Harry Kane MBE | Performances

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
Been shite all game but turns up with the late winner. Class.
Shite? He had a few attempts and was close with most of them. Just seemed like a matter of time.

I can see Kane getting the captain's armband next season and for him to lead the team out at the new stadium could be a massive privilege for him to stay.

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
Is he on track to break any goalscoring records? The premier league record surely, but he looks on track for a 50 goal season - has anyone done that in English football?
He broke some Premier League record. 50 goals is a big ask. Dixie Dean?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Is he on track to break any goalscoring records? The premier league record surely, but he looks on track for a 50 goal season - has anyone done that in English football?
He recently beat Shearer's record for most goasl in a calender year. As for this season I don't know, wouldn't rule it out though.

Just how many times has Kane bailed Spurs out this season. The guy is utterly relentless.

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
He recently beat Shearer's record for most goal in a calender year, as for this season I don't know. Wouldn't rule it out though.

Just how many times has Kane bailed Spurs out this season. The guy is utterly relentless.
Bailed out is in the same train of thought as Spurs being a one man team. Kane scores the goals because he's just too darn good at it. The team works hard though to create those chances.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He has a great hunger for goals. Never satisfied, always preying on another goal opportunity.

Number1

True elite player now, only player to surpass Messi and Ronaldo in the goal scoring department for a calendar year in years.

Scores even when not having the best of games.

Best striker in the world.

rosenthal

24 league goals now with 10 games to go - his best league season so far was the previous one when he got 29 (though with very few games, best ever Premier League goal ratio).
Best ever Premier League season are Alan Shearer and Andy Cole with 34 goals, though that was back when there were 42 games season, best with current number of games are Shearer, Ronaldo and Suarez with 31.
At Spurs Clive Allen scored 49 in all competitions (Kane's on 35) back in 1987, Jimmy Greaves had a 37 goals league season.
Safe to say it was different times back in the 20s, Dixie Dean once had a 60 goals league season (67 all competitions).

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
He'll get his dream move to United sooner or later, just needs to remain patient in the meantime.
Lol ... playing under Dourinho is more like his nightmare move.

Last edited:

Seij

24 league goals now with 10 games to go - his best league season so far was the previous one when he got 29 (though with very few games, best ever Premier League goal ratio).
Best ever Premier League season are Alan Shearer and Andy Cole with 34 goals, though that was back when there were 42 games season, best with current number of games are Shearer, Ronaldo and Suarez with 31.
At Spurs Clive Allen scored 49 in all competitions (Kane's on 35) back in 1987, Jimmy Greaves had a 37 goals league season.
Safe to say it was different times back in the 20s, Dixie Dean once had a 60 goals league season (67 all competitions).
I bet he'll easily break the 31 and may even break 34. He has a tendency to score nonstop during March/April each year from what I remember.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bailed out is in the same train of thought as Spurs being a one man team. Kane scores the goals because he's just too darn good at it. The team works hard though to create those chances.
Tottenham definitely are a 1 man team though

Note that's not the same as me saying they dont have other very good players because they clearly do

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

Note that's not the same as me saying they dont have other very good players because they clearly do
Your two sentences conflict with each other.

There is no such thing as a "one-man team" when that same team contains lots of very good players.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Because he scores goals we are a one man show? Do you watch many of our games? If anything yesterday the team put chance after chance for Harry and he managed to miss them all but the last one.

We have Son on 10 goals and Alli and Eriksen on 9.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Your two sentences conflict with each other.

There is no such thing as a "one-man team" when that same team contains lots of very good players.
No they dont hence why I added the note

Because he scores goals we are a one man show? Do you watch many of our games? If anything yesterday the team put chance after chance for Harry and he managed to miss them all but the last one.

We have Son on 10 goals and Alli and Eriksen on 9.
And Kane has how many? I'm guessing almost as many as all 3 put together.

All 3 of the support acts are very good players of course they are but Kane's in a league of his own when it comes to your side, it's not a negative per-say your reliance on Kane because I'm sure all supporters bar maybe Man City's would admit to rather having Kane in their side than not

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
No they dont hence why I added the note

And Kane has how many? I'm guessing almost as many as all 3 put together.

All 3 of the support acts are very good players of course they are but Kane's in a league of his own when it comes to your side, it's not a negative per-say your reliance on Kane because I'm sure all supporters bar maybe Man City's would admit to rather having Kane in their side than not
Calling a team "one-manned" isn't that much of a compliment, its backhanded at best. I mean if Lukaku had been scoring the same number, as many United fans predicted he would, would that make United a one man team. In my opinion a "one-man team" in football anyway is a term used when the rest of the team is shit and its one player doing everything by himself.

Redderp

Calling a team "one-manned" isn't that much of a compliment, its backhanded at best. I mean if Lukaku had been scoring the same number, as many United fans predicted he would, would that make United a one man team. In my opinion a "one-man team" in football anyway is a term used when the rest of the team is shit and its one player doing everything by himself.
I agree. It’s a team where one player is far better than his teammates and the team is shite when he isn’t playing. Spurs has shown that they still win games when Kane is out. When he was injured they still won games, with Son, Alli and Eriksen stepping up and scoring the goals. Kane is one of the world best strikers, but it’s not like Spurs fall apart and lose when he isn’t playing.

I would say something like Lewandowski with Poland is probably a better example of a “one-man team”. Or Eriksen with Denmark.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Meh, wasn't going to bite, but whatever.

Scoring the goals is one of many responsibilities in a team and Kane does this very well. But as an overall player you can't say he's miles ahead of Eriksen, Verthongen or Dembele for example, who are all great at fulfilling the responsibilities they are given.

Spurs vs Juve 2nd Leg

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Huge night for Kane.

Some of you state he's the best striker in the world; it's nights like tonight that go a long way to verifying such a notion. Just as Ronaldo and Messi step up in this competition, so too must he if he's going to be considered a truly elite player.

Very curious to see what he's able to do against a fuller-strengthed Juventus.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Huge night for Kane.

Some of you state he's the best striker in the world; it's nights like tonight that go a long way to verifying such a notion. Just as Ronaldo and Messi step up in this competition, so too must he if he's going to be considered a truly elite player.

I think Ken has already proved he can step up, but I agree it’s something he needs to keep on doing. I’m confident we will score and more than likely it will be Kane that gets it. He hasn’t been in the best form lately but still manages to get on the score sheet.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think Ken has already proved he can step up, but I agree it’s something he needs to keep on doing. I’m confident we will score and more than likely it will be Kane that gets it. He hasn’t been in the best form lately but still manages to get on the score sheet.
Doesn't need to score, per se, but he's got to look like he is a constant source of torment to a world class backline. Ronaldo leads the CL in showing how to get things done, and numerous others follow suit in stepping-up come the K.O. stages. If Kane is in that company, it's in game like this, where his contributions can make the difference, that he's got to show it.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Doesn't need to score, per se, but he's got to look like he is a constant source of torment to a world class backline. Ronaldo leads the CL in showing how to get things done, and numerous others follow suit in stepping-up come the K.O. stages. If Kane is in that company, it's in game like this, where his contributions can make the difference, that he's got to show it.
I think he will as he did in the away tie.

Classical Mechanic

Huge night for Kane.

He scored in the last game and has 9 goals and assists in 6 games in the CL so far.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He scored in the last game and has 9 goals and assists in 6 games in the CL so far.
And the onus is on keeping his team in the competition and carrying them further like the best players in the world are expected to do. Or at least go down with the ship fighting.

This is actually the time when the best prove themselves - when the pressure is on.

Classical Mechanic

And the onus is on keeping his team in the competition and carrying them further like the best players in the world are expected to do. Or at least go down with the ship fighting.

This is actually the time when the best prove themselves - when the pressure is on.
In fairness, it’s a little bit harder for him given that Spurs have far less resources and top players compared to other sides in the CL. They were in the group of death and won it, if they knock out Juve it will have been an incredible campaign for him already.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If Kane doesn't score tonight...then it doesn't matter he has already shown he is a world class striker. Let's not pull hairs for no reason.

haram

Apparently you have to score in every big game without consideration for the way your team mates might perform.

Robbie Boy

Yeah nah he's clearly one of the best in the business no matter what happens tonight and he's consistently performed against the bigger sides.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If Kane doesn't score tonight...then it doesn't matter he has already shown he is a world class striker. Let's not pull hairs for no reason.
I actually made a clear point of saying he doesn't have to score, but if he's the de facto best striker on the planet as some suggest, it's in games like tonight where everything is on the line, that he proves it.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He obviously won't stop being a world class striker if he suddenly has a bad game but it's nights like these where he can truly establish himself as one of the biggest players in the game and a contender for the biggest individual prices in Europe. He did it in the first leg and of course he'll have a lot of pressure on his shoulders to do it again, that's the result of being as good as he is.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Nights like tonight could cement his status as the best striker around. I really hope he can do it.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Nights like tonight could cement his status as the best striker around. I really hope he can do it.
I think it's night like this he wants, he has no fear, all the loans and failures of his youth have really built him up. Taking that second penalty against Liverpool to big brass balls.