Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He has been Spurs best player for a while and I understand your love for him, but I would love if City blew 120M-150M, because that would block their chances on Haaland.
How do you figure that? whats to stop City buying Kane this season and Haaland in a season or 2? Not like the world is going to stop needing oil over the next couple of years. And it is pretty clear FFP is a joke.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Did you see the stats for Kanes 2 best season of his career underneath as well? The guy was a better goalscorer than Kane will ever be at 19/20 years old. The season he just had topped Kanes career best season for Spurs, becoming topscorer in CL, winning the DFB-cup and getting the PoY award in BL, despite Lewandowski breaking a 50 year old goalscoringrecord. Kane is better at some aspects of the game for sure and is a very good player, but if you're not British or a Spursfan you can't really place him up there with the best. His record against the best is average and he still hasn't won a single trophy. Some on here thinks he finally showed what a great creator and passer of the ball he really is last season, when he clicked with an overperforming Son for some matches early last season - He got 4 assists in the last 29 games he played last season, and that is just on par with the output he's delivered the 7 seasons before that. His completed passes % was below 70, which is lower than for instance Haaland (74%).

He has been Spurs best player for a while and I understand your love for him, but I would love if City blew 120M-150M, because that would block their chances on Haaland.
I really wish you wouldn't compare Kane at 20 years old to Haaland - that is utterly meaningless especially since Kane was such a late starter. Haaland is playing in an inferior league - his numbers are very impressive of course and he is clearly an excellent goal scorer but he doesn't have the all round game that Kane has. If Haaland comes to England and hits the same sort of figures as Kane has then fair enough. You trying to claim that Kane isn't up there with the very best in his position is ridiculous by the way.

troylocker

I really wish you wouldn't compare Kane at 20 years old to Haaland - that is utterly meaningless especially since Kane was such a late starter. Haaland is playing in an inferior league - his numbers are very impressive of course and he is clearly an excellent goal scorer but he doesn't have the all round game that Kane has. If Haaland comes to England and hits the same sort of figures as Kane has then fair enough. You trying to claim that Kane isn't up there with the very best in his position is ridiculous by the way.
I think Kane is a great player. Possibly the second best striker in the league the last 7 years after Aguero, and that is a pretty good complement. It's not a bad thing to be one of the best English strikers ever either. So I don't mean it as an insult when I say there are better players and striker out there in the world.
The best in the world wins stuff and performs in the biggest games, and Kane has done none of that.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think Kane is a great player. Possibly the second best striker in the league the last 7 years after Aguero, and that is a pretty good complement. It's not a bad thing to be one of the best English strikers ever either. So I don't mean it as an insult when I say there are better players and striker out there in the world.
The best in the world wins stuff and performs in the biggest games, and Kane has done none of that.
You are talking about a world cup golden boot winner. You do realise football is a team game right? Kane isn't playing for a City, Utd, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG type team that is expected to win things on a regular basis so I don't see how him not winning anything yet can be held against him. I didn't say Kane was the best in the world - he is certainly one of the best in his position.

Strelok

City is reportedly ready to spend a £130m on Kane.

FFS they have no match revenue, they have no fan how the feck they can cook the books for +£200m in a single window ???

I know FFP is a joke they got away last year but ffs are these guys simply blind???

troylocker

You are talking about a world cup golden boot winner. You do realise football is a team game right? Kane isn't playing for a City, Utd, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG type team that is expected to win things on a regular basis so I don't see how him not winning anything yet can be held against him. I didn't say Kane was the best in the world - he is certainly one of the best in his position.
You know that half those 6 goals where penalties and 5 of those 6 goals were against Panama and Tunisia? The last goal was his penalty against Columbia and 0 goals or assists in the knockout stages other than that?
I think there are a number of strikers out there you could put in Harry's boots in that WC that would also win that golden boot.

Edit! I just remembered that last goal against Panama. Hahaha!

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You know that half those 6 goals where penalties and 5 of those 6 goals were against Panama and Tunisia? The last goal was his penalty against Columbia and 0 goals or assists in the knockout stages other than that?
I think there are a number of strikers out there you could put in Harry's boots in that WC that would also win that golden boot.

Edit! I just remembered that last goal against Panama. Hahaha!
So being a world cup golden boot winner doesn't mean anything now?

troylocker

So being a world cup golden boot winner doesn't mean anything now?
Of course it does, but that particular GB was perhaps the least impressive GB in WC history. He was in the right place at the right time for rebounds twice, was shot in the heel once and converted 3 penalties against wastly inferior competition early in the tournament and dissapeared in the later knockout stages and bronze final when it really mattered . It was not the greatest display of skill that won him that honor. Still nice though and an achievement shared with very few others.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This is getting a bit messy for Spurs. Kane is backing them into a corner where they might feel like they have to sell or have an unhappy player in the dressing room all year.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This is getting a bit messy for Spurs. Kane is backing them into a corner where they might feel like they have to sell or have an unhappy player in the dressing room all year.
There is no way Spurs sell Kane for anything less than Levy values him at. I think it's looking more likely Kane stays at Spurs for this coming season - if he is unhappy then he only has himself to blame.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yup, this is getting even worse.

I am aware that Kane would return at the end of the week, but the fact that this is resulting in him missing the first match of the season doesn't really help matters.

gorky_utd

Is an unhappy Kane worth keeping? I mean if he stays but plays horrible, that will hurt spurs more. I think they should take the money and allow Kane to join city, giving Utd a very good chance of landing Haaland next summer :D .

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

I am aware that Kane would return at the end of the week, but the fact that this is resulting in him missing the first match of the season doesn't really help matters.
completely out of order, he's not even in the country? Prick

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Is an unhappy Kane worth keeping? I mean if he stays but plays horrible, that will hurt spurs more. I think they should take the money and allow Kane to join city, giving Utd a very good chance of landing Haaland next summer :D .
In all seriousness, yes. If he genuinely wants to throw his toys out of the pram for a season, best of luck city being interested. Some new talent could break through, Haaland will be available and Levy will still want a lot of money. He's fecked himself, he has zero leverage.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Odd that he would choose to vacation in the current global epicenter of COVID.

Shark

@NotShark
Think it's safe to say he's completely demolished his reputation with Spurs fans now. Rightly so.

Fridge chutney

Ok so world cup golden boot winner means nothing. Glad to have that sorted out.
Haha this thread is a laugh. Kane has proven much more than Haaland. Haaland would have a great career if he puts up similar stats to Kane. And to claim Kane isn't technical... well that's not even worth responding to.

With that said, you can see why it would be appealing to spend big money on Haaland over Kane given the difference in age and the Sancho connection. However either would make United serious contenders for the title.

swissgenius

I don't get this behaviour. He's unhappy so they have to let him go? Why did he sign a contract until 2024 if he is so unhappy?
I know it's daily business these days but I miss the times when contracts meant something.
Same with Griezmann, Dembele or Sterling who just didn't attempt training camp. They get paid unreal money and enjoy the full benefits of a superstar status but decide to not show up for work...

Can't blame Levy if he doesn't let him go, even a club legend has to live up to his word, or even more so.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't get this behaviour. He's unhappy so they have to let him go? Why did he sign a contract until 2024 if he is so unhappy?
I know it's daily business these days but I miss the times when contracts meant something.
Same with Griezmann, Dembele or Sterling who just didn't attempt training camp. They get paid unreal money and enjoy the full benefits of a superstar status but decide to not show up for work...

Can't blame Levy if he doesn't let him go, even a club legend has to live up to his word, or even more so.
He has a side agreement to be allowed to leave with Levy. The exact details of which are not public for the moment.

Kane obviously feels it's Levy screwing him over, hence is in FL not at training.

croadyman

It certainly looks that way
Yeah City are behind him behaving like this and it's sad to see him burning his bridges with your fanbase, simply put we HAVE to sign a midfielder if they get both which looks on the cards right now. Obviously need to keep Pogba for next season but at least get a deal in place for his replacement during the season and take it from there.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pep won't sign Haaland. He just won't fit his crazy line ups.

RUCK4444

Yeah City are behind him behaving like this and it's sad to see him burning his bridges with your fanbase, simply put we HAVE to sign a midfielder if they get both which looks on the cards right now
This. We need to invest in our midfield on top of retaining Pogba to keep pace.

swissgenius

He has a side agreement to be allowed to leave with Levy. The exact details of which are not public for the moment.

Kane obviously feels it's Levy screwing him over, hence is in FL not at training.
Ah thanks, didn't know that. See my post as just a general rage speech regarding today's football business :D

432JuanMata

Firstly people downplaying Kane is hilarious he is goalscoring machine and last season showed his level of being all rounded by assisting loads and dropping deeper.
All of his assists where for Son due to Spurs having nobody else you put him in this city side and we will be incredible.
I rate Haaland a level ahead even now at only 20/21 but that doesn’t say anything as that guy is a freak and mostly one of a kind.

Though I understand his desire to leave Spurs and has giving them loads of years even in his prime, he is a dick for not turning up for training

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah City are behind him behaving like this and it's sad to see him burning his bridges with your fanbase, simply put we HAVE to sign a midfielder if they get both which looks on the cards right now
Why does it have to happen? If they get Kane as well as Grealish we won't be finishing ahead of them no matter what we do. Sad but true.

The league is becoming a bit of a joke tbh. City could easily win the next 3 titles making it 7 in 9 years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Haha this thread is a laugh. Kane has proven much more than Haaland. Haaland would have a great career if he puts up similar stats to Kane. And to claim Kane isn't technical... well that's not even worth responding to.

With that said, you can see why it would be appealing to spend big money on Haaland over Kane given the difference in age and the Sancho connection. However either would make United serious contenders for the title.
It's hilarious that his golden boot needs a context but why he didn't win trophies doesn't need any context. As if trophies are won by one great player.

gorky_utd

Kane's is such a sly cnut. Spurs fans are going mad.
He is probably just waiting for Grealish deal to be finished. Then he will return to complete the formalities regarding his transfer. He is doing what City has told him to do.