Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

slored1

People said this when Utd added Veron and RvN to the treble-winning team...we won one of the next five titles.

For two and a half years, Liverpool barely lost a football match. Now they are limping into a top four battle going into the last game.
Kane is better than both. Top 5 player in the World and perfectly fits the system at City. He will bang in 45 goals next season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Kane is better than both. Top 5 player in the World and perfectly fits the system at City. He will bang in 45 goals next season.
:lol: in what world is Kane better than Ruud? Ruud has won more than Kane ever will and performed at the absolute top, whilst having bigger injuries.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
:lol: in what world is Kane better than Ruud? Ruud has won more than Kane ever will and performed at the absolute top, whilst having bigger injuries.
Anderson has won more than Gerrard, does that mean he is looked back upon as a better player? Rvp was truly incredible but its not a bad shout to think Kane will go down as one of the greatest PL strikers in history along with him, or higher if he breaks the all time record.

slored1

So you would rather take Cleverley than Gerrard as he won more League titles? Kane has much more to his game than Ruud - it is telling that we won the title in 2006/07 when RVN was chucked off. An amazing goalscorer but Kane gives you so much more than just goals.

wouldn’t be sure about that. RVN didn’t win a great deal with us, and Kane has the potential to break Shearer’s record.

trophies don’t mean anything in terms of how good a player actually is. Clearly there is a correlation on the aggregate - but it’s not a requirement.

Lets compare David May to most other footballers who have played the professional game!

love RVN, but if Kane goes to a big club and plays well for the next 3-4 years any wins things, then he will universally be seen as a better player.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Anderson has won more than Gerrard, does that mean he is looked back upon as a better player? Rvp was truly incredible but its not a bad shout to think Kane will go down as one of the greatest PL strikers in history along with him, or higher if he breaks the all time record.
I'm not just talking about team accolades, he was CL top scorer for 3 years (top assister for one year), our player of the year twice, and in team of the year. All that whilst winning titles.
So you would rather take Cleverley than Gerrard as he won more League titles? Kane has much more to his game than Ruud - it is telling that we won the title in 2006/07 when RVN was chucked off. An amazing goalscorer but Kane gives you so much more than just goals.
Comparing Ruud to Kane as Cleverley to Gerrard is laughable. It's not telling, he went and won it with Real Madrid and we would have won it if he'd stayed as well.

Idxomer

People like to say that but forget Ruud himself won La Liga the same season and was also the top scorer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
wouldn’t be sure about that. RVN didn’t win a great deal with us, and Kane has the potential to break Shearer’s record.

love RVN, but if Kane goes to a big club and plays well for the next 3-4 years any wins things, then he will universally be seen as a better player.
Yeah, until then, Kane's not better than Ruud. Kane has mainly flunked most big games he's been in - there's a fitness argument, but he needs to prove himself at a big team before we start just blithely saying he's better than a forward like Ruud.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Well they clearly are. We’re clear favourites to win one this season. We’ve comfortably finished above them in the league two seasons running and that’s without Kane. With him we’d be considerably better placed to win trophies.
Take of your tinted glasses mate. Do you seriously think that United are that good to have a real shot of winning the PL and/or CL next year? Better than Spurs yeah but if he's leaving to win trophies and he'd be better off going to City to do that. United are barely a better option than spurs. He may win a poxy Europa cup or league cup, I dont think thats what he wants

I do agree that we'd be better placed to do that with Kane but isnt that what he want to get away from?

Woodzy

If Glazers want to prove some sort of a point to the fans then this is how they do it I guess.

Judas

Open to offers
Take of your tinted glasses mate. Do you seriously think that United are that good to have a real shot of winning the PL and/or CL next year? Better than Spurs yeah but if he's leaving to win trophies and he'd be better off going to City to do that. United are barely a better option than spurs. He may win a poxy Europa cup or league cup, I dont think thats what he wants

I do agree that we'd be better placed to do that with Kane but isnt that what he want to get away from?
I just don't get this level of self hatred. One thing to say we probably won't be winning the PL or CL next season, but that sort of waffle is just sad to read from a Utd fan.

Chelsea are in a CL final for heavens sake, its a cup competition, who knows what next season brings anyway.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm not just talking about team accolades, he was CL top scorer for 3 years (top assister for one year), our player of the year twice, and in team of the year. All that whilst winning titles.

Comparing Ruud to Kane as Cleverley to Gerrard is laughable. It's not telling, he went and won it with Real Madrid and we would have won it if he'd stayed as well.
And he played in a much better team. Kane is simply ridiculous on output in what has been a shite Spurs side. It's difficult to blow RvP's trumpet of personal accolades when he was managed by Ferguson and had better players around him. Blindly comparing stats in different eras won't get you anywhere. I think it's important to consider the influence the two players have on their relative sides (which is actually very similar). The way Kane has also evolved his game, and what he brings in build up play for me pips RvP. But they are very much in the same bracket of similar influence - whichever big club has them will probably get the title.

Hughes35

Would be slightly surprised if City goes for him. I think he'll have a Rooney-esque decline rather quickly. They'd be better off signing Haaland. So would everybody IMO.
You may be right but IMO the only similarities between Rooney & Kane is that they are English + excellent.

Kane is way more professional than Rooney and has never been that quick. He's also never been overweight etc. I could easily see Kane still being very good at 34/35.

acnumber9

With Kane added? Yes. fecking Chelsea are in a Champions League final.

Just because City are better than United doesn’t mean we aren’t a considerably better option than Spurs. Nobody’s saying City isn’t a better option, but what you said was fecking stupid and instead of just admitting you exaggerated you double down.

phenry

Ruud won more because he was at bigger clubs. Who is better might be debatable bbit saying its Kane is nothing to laugh at

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You may be right but IMO the only similarities between Rooney & Kane is that they are English + excellent.

Kane is way more professional than Rooney and has never been that quick. He's also never been overweight etc. I could easily see Kane still being very good at 34/35.
While that's true I don't think RvP had that much longevity? And he was nightly professional and not reliant on pace at all.

fergies coat

You were born in 1998 mate, so how can you know how good Ruud was? You've obviously only seen him on YouTube.

IncyWincySpider

If he'd moved to United a couple of years ago I would have been thrilled, but I'm not sure I want us to blow our whole transfer budget on him now. We've got Edi for another year and Mason improving all the time. Strengthen other areas.

Hughes35

While that's true I don't think RvP had that much longevity? And he was nightly professional and not reliant on pace at all.
True but RVP had a tonne of injury hit seasons (way more than Kane before that gets brought up).

Also, RVP had that quite heavy gait which always looked heavy on his body.

Some players last and some don't. I'd be very surprised if Kane wasn't still a top player in 5 seasons at least.

Yeah, until then, Kane's not better than Ruud. Kane has mainly flunked most big games he's been in - there's a fitness argument, but he needs to prove himself at a big team before we start just blithely saying he's better than a forward like Ruud.
you can’t have it both ways. You are comparing someone who has finished their career with someone who is not yet 28, and has potentially years left.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
And he played in a much better team. Kane is simply ridiculous on output in what has been a shite Spurs side. It's difficult to blow RvP's trumpet of personal accolades when he was managed by Ferguson and had better players around him. Blindly comparing stats in different eras won't get you anywhere. I think it's important to consider the influence the two players have on their relative sides (which is actually very similar). The way Kane has also evolved his game, and what he brings in build up play for me pips RvP. But they are very much in the same bracket of similar influence - whichever big club has them will probably get the title.
The better team argument is a bit of a cop out, he's still been in massive games and not performed to the level expected. I agree his overall game is better, but I think there's goals Ruud's scored that Kane couldn't as well. I feel like there's just a recency bias with Kane.
Ruud won more because he was at bigger clubs. Who is better might be debatable bbit saying its Kane is nothing to laugh at
It is when you say it as if it's fact and not an opinion and then go on to say he'll bang 45 goals next season. Of course he won't.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The better team argument is a bit of a cop out, he's still been in massive games and not performed to the level expected. I agree his overall game is better
It's not a cop out. It's a fact. You can't point to title challenging/winning sides and compare to a side that's not even making European football to point a finger to Harry Kane.
Put it this way, if current Jose was managing RvP, I would be surprised if he yielded the same productivity in goals and assist. Kane is a beast. So is RvP, but for me, Kane is better. And there's nothing remotely laughable about it - he's likely to go on to be the all time PL goalscorer for Tottenham no less.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Unfortunately for Kane its going to be very hard for him to get a move pushed through - Its highly likely he will still be at Spurs next season.
Swap deals are not easy to pull off and noone is going to meet Levys valuation.
A great player but uncertain how much longer he will be at that level and will have zero resale value. To me a fair price would be circa 75m and no way Levy will accept that!!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I’d rather he went to City and we signed Haaland next summer.
This!

I do think our priorities are: RW, a CB and a good CDM in the (younger fitter)Matic mould.

If one of those is Sancho, that’s 70m minimum for starters, a CDM if it’s Rice is another 70m, a CB could be another 50/60 unless we find a real quality bargain.
210m outlay.
We should be able to recoup 30m for Jesse, possibly recover our 15m for James.

Kane is a problem as we already have Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood. Factor in Martial, Amad etc, where does he fit in?

Interesting one. It’s a curve ball as Utd and City weren’t expecting this and I do believe our transfer targets have already been identified

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
you can’t have it both ways. You are comparing someone who has finished their career with someone who is not yet 28, and has potentially years left.
But I'm not the one claiming anyone is better than anyone, just that you can't say Kane is better than someone who's had much more successful career.
It's not a cop out. It's a fact. You can't point to title challenging/winning sides and compare to a side that's not even making European football to point a finger to Harry Kane.
Put it this way, if current Jose was managing RvP, I would be surprised if he yielded the same productivity in goals and assist. Kane is a beast. So is RvP, but for me, Kane is better. And there's nothing remotely laughable about it - he's likely to go on to be the all time PL goalscorer for Tottenham no less.
Kane was in a "title challenging" side who bottled it vs Leicester and was in a CL final very recently. So it's not really fact either. Just FYI, was discussing Ruud Van Nistelrooy, not Van Persie. The last comment makes little sense to me as well, considering the all time PL goalscorer scored the majority of his goals for Newcastle.