Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If Liverpool sign Kane, then United have personally delivered him to Anfield.

The only way he considers Liverpool is if they finish in the top four, and the postponed fixture fiasco and our subsequent woeful performance and loss against Liverpool has given them that opportunity.
I like that people are basically saying that united are the only reason Liverpool will finish top 4 :lol: so ridiculous.

SSSSnake

I imagine he already know’s where’s he’s going. I have a feeling it’s not city with Haaland having some gentlemen’s agreement to join. So maybe it’s us or Chelsea?

Crustanoid

He’s not signing for us because:

a) The Glazers
b) Ed or if not, Richard Arnold
c) We’re shit at transfers
d) Compared to rivals we have no ambition to win major trophies, which is what he wants
e) The Glazers

He’ll go to Chelsea if City have prioritised Haaland

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
There is a big difference though. Even during that time, the fact which enabled us to sign RVP was that he was in the last year of his contract. Hence, he was quite cheap relative to his quality. But for Kane, we would have to pay the full price of a 40 goal a season striker and I genuinely feel that its a setup for failure.
I meant in terms of impact, but yeah, if you add it all up (Best CF in the league + is on a long contract + English + Levy) there is no doubt hes going to cost a fortune

el3mel

No chance we are even in for Kane.
Ole has repeatedly said that we have changed our transfer policy and are looking for younger hungry players.
Kane doesn't fit that bill, and we really don't need another striker, as good as he is.
Our main striker is 34 years old.

This won't be the reason we won't be in for Kane. :lol: We probably won't be in it because we had already extended Cavani's contract so most probably we are saving money for other positions.

Has feck all to do with age.

SSSSnake

Wait, are people seriously suggesting we will spunk 120-130m on Kane when Haaland who's 7 years younger is available for 70m next year? Ain't happening.
assuming Haaland wants to come to United? Imagine we miss getting him and Kane.

UpWithRivers

Maybe Kane wont cost as much as everyone thinks. If Levy prices him out of the market he will be pissed. Kane has probably had words with management for a few years and said he want to go and they said one more year Kane. Give us one more year. So he stayed. But now he is saying "I gave you one more year 3 years ago, please let me go go." I can see this as a likely situation that has gone on behind the scenes. Of course Levy wants 150 plus. But no one has that cash. So they might be forced to accept 90/100.

el3mel

I feel like Kane leaving would kill Spurs in terms of them competing and being part of the ‘top six’. I know they haven’t won anything but they’ve been in the conversation in recent years, and Kane has been so important to that.

If he goes I don’t really see what they have. They don’t look any different to Villa without Kane.
Yes. Son is very good and all but Kane is hugely influential and they will be totally and completely fecked without him.

Levy will take the money and put it in his back account.

copen1945

Kane has set a dealine, for the start of the Euro. It starts less than a month away. I would imagine the destination has been set already, and an army of people are working on making sure that very little of 100M ever touches the UK shores.

el3mel

Kane and KDB in one team would be pretty fecking overkill though. I am not looking forward to watching it if it happened.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Our main striker is 34 years old.

This won't be the reason we won't be in for Kane. :lol: We probably won't be in it because we had already extended Cavani's contract so most probably we are saving money for other positions.

Has feck all to do with age.
Cavani was signed as a backup.

Just so happens our main striker has been injury prone and poor this season.

Bar loan signings, how many players has Ole signed that have been over 26? I can name one.

Can we afford him though? Not to mention we have Cavani, Rashford, Martial and more importantly Greenwood on the books. I dont see us financing a deal for him after extending Cavani for another year.
if United bought Kane, clearly Martial is gone. Either in part ex, or to don’t one else to help finance the deal. Kane, Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood across 3 positions is reasonably balanced.

el3mel

Cavani was signed as a backup.

Just so happens our main striker has been injury prone and poor this season.

Bar loan signings, how many players has Ole signed that have been over 26? I can name one.
I said it back then and I will say it now. There was no way Cavani would have agreed to join us just to be a bench option for Anthony fecking Martial. This was just what people here assumed, and just because they assumed it doesn't mean it was actually true. He was eased into the team due to quarantine issues and then his stupid ban hit. Whenever he was fully fit he was the main starter. If we were so concerned with the age of our players we wouldn't have extended his contract and decided to go into the market this season for a "young hungry striker".

Kane is 28 not 38. He still has solid 3-4 years at the top of the game and his style of play doesn't depend on pace that much. I can see him playing well up till 35 at least.

The age aspect is so fecking overrated here imo. You will assume that after we saw Cavani this year with us we will understand that strikers don't become past it magically past 30. If we don't sign Kane it would have feck all to do with how old is he. It's that because we had already extended Cavani's contract and both will want to be the main position. Won't work.

Mind you if we actually know he was going to leave earlier I bet we would have let Cavani leave.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This thread is insane. People just constantly saying there is no chance we’ll sign him with nothing to back it up.

Id be absolutely shocked if he went to Chelsea. One of spurs biggest rivals, why would they sell to them? Why would he betray the spurs fans when he has a pick of clubs?

City seems the most likely destination I’d say, but whether they’ll pay the silly fee, I don’t know.

We’re clearly in with a shout, if he moves

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I said it back then and I will say it now. There was no way Cavani would have agreed to join us just to be a bench option for Anthony fecking Martial. This was just what people here assumed, and just because they assumed it doesn't mean it was actually true. He was eased into the team due to quarantine issues and then his stupid ban hit. Whenever he was fully fit he was the main starter. If we were so concerned with the age of our players we wouldn't have extended his contract and decided to go into the market this season for a "young hungry striker".

Kane is 28 not 38. He still has solid 3-4 years at the top of the game and his style of play doesn't depend on pace that much. I can see him playing well up till 35 at least.

The age aspect is so fecking overrated here imo. You will assume that after we saw Cavani this year with us we will understand that strikers don't become past it magically past 30. If we don't sign Kane it would have feck all to do with how old is he. It's that because we had already extended Cavani's contract and both will want to be the main position. Won't work.

Mind you if we actually know he was going to leave earlier I bet we would have let Cavani leave.
So we signed our main striker on deadline day when we could have signed him at the start of the season. Right you are. :lol:

I have never said Kane is over the hill or too old, merely that our transfer policy is to sign younger players with a view to develop them further. Something that Ole has by and large stuck too unless there's been a bargain (Cavani, Ighalo and Telles)
There's big question marks over Kane's injury record, which at his age and with the money it'd take would be a gamble in the long term.

Interesting to note that we are being linked with a 19 year old forward today too...just saying.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
City have to be favourites and I don’t think he will cost as much as people think.

100 million I reckon and he goes.

OleBoiii

Are we actually the favorites to sign him? If Levy keeps his policy of not selling to Chelsea and City targets Haaland, then that only leaves us domestically at least.

But... Do we want him? He'll cost a fortune and he turns 28 this summer. It also seems like a dick move towards Cavani(if it's true that he stayed because he was guaranteed more playtime).

JG3001

If we did the impossible and pulled this off, we won’t be signing anyone else. Of course I’d have Kane here, but scoring goals has not been the main problem this season, it’s keeping them out our net. CB, DM and RW for me is far more crucial, and I doubt we’ll sign all 3...

yamo123x

City bound me thinks and given their trophy success and chance to play under Pep who would blame him. Pretty much Nailed on i would think

Judas

Open to offers
Are we actually the favorites to sign him? If Levy keeps his policy of not selling to Chelsea and City targets Haaland, then that only leaves us domestically at least.

But... Do we want him? He'll cost a fortune and he turns 28 this summer. It also seems like a dick move towards Cavani(if it's true that he stayed because he was guaranteed more playtime).
No? Not sure where you've gathered that from!

City bound and it makes sense, Haaland suits us a lot more than he does them.

Raredaredevil

If we sign Kane, we win the league. Simple as that. We must go all out for him and not give City a free ride.

he wants to play in the PL. I can only see three clubs that could even potentially afford him.

out of those 3 Chelsea need him the least, and would clearly be the least favourable option for spurs.

So it’s us or City.

more than enough games for Cavani and Kane, and they can both play together. If an opportunity for a player like Kane comes along, there can be no room for sentiment towards a 34 year old who will only be at the club another year.

bitb of those players should relish the challenge of playing at the same club and in the same team.

Craig Ward

Chelsea are a non runner.

I can't see him going to PSG. I cant see Real or Barca being realistic with the money woes.

That leaves Juve or Bayern. Wouldn't rule them out.

Kane for me, wouldn't suit a Klopp side but Mane's stunk the place out this year and Salah's destined for a move either this summer or next.

I can't shake the feeling Kane wants to stay in the prem to break shearer's record. So us or City? He says he wants to win major honours. City only have Jesus as CF for next season and all the money. They are also the most likely team to win the prem each year, whereas we are still building towards a title challenge.

Us with Kane probably would challenge, but city with Kane grow further forward. Does he want a challenge with us or take the more likely route to a title with City? From his point of view - if he wants to win the prem - he chooses city all day long.

I hope to feck i'm wrong

OleBoiii

City bound and it makes sense, Haaland suits us a lot more than he does them.
Haaland is arguably the hottest name on the transfer market. He's already world class and only turns 21 this summer. I really doubt City would pick Kane over Haaland... And I honestly doubt Haaland would pick us over City.

Unless City sign both. Haaland as an impact sub would be peak City :p

GuyfromAustria

The age aspect is so fecking overrated here imo. You will assume that after we saw Cavani this year with us we will understand that strikers don't become past it magically past 30.
Imagine signing Lewandowski in the summer of 2016.

Schnappo

As much as I'd love to see Kane at United, we couldn't possibly justify the outlay on him given that there are more pressing issues within the squad. I don't think the timing is quite right for us on this one so I imagine City pretty much have a free run at him. Can't see him going to Chelsea.

Reactions: Sultan

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I can imagine the scenario.

Harry Kane broke the English transfer record after signing for ManUnited. The hype was everywhere - pundits, Che Guava twitter account and even shitty fan made articles were talking about how Kane "just fits"United, a proper english ManUnited STAR, "Sir Alex would have signed him", he is the missing piece, handsome, is bilingual, etc.

And then came the first game. We played against a middle table team and somehow managed to maintain 37% ball possession all game. Despite Kane being the new star CF that everyone and their dogs talked about, he didn't get a lot of service in that game and the one time he did, Dan James blocked his shot with his arse because he couldn't stop running in one direction. At the 85th minute the opponent CM ran forward and bypassed our entire midfield, he found a pass to his mate, a simple tap in and it's a goal - Lindelof failed to manmark.

The end.

romufc

I don't think he will leave spurs this summer, there are too many things that need to happen for him to move.

1. Levy must be willing to accept a huge price reduction - won't sell for anything under £100m
2. City haven't spent more than £60m on a single player
3. City have a decent model, hardly do they spend a big amount on a 28 yr old
4. Injury history

It's got to be City.

I don't think he fits the profile we want, he wont go to Chelsea, Liverpool cant afford him, and i don't think he will want to go abroad.

He will probably prove me completely wrong but i think he will be a bit of a flop there. I've always thought he suited being a big fish in a small pond and because of that i'm not at all convinced he will leave in the first place.

Withnail

I can't see City paying what it'll take to get Kane.

What's Levy going to look for? 150m?

As others have said, while they have the money, City don't really do massive deals like this.

Mike Smalling

Could Abramovich get out the checkbook? Kane would make Chelsea a very strong title contender.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
City, who have just sealed their third Premier League title in four years, are not the only club in for Kane but would be one of the most attractive options and are believed to have registered their interest more recently. While Kane was with the England squad in March, he is said to have asked the City players present what their lives were like, living in the north west. So much so that after the international break, thos players were left with one very clear impression: that Kane was set for a move to the Etihad Stadium.

It is City who have made enquiries for Kane and who are also most in need of a new centre-forward, with Sergio Aguero set to leave this summer, as he turns 33, after 10 years of stellar service. Kane is understood to be City’s first choice, but they have never previously spent close to £100 million on a single player and the England captain would likely cost them at least £120 million — and that is before bonuses and part-exchange players are taken into account. That is why City could instead turn to a more cost-effective option, such as Inter Milan’s Manchester United old boy Romelu Lukaku, who The Athletic revealed in February they were considering.

Manchester United might be a more likely destination for Kane and they have shown themselves willing to spend big money on established internationals in the past, signing Paul Pogba and Harry Maguire for big fees. It would be in keeping with their policy to sign Kane, although they have just tied down fellow striker Edinson Cavani for next season.

SoCross

I'd rather, a CDM, CB or a RW before a striker but players like Kane don't become available every window. But dealing with Levy would be a nightmare.