Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

diarm

If Levy has suddenly changed his stance on this, you'd have to wonder how much cash has been put into an Emirates / Seychelles account in his name.

£160m would only scratch the surface I'd say.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
There is nothing like 150 mn 200 mn for city. If kane goes there they will have minimum 20 goal per season striker for minimum three years.

Last season their highest goal scorer was gundogan I think. That's some elevation for the city team in that goal scoring department.

I don't think they will stop there though possibly grealish and one defensive midfielder. If there is FFP that too relaxed for these covid years.So no problem for city to use this window in my opinion.

flappyjay

Looks a lot of people just trying to make themselves feel better. If they win the ucl within the next 3 years and his body gives the year after they will deem the transfer a success.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Am I remembering right that Sam Lee is actually a United fan but found a niche as a journalist reporting on City or have I made that up?
He says he’s a United fan, yeah. Don’t think I’ve ever actually see him tweet positively about us, mind

Idxomer

No player gives false impressions about his quality or form more than Kane.

People should have learnt by now not to doubt him until he actually has a bad season.

cyberman

Lets see if Pep can fix him. Hes a weird player, he drops deep doing his Rooney impression and the stats says it works but his assist stats are padded by 4 v Southampton and 9 in the first 6 games. He has 4 assists in last 24 league games and none at all in the Euros.

Pep's Suit

Am I remembering right that Sam Lee is actually a United fan but found a niche as a journalist reporting on City or have I made that up?
He's a terrible source for City, no idea how he can work for the The Athletic. I've heard he had most of his stories from Jose Alvarez, who is a good friend of Aguero. Anyway, Jack Gaughan is the best source for City and has been for few years now but he never really posts exclusives in advance so with him it's only about whether a story is correct or made up.

Castia

Source from those articles is The Sun it’s a load of bollocks. Not one single journo has news of arguably the biggest transfer in PL history yet the Sun does? yeah right.

To be honest even if Levy agrees to sell I can’t see City spending 160m on him that’s crazy money.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he'll be great for them. City being an oil club means they don't have to worry about long term value of £100m.
Sentiment aside, it doesn't make economic sense for Levy to reject such a bid.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think he'll be great for them. City being an oil club means they don't have to worry about long term value of £100m.
Sentiment aside, it doesn't make economic sense for Levy to reject such a bid.
If reports if such a bid are legit, then yeah Levy is going to snatch their hands off. The question, kind of like the Haaland deal, is whether a bid like that is actually forthcoming. I genuinely can't see City being OK with paying that amount for Kane.

R'hllor

If this comes to pass, there will so much copium around here, people already started with some gem drivels.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If reports if such a bid are legit, then yeah Levy is going to snatch their hands off. The question, kind of like the Haaland deal, is whether a bid like that is actually forthcoming. I genuinely can't see City being OK with paying that amount for Kane.
I can't as well. Many of the reports have stated players are included in that figure and it won't be straight cash.
My feeling is that he will move next year and not this one.

El Zoido

I wouldn’t want us to spend £160m on him. Though if we had a bottomless pit of money like City, why not? Even if he flops (he won’t), they can just spend another £160m on Haaland or whoever next summer.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
£160 million is an obscene sum of money to be shelling out at the best of times, but to do so during an economic crisis, not to mention being watched by the entire footballing world due to Der Spiegel's claims, is the absolute definition of insanity.

I can't wait for the day it all to blow up in their faces.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There is nothing like 150 mn 200 mn for city. If kane goes there they will have minimum 20 goal per season striker for minimum three years.

Last season their highest goal scorer was gundogan I think. That's some elevation for the city team in that goal scoring department.

I don't think they will stop there though possibly grealish and one defensive midfielder. If there is FFP that too relaxed for these covid years.So no problem for city to use this window in my opinion.
I don't think that's the case. For all the spending they've made over the years it's hard to say they went big for individual targets. Their record signing is Dias at £64m which is less than we paid for Maguire anyway.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Looks a lot of people just trying to make themselves feel better. If they win the ucl within the next 3 years and his body gives the year after they will deem the transfer a success.
Exactly. The RvP transfer was a success, even though we only got one top class season followed by one pretty good season out of him. Sometimes you just need that instant impact, and I predict that Kane still has a bit more left in the tank now than Van Persie did at 29.

The fee is bonkers though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
really not bothered to be honest.

i’d be far more worried if they got Haaland.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Crazy fee but at the same time, lucky City! He's quality and will absolutely no doubt make them a better team next year. Still, no need to panic, if we actually add Varane along with Sancho then we've strengthened massively too.

foolsgold

I wouldn’t want us to spend £160m on him. Though if we had a bottomless pit of money like City, why not? Even if he flops (he won’t), they can just spend another £160m on Haaland or whoever next summer.
Even for City it would be an egregious breach of FFP

foolsgold

160m is insanity, it'd probably be a 5 year contract too.

If that's the price then City are welcome to him.

Suv666

The fee is mental but lets not kid ourselves City with Kane would be unstoppable

Judas

Open to offers
It just doesn't really hurt or bother me though, City are already in a league of their own. They just make most football fans feel empty, who can muster up anger about such a hollow little club. If Kane flops it means nothing to them, we see it with that team all the time, just look at their ever changing defence, they just throw more money at an issue every summer, no consequences

8thWonder

I'm convinced Kane, Grealish and Zaha are not changing clubs this summer.
Agreed.

I bet Chelsea ups their game and get haaland now
Add Haaland to the above list as well actually.

And Mbappe. And I'm still tempted to put Pogba in there as well to be honest. My gut feeling is that they'll all stay.

It’s absolutely made up trash of course but I’d love him to go there for £160m. Personally I think he’s done - looked an absolute shadow of his former self at the euros and barely did any running. Even if he’s as good as he ever was (he’s not), he’s still likely to pick up multiple injuries a season so it’s likely he’s not going to be in great shape as he heads towards his 30’s. it would also put City out of the race for Haaland when it seems that next year only us, them, PSG and Chelsea could afford him.
If you were inclined to only judge Kane off the Euros, which coming off his one of his best premier league campaings of his career would be a little strange for me, but if you were, I don't know how anyone could watch the final against Italy and think Kane was done. I genuinely thought he was absolutely brilliant.

City would continue to hoover up domestically for the foreseeable if they go and get Kane imo.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If you were inclined to only judge Kane off the Euros, which coming off his one of his best premier league campaings of his career would be a little strange for me, but if you were, I don't know how anyone could watch the final against Italy and think Kane was done. I genuinely thought he was absolutely brilliant.

City would continue to hoover up domestically for the foreseeable if they go and get Kane imo.
Recency effect in play.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hopefully City will be getting the Kane that looked hopelessly out of shape and confidence in the beginning of the Euro's and not the one after.

Mani

I don't think City would spend 160m, yes they would get him but figure would be closer to 100, 160 is insane figure.

mu4c_20le

I expected them to throw in a player or two, because 160m is insane, and they should be criticized for such reckless spending.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I very much doubt we're spending £160m on Kane, it might be £80m and 2 other players but really can't see us splashing that money when we've never been close to that for 1 player

El Zoido

Even for City it would be an egregious breach of FFP
FFP is a joke, it’s just lip service. The sheik has got to be in £10bn deep with City by now, all things considered. When you have so much money the rules don’t apply, so I doubt they’d have any pause over spending whatever they want.

The Firestarter

Doubt it but still hoping that happens, he is not even remotely worth thst kind of money :lol:

Would dispell the "we dont spend big on one player" notion as well.