Harry Kane MBE | Performances

NinjaFletch

Kane has scored against lots of big teams - check the record - so levelling this charge is ridiculous.

In fact this thread has become ridiculous: it only takes a game or two for Kane not to score and all the knee-jerk comments come crawling out from the woodwork.
The point your replying to is sensible though, and in no way invalidates your post.

Strikers need service, and thats even more true in the big games. It's daft how divorced the idea of a good performance is from the reality of the game these days.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
He's inconsistent at best and a limited player at worst. He's not a top level striker and never will be. On days like today, if he played for us I'd be pulling my hair out watching him bumble around up front losing the ball.
Lol ... talk about clueless. If he doesn't score in any given game, he's suddenly "inconsistent" - never mind the recent hatrick and never mind his assist for Son's goal today.

Spurs 1-0 Middlesbrough

Peanut Butter

I used the search function but couldn't find a new thread.

Are there any Cafites that wouldn't take Kane? He's a very good player but I still don't get it. He's slow and predictable, tries shooting everytime rather than play in a team mate, I just don't get it? Maybe it's because I love the Thierry Henry type, pacey and tricky to defend against. I dunno - he still doesn't convince me.

Saying that, I haven't seen his goal scoring stats which are probably very impressive.

Seems a nice lad, happy for him.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Never get the feeling that he'll miss from the spot. A bit like Shearer in the past.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
He missed his previous one.
I know. I just don't expect him to miss. Shearer, Aguero, etc, all missed penalties, but whenever they stepped up you just assumed it was a goal.

Contrasted with someone like Rooney for example, who even at his prime never filled me with confidence when taking a penalty, despite being a better player than Kane.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I know. I just don't expect him to miss. Shearer, Aguero, etc, all missed penalties, but whenever they stepped up you just assumed it was a goal.
Shearer I'll give you but certainly not Aguero. His record from the spot isn't that good. Toure is a better example for city.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a little slow and I don't think he's anything above average technically but he scores a lot of goals.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Shearer I'll give you but certainly not Aguero. His record from the spot isn't that good. Toure is a better example for city.
Is it that bad? Always rated him in the same sort of bracket as Shearer (if not quite Le Tissier good).

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Never really thought he was that good. Ideal for Tottenham but doesn't have the technique or speed to play any higher.

Peanut Butter

Nah, I still don't get it with this guy.

Lovely finisher but that's it. Far better players around, Spurs can keep him.

Revan

Assumptionman
Goal scorer. And they're hard to come by. Him and Lukaku are excellent.
Kane is excellent but Lukaku is very limited IMO, and I doubt he will ever make it in a very big club (like perform on a high level for many years).

NoPace

Kane is excellent but Lukaku is very limited IMO, and I doubt he will ever make it in a very big club (like perform on a high level for many years).
I think they just need different systems. Kane is too slow to stretch defenses but good at everything else. Lukaku needs space in behind and is great on the counter but has a ways to go in other aspects.

Put Kane on Atletico Madrid and he'd probably struggle, but Lukaku would thrive there. Conversely, I think Kane would do well doing whatever Mandzukic does at Juve but Lukaku might struggle there.

wythyred

Another hatrick yesterday, He convinced me last season that he is the real deal. After banging them in again this one i think i know who i want to replace Zlatan.

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's good, but he's not 100m good, and that's what Levy would be starting at!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I dislike him and Ali just because the commentators all insist on saying their full names every time they mention them for some reason.

MUFC OK

Same story with Kane, decent striker and always performs well in London, I bet on a brace yesterday and won £25! Soon as he goes up north he doesnt perform - see every game away at Utd/Liverpool/City even middlesborough. Weird really..

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Another overrated player just the same as Dele Alli. Both decent premier league players but never going be the top top players consistently in a title winning team. They may have a good couple of seasons here and there but are still below the top level required to dominate the league.

Red Star One

Another overrated player just the same as Dele Alli. Both decent premier league players but never going be the top top players consistently in a title winning team. They may have a good couple of seasons here and there but are still below the top level required to dominate the league.
Very harsh on both of them IMO. Only in Premier League Kane (born in '93) scored 21 goals in 13/14, 25 in 14/15 and now 14 in 20 games of this season - these are not stats of a "decent Premier League player", he's one of the best strikers in the league. I definitely think he is good enough to be a starter in a title winning team - it won't be Spurs, be he would do just fine in United or Chelsea (personally I'd take Kane over Costa comfortably). Not a world class (yet?), wonderful goalscorer and a very good player.
Alli is a year older than Rashford and a year younger than Martial. In last two seasons he has 57 PL apps, 21 goals and 12 assists. Martial and Rashford combined got total of 22 goals and 11 assists. I dislike Spurs with passion, but looking at Dele's stats and game I have no doubt he is one of the best prospects in the league, he has everything to be the best English midfielder of his generation. Next summer (2018) he could be off to a top team, I think.

Last edited:

AXVnee7

Flat track bully? He does usually show up for the North London derby but he does also tend to falter in other big games.