Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Stacks

Watched the full game again and I'm speechless about Harry, vision, weight of pass, awareness I wouldn't swap him for anyone right now. False 9 at its very best!
There were some who claimed he could not play in this United team and would disrupt our style of play. He always was a complete striker. Glad he is reminding people that he is a special player

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Never thought I'd see this as a video title, but credit where it's due. Kane has an excellent pass on him.

Bobski

Fergie would have absolutely adored Kane, have to think he would have been the main target, the type of all round striker who presents so many options, and allows other to shine while also being a superb finisher and leader of a line.

Developing his all round game to help maximize the talents of others, love strikers who can do that.

Supports
England
Might be the best player in the world right now, incredible it took this level of performance for him to get due credit because aesthetic
Good post. I've often thought it somewhat alarming how easily people have historically dismissed Kane from that elite tier because of his appearance and football aesthetics. Essentially, he went underappreciated for many years just because he looks a bit gangly and awkward with a ball at his feet.

littleman

Good post. I've often thought it somewhat alarming how easily people have historically dismissed Kane from that elite tier because of his appearance and football aesthetics. Essentially, he went underappreciated for many years just because he looks a bit gangly and awkward with a ball at his feet.
I think the biggest reason he's underappreciated is because he chose to stay at Spurs.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
I think the biggest reason he's underappreciated is because he chose to stay at Spurs.
I think Lewandowski ripping Europe apart last season has something to do with it as well

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
If he wants to be recognised as the best in the world, he’ll need to elevate Spurs to European Champions, win a Premier League or join a club that’s capable of doing it.

I can’t see that happening.

He’s a phenomenal player though. To think when he was on loan at Leicester we played him centre mid and right wing seems crazy now.

Supports
England
Yeah, true enough. Since I'm a big fan of Kane and have no loyalty to any club, I'd love to see him go and tackle a new challenge at a serious contender. But I also respect his loyalty, which seems almost anachronistic in this day and age. And there's no doubt that if he does drag Spurs to major honours, he'll be held in far greater esteem than if he, say, went to City as Aguero's replacement and helped them dominate the league.

Supports
England
If he wants to be recognised as the best in the world, he’ll need to elevate Spurs to European Champions, win a Premier League or join a club that’s capable of doing it.

I can’t see that happening.

He’s a phenomenal player though. To think when he was on loan at Leicester we played him centre mid and right wing seems crazy now.
Good post. Pretty much agree with all of it. I'd never rule Kane out of dragging Spurs almost singlehandedly to some kind of silverware, but it would be unlikely to be a PL or CL title without a better team around him.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Has now scored 250 goals for club and country, including 100 home goals for Spurs, and is now Spurs' all-time top-scorer against Arsenal.

IMO, considering his all-round game - goals, assists, midfield play and defensive contributions - he is now the best player in the world.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Has now scored 250 goals for club and country, including 100 home goals for Spurs, and is now Spurs' all-time top-scorer against Arsenal.

IMO, considering his all-round game - goals, assists, midfield play and defensive contributions - he is now the best player in the world.
I wouldn't go that far, but he's definitely in the top 5.

Bobski

Way out in front for the individual awards right now.

He is at the stage of his career when he really needs to win something, 27, doesn't want to waste his prime, probably why he has bought so fully into the Mou style.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Said it on the match thread but quite interesting what will happen next few years at some of the top clubs:

Man. City- Aguero 32 years old

Bayern Munich- Lewandowski 32

Real Madrid- Benzema 33

Juventus- Ronaldo 36 in February

They can't all sign Kylian Mbappe so in normal times one of those would make serious play for Kane but next to impossible to get him out of Spurs now given they could very well win something this season and get top 4.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wait, people are only now giving him credit for something that was clear since his breakout season?

Kane has always been a fantastic passer. Best english player i've seen in my life, and it's not even a hard call despite rooney's undeniable greatness

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think anybody saw him becoming the player he is today. Though those writing him off last season are looking a bit foolish right now.
No??? How??? Am i the only one who saw him dismantle chelsea in that 5-3???

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wait, people are only now giving him credit for something that was clear since his breakout season?

Kane has always been a fantastic passer. Best english player i've seen in my life, and it's not even a hard call despite rooney's undeniable greatness
I agree, he has been underrated for years. He is the best English player for a generation or two i think.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

What? Rooney was a better player than Kane.

bsCallout

Best english player youve seen? That is laughable.

cyberman

What? Rooney was a better player than Kane.
People forget how good Rooney was. Could play any position across the attack and dictate play and score goals to boot. All from 16 years of age.
Wayne was a force of nature.

InfiniteBoredom

He was a better young player than Kane was but Rooney at 27 was not as good as Kane at 27. In my opinion.
At 27 Wayne Rooney lead us to a PL title and CL final, and season after scored 34 goals as a second striker.

That was as good as it got for him though, so Kane will probably surpassed him overall. But at age 25-27 Rooney was a one man attack for us.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Oh God now people are saying he is better than Rooney, let’s not go overboard, brilliant player but he needs to win trophies now to get to that level.

He was a better young player than Kane was but Rooney at 27 was not as good as Kane at 27. In my opinion.
even if that was true, then Rooney was a better player than Kane from 18-26.

Kane is a fantastic player, I really rate him. But he’s not in the same class as Rooney or Shearer - and that’s in no way insulting.

if Kane has a great Euros, like Rooney and Shearer did then I would reassess.

littleman

People forget how good Rooney was. Could play any position across the attack and dictate play and score goals to boot. All from 16 years of age.
Wayne was a force of nature.
Rooney is one of the best English players ever but he was NEVER one to dictate play, and certainly did not at 16. We don’t need to diminish other greats like Harry Kane to make Rooney look better.

cyberman

Rooney is one of the best English players ever but he was NEVER one to dictate play, and certainly did not at 16. We don’t need to diminish other greats like Harry Kane to make Rooney look better.
Of course Wayne did. He was a force of nature.
The man had no midfield behind him from 2010 onwards, had an aging Giggs and Chicharito up top and brought us a league title and CL final appearance.
Even our Scholes / Carrick midfield barrely got into the final third. Wayne was the fulcrum of those sides.

Edit 146 assists for us according to transfermarket compared to Kanes 42.
Behave.

thepolice123

Such a decisive and clinical player. That goal he scored was something you don’t expect our forwards to score. Top corner near post finish with his weak foot. I remember watching the Spurs amazon documentary and Jose was talking about transforming his game and making him one of the stars of football. It is all coming true right now.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
That is quite simply wrong. If there was one thing Rooney had above all other strikers of his era, it was his ability to dictate play through his ability to come and receive he ball deep and then play long range passes.

SambaBoy

He's an incredible player. Got everything you want as a CF. He could lose 1-2 attributes and still be considered as one of the best.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Harry Kane hits 250 career goals in fewer matches than Shearer, Aguero, Ronaldo and Rooney. Only Messi did it faster.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Kane & Son: only Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard have set up more goals for each other in Premier League history. Their record was 36 goals. Kane and Son are already on 31 and so will very likely surpass this before the season end to become the most lethal Premier League duo ever.

FattyFooty

Dude is so good at so many things it's just sick. I'll give you that. For now so far this year, he is the best in the world.

littleman

That is quite simply wrong. If there was one thing Rooney had above all other strikers of his era, it was his ability to dictate play through his ability to come and receive he ball deep and then play long range passes.
Receiving balls deep and playing long passes is NOT dictating play.

A player can be receiving balls in the final third and playing short balls and be dictating play.

This is awful basic football to go over

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Receiving balls deep and playing long passes is NOT dictating play.

A player can be receiving balls in the final third and playing short balls and be dictating play.

This is awful basic football to go over
I suggest you go over it again to be honest...

Idxomer

Looked a bit sluggish the last couple of games, Mourinho is obviously overplaying him.

Also, must've broken the record for falling to the ground today without being fouled.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Looked a bit sluggish the last couple of games, Mourinho is obviously overplaying him.

Also, must've broken the record for falling to the ground today without being fouled.
Does it every game. Tries to buy 10 fouls a game.