Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just the standard Kane display against us really. But Tottenham weren't offering much attacking wise anyway.

Can certainly see why they draw so many games. And unlike us I expect they haven't ravaged the opposition only to be let down by finishing/wonder keeping/etc

3KDré

I can't remember the last time I actually WATCHED him play well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Didn't they beat us like 4-0 or something last season with him scoring?
3-0, and no.

it was a strange game that was pretty level until we had to sub TFM! Collapsing after replacing a kid!

I think it was one of our "underestimate" London traffic trips, and we arrived late, were worried that would ruck us up, it didn't seem to, and then later on maybe contributed.

Skorenzy

That's harsh on Kane. At the age of 23 Zlatan moved to Juve from Ajax.
Which is clearly a step up from playing for this Tottenham side, I'd think? Lest you forget Juve are perennial title-contenders and had reached a CL final two seasons before.

Rossa

Didn't realise he played today, what time was he subbed on?
95th minute I think.

He just doesn't offer much when he doesn't score. He isn't strong like Ibra to hold the ball, and he doesn't have the technique to execute a brilliant flick or pass, and he is slow and thus cannot threaten the space behind defenders. He has an aptitude for being in the right place at the right time though and knows where the goal is. Boring player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Possibly a mental thing when it comes to Kane against us now

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
yes.

pretty idiotic post to be honest.

Kane is a very good player,but wasn't great today.
Yeah he's a very good player, he was crap today but I think some of the United players deserve a lot of credit for that.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
95th minute I think.

He just doesn't offer much when he doesn't score. He isn't strong like Ibra to hold the ball, and he doesn't have the technique to execute a brilliant flick or pass, and he is slow and thus cannot threaten the space behind defenders. He has an aptitude for being in the right place at the right time though and knows where the goal is. Boring player.
Actually his all round game was very good last season.

Since the Euros however it's dropped to Rooney levels.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Which is clearly a step up from playing for this Tottenham side, I'd think? Lest you forget Juve are perennial title-contenders and had reached a CL final two seasons before.
Kane has had two 20+ goal seasons in a row in the PL.

Rossa

Actually his all round game was very good last season.

Since the Euros however it's dropped to Rooney levels.
It might have been, but he offers little these days. Also, he is just so boring. He has no attributes that make him interesting to watch - no dribbling, no speed, no technique, passing, creativity - nothing. He is the opposite of Ronaldinho!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It might have been, but he offers little these days. Also, he is just so boring. He has no attributes that make him interesting to watch - no dribbling, no speed, no technique, passing, creativity - nothing. He is the opposite of Ronaldinho!
Again, utterly laughable post. Some of the people posting in here are absolutely clueless.

Rossa

Again, utterly laughable post. Some of the people posting in here are absolutely clueless.
Thank you. I think he's a good player, in the Müller mould, but I just find him utterly boring to watch. What is so clueless about that? It is an opinion, not stated as fact.

Some people on here are so know-it-all.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Thank you. I think he's a good player, in the Müller mould, but I just find him utterly boring to watch. What is so clueless about that? It is an opinion, not stated as fact.

Some people on here are so know-it-all.
You said he has no dribbling (wrong he is a very good dribbler), no speed (agreed), no technique (again complete nonsense), passing (he is a very good long range passer- one mistake this match not withstanding), creativity (he is an out and out striker so creatively is not his game).

The fact you basically compared him to Ronaldinho of all people to prove that you think he is boring is absolutely hilarious and in a bad way. Tell me who doesn't look boring compared to him?

It wasn't your opinion on him being boring or not that I disagreed with as that is your opinion on how he looks when he plays, fair enough. It was all the other complete nonsense you said.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Possibly a mental thing when it comes to Kane against us now
Don't think there's too much mystery is there, we are still a team that are hard to beat, and not one someone like Kane gets loads of chances against.
His type of striker can look absolute carthorse material on the wrong day, a day like today.

Rossa

You said he has no dribbling (wrong he is a very good dribbler), no speed (agreed), no technique (again complete nonsense), passing (he is a very good long range passer- one mistake this match not withstanding), creativity (he is an out and out striker so creatively is not his game).

The fact you basically compared him to Ronaldinho of all people to prove that you think he is boring is absolutely hilarious and in a bad way. Tell me who doesn't look boring compared to him?
He is certainly not a very good dribbler. It must be bad days at Spurs if he is considered a good dribbler. He has good control of the ball, but his technique is not anything special. His passing is very safe - Rooney can also pull off a couple of good long range efforts. It doesn't mean I think he is a good passer.
So a striker should not be creative? Ibra, Agüero, Suarez all pop in to si "howdy". It doesn't matter what you think are the key attributes - I acknowledge that he is a good player, but he, to me, is boring to watch. Ronaldinho is the most entertaining player that I've ever watched, and Kane, as an attacker, has none of those attributes.

Lampard was boring to watch as well - doesn't take away his accolades. The same goes for Müller. Never once did I state my opinion as facts. Fact is, though, that I think he is boring.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm not talking about whether he is entertaining or not ffs - that's your opinion and that's grand. I don't care about that. Its the other stuff that was plainly wrong that I had a problem with.

Rossa

It wasn't your opinion on him being boring or not that I disagreed with as that is your opinion on how he looks when he plays, fair enough. It was all the other complete nonsense you said.
Forgot to reply to the last sentence:

Mohammed Ali is recognized as the best boxer of all time; does that make all other boxers rubbish? Of course not. I think bloody Lallana is fun to watch compared to Kane, and that is saying something. Aaron Lennon is an average player, but at his prime, where he was also average, he was fun to watch. There are entertaining players and good players, and then there are those that manage to combine both. Kane is good, but boring, imo.

Rossa

I'm not talking about whether he is entertaining or not ffs - that's your opinion and that's grand. I don't care about that. Its the other stuff that was plainly wrong that I had a problem with.
It's not plainly wrong.You say he is a good passer - would you characterize it as anything but safe, and subsequently boring, bar for one or two Hollywood lofty balls that a hot air balloon could intercept? You say his technique is good; maybe so, but in a Carrick type of way, not in an Ibra type of way, or Iniesta etc. He is very similar to Müller who is obviously a great player, but I think he's boring as well.

Man-United

He was injured for a longer period and of course you will see it take time for him to be back. He's a great player.

Skorenzy

Kane has had two 20+ goal seasons in a row in the PL.
Which is very impressive, but all that means is that he was a more prolific goalscorer than Ibra at his age... Meanwhile Ibra was having an impact on title races (to his credit you could argue that so did Kane last season even if it did all end rather unceremoniously for them), playing regularly and scoring in the CL and the Euros.

I guess much will depend on what he does this season to further this assessment.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Don't think there's too much mystery is there, we are still a team that are hard to beat, and not one someone like Kane gets loads of chances against.
His type of striker can look absolute carthorse material on the wrong day, a day like today.
Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are also tough teams to beat and he has an excellent record against all of those

m1y2

the title:-D He's quality palyer but ina game like this it can easily bypass him.. happened to more quality palyers

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
the title:-D He's quality palyer but ina game like this it can easily bypass him.. happened to more quality palyers
Games can pass any forward by, I've seen games that have even passed by Messi.

Kane will have plenty more days like today in his career but it won't stop him hitting a couple of hundred PL goals.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Forgot to reply to the last sentence:

Mohammed Ali is recognized as the best boxer of all time; does that make all other boxers rubbish? Of course not. I think bloody Lallana is fun to watch compared to Kane, and that is saying something. Aaron Lennon is an average player, but at his prime, where he was also average, he was fun to watch. There are entertaining players and good players, and then there are those that manage to combine both. Kane is good, but boring, imo.
Once again, this is 3 times now I have said it and been ignored. I'm not saying anything about if he is boring or not - you find him boring and that's fine, I don't care about that as its just your opinion. Please stop going on about him being boring - I get it you think he is boring. That's grand. Its not the boring thing I'm responding to. Please god don't make me have to repeat it a 4th time.

Rossa

Once again, this is 3 times now I have said it and been ignored. I'm not saying anything about if he is boring or not - you find him boring and that's fine, I don't care about that as its just your opinion. Please stop going on about him being boring - I get it you think he is boring. That's grand. Its not the boring thing I'm responding to. Please god don't make me have to repeat it a 4th time.
I responded to all the other things as well. I think he is bang average in pretty much anything except being in the right place at the right time and hitting the back of the net. I don't think he is anything more than an average passer or has more than average technique.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I responded to all the other things as well. I think he is bang average in pretty much anything except being in the right place at the right time and hitting the back of the net. I don't think he is anything more than an average passer or has more than average technique.
Well fair enough - we obviously have different opinions. That's football. I just got frustrated that multiple times the only thing I had not made any comment on (if he was boring or not) was the one thing being thrown back at me.