Harry Kane - new contract?

Gazza

Kane wants the PL scoring record and City won’t be back in for him so it’ll be stay at Spurs or risk it all at Man Utd.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He would be so stupid to sign any deal now. If he hadn't signed the last one , he would be sitting on couple of PL trophies now.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Mate if Arsenal offered me a professional contract right now I'd bite their arm off and I fecking despise them :lol:

In all seriousness though, why do you think he is still at Spurs? It's because it's his boyhood club and he has strong links here.
No, he is still there because he wasn't sold by Levy last year. Do you think if the valuation was met, he would have stayed at Spurs because it's his boyhood club?

MoskvaRed

It depends where you are asking. In England, absolutely yes. In Europe, no, he's seen a bit like Immobile. Scores a lot, but who cares when it's not achieving anything.

He was a great player but I think it's perfectly valid to question his ambition and drive to perform at the very top of the game.
It’s a shame if Shearer is seen like Immobile (a very limited player from what I have seen). If Shearer had joined United in 96 (and assuming in that scenario he does not get the same injury in 97(?) which ended his real peak), he and United could have won the Champions League in 97 and/or 98. But you’re right, he spent his career at second tier clubs and there is no real reason for your average Italian, Spanish or German fan to remember him much.

JSArsenal

Where would he even go?

Will Chelsea wait two years for him, when he'll be 31 and only a short term solution on massive wages? Levy isn't going to sell him next year is he? I can't picture him at Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern. Not that he isn't good enough but why take the risk?

Maybe he could go to Madrid for a few years while they look for the next young striker.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s hard to know if he really wanted to leave his boyhood club when all we really have to go on is a dip in form, a massive 15 game huff, a strike and a public declaration on TV that he wanted to leave the club.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Really hope we go all out to get Kane in the summer, might be quite RVP like in the length of time we get out of him but he's the best striker we could get

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He isn't staying at Spurs if they don't make top 4.

After the last two summers the ball will very much be in his court to make Levy sweat a bit next summer with just 12 months left on his deal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He isn't staying at Spurs if they don't make top 4.

After the last two summers the ball will very much be in his court to make Levy sweat a bit next summer with just 12 months left on his deal.
I don't think he's staying regardless, a new contract now means he ends his career with Spurs. He'll want Shearers record as well which is why I think a PL move may be more attractive than Bayern who keep talking about him

Anderson_7_

Let's sign a 30 yo striker while other clubs are buying young superstars or exciting prospects. This is how we get back to the top!!

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Where would he go in the PL? Arsenal are off the table, City have Haaland now, so it's Liverpool, United or Chelsea. I'd say he would trade Shearers record for a bunch of trophies at Bayern.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Where would he go in the PL? Arsenal are off the table, City have Haaland now, so it's Liverpool, United or Chelsea. I'd say he would trade Shearers record for a bunch of trophies at Bayern.
Only if its UCL, all-time PL topscorer is honestly worth more in terms of legacy than 3 Bundesliga trophies with Bayern.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Inevitable he signs a new massive deal there, and gives it loads about how although he did have a doubt at one stage, he can see the...coughs, progress made there and believes they can win stuff etc.

5 year deal on their record ever deal, and in a couple of years the club will be the ones regretting it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Inevitable he signs a new massive deal there, and gives it loads about how although he did have a doubt at one stage, he can see the...coughs, progress made there and believes they can win stuff etc.

5 year deal on their record ever deal, and in a couple of years the club will be the ones regretting it.
He'll probably do that and then Conte will resign a week later and they'll then appoint Nuno style manager. :lol:

kaku06

What does winning the bundesliga with Bayern mean to him? It’s winning a league he has no affiliation with just for the sake of winning something at the cost of being an all time premier league record goal scorer. It means nothing and I’m sure he wouldn’t even entertain it. No one would in his position right now when he is so close. It’s either us if we go for him or staying at spurs forever.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Only if its UCL, all-time PL topscorer is honestly worth more in terms of legacy than 3 Bundesliga trophies with Bayern.
Definitely a shot at UCL at Bayern, unlike Spurs. And guaranteed clean up of the domestic competition and w/e cups and trophies are on offer.

I don't see Newcastle, unless they are offering CL football, no CL football no Kane. I think with his boyhood club like Spurs he is willing to sit out a year here and there with no CL. But if he is moving, he will want CL wherever he ends up.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
How much longer will Kane remain at the top of his game. Most strikers suffer a drop in form as they head into their thirties so any club signing Kane will be rolling the dice.

Lecland07

How much longer will Kane remain at the top of his game. Most strikers suffer a drop in form as they head into their thirties so any club signing Kane will be rolling the dice.
I think he will be fine for quite a few years. It is not like he has ever been reliant on pace etc. His best assets are positioning, shooting and passing.

I just think he needs to move to a team that will actually create chances for him instead of him creating for others.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I think he will be fine for quite a few years. It is not like he has ever been reliant on pace etc. His best assets are positioning, shooting and passing.

I just think he needs to move to a team that will actually create chances for him instead of him creating for others.
I agree with with that, I think his positional sense will take him into his mid thirties. I just don't know which English club would be a good fit for him.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He'll be a good player for longer but my guess is that he only has maybe 1-2 more seasons at elite level in him after this one.

I've said this before on here but the age curve in PL football is ridiculous and you can count the number of truly elite level forward seasons at age 31+ in the last 20 years on one hand, maybe with fingers left over. Kane is one of the best players in PL history so that counts for a lot but even a relatively optimistic view has him aging like Shearer, who had some very good seasons from 31-33 but that period of his career was still a clear step down from his top level in his 20s

FujiVice

Got to be gone at the end of the season. If United, Liverpool and Newcastle have billionaire owners by the summer, you'd think his age will be licking his lips.

El Zoido

He'll be a good player for longer but my guess is that he only has maybe 1-2 more seasons at elite level in him after this one.

I've said this before on here but the age curve in PL football is ridiculous and you can count the number of truly elite level forward seasons at age 31+ in the last 20 years on one hand, maybe with fingers left over. Kane is one of the best players in PL history so that counts for a lot but even a relatively optimistic view has him aging like Shearer, who had some very good seasons from 31-33 but that period of his career was still a clear step down from his top level in his 20s
The game is more physically demanding than in Shearer’s day as well. Kane’s brilliant but I think his decline will be rapid, whenever that may be.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The game is more physically demanding than in Shearer’s day as well. Kane’s brilliant but I think his decline will be rapid, whenever that may be.
I think he’ll still be scoring 10+ PL goals a season at 36. He’ll always take Pens. That’s not to say he’ll be playing for a CL club of course.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
I could see him signing for Man United. No discounts though. Levy would get his massive fee. Even with a year on his contract and Kane approaching 30. I reckon Tottenham could still get 80m.

I reckon