Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

croadyman

I don't think City will come close to putting in the fee we would. Can see it being Maguire like in the way it pans out.
What fee do you think we would realistically go to for him then, also could the likes of Jesse, Tony & Donny come into the thinking for any deal as it would at least give us chance to get a CB or RW even if it's not our top targets.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Martial + cash would make so much sense.
  • We know they were previously interested in Martial
  • It would save them overpaying for a new striker
  • It would have them extra cash to invest in a very average squad
  • We could actually then afford the deal.

Ronaldo's Love Child

What fee do you think we would realistically go to for him then, also could the likes of Jesse, Tony & Donny come into the thinking for any deal as it would at least give us chance to get a CB or RW even if it's not our top targets.
It is a strange one. Tottenham rightly will command a hefty fee for Kane but what do they do with a disgruntled striker who doesn't want to play and is priced out of a move?

Reports are that he would prefer to stay in England which narrows potential targets to City, United and Chelsea. He also wants to win something which realistically means City......

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
It has to happen this summer for him. They keep saying that he would not kick up a fuss and that he loves the club but i could see things getting ugly if Levy robs him of his chance to play for a big club.
Not sure Chelsea will already give up on Werner and i think those cash+Martial offers are wet dreams. It has to be City for 120M+

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We’re not in this race. Agents talk to clubs constantly and this won’t have been a snap decision. If we had any intention whatsoever of going in for Kane and he was interested in coming to us, we wouldn’t have renewed Cavani for another year.

It’s going to be City and terms will already be agreed between club and player.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Martial + cash would make so much sense.
  • We know they were previously interested in Martial
  • It would save them overpaying for a new striker
  • It would have them extra cash to invest in a very average squad
  • We could actually then afford the deal.
They wanted Donny too before Ed woke from his slumber.
It has to happen this summer for him. They keep saying that he would not kick up a fuss and that he loves the club but i could see things getting ugly if Levy robs him of his chance to play for a big club.
Not sure Chelsea will already give up on Werner and i think those cash+Martial offers are wet dreams. It has to be City for 120M+
What better player are spurs going to get than Martial? It’s far more likely he wouldn’t want them than vice versa.

theklr

City under PL FFP investigation getting Kane for 120m - 150m after a Covid year? Sceptical especially they never buy one player for that sum .

Kane at City would be a monstrosity, but Pep would need to amend the system that worked so well this season. No doubt he can do it ofcourse, but might be easier to stop them also.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
They wanted Donny too before Ed woke from his slumber.

What better player are spurs going to get than Martial? It’s far more likely he wouldn’t want them than vice versa.
You could get any decent striker from the Bundesliga under 50M and give the new manager some funds to rebuild the rest of the squad which they absolutely need.

theklr

We’re not in this race. Agents talk to clubs constantly and this won’t have been a snap decision. If we had any intention whatsoever of going in for Kane and he was interested in coming to us, we wouldn’t have renewed Cavani for another year.

Could just be hedging our bets, since dealing and getting a price from Levy takes time.At least if Martial is on his way out, having Cavani as backup for Kane is not a bad idea at all seeing he usually goes injured parts of the season + could keep rotating to keep them fresh.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
City under PL FFP investigation getting Kane for 120m - 150m after a Covid year? Sceptical especially they never buy one player for that sum .

Kane at City would be a monstrosity, but Pep would need to amend the system that worked so well this season. No doubt he can do it ofcourse, but might be easier to stop them also.
Pretty sure ffp is dead.

Can't see us going for it after extending Cavani. Would be a dick move.

It feels like if we go for Kane we're just throwing the transfer plans out the window. Kane wont even be as prolific for us as he would for some other teams because he is only getting service from the left side and nothing from the right.
What? Kane can score goals out of nothing, he doesn’t even get that much service at Spurs.

Infestissumam

Covid + Levy + his contract until 2024

I just don't see it all this summer ... there's no way any club will cough up the kind of money that Levy wants. In hindsight, that contract until 2024 was a really dumb move. Sure, things were looking better for them back then, but he severely limited his options during his prime. I think he'll have to stay for one more year ... but he'll be 29 with an injury history then. Not ideal.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Stay one more year Harry. We will sign Sancho this year and you can replace Cavani next year. We will be a complete team by then and you can just fit in like a glove .

Eddy_JukeZ

If you can get Kane, you get him in.

Haaland strikes me as someone similar to Ibra who wants to play a bit in every league. We'd probably have Kane for longer.

theklr

Pretty sure ffp is dead.
They are literally under investigation by PL that doesnt have statue of limitations, which basically screwed Uefa’s case over .

Not saying they will be found guilty or anything, but FFP hasnt changed yet, and if it does its not like its free for all suddenly.

Rolaholic

What? Kane can score goals out of nothing, he doesn’t even get that much service at Spurs.
He can create them out of nothing as well, big reason why Son has become one of the most productive wingers in Europe these last 2 years.

Really is nonsense thinking the best goalscorer in the league wouldn't flourish at United when we've had 34 years old Cavani doing bits for us in the same set up :lol:

I'd put good money on us winning the title and a 25+ goal campaign in the league out of him if we got him

slored1

Does Cavani's new contract means that we even will not try to go for this guy? I hope it does not
You know what the Glazers are like right? Zero chance we spend the money on a striker this summer, unless we sell Martial.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
After a no fans season post covid, I think British record numbers is enough.
But it might come with a player or 2 make weight.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Nonsense.

Cavani can still get plenty of games even with Kane.
He was ready to go back to South America to be closer to family and do you think we convinced him to stay by saying you'll be back up to our new striker we'll bring in?

He'd be well fecked off and rightly so.

He can create them out of nothing as well, big reason why Son has become one of the most productive wingers in Europe these last 2 years.

Really is nonsense thinking the best goalscorer in the league wouldn't flourish at United when we've had 34 years old Cavani doing bits for us I the same set up
Exactly

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Spurs are known admirers of Martial.
They were strongly interested when his contract talks were ongoing a couple of years back.

Now sure Martial is on a good contract with us, reportedly earning 150k a week, but with Kane potentially off their books a swap ,and a likely good fee, may temp them.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Stay one more year Harry. We will sign Sancho this year and you can replace Cavani next year. We will be a complete team by then and you can just fit in like a glove .
There's no time to lose signing Kane.
He's 28 this summer, so it really is now or never.

bond19821982

Nonsense.

Cavani can still get plenty of games even with Kane.
" Can get" is different from what's agreed with Cavani. Let's say we have a CL game and both of them would expect to start. Cavani is not someone who will be fine with playing second fiddle.

If Kane is coming, he will start all games - 100%.

hobbers

I actually think both Lingard and Martial would be good signings for them. Both offer them something different. Could see Lingard, Son and Martial linking up nicely.
Yeah with Lingard going down to London and scoring 9 goals, and Spurs having previous interest in Martial, and both being out of favour at United, it would make a lot of sense for all parties.

The only problem is Martial's currently earning easily double what Levy would want to pay him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Cavani's new contract completely rules us out. The club would have known about Kane wanting to leave before Cavani signed his contract.

Also, can't see Kane taking a risk with this move, City makes far too much for him and City.

Not upset with missing out on this, gives City the league, but we need to think a bit more long term and build a stronger team.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They are literally under investigation by PL that doesnt have statue of limitations, which basically screwed Uefa’s case over .

Not saying they will be found guilty or anything, but FFP hasnt changed yet, and if it does its not like its free for all suddenly.
Ah, well I thought they were basically winding it down anyway, so I doubt they'd pursue City.

El Zoido

Absolutely correct.

And nobody mentioning that he wants to leave Spurs to win trophies, then why would he come to us? Do we think he’s going to make all the difference?

bond19821982

There's no time to lose signing Kane.
He's 28 this summer, so it really is now or never.
Yeah, but I don't want to jeopardize our rebuild because of one player. After so many years, we are slowly getting our shit together and what we need now is a right winger and a defender. With Cavani being extended, I just don't see this happening. :(

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
" Can get" is different from what's agreed with Cavani. Let's say we have a CL game and both of them would expect to start. Cavani is not someone who will be fine with playing second fiddle.

If Kane is coming, he will start all games - 100%.
Cavani signed with Martial having just been our player of the season. He was never and will never be a guaranteed starter. This isn’t football camp - if he’s good enough he’ll get games.

hobbers

Yeah, but I don't want to jeopardize our rebuild because of one player. After so many years, we are slowly getting our shit together and what we need now is a right winger and a defender. With Cavani being extended, I just don't see this happening. :(
Cavani is here for one more season at most, has no bearing at all on any rebuild.

bond19821982

Cavani signed with Martial having just been our player of the season. He was never and will never be a guaranteed starter. This isn’t football camp - if he’s good enough he’ll get games.
And Cavani is good enough. He already proved that this season.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was ready to go back to South America to be closer to family and do you think we convinced him to stay by saying you'll be back up to our new striker we'll bring in?

He'd be well fecked off and rightly so.
If he's playing well, he'll get games. That's my point.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pretty sure ffp is dead.

Can't see us going for it after extending Cavani. Would be a dick move.
Can definitely see us going for it. Squad planning doesn't exist at Man Utd. We've got like half a dozen #8s and one #6. A bunch of inside lefts but no real inside right (although Mason is doing bits out there). Marketing matters more than sense to us. We have proven that over the past eight years. Kane will generate more clicks than Richard Arnold can dream of.