Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The defensive performance of Juve in the 2nd half was the one I expected from the start - that's what a world class defense looks like, so you have to ask whether Kane is par with that to say he's 'the best' striker on the planet.

Still rate him extremely highly, but I'm not sure he's up there with the Lewa's of the world, yet.

World Cup will be defining.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
And people expect him to replace Ronny at Madrid.

Kane is an awesome player but Ronaldo is a tier above.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
This. Been saying for ages that I think he'll leave this Summer, but no-one else seems to even entertain the idea.
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/harry-kane-tottenham-zero-to-100/
And thank you, of course, to the Tottenham fans. I dreamed of playing for Spurs since I was a boy. For a long time my motivation was simply to close my eyes and picture myself scoring against Arsenal in the Premier League. Done that a few times now, and it never gets old. But now, my motivation is a bit different. Now, I close my eyes and I picture myself lifting the Premier League trophy at our new stadium with my mates. I’d trade the next 100 goals for that feeling.
He said that just in February. Would be surprised if after saying all that he just ditches them this summer before they move to their new stadium. The meltdown from Spurs fans would be amazing.

Stacks

The defensive performance of Juve in the 2nd half was the one I expected from the start - that's what a world class defense looks like, so you have to ask whether Kane is par with that to say he's 'the best' striker on the planet.

Still rate him extremely highly, but I'm not sure he's up there with the Lewa's of the world, yet.

World Cup will be defining.

They have different quality players supporting them. Modric Kroos, Benzema, Isco, Marcelo etc are perhaps better at finding Ronaldo and creating space for his runs. Yes Spurs won the group but as we see Real are finding their CL form now.

Utdstar01

They have different quality players supporting them. Modric Kroos, Benzema, Isco, Marcelo etc are perhaps better at finding Ronaldo and creating space for his runs. Yes Spurs won the group but as we see Real are finding their CL form now.
Think he's the odd one out. Certainly still a decent player but he's been just 'decent' for quite a while now.

Schneckerl

Now is the time to say something negative about him because his team got eliminated right?

Stacks

The reality is that Kane is still the apprentice whilst Ronaldo is simply the master. we predicted this a while back that Ron will come alive and steal the knock out phases.

Robbie Boy

Masterclass of a defensive display from Juve kept him quiet tonight, especially second half.

Schneckerl

A team can lose and a player still look like a superstar, so no.
I'm hinting on the fact that every time a team loses their players' threads get bumped and really smart people claim how they always knew player X is extremely overrated and got exposed today.

El Pasillo

People? Who are these people? I'm pretty sure most would expect him to replace Benzema at Madrid.
This, Kane is not gonna replace Ronaldo. But Benzema.
Kane is argubaly the best striker in the world, but he would be a terrible fit at RM unless if he becomes the main man instead of Cristiano Ronaldo...

Otherwise, it would just be a new Morata situation.

Think he's the odd one out. Certainly still a decent player but he's been just 'decent' for quite a while now.
Wait, what?

Benzema is still a phenomenal player who fits perfectly in Madrid's system as a F9 and is also a proven winner.

Calling him a "decent player" is one of the biggest understatements of this year.

Last edited:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I'm hinting on the fact that every time a team loses their players' threads get bumped and really smart people claim how they always knew player X is extremely overrated and got exposed today.
Exactly one of the most annoying parts of this forum.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
But it was talked about how defining this game was before a ball was even kicked, so I don't get it.

If a player is deemed literally the best in the world in his position, it's against world class opposition that it shows. There's no doubting Kane is up there, but to be at the very top, you come alive in games like this, imo. Chiellini is a world class CB, that's not what we have in the PL... it's then hard to say a player is the very best until he faces the Chiellini's, Godin's and other CB's of that calibre.

Rajma

He sometimes is too nice, in dying moments like these you want some bite from your best striker, and cnuts to play against like Aguero, Costa, Suarez, Mandzukic, Lewandowski, Neymar are the ones who come out on top, Ronaldo has it in him too that villian or fighter spirit.

Kane is simply phenomenal number 9 and should be thinking of moving somewhere else.

Mihai92

Imagine the reactions in here If Lukaku would have had the performance Kane had tonight ...:rolleyes:

Eddy_JukeZ

He should move elsewhere.

But I'm not sure where. I don't think him and Ronaldo would work together. You need a more selfless striker to go with Ronaldo.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

He said that just in February. Would be surprised if after saying all that he just ditches them this summer before they move to their new stadium. The meltdown from Spurs fans would be amazing.
I just think that Real will want him now (this Summer), and I think he'll go.

If not this, then January or next Summer.

The reality is that hanging onto Kane has become like a trophy to Spurs' (bit like Arse with 4th), and he's bigger than the club.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Was unlucky not to score. Was clearly a handful and lack of a goal shouldn't diminish his current status. Needs to get regular games at this level to get used to the pressure.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He had an ok game, it's not easy to play against this Juve team.

Kane will stay imo, Spurs will get CL football and they proved they can compete with the top teams. Madrid's the only possible place for him to go and I'm not sure they'll be willing to pay the amount of money he'd cost especially now that they got past PSG. Zidane will probably stay and he loves Benzema.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Will get his big move eventually but he's quite young (25 next season), he can give them couple of seasons more before moving to an elite club.

Also, as great as he is (imo world's best #9) he cannot replace Ronaldo at Madrid, don't think people quite realize things Ronaldo does for them on a consistent basis.

Revan

Assumptionman
Will get his big move eventually but he's quite young (25 next season), he can give them couple of seasons more before moving to an elite club.

Also, as great as he is (imo world's best #9) he cannot replace Ronaldo at Madrid, don't think people quite realize things Ronaldo does for them on a consistent basis.
It depends on what are his ambitions. He can give them a couple of seasons and win nothing, or join some big club which usually win trophies and get his salary tripled.

Utdstar01

Kane is argubaly the best striker in the world, but he would be a terrible fit at RM unless if he becomes the main man instead of Cristiano Ronaldo...

Otherwise, it would just be a new Morata situation.

Wait, what?

Benzema is still a phenomenal player who fits perfectly in Madrid's system as a F9 and is also a proven winner.

Calling him a "decent player" is one of the biggest understatements of this year.
He was once a phenomenal player. He hasn't been for a good couple of years though IMO, think a lot on here will agree.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Not on the same level as Suarez, Lewandoski and even Higuain is more dangerous against wc defences. Just talking about pure strikers.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
But it was talked about how defining this game was before a ball was even kicked, so I don't get it.

If a player is deemed literally the best in the world in his position, it's against world class opposition that it shows. There's no doubting Kane is up there, but to be at the very top, you come alive in games like this, imo. Chiellini is a world class CB, that's not what we have in the PL... it's then hard to say a player is the very best until he faces the Chiellini's, Godin's and other CB's of that calibre.
I agree that he doesn't face elite defenders in the Premier League and I think he should be very disappointed at missing their two big chances. But come on. He's scored 7 goals in 13 games against Juve, Madrid, Dortmund, Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City. The only team he's played twice that he hasn't scored against is Madrid. And the majority of those goals were decisive. He's doing better than most top strikers against top teams, in a team that is clearly a level below the best.

There are loads of times the best striker in the world failed to score in one leg of a game against an elite defensive team. To suggest it even partially invalidates the claim is really reaching.

Not on the same level as Suarez, Lewandoski and even Higuain is more dangerous against wc defences. Just talking about pure strikers.
You must be joking. This season Higuain failed to score in the super cup, both legs of the Barcelona games, and scored against just one of the top 4 in the league. Last season he scored in just 1 of the 7 knockout games he played. So you must be entirely basing your judgement on the fact he scored 3 goals over these two legs. Because otherwise he's been worse than the average and much worse than Kane at making decisive contributions against the top teams in recent years. Before then he was considered a laughing stock in these games.

Last edited:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I agree that he doesn't face elite defenders in the Premier League and I think he should be very disappointed at missing their two big chances. But come on. He's scored 7 goals in 13 games against Juve, Madrid, Dortmund, Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Chelsea. The only team he's played twice that he hasn't scored against is Madrid. And the majority of those goals were decisive. He's doing better than most top strikers against top teams, in a team that is clearly a level below the best.

There are loads of times the best striker in the world failed to score in one leg of a game against an elite defensive team. To suggest it even partially invalidates the claim is really reaching.
Preach

Classical Mechanic

He scored against Juve and had a ball cleared off the line tonight. He held up the ball against their defence excellently for 60 minutes tonight. In the first half he put Chiellini on his arse and nearly scored. For most of the two legs Chiellini looked dreck. He only looked good when Juve were able to put everyone behind the ball.

Did you even watch these two games?

kidbob

A different situation of course but you can find Ronaldo quotes about staying with us right up until his departure to Madrid. I expect Kane to give them one more year and then look at his options but I wouldn't be surprised if he is tempted by a bid from the likes of Madrid this year.

El Pasillo

He was once a phenomenal player. He hasn't been for a good couple of years though IMO, think a lot on here will agree.
And Benzema is still a phenomenal player who does a lots of great contributions for Madrid's overall play and gets involved for many of their goals. His goalscoring form this season might be a bit poor, but it doesn't make him utter crap tho.

Benzema is a very underrated player who gets overlooked usually on RedCafe, so I wouldn't take their words...

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

The reality is that Kane is still the apprentice whilst Ronaldo is simply the master. we predicted this a while back that Ron will come alive and steal the knock out phases.
This, Kane is not gonna replace Ronaldo. But Benzema.
Predictable. Let’s see if he manage to produce in the WC before making a judgement regarding talks about best strike in the world. Very very good player but so far his international numbers doesn’t justify a “world class” tag line.