Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Dr Baltar

Someone needs to remind him that he's a big ugly target man. He drops in far too much when they already have loads of players off the front & it leaves them with no striker.
Zlatan is a great player but he's under no illusions...he's a target man, he stays central, holds the ball up & looks to get on the end of crosses.
Kane thinks he's more than that when he's not & doesn't need to be.

Rossa

Well fair enough - we obviously have different opinions. That's football. I just got frustrated that multiple times the only thing I had not made any comment on (if he was boring or not) was the one thing being thrown back at me.
Well, then we can agree to disagree ;)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Someone needs to remind him that he's a big ugly target man. He drops in far too much when they already have loads of players off the front & it leaves them with no striker.
Zlatan is a great player but he's under no illusions...he's a target man, he stays central, holds the ball up & looks to get on the end of crosses.
Kane thinks he's more than that when he's not & doesn't need to be.
I guess that's Pochettino's job.

Bwuk

Spurs rely far too heavily on him. Needs support.

criticalanalysis

Put Kane in our current team and we would be more of an offensive threat i.e possible more goals from him/other players.

And before my words are twisted, no he isn't a better player than Zlatan but his attributes and playing style would blend well.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
I responded to all the other things as well. I think he is bang average in pretty much anything except being in the right place at the right time and hitting the back of the net. I don't think he is anything more than an average passer or has more than average technique.
That's terrible for a CF.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Had to check transfermarkt, they beat us 3:0 and it was Alderweireld, Cuntalli and Lamella who scored.
I genuinely forgot all about the existance of Lamela - must be injured I guess?

Kane has already proven himself at Premier League level - the monstrous media over-hype shouldn't really reflect any worse on the player himself. He's sort of like Bale in that I think he scored like one goal against us in the all the games he played against us, but he was still a decent enough player overall :smirk:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Games can pass any forward by, I've seen games that have even passed by Messi.

Kane will have plenty more days like today in his career but it won't stop him hitting a couple of hundred PL goals.
What now?
You think Harry Kane is going to score 200 PL goals?

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
What now?
You think Harry Kane is going to score 200 PL goals?
Yep I definitely do, he won't beat Shearer but I reckon he'll get 200.

I think he currently has 56 from 80 odd starts, is 23 so I would say another 10 or 11 years after this season for at most another 144. If he can nick another 10 this season then 10 years averaging 13 a season.

Pretty confident he'll get there.

RooneyLegend

He dropped deep cause he felt he wasn't seeing enough of the ball but honestly there's no sight in football I hate more than a striker strolling around in midfield. Their ball retention and passing is often mediocre which leads to losing the ball in all the wrong areas. Plus even if they drop in there and a move develops, then there's no one ready take advantage of the move.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Some of the criticism levied at him is too harsh, he has produced goods in big games on a regular basis with us being an exception. You might find him boring but one bad match doesn't take away his incredible scoring form which stretches over two seasons. I kinda like these type of strikers who have incredible attacking position and score lots of goals, like Mario Gomez for example. Their goals are needed to dispatch most of the sides in the league.

Djemba-Djemba

I still like him and think he's a really good striker.

He's never played well against us though so that maybe clouds some people's judgement against him. I think it's now 3 seasons in a row he's been completely anonymous at Old Trafford.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He needs some quality wide players around him and give him some space and crosses to feed on. Spurs are so stodgy this season and so central.. Teams have wised up to it and they look awful going forwards by their standards.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He needs some quality wide players around him and give him some space and crosses to feed on. Spurs are so stodgy this season and so central.. Teams have wised up to it and they look awful going forwards by their standards.
Their width come from Rose and Walker who are both very good fullbacks. Problem is it's too simple to pin them back by having good wingers who'll threaten them at the other end.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Their width come from Rose and Walker who are both very good fullbacks. Problem is it's too simple to pin them back by having good wingers who'll threaten them at the other end.
Not to mention their wingers were easily dealt with by the fullbacks, without the need for wingers to double up. Barring when Sissoko came on, but he's really not much of a proper threat.

Irrational.

The lad's got so much potential and is a tremendous finisher.

Shame he's going to stagnate at Spurs. He's stupid for signing such a long deal under that urchin Levy.

Classical Mechanic

There is a total lack of flair and creativity in the Spurs team. Erikson is decent but that is about it. They are very dull to watch. I wonder how good Kane would be with some world class creative players around him.

Bwuk

He's just smashed someone's back window with that pen

arthurka

Thought the pen was harsh and that red card was something else.. I guess that penalty was quite fitting...

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Harsh, actually, the pitch shouldn't move the freaking ball away when you put your leg next to it. But still, quite funny :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's a lot more Shearer than Henry and he'll never come close to either of them but he's a very good player and will certainly be a 20+ goal a season striker for years to come.

Treble

How many did Aguero score in the first 100?

Costa is doing better than all of them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a lot more Shearer than Henry and he'll never come close to either of them but he's a very good player and will certainly be a 20+ goal a season striker for years to come.
Might not come close to Henry but to early too say about Shearer.
It's funny how I rate him so highly now. In his break through season, I often ignored him and put it down to a purple patch. It was during his lean spell at the start of last season, hat I started watching him and realised he was a top player.
He's miles and miles ahead of Lukaku.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kane's not even close to the top, is he?

Shearer had 79, Ruud had 68, Cole and Torres 63, Fowler and Suarez 62. Think Aguero has more too.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Talksport has Henry at 7th.
They have;
Shearer - 79
RVN - 68
Cole & Torres - 63
Fowler & Suarez - 63

That was a few years ago, Aguero was on 64 after 99 back then.

cyberman

No side with Kane in it will ever play fantastic, expansive footall but he will score you goals.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Shearer (79)
RVN (68)
Aguero (64)
Cole & Torres (63)
Fowler & Suarez (62)
Henry & Kane (59)