Harry Kane MBE | Performances

mu4c_20le

Harry Kane was a great Premier League striker, He started his career with Spurs back in 2009 and finished it in 2021.

acnumber9

He just floats around in games seemingly deciding if he fancies playing as a striker or a midfielder. They should’ve sold him.

GazTheLegend

He simply dosen't want to be there anymore. Will still be professional and score goals but can see that extra 10% isn't there this season.

When people were lauding Levy for his stance the reality is Spurs are still likely to finish 7th-8th and win nothing yet again and will just have to do rebuilding 12 months later.
This. Spurs should have taken the money, and Levy is a tight fisted moron who doesn't know when to twist instead of stick. You take the money for Kane and reinvest it while other teams are DESPERATELY offloading players, you don't keep a (getting older) injury prone player who will lose total interest - and value - the more the season wears on.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Spurs will regret not selling him this summer. City were willing to pay 150m for a player who looks like his best days are behind him. Foolish from Levy in my opinion.

el3mel

He's going to have a shit season and City won't return to him. Spurs will end up stuck with a player who doesn't want to be with them. Will be a shit ending that they deserved.

Redlyn

Why would anyone spend money on a professional sportsman that on purpose down his tools to sabotage his own club to force his will? When you’re stupid enough to sign a 6-year long contract at 25, with a club that doesn’t win trophies, you get what you deserve. Play your best and hope someone actually pays the ransom. It wont be easy next summer either with younger and hotter prospects moving for free or cheaper….
I don't think he is deliberately not playing. Players are human and just can't will themselves into form.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it’s just a case of him being pissed off they didn’t let him go. You only have to look at most of the best no.9s in football right now (less robot man) — Benzema, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Suarez, Ibra, Cavani etc. All doing extremely well in their mid 30s (grandpa age for Ibra). The cerebral peak of a forward seems to give them an additional lease of life.

Get him at a side where he actually wants to be at and I think he can still deliver. That being said, I don’t want it being here. :D

largelyworried

Think he’s in a bad place. Knows his big move has gone, maybe for good, and can’t get his head back to Spurs. He’ll score goals still, but he doesn’t look like he’s going to hit the heights again.

Halftrack

He announced that he wanted to leave in the spring, was certain he'd get his City move this summer, and is now bitterly disappointed and struggling to find the motivation to keep playing for Spurs.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Thought the record would have been all the motivation he needed to continue to perform this season but he's playing with the air of someone who thinks he should still get it even if he tanks this season.

Cloud7

Strong feeling City aren’t going to be back in for him next summer and he will end up staying at Spurs.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why was he playing so deep today? Looked lost out there.

Hulme91

Feels like I've seen the same stuff written about Harry Kane for years
He's finished, his best days are behind him, why is he still playing for England etc etc
And then he scores 30 plus and the noise goes away... Until the start of next season that is

Superunknown

That 7th place position that Spurs are in right now is very apt. You'd expect us, City, Chelsea, and Liverpool to all finish above them in those top four positions, with the likes of Leicester, Arsenal, Everton, Villa, West Ham around their current position, or fighting for 5th.

It's clear as day that the motivation for him has gone at Spurs. Realistically, the most that they can hope for is a cup trophy (like a very good FA Cup run or getting the League Cup...both of which are easier said than done, since the other big clubs want those trophies, too) or just sneaking into that top 4 spot. Even if he played out of his skin, they could and probably will still end up trophy-less this season.

I don't think he's deliberately not trying, but the spark has gone. If a player is already looking at the next Summer window while playing matches in September, that can't be a good thing. Positionally, I didn't see him in the places where you'd expect him to be and many football fans have already pointed out that he's dropping deeper and deeper. It all looks very unfocused.

Suedesi

He's a notoriously slow starter, I wouldn't write him off just yet.

That said, Levey should have sold him in the summer if the rumored bid of 130-140m came in

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You don't go from going on strike to 100% professional. They will regret not selling him.

Ace of Spades

Turning down 150m was just dumb. They could have bought replacements with that money and then still have money left to invest later.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's going to have a shit season and City won't return to him. Spurs will end up stuck with a player who doesn't want to be with them. Will be a shit ending that they deserved.
Beautifully said.

Highfather_24

This. Spurs should have taken the money, and Levy is a tight fisted moron who doesn't know when to twist instead of stick. You take the money for Kane and reinvest it while other teams are DESPERATELY offloading players, you don't keep a (getting older) injury prone player who will lose total interest - and value - the more the season wears on.
Yep, people were talking about Levy as if he got a big W, but he shot himself in the foot. He basically lost 30-40M in transfer fees, about 10M in wages, for a uninterest Kane for one season. Kane will get his move, will keep his England place, stroll around the pitch and collect his paycheck. For Levy it was nothing but a dick measuring contest. Its really funny to see as a rival though.

Highfather_24

Turning down 150m was just dumb. They could have bought replacements with that money and then still have money left to invest later.
City will definitely go for Haaland next season, but if they fail to get him, they will get Kane, and for a much cheaper price too. Wont be surprised if Liverpool/PSG/Real are in for him as well, basically anyone who fails to get Haaland.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He'll start scoring again sooner or later. His problem is and always has been that he offers very little when he isn't, and it always takes him time to get up to speed. Just drifts about the pitch throwing himself on the floor whenever he's breathed on and playing maybe 1 good pass a half.

I don't think it's anything new and he'll probably score enough this season to keep the criticism fairly at bay in the end, but it's why I think he'd struggle at an actual top club. At a team like United the fans are on your back if you coax through games being a lumbering oaf while out of form. It's what did for Lukaku at United and he's a much more useful player when he isn't scoring than Kane is.

I also don't like him and getting bored with commentators telling us how professional he has been. He literally gave a television interview with a Sky Sports pundit belittling his own club at the end of last season. I mean who does this? Imagine Pogba or Cavani doing this. You'd be raging. If I went to work tomorrow and started slagging off or belittling my employer to the most high profile people I could find, this would be the opposite of professional.

Then he went on strike and ended up missing training/games, then tried to lie through his teeth about it when it became apparent City weren't coughing up the money. He also does things to the detriment of his own team, like insist on shooting from every freekick despite being possibly the worst freekick taker football has ever seen.

In summary he'll still score goals but he's a complete twat

Blood Mage

A 36 year old Ronaldo is streets ahead of him right now. I can't tell if he's just demotivated or if he's past his peak already.

Nogbadthebad

He was absolutely crap for most of the euros too, before all this kicked off.

That performance today was pretty much his performance in every group game.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's still a top class player, but he's a perfect example of why you let players that clearly don't want to be at a club anymore leave. I'm glad they didn't let him go to City, though, didn't he score goals and set up the most goals in the league last season? Don't need that lot getting their hands on a player like that.

A 36 year old Ronaldo is streets ahead of him right now. I can't tell if he's just demotivated or if he's past his peak already.
Both, probably.

I got some stick over the summer for suggesting his ankle problems might have robbed him of his pace and if he can't run past people he would struggle. He will still get double figures this season but his best is well behind him.

I actually think that's a bigger factor than his failed move.

Cloud7

Both, probably.

I got some stick over the summer for suggesting his ankle problems might have robbed him of his pace and if he can't run past people he would struggle. He will still get double figures this season but his best is well behind him.

I said the same thing. Not necessarily his pace, because he’s never been rapid, but his mobility definitely looks affected, and mobility is more important to a striker than raw pace.

James Peril

People aren’t very forgiving at this place. This guy is mentally shot and most probably bitter as hell, of course it’s going to affect his performances. And what abou the fact that he’s playing in a dire team that was beaten by a much better team? Where is the criticism for Son who was equally shit today?

Kane will get better and score 15-20 goals as he always does, but it was incredibly stupid not to sell him. Spurs are struggling tremendously after covid losses and could have gotten a nice chunk for him, spent 80m on new players and pocketed the remaining for other stuff. Biggest mistake in Levy’s very unsuccessful career as chairman of a club that isn’t, and never will be, as big as he thinks they are.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Both, probably.

Not sure about that. That’s a tough thing to say at this stage. Time will tell of course.

Eddy_JukeZ

If Pogba did what he did in the summer and served up his performances thus far, the media wouldhave crucified him to no end.

He has been a disgrace. I don't think he'll have a good season at all.

Last edited:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Just going through the motions now by the looks of it, probably feels betrayed by his "gentlemen's agreement" with Levy not being honoured. But you cannot single Kane out here, Lo Celso and Son were both poor as well, Son probably not 100% tbf, Lo Celso had maybe one or two decent things he did then was anonymous for the other 99% of the time. Not to mention the tactics, why was Son through the centre and Kane on the left wing?

I agree it is why you let players go that want to go, their head is not in the right place.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If Pogba did what he did in the summer and served up his performances thus far, the media would crucified him to no end.

He has been a disgrace. I don't think he'll have a good season at all.
Yeah the England captain is the media darling.