Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He will end up at Chelsea because:

1. They have the money
  2. They need a striker
  3. He will be the missing piece of the jigsaw
Levy wouldn't sell Chelsea a virus mate. He sold Modric to Real Madrid for less then what we had offered despite Modric preferring Chelsea. The only way Chelsea stand a chance is if Kane kicks up a fuss about only wanting to sign for us because he wants to remain in London and even then, there's a slim to no chance of it ever happening.

GreatDane

Not a City-type signing, even less so a Pep-type one. I think Pep's absolutely loving not having to field a central forward.

I desperately wish some actual fans could communicate to the higher ups that Kane is precisely the type of signing we don't want, even if it would be marketing gold.

We need a DMF, RWF far, FAR more than a striker now that Cavani is staying, and Greenwood is rediscovering his incredible form.
Kane would cost the whole transfer kitty.
He'll be 28, consistently misses large chunks of the season with an ever increasing injury list, and he's clearly already lost a few steps.

Please, someone take Ed's fax machine away.
28 is prime! He´s got a good 4-5 years in him, before he turnes into a great sub for us. As Cavani is now.
And he is no more prone to injuries than any other footballer.

Sign him up, he´ll make us contenders.

abailey123

Martial + £50 m doesn’t kill our transfer budget either.
We then target a centre half and that’s probably our business done ? We could also cash in on De Gea saving ££££ on the wage bill.

Henderson

AWB CB. Maguire. Shaw

McTominay. Pogba

Greenwood. Fernandes. Rashford

Kane

In reserve we could have Laird, Lindelof, Bailly and Telles for defence

Fred, Garner and Matic for CM

Amad and James as wide forwards

Van de Beek as #10

Cavani as centre forward

it makes too much sense doesn’t it?

If the Glazers really want to get the fans back they get Kane, Sancho and a centre half.

Kane has the potential to transform us as per Van Persie - we should be all over this, no question.

croadyman

28 is prime! He´s got a good 4-5 years in him, before he turnes into a great sub for us. As Cavani is now.
And he is no more prone to injuries than any other footballer.

Sign him up, he´ll make us contenders.
I would totally agree with you and I'm sure many would too IF we didn't have bigger issues at CB, CDM & RW

acnumber9

Maybe, but not at any price. They didn't agree on a release fee and Levy will always say the offers received are too low and unacceptable. Spurs have a huge stadium debt and they will demand top dollar for their most prized asset, since they will also need to replace him and rebuild the squad.
That would be a dangerous game for them to play. If Levy gets a reputation for going back on his word it won’t look good to future signings.

croadyman

Martial + £50 m doesn’t kill our transfer budget either.
We then target a centre half and that’s probably our business done ? We could also cash in on De Gea saving ££££ on the wage bill.

Henderson

AWB CB. Maguire. Shaw

McTominay. Pogba

Greenwood. Fernandes. Rashford

Kane

In reserve we could have Laird, Lindelof, Bailly and Telles for defence

Fred, Garner and Matic for CM

Amad and James as wide forwards

Van de Beek as #10

Cavani as centre forward

it makes too much sense doesn’t it?

If the Glazers really want to get the fans back they get Kane, Sancho and a centre half.

Kane has the potential to transform us as per Van Persie - we should be all over this, no question.
I am 100% certain we will not sign both of them let alone a CB as well much as it pains me to say

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Didn't we have about six 0-0 draws this season? Can anyone honestly say that Kane in those games doesn't turn most of them into wins?

Would we have lost at home to Palace, arsenal and Sheffield United with Kane up front? I suspect not

Andy_Cole

Didn't we have about six 0-0 draws this season? Can anyone honestly say that Kane in those games doesn't turn most of them into wins?

Would we have lost at home to Palace, arsenal and Sheffield United with Kane up front? I suspect not
I’m sure Spurs have drawn and lost horrendous games this season too

cyberman

I mean Spurs have lost a lot, i mean a lot, of games over the last 2 seasons.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Speculating, If United get Kane then you can pretty much wave bye-bye to any hopes of getting Sancho.

I don't think Sancho will wait yet another year for United and will likely feel disheartened in moving to us at any period in the future.
May even feel disrespected.

What may give United a cushion of some sorts, in the potential signing of Kane, is the fact that we have Mason, Amad and Pellestri all competing on the right hand side, also seems somewhat convenient that we're being linked with yet another youth hopeful in FC Nordsjaelland's flying winger Sulemana.

Last edited:

theklr

Martial+Lingard+Dalot+Pereira+Romero+Mata+Matic should seal the deal

Mindhunter

Nothing to read here. Levy won’t sell him to a PL club unless it is obscene money. That rules out everyone except Abu Dhabi FC.

Raredaredevil

This is definitely the biggest transfer saga of 2021. I definitely did not see this coming considering he is a boyhood Spurs fan and he seemed so loyal to Spurs. Good on him though, it will be a travesty if the the current best English striker doesn't win a major trophy.

copen1945

City will continue to dominate the league for years to come. He will go there and win a few trophies.

It’s not like money is an issue (plenty of oil still), but Aguero’s wages will cover Kane’s and they’ll probably get him for the now customary £60m - £65m ;)
This isn't too unlikely. UAE already sponsors Arsenal, and, of course, they have City. It will be three of the ESL 6. They can stick an investment bank fronting the deal, just as the Saudis were doing with the ESL scheme.

Traub

If he wants to leave Spurs for trophies, there is literally no better club to go to than City. Also, Spurs fans will probably accept a City transfer more than any other English club.

Yeah I am sure he will but think the likelihood is we have moved on now Edi is staying for another year which is the right thing despite being a big fan of Kane but there is no doubt we need a CB, CDM & RW above that much as he is a sure fire thing
Cavani probably won’t play more than 35 games, with maybe 25 starts.

A Kane/Martial swap - and both Kane and Canavi can easily be accommodated.

I agree that striker is not THE priority. But if this is an opportunity to get a player, and he will fill the position for 3-4 years, then perhaps we can make do elsewhere. If, and clearly a big if, we bought Kane, he wouldn’t be our only signing - and his goals and presence could see us challenging, despite shortcomings elsewhere.

it’s the sort of sighing fergie would go for. Strikers make the difference.

croadyman

Think this transfer race between us & City would be much closer IF we didn't have issues in at least three other areas

croadyman

Cavani probably won’t play more than 35 games, with maybe 25 starts.

A Kane/Martial swap - and both Kane and Canavi can easily be accommodated.

I agree that striker is not THE priority. But if this is an opportunity to get a player, and he will fill the position for 3-4 years, then perhaps we can make do elsewhere. If, and clearly a big if, we bought Kane, he wouldn’t be our only signing - and his goals and presence could see us challenging, despite shortcomings elsewhere.

it’s the sort of sighing fergie would go for. Strikers make the difference.
So who else do you realistically see us signing then IF we somehow pulled off this transfer ahead of City

Luke1995

Given that City will look for a Aguero replacement they will probably push hard for him.

And Chelsea, it seems like they are back into huge spendings after the Lampard firing.

United would be the most unlikely one because of how many forwards we already have. If Cavani and Rashford play, where that would leave Greenwood ? Or Kane himself ? It's difficult.

Although Kane obviously wouldn't come for the bench. So that would mean possibly benching Cavani, who signed a extension under the perception of being a main striker next season.

I want Kane at United 100% but just too many moving parts here.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Think this transfer race between us & City would be much closer IF we didn't have issues in at least three other areas
You never know with United.
You could argue that we prioritised RVP (in 2013) over more common sense signings, especially as Rooney was coming off the back of yet another high scoring individual season with 34 goals to his name.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Lingard I could see agreeing to join Spurs. Martial though? I don’t think he would, but I do think that would spell the end of his career here regardless. He sulked for 2 years when his shirt number was changed. Imagine us trying and failing to use him in a deal for a better striker because he wasn’t getting the job done! It would end him.

Adamsk7

I see it as a two horse race between City and Chelsea. He’d probably seal a new period of dominance for City or make Chelsea title contenders. They could both do with a striker and they both have the resources.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
City written all over it, even if Sergio wasn't leaving. Let's at least stick in an eye watering bid so they don't get a free run.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
He will end up at Chelsea because:

1. They have the money
  2. They need a striker
  3. He will be the missing piece of the jigsaw
If he goes to Chelsea he better give a call to CDI an inquire about witness protection. I can see Spurs fans accepting City as no-one really cares about them and/or Utd as they're not a rival, but Chelsea? No way. Chelsea fans already rip them harder than any other team.

So who else do you realistically see us signing then IF we somehow pulled off this transfer ahead of City
im not a transfer officinado - I hadn’t heard of Amed or Pellestri until we signed them… I don’t claim to watch every player in every league like some… so frankly I don’t know. But I don’t think that Kane would mean no other signings.

I don’t think a Kane/Martial and a Rice/Lingard swap (obviously with significant money from us) is out of the question. Both seem like very obvious transfers that everyone would be happy with.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Would fans view him differently if went for the 'guaranteed' thing at City? Kinda has the feel of KD going to the Warriors. He'd make United and Chelsea instant contenders, but he'd be elevating those teams to a title winning level as opposed to joining an already established title winning machine.

Wilt

Wonder if the realistic possibilty of Kane to City will trigger Haaland into asking for a move? ....it could reduce Haalands options

r0663664

Worships Man City
Personally I won’t sign Kane because of a few reason:

- Dealing with Levy
- Prone to injury

We may have a injury probe striker on high wages sitting on our bench for the next few years. If he was 3 years younger, I would sign him immediately. I would rather go for Sancho, DM and CB. The cost of Kane can cover 2 positions mentioned.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Would fans view him differently if went for the 'guaranteed' thing at City? Kinda has the feel of KD going to the Warriors. He'd make United and Chelsea instant contenders, but he'd be elevating those teams to a title winning level as opposed to joining an already established title winning machine.
I don't think anyone would blame him. He's been a nearly man for too long, if we take into account of his immense talent, he should have the titles that match his goal scoring feats.

I would put us way down the list of potential places for him to go.
why?

its fairly obvious, even ignoring today’s reports (which say he wants to stay in the PL) that he would prefer to stay in the PL.

Who can afford him? City, Chelsea and us.

Even if he wanted to go to Spain, neither Real or Barca have the money.

PSG are one of the few teams who have 2 top strikers. obviously Juventus can’t afford him. Bayern have Lewandowski, he’s of on age he could be replaced, but more likely to go for Haaland next year.

so how many clubs do you think are ahead of United?