Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Doesn’t he always start slowly? I feel like for ages he struggled to get a goal in August. I wonder if he’s moved that along to this month after not turning up to preseason.
Yeah but we’re nearly in October now and there’s no sign of that letting up :lol:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah but we’re nearly in October now and there’s no sign of that letting up :lol:
Yeah that’s what I mean with my post though, maybe having a tantrum and refusing to turn up to training has moved his calendar along a month

Classical Mechanic

I don't buy the narrative that he isn't trying. On another day he could've had a hat trick in that game. He put a header just wide in the first half, nearly scored a lovely goal in the second and was denied a pretty nailed on pen. If he wasn't trying he wouldn't have ran the entire length of the pitch to put block Saka's pass in his own box after losing the ball near Arsenal's box. Unfortunately for him the ball then fell kindly to Saka who scored. The idea that he's making the rest of the Spurs team play like crap is fanciful too. In two games this season Nuno has played him on the left wing and he's badly out of form but 'not trying' doesn't add up to me.

Jev

I don't think he's downed tools. He still seems to be running and working hard. He also can't afford to waste an entire season if he wants to catch Shearer which I imagine is a big motivation for him. Just lacking form after a summer that, in more than one way, was less than ideal preparation.

Tyrion

It's safe to say Man City dodged a bullet for not signing an almost 30 year old Kane.
But the pundits on Sky assured me that anyone who buys Kane will immediately win the league!

Seriously though if I hear Keane, Neville or Scholes explain that "Buy Kane" is their full plan for United winning the league, I'll scream.

Dante

Average bang
I did warn this would happen during the window.

I think the exact player situation I compared it to was Koulibaly at Napoli.

If only the respective chairmen has slightly lowered their demands, they'd be sitting on a pile of cash right now. Instead, they're both encumbered with erstwhile top players who never won anything and who are now past their peak with nowhere to go but down.

mu4c_20le

whatever happened to him?? :lol:
No idea but its crazy how he went from looking like a young Mane in the making to failing to find the net for like three years. He also made the mistake of playing games to force a move and pissing his club off.

BerryBerryShrew

If only the respective chairmen has slightly lowered their demands, they'd be sitting on a pile of cash right now. Instead, they're both encumbered with erstwhile top players who never won anything and who are now past their peak with nowhere to go but down.
I'm fairly sure that Koulibaly wasn't pushing for a move away and was more than happy to stay in Napoli though. In those circumstances it is understandable for a chairman to ask for an extortionate fee from any potential buyer.

CloneMC16

Absolutely awful. His performances for Spurs now are not really any different to how he played for England at the Euros. He was terrible for us there, too. Levy screwed up big time not selling him. I don't agree with people saying he's not trying. He is just playing very badly. I don't think many professional footballers go out and not try. They have pride.

Classical Mechanic

whatever happened to him?? :lol:
No idea but its crazy how he went from looking like a young Mane in the making to failing to find the net for like three years. He also made the mistake of playing games to force a move and pissing his club off.
at Sheffield Wednesday.
Had some off field issues and was partying a lot, think he failed a drug test for E. Glen Johnson said he was the worst professional he ever worked with and that his attitude stank.

mu4c_20le

I don't think he's downed tools. He still seems to be running and working hard. He also can't afford to waste an entire season if he wants to catch Shearer which I imagine is a big motivation for him. Just lacking form after a summer that, in more than one way, was less than ideal preparation.
I don't think he's missing on purpose but it's obvious the motivation isn't there anymore. Imagine almost playing for Pep, CL and guaranteed a trophy, to fecking Nuno and an even weaker Spurs squad.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The talk of catching Shearer is stupid, anyway. It's a fake record. Footballl existed before '92.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Absolutely awful. His performances for Spurs now are not really any different to how he played for England at the Euros. He was terrible for us there, too. Levy screwed up big time not selling him. I don't agree with people saying he's not trying. He is just playing very badly. I don't think many professional footballers go out and not try. They have pride.
I agree. I think he's dropped a level and not getting it back. I'm one of the few who always thought he was overrated, anyway.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Would that be the Napoli that could be top of the league if they win their game in hand??

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just thinking about it, didn't Levy attempt the same thing with Eriksen? Pretty sure he wanted to leave the summer they lost the CL final. Spurs refused to sell, Eriksen then put in six months of underwhelming performances and they let him leave for Inter for lower fee the next January.

Same will happen with Kane I reckon.

If Pogba did what he did in the summer and served up his performances thus far, the media wouldhave crucified him to no end.

He has been a disgrace. I don't think he'll have a good season at all.
It’s funny but when the transfer to City didn’t go through, all the pundits and journalist spouted the “he’s a model professional he won’t down tools” rubbish. All this despite him having a history of being petulant and rather egotistically fragile AND failing to turn up to training to try and force through the move.

I don’t think City’s interest was 100% he was an indispensable player to sign..Now my biggest concern is that in summer City completely lose interest and United sign him thinking he’ll make a difference.

Pep's Suit

I don't think City will go back for him. After all, they only made one offer 75+25 so it's not like he'd be the center of that team for next few years. I don't know.. personally I never liked him. He's a loser with zero personality and charisma and wouldn't help City in CL.

I don't think City will go back for him. After all, they only made one offer 75+25 so it's not like he'd be the center of that team for next few years. I don't know.. personally I never liked him. He's a loser with zero personality and charisma and wouldn't help City in CL.
Got a bad feeling United might sign him. Will be a major step backwards that most of the fan base won’t realise. He isn’t the player to take a team that’s 2nd/3rd to 1st. Good striker but nowhere near as good as the pundits and British media make out, hence why foreign clubs aren’t interested in him because they look beyond “ohh he finished top scorer”

Bearded One

But the pundits on Sky assured me that anyone who buys Kane will immediately win the league!

Seriously though if I hear Keane, Neville or Scholes explain that "Buy Kane" is their full plan for United winning the league, I'll scream.
The difference is that they have a better squad than we and Spurs do. If they had gotten Kane they would be scary tbh. The idea that Pep works better without strikes is not actually true. He can do with false nines alright but he ideally works with strikers who love to be involved in build up play not just target men just like he did with Lewandowski at Bayern. Kane would have been a very good buy for him because Kane embodies much of what I stated earlier.

I am now wary that instead of chasing Kane they would start to make advances at Haaland who needs to come here. I would be pleasantly surprised if they went for Kane in January, not like he would be gash but it gives us a freer run at getting Haaland.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't buy the narrative that he isn't trying. On another day he could've had a hat trick in that game. He put a header just wide in the first half, nearly scored a lovely goal in the second and was denied a pretty nailed on pen. If he wasn't trying he wouldn't have ran the entire length of the pitch to put block Saka's pass in his own box after losing the ball near Arsenal's box. Unfortunately for him the ball then fell kindly to Saka who scored. The idea that he's making the rest of the Spurs team play like crap is fanciful too. In two games this season Nuno has played him on the left wing and he's badly out of form but 'not trying' doesn't add up to me.
This

Just people mad the media aren't applying "the Pogba treatment" to Kane

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Is there ever one that has actually worked for a club in recent years? I think similar would’ve happened to Villa with Grealish. Palace and Zaha is a similar-ish scenario.
Would that be the Napoli that could be top of the league if they win their game in hand??
Hah, fair but I think the point he’s making is that Napoli could’ve genuinely got about 60-80m for Koulibaly at the time. They won’t get close to that were he to go now.

Superden

Hes been at the top of scoring and assist charts for a few seasons now and now i see the consensus on the caf is hes shit and always has been.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Is there ever one that has actually worked for a club in recent years? I think similar would’ve happened to Villa with Grealish. Palace and Zaha is a similar-ish scenario.

Hah, fair but I think the point he’s making is that Napoli could’ve genuinely got about 60-80m for Koulibaly at the time. They won’t get close to that were he to go now.
Fair point!!

OL29

This

Just people mad the media aren't applying "the Pogba treatment" to Kane
In all probability, cases of players intentionally downing tools are extremely rare, and it’s pretty insulting to a player’s professionalism to accuse them of it, but if you’re going to do it, you have to at least be consistent with it. Sky, and particularly Gary Neville’s reaction to Kane going on strike and subsequent performances contrast hugely to their treatment of not just Pogba, but N’Dombele, Tevez and plent of other non English players. So unless we see some consistency, people are bound to point it out. They’ve made rods for their own backs.

Tyrion

The difference is that they have a better squad than we and Spurs do. If they had gotten Kane they would be scary tbh. The idea that Pep works better without strikes is not actually true. He can do with false nines alright but he ideally works with strikers who love to be involved in build up play not just target men just like he did with Lewandowski at Bayern. Kane would have been a very good buy for him because Kane embodies much of what I stated earlier.

I am now wary that instead of chasing Kane they would start to make advances at Haaland who needs to come here. I would be pleasantly surprised if they went for Kane in January, not like he would be gash but it gives us a freer run at getting Haaland.
A player like Kane is probably the only thing they're missing, I agree. Odd that they went for Grealish.

I'm less worried about us getting Haaland (who I think would leave in a couple of years anyway) than I am a holding midfielder. We have an absurd front line.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
In all probability, cases of players intentionally downing tools are extremely rare, and it’s pretty insulting to a player’s professionalism to accuse them of it, but if you’re going to do it, you have to at least be consistent with it. Sky, and particularly Gary Neville’s reaction to Kane going on strike and subsequent performances contrast hugely to their treatment of not just Pogba, but N’Dombele, Tevez and plent of other non English players. So unless we see some consistency, people are bound to point it out. They’ve made rods for their own backs.
Fair enough and I appreciate the honesty. .

Someone

Something
He could be trying but still not in the right frame of mind. That was arguably his last chance at a big move, no one will fork that kind of money again next season.

Levy made a huge mistake.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Looks like his head insnt all there. Spurs shouldve sold him in the summer.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
My gut feeling is that Kane is so beloved for his 4 goals during the Euro's, then another during the WC qualifier on 2 Sept. All the media pundits couldn't imagine that he'd be this upset with Levy that he wouldn't put his best foot forward because 'he's such a professional'. Now, that it's becoming a bit more obvious that Kane's refusal to give 100% of himself to a club that he didn't want to be at, the pundits probably don't want to admit how wrong they were. I just don't buy it that his emotions are getting in the way, that he isn't doing it intentionally.

While watching the loss to Arsenal, I couldn't help but think that his unwillingness to get himself into positions that the rest of his side are used to from him has disjointed the entire team. One exception, Son appears to be trying like hell to make up for Kane's more laid back presence.

I second the sentiment from 'Someone', Levy has made a HUGE mistake.
That being said, again the sports pundits TOTALLY got the situation wrong as far as Spurs management digging in their heels. Sky Sports countless times were giving Levy praise for doing everything within his rights by refusing legitimate bids from City.

Kane wants to leave, at this point he just might get what he wants.

The part that nobody seems to be discussing is, does Southgate continue to pick him for WC qualifiers. My guess is he will be chosen, he will start, and he will continue to score bundles of goals for England. If I'm correct, Levy is going to lose his shit. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: Are you sure about this? They're like a year apart in age. Feels like he broke through any WB before Mane did at SH.

cyberman

I’m glad my point of Kane dropping back too deep is finally being shared by the rest of the footballing world right now. I’ve been banging that drum since the last World Cup

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’m glad my point of Kane dropping back too deep is finally being shared by the rest of the footballing world right now. I’ve been banging that drum since the last World Cup
Remember when Southgate had him taking corners?