Harry Kane MBE | Performances

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
How long does he left on his deal? My feeling is he'd force a move at end of season if Spurs didn't get top 4 (which looks far more likely now than 3 weeks ago) and win a trophy as he'll be 28 end of next season and currently won less than Shearer.

Of course if he has years left tougher to get him out of Spurs. Man. City need to do something as Aguero will be off soon anyway.

Stacks

Kane was always the best forward in the league along Kun at this best. Just injuries and broken up playing time made some forget. It's fine though as recency bias happens and Kane had absurdly high standards

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
In a strong position then unless he forces a move which dosen't seem in his character. Late 2022 will probably be the point at which he decides so another two years then.
Who knows, I think if we win something and show improvement he will stay, he clearly loves it at Spurs.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Remember in the summer when people said they wouldn't take him? :nervous:

mu4c_20le

They are lucky he doesn't seem too ambitious. Most players of his ability would have their agents looking for a move, but he seems too humble and down to earth to do that, especially when Levy keeps the club just on the brink of challenging every other year.

el3mel

Can't believe some here were already saying he's finished last season. One period in which he drops in form and he's immediately "past it". Caf in nutshell to be totally honest.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Can't believe some here were already saying he's finished last season. One period in which he drops in form and he's immediately "past it". Caf in nutshell to be totally honest.
He has been past it since his first season according to some, he was a one season wonder, then 2, then 3 then he moved to past it. :lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Never worry, we can just quote them all from last season and make them all look a bit foolish

Classical Mechanic

His stats so far this season are completely nuts.

12 goals and assists in 5 games in the PL which is an all time record after 5 games in.

In all comps he’s played 7(3) games and scored 10 goals and has 8 assists!

A goal or assist every 37 minutes, more than 2 goals and assists per game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a brilliant player, must be a dream player for any coach. Works his socks off, leads the line brilliantly, very good playmaker too.

Player of his quality should be winning trophies.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
What a brilliant player, must be a dream player for any coach. Works his socks off, leads the line brilliantly, very good playmaker too.

Player of his quality should be winning trophies.
He has been in phenomenal form, and also puts in a defensive shift, tracking back and blocking shots, clearing balls in the box. Spurs probably wish they could skip August every year, if Spurs do not win something this season he should be off.

Supports
England
I was having a conversation in his transfer thread, which understandably got closed, but it's more relevant here anyway:

How the hell does he do this? It's not just that alot of these are simply very good passes, it's that so many is simply perfect. It's insane how he not only has homing missile accuracy, but the pace he puts on the ball is so often abolutley spot on. It's not like he just picks the right angle or gets the curve of the pass right, but he manages to drop it in exactly the perfect spot and with the perfect speed. It's simply exquisit. I said this last season, if Kane was playing with Mane and Salah he'd take their games to another level. He'd absolutely smash the Prem League record for most assists in a season. Jose has Son and Kane playing alot more like how Klopp uses Firmino in the middle with Salah and Mane. If Bale has anything like his old pace still and plays 25 games (unlikely) Kane could break the assist record (held by Henrry)

Good post mate. Thanks for introducing me to this video. Yeah, he's a phenomenal passer and his vision is incredible.

Jamie Carragher recently described him as one of the best passers in the world while commentating in the heat of the moment. He later walked it back slightly, calling it hyperbole. But then he went away, thought about it some more and watched some more, and basically said "nah, I was right the first time, he's almost as good as KDB".

There's still some sort of weird taboo among some segments around acknowledging quite how good Kane is. I think he's one of the best footballers in the world in any position. Top 10 easily. Fantastic player. I long since ran out of superlatives to describe him.

Last edited:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Best player in the Prem right now.
Yep, up there with Lewa when talking about the best players right now. Form has been incredible, these stats say it all. Kane has 5 goals, 8 assists, 3 blocked shots, 7 clearances, and 9 tackles in 534mins, and absolutely tore up the Europa League group qualifiers. As Pep said, the Harry Kane team. If Bale can recapture even a little form, and there are definitely glimpses, the way he casually dribbled past both Burnley CB's for a one v one against the goaly he put wide. That front three will be one of the best in Europe.

archiebald

While his goalscoring record is impressive, I find that the quality of his hold-up play and passing is what stands out to me the most. Add those to his build and workrate, he's the type of player who could legitimately slot into any top side with minimal to no teething pains.

If there was a complaint to be a made, it's that he isn't one of the faster CFs around.

Untd55

I think you could drop him into midfield and he wouldn't look out of place; his passing is quality. A good way to be able to elongate his career.

It's impressive he is the fastest player to reach 20 goals in CL history.

I actually think he is better than Lewandowski. Put him in Bayern Munich and he will get 40 goals a season easily, plus he has the passing ability on top of it.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Is Kane's "MBE" real? What has he done?
Services to football. WC golden boot, captained team to a WC semi, 2 golden boots.

Shearer had an OBE (one up from MBE) in 2001 for something similar.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
111 off Shearers PL record. Looks on course to get 30+ this season if he doesn't pick up any injury. He'll definitely break that record if he doesn't pick up any more serious injuries.

Could end up being the all time PL and England record scorer I think. It's such a shame he hasn't been playing at someone like City, he could have probably got top 3 on the CL list too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not taking anything off of him but this is Jose's ideal and only type of striker he works with. Those 2 were always going to be a deadly combination together.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
111 off Shearers PL record. Looks on course to get 30+ this season if he doesn't pick up any injury. He'll definitely break that record if he doesn't pick up any more serious injuries.

Could end up being the all time PL and England record scorer I think. It's such a shame he hasn't been playing at someone like City, he could have probably got top 3 on the CL list too.
He would never play for the Chavs, loyal and wants to compete with Spurs. IF he leaves he will not be for a London Club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is Kane's "MBE" real? What has he done?
I think that stands for "massive bottlejob for England" in the world cup semi, when he missed a critical chance at 1-0, that he should have crossed over for a tap in, a 2-0 lead, and a chance of beating France for immortalitah.

catch me a fishy or two I expect

Untd55

Best striker in the world. Put him in Bayern's team and he'd get 40-50 goals, but he has far more to his game than just scoring.

Supports
England
Best striker in the world. Put him in Bayern's team and he'd get 50 goals, but he has far more to his game than just scoring.
I concur. He would break records every year in a better team.