gauranteed a season for the next 7-8 years?
The only time i could see Kane moving on is if Spurs dont make the CL for a couple seasons. A player of his calibre wants to be playing against the best teams. For the sake of argument lets say Spurs do not make CL for 2-3 seasons, does Kane stay when big money offers roll in, both in xfer fee for Levy and wages for Kane?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The only time i could see Kane moving on is if Spurs dont make the CL for a couple seasons. A player of his calibre wants to be playing against the best teams. For the sake of argument lets say Spurs do not make CL for 2-3 seasons, does Kane stay when big money offers roll in, both in xfer fee for Levy and wages for Kane?
I am in total agreement, I'm not saying Harry will stay with us on a conditionless basis. He words his statements very well, and he clearly does love Spurs. But if we don't start winning honours on a seasonal basis or indeed fall back he will look at his options. Don't think we have to worry just yet but if he his 27 or 28 he will and to be very honest I will wish him well. Something a bit like what happened with Teddy.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Poch was?
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...at-tottenham-as-long-as-daniel-levy-wants-him

Levy said he would happily have Poch for 10-15 years and Poch replied with he would stay as long as Levy wanted him. Clearly nothing binding lol but Poch is clearly very happy in London and with Spurs. Who knows what will happen but I don't think Poch has plans to leave just yet. He's not your typical coach, he's very much into a "philosophy" and I don't think he would get the same run at a club like United or Madrid where results and success are demanded immediately. Thankfully he has already said he could never manage Barca.

I see it very much the same as the Kane situation, as long as we continue to progress and start winning honors soon, both are happy to stay. I'm not stupid enough to think we can keep hold of all our players, some will want more money and will leave but we have some who are extremely committed to the "project". How we have kept hold of a player like Lloris, Vertongen, Toby and Eriksen amazes me.

Last edited:
Reactions: golden_blunder

Varun

Staff
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...at-tottenham-as-long-as-daniel-levy-wants-him

Levy said he would happily have Poch for 10-15 years and Poch replied with he would stay as long as Levy wanted him. Clearly nothing binding lol but Poch is clearly very happy in London and with Spurs. Who knows what will happen but I don't think Poch has plans to leave just yet. He's not your typical coach, he's very much into a "philosophy" and I don't think he would get the same run at a club like United or Madrid where results and success are demanded immediately. Thankfully he has already said he could never manage Barca.
Unfair to lump us with Madrid. As far as "big" clubs are concerned, we're among the best one can get in that regard.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Unfair to lump us with Madrid. As far as "big" clubs are concerned, we're among the best one can get in that regard.
Oh I agree I signed up to RC because I have the upmost respect for United, your a self made monster of a club, no bank rolling, and on the most part no plastic fans. Of course I have my views on some fans but on the most part this is a great forum. I just don't think a manager like Poch, if he was to maintain his ideology, would be really given the time at United. Of course some fans would love it but if Poch was at United now, you would have a very different team IMO.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I see it very much the same as the Kane situation, as long as we continue to progress and start winning honors soon, both are happy to stay. I'm not stupid enough to think we can keep hold of all our players, some will want more money and will leave but we have some who are extremely committed to the "project". How we have kept hold of a player like Lloris, Vertongen, Toby and Eriksen amazes me.
It’s a nice idea, loyalty in this day and age. Hope for your sakes he stays because he’s really turned spurs around. Contracts mean nothing though, if someone wants to go, they go.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It’s a nice idea, loyalty in this day and age. Hope for your sakes he stays because he’s really turned spurs around. Contracts mean nothing though, if someone wants to go, they go.
Totally agree best they do is give you a season to hold out depending on how profile the player/manager is. As long as we don't stagnate I think we will do ok, oh thanks for the full membership, it only took me 1000 posts lol.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
So how long does it take to fully recover from a minor strain?

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Sensible thing would be to give him the weekend off.
I don't like to wish players bad luck, but It would be great for us if Kane doesn't play this weekend..!!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is this where everyone mourns for him and makes out like it's a tragedy?

Personally I'm delighted he'll be missing the game.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Glad he's out but Llorente is a decent back up. Makes the game a whole lot more winnable now as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bit of fortune our way and I'll take it. We should be favorites now for the game on the weekend. Kane is a much much bigger loss for them than Pogba is for us IMO.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Still think Poch is bluffing, he doesnt need to be i know, but looks like he is.

NYAS

He's a massive loss for them. I was strongly hoping for a win even before this news but now, there really are no excuses.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
#Spursy :lol:, if there is the slightest doubt Poch won't risk him. Big Fernando up front with Son in and around him, huge blow but we can still score without Harry.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Still think Poch is bluffing, he doesnt need to be i know, but looks like he is.
If it’s a hamstring, which it definitely looked like when he came off, then it’s typically a minimum of 2 weeks out. Bringing him back early would be massively risky as he could properly tear it and be out for much longer.

Zoo

Kane has never scored at OT and Smalling had him in his pocket a few seasons ago. It's a blow but all teams have to deal with injuries.

Andersons Dietician

Great news. Yet unfortunate for Spurs. Now if only Wenger could do that food poisoning thing again for the likes of Erickson, Son, Alli,Winks and the rest.

AngliaRed

Massive loss for spurs as he’s in the best form of his career so far. I really cant see them giving us any trouble without him.

We need to take advantage of this and get on a good run. Stick Pogba on the bench aswell for a lift. It works wonders.

NYAS

#Spursy :lol:, if there is the slightest doubt Poch won't risk him. Big Fernando up front with Son in and around him, huge blow but we can still score without Harry.
You think Son will start? I was thinking Alli and Eriksen behind Llorente in a 3-4-2-1. Son off the bench.

kotha

Great news but certainly don't know if we will even use his loss to the full extent.. I got giddy when Liverpool lost Mane,but we just played fpr a draw.. So let's see if Mourinho goes for it or just decides to sit back.. With it being at OT , we should certainly attack more and make use of his absence..