Harry Kane MBE | Performances

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's a feeling is all. David Beckham had effigies of him burnt by mobs. He had a dummy with his jersey on around a noose. I wonder how poor ol' Harry will deal with that kind of treatment if ever he had the misfortune of undergoing it. Football players getting offended by tweets... Jesus. What's the world come to.
To be fair what Beckham went through was disgraceful and the media and perhaps the public in the UK need to take a look at themselves in reacting to things that happen in football in that way. Harry comes out of this looking pretty bad however I think he had a valid point - though poorly said - about the way in which the media, the public, etc. can go way over the top at times. At least that is what I think he was trying to say.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Can we all take a moment to reflect on how we’ve all bullied poor little wittle harry
The way the you lot have treated poor 'arry is quite frankly disgusting. You've acted like untamed animals and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. The rest of us kind-hearted treehuggers are looking down our noses at you.

I blame the abolishment of corporal punishment myself.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The way the you lot have treated poor 'arry is quite frankly disgusting. You've acted like untamed animals and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. The rest of us kind-hearted treehuggers are looking down our noses at you.

I blame the abolishment of corporal punishment myself.
What a glorious name. Corporal P. Myself.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Criticizing doesn't equal bullying, which is what is happening to Kane. He is being mocked by people who are likely going to support him when he puts on the England shirt, but also official organizations that are part of English football. Mocking and making fun of someone is bullying like it not, no matter if "celebrity culture" embraced that sort of behavior and in some sick way made it acceptable, because of ones fame.

If Kane was being criticized for his bad performances in an Spurs/England shirt that would be completely acceptable, every nation criticizes performances, but they don't mock their own players.

Ronaldo was jeered off after a game, and the whole Brazilian team was under a watchful eye, but their FA didn't mock him or anyone before the World Cup.

I am Spurs fan and I know if Kane has a good or bad tournament he will be back for next season and continue to do his thing, but I just find it mindboggling how a nation can just roll with trashing and trolling their best player before a WC, where does one see the benefit in that.

Mocking is a form of bullying and bullying is a form of abuse.
So you're going to seriously sit there and defend the idea that no other player, in the history of football, has been mocked by fans and fellow professionals? Were you born after fat Ronaldo was called fat Ronaldo, or have you just convinced yourself it didn't happen in his own country because you haven't bothered to look? That's something that was evidently much more personal and pointed than anything Kane has had to deal with. And yet it doesn't compare to something like this:

"I've been harassed while in a car, punched in face, heard monkey chants," Onyewu says matter-of-factly. Onyewu has played in France and Belgium the last four years but says this is the first season he has experienced such overt racism.

Onyewu, who is from Olney, Md., says in March he was leaving a rival team's game with a few friends when he was spotted by some fans of Club Brugge, a league opponent.

"They were shaking the car, they spit on the car, they were throwing food, kicking the car, punching the car, all that stuff," says Onyewu, who believes the incident was racially motivated. Part of the bumper of his Chrysler 300 was ripped off, he says. "I was too angry to be scared. My friends wouldn't let me get out of the car because they thought the fans would hurt me."

Onyewu says when his team played in April at a rival's stadium where fans sit near the field, he was punched in the face — during the game. "I was going to throw the ball in, and some fans started doing monkey chants and I made a gesture like, 'Whatever.' And a guy reached over and punched me in the mouth." Onyewu says the fan was suspended and fined.

"You just ignore it, because whenever you react, that provokes them to do it more," says Onyewu, 24. "I know it's not the majority, it's a minority of people. ... I can't tell you why it started or why it still exists. I just know it exists in Italy, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Spain ... you name it."
And this is just looking at a couple of things from the last decade, in the English language. If you really want to get a broader context of what Kane's going through, you can look at things like this. That is what hate really is. Describing this as hate when placed in that context is really embarrassing.

Kane is right that there's an issue with the current climate, but the sad truth is you and he are the best example of that issue. Total ignorance of what other people go through is what leads to people getting upset about incredibly minor things.

JPRouve

Scout
@Brwned You are losing your time here, this something totally normal in France. I hope that it's not against the rules.

Akshay

Staff
To be fair what Beckham went through was disgraceful and the media and perhaps the public in the UK need to take a look at themselves in reacting to things that happen in football in that way. Harry comes out of this looking pretty bad however I think he had a valid point - though poorly said - about the way in which the media, the public, etc. can go way over the top at times. At least that is what I think he was trying to say.
It was, honestly not something I'd expect from a nation like the UK. The gutter press and their readership ought to have a look at themselves, but I doubt they're capable of it. The problem with Kane's argument is that he's trying to make that point in reference to his own case, which is where it breaks down.

MoskvaRed

It was, honestly not something I'd expect from a nation like the UK. The gutter press and their readership ought to have a look at themselves, but I doubt they're capable of it. The problem with Kane's argument is that he's trying to make that point in reference to his own case, which is where it breaks down.
The Beckham situation would not happen again as there is no sense of expectation around the England team anymore for the gutter press to exploit. Also, he was the flash pretty boy married to the Spice Girl who played for the biggest, dominant and most hated club in the country. It was easy (if despicable) to whip up that hate campaign. No one really cares about Kane or Spurs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Came back way too early from his injury.

Standby for another poor tournament from a key England player, dosen't look in any sort of shape atm.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He scores even when he's shite. Dream striker tbh.

Chipper

Adulterer.
@Brwned You are losing your time here, this something totally normal in France. I hope that it's not against the rules.

That reminds me a bit of Special One TV with the puppets. Mostly centred around Mourinho and Sven with Wenger supposedly on the phone but players got the piss taken out of them and there was the Rooney puppet too.

Before that Spitting Image had a Cantona puppet that would violently attack all the other puppets.

Raru9

28 goals this season in the PL, only a goal away of his 29 goals last season, even with the month out by injury.

Only the excellent year of Salah avoid a third PL Golden Shoe to Harry, not happen since Shearer and Henry.

Last edited by a moderator:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
28 goals this season in the PL, only a goal away of his 29 goals last season, even with the month out by injury.

Only the excellent year of Salah avoid a third PL Golden Shoe to Harry, not happen since Shearer and Henry.
One less league goal (with a game yet to play) compared to last season, but 4 more goals (39 in total) in all competitions compared to last season.

JPRouve

Scout
One less league goal (with a game yet to play) compared to last season, but 4 more goals (39 in total) in all competitions compared to last season.
Do you think that it would be a good idea to sign someone like Malcolm and use Kane in a role closer to the one played by Benzema? I feel that Kane has more than goals in his game.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Do you think that it would be a good idea to sign someone like Malcolm and use Kane in a role closer to the one played by Benzema? I feel that Kane has more than goals in his game.
Not sure ... I don't know enough about Malcom and Benzema to usefully comment.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So he can still win golden boot, 4 goals against Leicester and he wins it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol: Disrupts the dressing room by stealing a team mate’s goal and still comes second. Hope it was worth it Harry.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
:lol: Disrupts the dressing room by stealing a team mate’s goal and still comes second. Hope it was worth it Harry.
30 goals in the premiership is still a fantastic achievement. Salah had the season of his life and fair play to him he was incredible. Doesn't take away from Harry though, he is fantastic.

Acole9

Outstanding
Spurs have written to the FA to ask for Kane to receive a silver boot or both of Lamela's goals and Fuchs own goal.

James Peril

He is a great goalscorer - one could only dream of having such a striker but we don’t. Lukaku will never score a goal like his second today, just doesn’t have the skills or intelligence in the box.

Revan

Assumptionman
No golden boot for him. Someone should do something, I don't know, now with Brexit, ban Salah I guess, and give the golden boot to him. Weak mentality has England.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Brilliant player. The only stick neutrals want to beat him with is being greedy with taking credit for goals. Big meh, the man has 41 goals this season and is comfortably the best 9 in the world.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Brilliant player. The only stick neutrals want to beat him with is being greedy with taking credit for goals. Big meh, the man has 41 goals this season and is comfortably the best 9 in the world.
Indeed. And the general trajectory continues upwards. Goals in all competitions last 4 seasons:

31, 28, 35, 41.

Total: 135 ... and average of nearly 34 goals per season.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Ronaldo plays as a number 9 now, so no Kane is not. Lewandowski is also better.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Ronaldo plays as a number 9 now, so no Kane is not. Lewandowski is also better.
Despite not being at his best after the injury I think he's had a better season than Lewandovski from what I've seen. And as for Ronaldo, he doesn't often play as a conventional 9 who lead the line imo, but he is a better attacker than Kane is, and has had a fantastic second half of the season.