Harry Kane MBE | Performances

cyberman

That's only one of them

Yeah but at the same time your qualifiers have been joke groups for a while now. If anything your friendlies have been more competitive than Slovakia at home etc.
Goes for all of your strikers over the last decade and a half

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Yeah but at the same time your qualifiers have been joke groups for a while now. If anything your friendlies have been more competitive than Slovakia at home etc.
Goes for all of your strikers over the last decade and a half
Weird clutch...

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
That's only one of them

Obviously Kane has a great record. But clearly it has become easier to boost your international goals tallies since (a) tournaments have been expanded to let in more cannon fodder and (b) Europe broke up into lots of small countries (the number almost doubling since 1990). Someone like Lineker who had to routinely play in tougher qualifying groups and tougher tournaments (8-team Euros, 24-team World Cups) would surely have shifted up their international haul by another 10-20 goals in the current environment.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
That's only one of them

Kane has 7 goals against teams that aren't group qualifier fodder.

I don't get why the twitter guy had to make a comment on Lineker when it was Alan Shearer he was referring to. Cheap way to score a "gotcha" I guess.

cyberman

Weird clutch...
Not really. Your games v France, Germany, Spain etc are a lot harder than the dross you get in group games so I cant see why qualifiers v friendlies really matters here.
Evem then Rooney only has 16 out of 52 in friendlies, your lot do take advantage of those groups!

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
He has now become the fastest player in Champion's League history to reach 20 CL goals.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
24 in 24 this season apparently for Club & Country

kidbob

Just awesome, I’m just glad he is one of our own.
Incredible player. Do you reckon that his loyalty will ever wane if you can't offer him the trophies he deserves? Or is he a one club man like Le Tissier, won't include Maldini, Giggs etc because much easier staying at a club winning every trophy available.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Incredible player. Do you reckon that his loyalty will ever wane if you can't offer him the trophies he deserves? Or is he a one club man like Le Tissier, won't include Maldini, Giggs etc because much easier staying at a club winning every trophy available.
I think Teddy, he will go at 28 or 29, if he does go. Just look at his reactions after the goal tonight.

kidbob

I think Teddy, he will go at 28 or 29, if he does go. Just look at his reactions after the goal tonight.
I always like seeing loyal players like that but obviously achievements come into it too. I mean the guy might go on to be England's best ever striker (Rooney was a 9.5 or whatever ;)) so it would be weird for him to not have the titles to show for it. Obviously Spurs could, potentially, provide that but do you reckon it'd be abroad if he had to leave or could you see the likes of City or Chelsea as a possibility too? If I had to guess I'd think one of Bayern, Barca or Madrid (it's always bloody Madrid!).

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I always like seeing loyal players like that but obviously achievements come into it too. I mean the guy might go on to be England's best ever striker (Rooney was a 9.5 or whatever ;)) so it would be weird for him to not have the titles to show for it. Obviously Spurs could, potentially, provide that but do you reckon it'd be abroad if he had to leave or could you see the likes of City or Chelsea as a possibility too? If I had to guess I'd think one of Bayern, Barca or Madrid (it's always bloody Madrid!).
He wouldn’t join Chelsea, City is probably the best shout. I can’t see him going abroad, i think Shearers record is important to him, also England honours.

BrownRecluse

Supports
Liverpool
He’s very talented but goes down much too easily. If he were a Dio song he would be Holy Diver. That said, I think he’s do well at City or Chelsea.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Wish we woulda moved heaven and earth for this guy when we probably were better positioned to do so. With Mou there now it seems unlikely he ll go anywhere for a while. Though Mou will probably get pissed off with Spurs' pay limitations.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Fastest player to 20 in CL competition. In a good but not great Spurs team is a great effort. Wasnt it last season he scored over 40% of Spurs goals? He is pretty much putting that team on his back and carrying them. I dont buy into the 'without Eriksen he isnt that great' argument. Provided he gets some service he smashes them in for the national team which i think puts that argument to bed.

26 and coming into his prime, be interesting to see if he stays at Spurs or like Eriksen, looks for a move for trophies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Fastest player to 20 in CL competition. In a good but not great Spurs team is a great effort. Wasnt it last season he scored over 40% of Spurs goals? He is pretty much putting that team on his back and carrying them. I dont buy into the 'without Eriksen he isnt that great' argument. Provided he gets some service he smashes them in for the national team which i think puts that argument to bed.

26 and coming into his prime, be interesting to see if he stays at Spurs or like Eriksen, looks for a move for trophies.
He will stay in the short term anyway. 28-29, for a striker of his ability and his ability to score and supply it’s amazing there has never been any team to make a solid bid for him. I think Jose’s recent comments backed that up.

prateik

Probably needs to leave.

Wasting his career at a club like Spurs.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's been really underwhelming in a lot of big games the last 2 years or so.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He didn't really get much of a sniff today, not really his fault. He's one of the best centre forwards in the world but if he has no service, he's not gonna take the ball past Rudiger, Tomori and Zouma.

DRM

Looks really sluggish this season, playing like a 30 year old who'd lost pace.

izec

Why does he think he’s a deep lying playmaker. Just stop it now. Get in the box...
otherwise he wouldnt see the ball. Drops deep to get on it and get involved. Jose's midfield is too defensive and uncreative. Eriksen, Winks and Lo Celso benched for Dier and Sissoko

Ludens the Red

otherwise he wouldnt see the ball. Drops deep to get on it and get involved. Jose's midfield is too defensive and uncreative. Eriksen, Winks and Lo Celso benched for Dier and Sissoko
He was doing it under Pochettino too. He does it too often now.

cyberman

Why does he think he’s a deep lying playmaker. Just stop it now. Get in the box...
Said it 18 months ago. Their drop in form has coincided with Kane doing his poor man Rooney impression.
Dele and Eriksen have fallen off a cliff over that period as well. Almost as if hes taking up the space Dele needs and has robbed Eriksen of a focal point to play off of.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it's a mix of this, and the injuries/motivational issues. Spurs are and have been in inertia for a little while, and Kane has been in and out of football with constant niggling injuries. He just looks like he's lacking that killer instinct and sharpness his game had 18-24 months ago. The lack of a cohesive Spurs unit is only exemplifying this.

I noticed ever since the World Cup, he's been playing in this strange, almost supplementary 9.5 position. I don't know if that's a personal want for him to become more involved in build-up, or if it's a tactical thing from the manager. Whilst he does have good technical ability for a striker, Harry Kane is blatantly at his best as close to the opposition goal as possible, taking as many shots as possible. Having the best finisher in the league taking fewer shots and fewer touches in the box isn't going to work well.

I am a big Kane fan, and do believe he's a fair bit better than Abludclartyang at his very best. Not sure he's shown his best in a while, though. And in the last 12 months, Auba has definitely better the better striker.
This was my post back in October and I fear the regression is only [gradually] continuing. He’s still a top tier player, but his flaws are becoming more prevalent and his strengths are slowly diminishing.

If we’re not careful he may end up falling into the Gerrard/Rooney/Lampard role where his name and status outweigh his actual ability, especially in an international standing (though he seems one of the few English players to be better for the NT than domestically, like, ever).

Supports
England
This was my post back in October and I fear the regression is only [gradually] continuing. He’s still a top tier player, but his flaws are becoming more prevalent and his strengths are slowly diminishing.

If we’re not careful he may end up falling into the Gerrard/Rooney/Lampard role where his name and status outweigh his actual ability, especially in an international standing (though he seems one of the few English players to be better for the NT than domestically, like, ever).
Do you watch every Spurs match? He's experiencing something of a renaissance under Jose. I'm not surprised because I suspected that Kane wasn't happy under Poch and may have even been involved with the sacking.

At the moment, he's covering more distance per game than he has in years and making contributions all over the pitch while doing so. For the first time in a long time, I feel confident in saying that the overwhelming majority of Kane's current problems at Spurs - whatever they are - are down to other people and not actually his fault.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

He's scored 16 goals for Spurs so far this season at the half-way point … compared to 24 last season. How is this continued regression?

DWelbz19

Gradual. He did nothing at all against Chelsea or United. 16 goals vs 24 is pretty much the definition of a player regressing, btw.

I’m not saying Harry Kane isn’t an elite forward - because he obviously is - but it’s hardly outlandish to suggest a player who got 17 PL goals last season and is on current track to get 20 this year after 30 and 29 the two seasons before is on a gradual decline.

DWelbz19

Do you watch every Spurs match? He's experiencing something of a renaissance under Jose. I'm not surprised because I suspected that Kane wasn't happy under Poch and may have even been involved with the sacking.

At the moment, he's covering more distance per game than he has in years and making contributions all over the pitch while doing so. For the first time in a long time, I feel confident in saying that the overwhelming majority of Kane's current problems at Spurs - whatever they are - are down to other people and not actually his fault.
He’s picked up a bit of form in the past few games so it’s easy to pick up my post, but I still stick by my points. I think once the wheels topple on Mourinho’s love train (which will happen soon) it’ll be another set-back.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Gradual. He did nothing at all against Chelsea or United. 16 goals vs 24 is pretty much the definition of a player regressing, btw.
You can still delete it and pretend that you never said it :lol: