Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Treble

While I think that Kane is nowhere near the best goalscorers in the EPL history, it must be said that he is younger than most of them and plays for a relatively worse side.

Sylar

I like Kane. Him and Ali link up well. Its baffling how England cant see that and try and work others into it (well Euros was a shocker esp with Kane on corners). Hopefully Southgate just plays them two, Lallana and one more for the attack. Makes most sense.

ChaddyP

While I think that Kane is nowhere near the best goalscorers in the EPL history, it must be said that he is younger than most of them and plays for a relatively worse side.
spurs is a great side and one of the most balanced in the epl. but yes he is much younger than most on that list

lysglimt

Scout
Shearers numbers are incredible tbh
Shearers numbers can't really be compared to the others - because he had played over 100 matches in the old 1 division - without really scoring a lot of goals....and when P.L started - he started banging in goals.

So Harry Kane's numbers are a lot better than Shearers

Treble

spurs is a great side and one of the most balanced in the epl. but yes he is much younger than most on that list
The league now is more competitive than a decade or two ago. Spurs are a good side but not as dominant as United and Arsenal back then.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Holy crap, man. Ruud was something else wasn't he!

Aguero's been sensational for City as well. Saw a post comparing his scoring record to that of Drogba's. He's absolutely destroyed Didier.
I guess it's more suitable for a different thread but I always wondered why Drogba's goal stats seem underwhelming to be honest.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Righteous Steps

Fowler, Cole Shearer, were all very young when they reached those figures(i think)

Walters_19_MuFc

We talk about having English players. Harry Kane, at only 23, is one of the best strikers in the league. To me, he should replace Ibra the year after next. He's a goal machine.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Whenever I see him play, or hear him speak, I honestly think he is dim as feck. Like he would need help making a round of toast dim. Is he just in the way and the ball hits him and goes in? He can't have a great football brain when his normal brain barely works.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We talk about having English players. Harry Kane, at only 23, is one of the best strikers in the league. To me, he should replace Ibra the year after next. He's a goal machine.
Not many really care about having English players like some of you might think. I like having English players who came through are academy more than any other players though, but if we are going to splash money I seriously couldn't care less about player being English or not. There's also that thing that English players are generally average and that there are far more talented players around the world who mostly cost less.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Whenever I see him play, or hear him speak, I honestly think he is dim as feck. Like he would need help making a round of toast dim. Is he just in the way and the ball hits him and goes in? He can't have a great football brain when his normal brain barely works.
What the hell even is this post?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
You seem like a nice chap

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Just wanted to say that Shearer's ratio in those first 100 matches is incredible. 79. Wow.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Maybe I'm getting confused that his reservedress in front of the camera makes him appear dim.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's probably just fairly camera-shy, or maybe quite reserved. Nothing much wrong with that. And even if he is dim...it's hardly inhibiting him from the job he's paid to do on the field.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
10 PL goals so far isn't bad considering he was out for 8 weeks.
His scoring consistency is superb. Irrespective of what people think about him as a player, it's hard to argue against someone who's on track to score 20+ league goals for the third consecutive season. That's a feat Rooney hasn't managed, for example, nor plenty of other excellent strikers.

Skills

Snitch
I guess it's more suitable for a different thread but I always wondered why Drogba's goal stats seem underwhelming to be honest.
He was quite inconsistent. He only really turned up for 2 seasons (06/07 and 09/10). He was excellent in cup finals and his goals in the CL semi final and final in their win, kind of gloss over most of the inconsistencies.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He was quite inconsistent. He only really turned up for 2 seasons (06/07 and 09/10). He was excellent in cup finals and his goals in the CL semi final and final in their win, kind of gloss over most of the inconsistencies.
Yeah, although what I will say about him is he was also a big-game player (as you say in regards to some of the goals he scored); he could have a season where his goals stats were very underwhelming, but the goals he did score were very important and memorable. Drogba was frighteningly good at his best, but with him in your side you did lose the sort of scoring consistency someone like Kane offers Spurs...even though I'd say Drogba was a far, far better player.

Kag

Yeah, although what I will say about him is he was also a big-game player; he could have a season where his goals stats were very underwhelming, but the goals he did score were very important and memorable. Drogba was frighteningly good at his best, but with him in your side you did lose the sort of scoring consistency someone like Kane offers Spurs...even though I'd say Drogba was a far, far better player.
Ay, just had a little look at Drogba's numbers and I'm surprised to see he only hit 20 league goals on two occasions. His average was otherwise around 13 or 14. As you say, though, he tended to score when it mattered most.

Tarrou

Brilliant record. A lot of the guys higher up on the list were established pros when they first started playing in this league, so they'd gotten their bedding in period out the way.

Boycott

Loaned out to 4 different clubs before he got his break. Never looked back since.

Most fans love seeing academy boys jump into the first team quickly and these days with the agents and entourage these lads have they don't have the patience to wait for their chance. It's unrealistic and unreasonable on both parts.

Kane is a great example of someone who has made it to a very high level despite never really being hyped and whose career path was non-linear. It's hard not to like him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Clearly you have no brain mate.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Absolutely, and Kane will do well to become half the player Shearer was.
I agree, Shearer is one of the all time great English strikers. Kane has time on his side though and if he can remain consistent and score more for England he could come close.