Harry Kane MBE | Performances

LoneStar

Doesn’t he always start slowly? I feel like for ages he struggled to get a goal in August. I wonder if he’s moved that along to this month after not turning up to preseason.
I think so too. I haven't watched any Spurs games, so not sure how he's been playing. But he's a slow starter, who came to the team much later this season. Let's wait and see his numbers by December.

Also their new manager might be a factor as well.

Jev

Just thinking about it, didn't Levy attempt the same thing with Eriksen? Pretty sure he wanted to leave the summer they lost the CL final. Spurs refused to sell, Eriksen then put in six months of underwhelming performances and they let him leave for Inter for lower fee the next January.

Same will happen with Kane I reckon.
They ended up getting 17 million for Eriksen. Could have gotten 60-80 if they'd sold him on the up.

SoCross

He's looked really poor since the Euros.
Are the English team suffering mentally from that Final loss? Or is it fatigue? From a United perspective, Maguire and Shaw have not been at their best. Any idea on how the rest of the squad are doing this season?

cyberman

That's a fault of his coaches not him.
He has done it for too long and under too many coaches for it to be their fault imo. Why would Poch suddenly ask him to drop deep when he had Dele and Eriksen in the side? Kane cannibalised their space, took away the out and through ball and killed their Spurs careers imo and he hasn’t stopped since.

Bearded One

A player like Kane is probably the only thing they're missing, I agree. Odd that they went for Grealish.

I'm less worried about us getting Haaland (who I think would leave in a couple of years anyway) than I am a holding midfielder. We have an absurd front line.
Indeed I agree with you that a holding midfielder is a bigger need than a striker but I was a bit carried away by the fact that Haaland takes them to clear champions league favorites. Not gonna lie, my wanting to get Haaland is to stop them rather than for our need. Priorities lie elsewhere particularly in midfield and a tactician that can put it all together in my humble opinion.

cyberman

Remember when Southgate had him taking corners?
I remember the game v Colombia when he was dropping so deep that he was taking the ball off the CBs and Sterling became England’s only out ball but since he can only chase a pass and not hold it up the Colombian defence nicked possession back time and time again.Their defence pushed up, outnumbered your midfield and bossed the entire second half plus extra time all thanks to Kane doing his Rooney impression.

Renegade

This is the Kane we would have seen if he had signed for us under Ole. This is why I’ve always been against signing him for 100m +

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We have dogde a bullet, he looks very slow glad we went for Ronnie instead.

RoyH1

Tottenham should have sold him and re-invested the money in an aging squad.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He has done it for too long and under too many coaches for it to be their fault imo. Why would Poch suddenly ask him to drop deep when he had Dele and Eriksen in the side? Kane cannibalised their space, took away the out and through ball and killed their Spurs careers imo and he hasn’t stopped since.
Alright let's stop being ridiculous :lol:

Dele's form went down way earlier. And Eriksen wasn't pulling up trees in Italy prior to the unfortunate incident

Classical Mechanic

Are the English team suffering mentally from that Final loss? Or is it fatigue? From a United perspective, Maguire and Shaw have not been at their best. Any idea on how the rest of the squad are doing this season?
There seems to be some sort of hangover. I don't think any England player has been near their best since the Euros. Obviously they had less recovery time and a few were carrying injuries but I think psychologically there may be some effect too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There seems to be some sort of hangover. I don't think any England player has been near their best since the Euros. Obviously they had less recovery time and a few were carrying injuries but I think psychologically there may be some effect too.
That's the point I was making about Qatar World cup last week. Guys had about 4-5 weeks off and still feeling impact of euros in some way.

Now imagine England losing SF of World cup or even final on penalties and they're then being asked to then play again 6 days later when the xmas schedule starts for premier league, won't happen imo. Will obviously be the same for other countries aswell. It would make more sense to have two week break straight after world cup but won't happen due to how financially important xmas schedule is for English football.

Irwin99

Rice has started the season really well, Saka has been decent, Walker seems to be ok. Maybe you could argue that Kane, Shaw, Maguire etc played more games due to European comps last season and it's accumulated fatigue issues (not sure how many games Saka or Walker played last season though)

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Phillips, Rice and Saka seems to be doing fine. Sterling and Sancho are not playing while Grealish has to adapt to a new environment. I think that while he's not been great he also has been a bit unlucky. On another day, yesterday he gets 2 goals and the game looks a lot different. I'm sure he will get back to it eventually but the realisation he f'ed up his big move is hitting him hard no matter the PR declarations he made.

romufc

Rice has started the season really well, Saka has been decent, Walker seems to be ok. Maybe you could argue that Kane, Shaw, Maguire etc played more games due to European comps last season and it's accumulated fatigue issues (not sure how many games Saka or Walker played last season though)
Walker has been quite suspect in games. Mount has been quite suspect for Chelsea, Tuchel left him out of the starting line up against City. Saka, scored yesterday but hasn't had the impact but was a bit part player for England. Phillips with Leeds hasn't had the best starts this season. Looks like there is a hangover from players.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Mason Mount has been off it this season too

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Alright let's stop being ridiculous :lol:

Dele's form went down way earlier. And Eriksen wasn't pulling up trees in Italy prior to the unfortunate incident
Eriksen was best Spurs player for years, Harry Kane was overlooked because of goals, and we are in an era where people is obsessed with statistics thanks to Cristiano and Messi goal output.But Eriksen was their best player for me.

Tyrion

Indeed I agree with you that a holding midfielder is a bigger need than a striker but I was a bit carried away by the fact that Haaland takes them to clear champions league favorites. Not gonna lie, my wanting to get Haaland is to stop them rather than for our need. Priorities lie elsewhere particularly in midfield and a tactician that can put it all together in my humble opinion.
That makes sense.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Jogging around collecting his pay waiting for January to roll around it seems..

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Just silenced the critics, who were questioning his form, with an HAT-TRICK against NŠ Mura

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Greatest Europa conference league player ever

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wonder if Conte is able to get the best out of him for a few months atleast -

Or he goes and buys another striker which makes Kane unhappy and then makes Levy unhappy or some sort of story line like that.

arnie_ni

Sterling can't even game a game for example. There is quite a few

Kaos

I don't buy that reasoning. As mentioned, players like Rice, Foden, Walker and Mount have been solid for their clubs this season.

For me the poorer performers have been grossly mismanaged by their clubs. Maguire and Shaw play under a clueless coach, and Kane has downed tools since being denied a move he desperately wanted in the summer.