Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Member 5225

:lol::houllier: @ people that don't rate him.

Quite simply - his stats speak for themselves. How many forwards come and play in the PL and fail (look at West Ham, Swansea, Stoke etc).

No coincidence that Spurs have been there or thereabouts ever since he's been on the scene.

He's young and added bonus of being British too...superb player tbh

DJRED97

Costa is twice the player Kane is. Even Lukaku is better than Kane ffs.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well, the guy loves the club and is still only 23. Could he get more cash somewhere else? Yeah but he appears settled at the club and believes we are progressing so he appears in no rush to leave. I'm very pleased about that and I hope he could turn out to be a 'one club man'.
He's trolling.

Top news for us.
By suggesting he's earning good money I'm trolling?

I just can't see why he'd sign a new contract so early into the old one and would imagine he'd seek some parity with other top club players rather than tie himself to poor money for 6 years.

Don't think that's a revolutionary idea.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's as good as Costa, Benzema and Sanchez. I probably should have said centre forward as opposed to striker but Messi and Neymar are totally different types of players.

The only out and out, lead the line centre forwards or strikers who are obviously better than him are Suarez, Aguero and Lewandowski.
He's not as good as Costa, who is pretty much in the same tier as Aguero, neither of whom are at the level of Suarez.

Costa had a bad year like everyone at Chelsea but has been superb at Chelsea the rest of the time and in 13/14 spearheaded Athletico to a league title beating out competition from Barca and Madrid.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really good for Spurs that they've got Kane and I think Lloris? On new deals given the way the season is going.
I doubt either would leave if they'd finished out of the champions league Iregardless, but it can only help knowing they're on long term deals.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's as good as Costa, Benzema and Sanchez. I probably should have said centre forward as opposed to striker but Messi and Neymar are totally different types of players.

The only out and out, lead the line centre forwards or strikers who are obviously better than him are Suarez, Aguero and Lewandowski.
Sorry but he is not as good as Costa.

Sanchez is a much much better footballer, whether he's a better striker.. possibly up for debate, but one could play for United, win us titles galore and the other would be decent (better than what we have) but not make us title contenders.

I prefer him to Benzema, but it is hard to judge Karim when he is constantly having to play the selfless support act.

Kane staying at Spurs is good news, he's a good player but right now I still don't think he's top top tier.

Hed Zitin

Those must be some heavy bonuses. 80k a week for a striker of his standing is a great deal. Kane could double that at any of the big clubs.

Robertd0803

*Groans loudly* all well lets move on then (assuming we were interested to begin with). That being said also a nice way for Spurs to make even more money if they do sell him.

Zoo

I think there are a few questions about just how good he can be. At the Euro's you could make a case for him being the worst player there, it can happen in tournaments but he really was atrocious and looked like a pub team player.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think there are a few questions about just how good he can be. At the Euro's you could make a case for him being the worst player there, it can happen in tournaments but he really was atrocious and looked like a pub team player.
Tournaments are a bit like that though, you often get bonafide world class players looking a little shite. I don't think Kane will ever be world class but I think he is a very, very good premier league striker.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good. Really don't want us to sign him, just don't think he is that good. But Him and Spurs work well for each other and get the best out of each other. Genuinely think he'd be a huge flop if he went anywhere, ignoring the crazy fee it would take. Of course, he is a very reliable goalscorer for Spurs... And his best qualities are probably the consistency he gets in getting a good connection with the ball when he strikes it (with either foot really), making him a very good finisher. Nothing else really stands out though for me. Like a lot of decent things, but if he went somewhere other then Spurs I think he'd look average. Like a Mario Gomez type thing. The guy scored like 40 goals twice in a row, but I never thought he was anything more then average.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A brilliant striker that Spurs are incredibly lucky to have tied down for so long.
Like how they were lucky that Bale signed a 4 year contract in May 2013 but left in the same summer?

Couch potato 82

Wow if so. Kane really must be as dumb as he sounds if so.
Haha! Multi millionaire gets to play for his boyhood club for "only" £5million per year. It's where he grew up and I'd imagine it's where his friends and family are.

You probably wouldn't be able to appreciate the importance of this given the amount of time you waste in here trying to wind people up.

Nice touch to mock the guys speech impediment by the way. Stay classy, friend!!

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
That long term contracts doesn't guarantee loyal players.
It can help ward off potential pursuers/make sure the club gets the best price for their player though.
I don't think anything guarantees loyalty in football.

TheReligion

Abusive
Haha! Multi millionaire gets to play for his boyhood club for "only" £5million per year. It's where he grew up and I'd imagine it's where his friends and family are.

You probably wouldn't be able to appreciate the importance of this given the amount of time you waste in here trying to wind people up.

Nice touch to mock the guys speech impediment by the way. Stay classy, friend!!
Didn't know he had a speech impediment. Just most Southerners sound dull as dishwater and daft as a brush.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
By suggesting he's earning good money I'm trolling?

I just can't see why he'd sign a new contract so early into the old one and would imagine he'd seek some parity with other top club players rather than tie himself to poor money for 6 years.

Don't think that's a revolutionary idea.
80k per week plus no doubt hefty bonuses is not exactly "poor money" for someone who only turned 23 four months ago, even if he could earn more money elsewhere.

I can think of three very good reasons why he's signed a new contract: 1) He immediately starts earning a lot more money than before; 2) he really likes being at Spurs and strongly identifies with the club; and 3) he likes living in London where all friends and family are.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
80k per week plus no doubt hefty bonuses is not exactly "poor money" for someone who only turned 23 four months ago, even if he could earn more money elsewhere.

I can think of three very good reasons why he's signed a new contract: 1) He immediately starts earning a lot more money than before; 2) he really likes being at Spurs and strongly identifies with the club; and 3) he likes living in London where all friends and family are.
If you are a local, young and rich like he is and expecting your first where else in the UK are you going to choose to live over in and around London?

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Like how they were lucky that Bale signed a 4 year contract in May 2013 but left in the same summer?
But to be fair it's unlikely that Real or Barca are going to come in for H, therefore this contract will carry more weight than Bale's.

We were never going to be able to hold onto Bale once Real declared he was their number one target, most of us accepted straight way that it was going to be a case of how much.

diarm

God that opinion resulted in a few replies!

I'm not sure where this idea that Diego Costa is that much better than Kane became scientific fact?

They've both had two full seasons at Spurs and Chelsea respectively and over those seasons, Kane has scored 31 and 28 goals while Costa has only managed 21 and 16, despite leading the line for the league winners one of those years.

Kane is 5 years younger than Costa who at 28 should be at his absolute peak as a striker, and the Englishman has the added advantage of being able to play football without being an absolute thug.

Sanchez is certainly the superior footballer, but as we saw in the match against us, he is never a striker or a centre forward. When forced into that role he can perform, but he suffers from that problem Rooney had with dropping deeper and deeper to find the ball, while neglecting his duties up top.

The idea that Lukaku, one of the most hot and cold running strikers I've ever watched, is better than Kane is laughable.

I'd have him about on par with Benzema. The Frenchman is a fine player and does an excellent job at Madrid, but I don't think he'd be any more prolific in a Spurs or England side than Kane is.

Aguero, Suarez and Lewandowski are clearly superior. Can understand how anyone could put someone like Costa in the same bracket as any of those.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yeah, but that deal is what got the 85m or whatever it was for Bale.

If Kane keeps up his goal scoring form over another season or 2, he'll obviously leave for a bigger club (I don't personally think Spurs will be offering him CL football again anytime soon), and that contract will ensure them another big fee.

It's smart business by Levy, and I'm sure with a contract of that length, there'll be buyout clauses/conditions that Kane and his agent would be mad not to put in.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Yeah, but that deal is what got the 85m or whatever it was for Bale.

If Kane keeps up his goal scoring form over another season or 2, he'll obviously leave for a bigger club (I don't personally think Spurs will be offering him CL football again anytime soon), and that contract will ensure them another big fee.

It's smart business by Levy, and I'm sure with a contract of that length, there'll be buyout clauses/conditions that Kane and his agent would be mad not to put in.
Levy has never put a buyout clause into a contract, I doubt he's starting now.