Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Massive gain for the dippers. Again.
We're well beyond that sort of talk mate. They wouldn't beat them either way.

But out til April is a HUGE blow for Tottenham! Huge!!

DoomSlayer

Mourinho will cry so much, you love to see it! (bad for Kane though, wouldn't wish an injury like that on any player)

Wayne's World

That's a nasty injury to get. Some players don't come back the same after that. Had a friend who did the same injury (He was playing Rugby though) and he had to give it up 6 months after surgery from the injury he could never stop the pain in his hamstring while he was playing.

El Zoido

It’s bad for England because he’ll come back early and not be fully fit for the Euros. We’d be better off with Vardy leading the line.

pascell

Harry Kane out until April, only start training after April.
Could this mean we have a better chance of top 4..
If you support Chelsea then yes, Spurs losing their main goal scoring threat for 1/4 of the season is a massive blow. If you support United then I wouldn't bother getting your hopes up mate, you'll only end up disappointed.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Kane isn’t all that anymore. Nowhere near what he was 2-3 years ago.

Wayne's World

I noticed that this season too, his work-rate isn't the same like it use to be when he could fashion out chances for himself and his teammates. Seems to be more static this season

I actually think Spurs wouldn't be foolish to sell him on this summer....he seems to get a bad injury every season and these injuries will take it's toil on you.

stu_1992

Massive blow for Spurs and potentially for England. I feel like every single tournament the star striker is rushed back from a big injury and isn't fit enough resulting in an underwhelming tournament.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Harry Kane out until April, only start training after April.
Could this mean we have a better chance of top 4..
Chelsea are the ones in the best shape with us having Maguire, McTominay, Pogba and others injured. Both United and Spurs need to sign someone this window, otherwise Chelsea are laughing.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
That's a big blow. I think Spurs have to buy a striker in this window now.

That is three out of the last four years that Kane has missed a very long stretch of the season. I wonder what his true market value really looks like given all these injuries. For a long time there has been this assumption that he is one of the most valuable properties in the game and that Spurs could realize a huge windfall by selling him one day. I don't think I would spend 100m on him at this point, let alone some of the really stratospheric valuations that have been attached to him in the past.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Horrible news for Kane and the club. We simply can't replace him. Son can do a job but he is nowhere near as good as Kane.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't think that is true, his injuries have hampered him a bit and he has missed a lot of football but his record is still excellent. 17 goals in 25 appearances so far this season. If that is him being not all that then I can live with it.

Rajma

When you see the kind of shit and effort he was putting against the likes of Brighton (playing left back and then sprinting forward in an injury time, etc.) under Jose for 90mins it’s no wonder he has done his hamstring. Told this would happen right after that game.

devil in me

Doesnt seem the same after the recent ankle injuries , I think this is another thats going to take its toll on him physically. We've probably seen his best years already.

marktan

From the Spurs games I've watched he's actually been very good. Works very hard and generally their best attacking player.

The problem with these injuries is that it seems like they'll be recurring. When you see him play, he twists his body a lot and bends into unnatural positions, that combined with a heavy upper body I think leads him more susceptible to injuries. A bit like Bale or Phil Jones. I think slimming down would actually help him.

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
Massive gain for the dippers. Again.
This is hilarious! Man's not even returning to training until April meaning he'll barely play again in the league this season. But sure, we are the big beneficiaries! :houllier: Spurs' top-4 rivals are the ones who really benefit. I think Utd's one of them?

Paul_Scholes18

Here goes Englands chances to win the EC and Spurs CL chances too.

Mourinho is going to start complaining and mess his stay up before that anyway though.

Zoo

Huge blow for Jose. Certainly bigger then it would have been for Poch.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
This is hilarious! Man's not even returning to training until April meaning he'll barely play again in the league this season. But sure, we are the big beneficiaries! :houllier: Spurs' top-4 rivals are the ones who really benefit. I think Utd's one of them?
It's hilarious that key players to the position keep getting injured just before you're due to play them, yes.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This is going to be very interesting in terms of the Euro squad. Obviously you'd expect him to still be in it as overall he is our best striker but if Vardy continues in his current form he could stake a massive claim to be starting in the summer.

Paul_Scholes18

It's hilarious that key players to the position keep getting injured just before you're due to play them, yes.
When did it happen before? Laporte was gone far earlier than when they played them. I think for us Pogba and Martial was still out too, but that was earlier. Leicester had everyone in that game too.
Which other team has lost a player just before they played them?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You have to wonder if this is the beginning of the end of Kane as a peak performer, especially so if he doesn't give that kind of injury the full attention it requires on recovery. You don't want gammy hamstrings, just ask Michael Owen or Ryan Giggs. Kane isn't, and hasn't ever been as pacey as those two, but opening up in a sprint, or bursting out of the traps absolutely requires your hamstrings to be in A1 condition, there's also the issue or turning suddenly with the ball on a sixpence, like Kane is wont to do.

This is one injury Kane, Jose and the medical staff better respect.

If he comes out of retirement.
If Kane is not fit, I’d bet he would come out of retirement. Like many players in their 30’s he doesn’t want to go on international breaks and sit on the bench getting a few mins here or there.

but if he was offered the no.9 at the Euros, im sure he would take it.

einstein

I personally think this is great for Tottenham. I believe Kane, being as good as he is, holds them back a bit when it comes to fluidity upfront. There is more movement upfront with Son and Lucas playing as front two. This Kane injury might be a blessing in disguise for Tottenham.

snowkarl

Shame, because they're way better without him. He's totally immobile and lethargic these days due to persistent injury problems. Son as their striker gives them a different level of fluent interplay between the forwards, higher work rate and a more consistent press.

Not sure Moura, Dele and Eriksen are as good as last year though.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I personally think this is great for Tottenham. I believe Kane, being as good as he is, holds them back a bit when it comes to fluidity upfront. There is more movement upfront with Son and Lucas playing as front two. This Kane injury might be a blessing in disguise for Tottenham.
Nope.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Shame, because they're way better without him. He's totally immobile and lethargic these days due to persistent injury problems. Son as their striker gives them a different level of fluent interplay between the forwards, higher work rate and a more consistent press.

Not sure Moura, Dele and Eriksen are as good as last year though.
Nope we arent.

redshaw

Good news for us if we can muster up a strong second half season but Chelsea seem to be out of reach once things even out. I doubt Spurs can keep up the results like they did maybe the time before last that Kane was out?