Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Yorke to Cole

Historically, both Barcelona and Real Madrid enjoy credit bail outs from their respective councils as well as their bargaining power with TV rights. The latter (during the late 90's), the Madrid council sold a training stadium to bail out Madrid when they found themselves in finacial difficulty.

I would never rule out a huge transfer from either those clubs which is why Haaland will be a possibility next summer.

I do however think their a thrust for him to join Manchester City, there just seems to be a momentum going that way.

gajender

its really not the same. Were Liverpool one of the biggest spending clubs in the world?
Somehow clubs like Chelsea , Man city were able to become big attractions when they come into some money but Manchester United one of the biggest Clubs in terms stature and financial might is doomed to eternal irrelevance because we had some lean years why would anybody move here it beggars belief.

Leg-End

You would think City are the clear favourites but there is just that nagging feeling, even Keane a while ago was talking up Kane to United for no apparent reason.

That interview though, that's basically a come and get me plea.

Teja

Imagine if Chelsea get Haaland, City get Kane and we end up with Ings.
And we end up with Sancho rather.

I wouldn't really mind, Chelsea might win one title before they implode, they've done this several times before. People were also shitting their pants when they signed Werner, Havertz, Pulisic etc.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They aren’t within shouting distance of Manchester city. They aren’t competing with them. They’re competing with the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh place teams.
That's the point I was trying to make. They have so little ambition that they'd be prepared to sell their club captain and talisman to the current league champions. You wouldn't see other top four clubs like United, Liverpool, Chelsea doing similar.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Still don't think he is going anywhere this summer. Next summer will be a different matter though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Still don't think he is going anywhere this summer. Next summer will be a different matter though.
Do you think Levy would sell to United (or any top four club) or loan him to City for a season as some of your fans have suggested?

Interval

Level
I'm firmly in the Kane to Madrid camp but why not Liverpool? They have some money and they sorely need a good finisher. He's decent on the ball and the pace of Mane and Salah will only accentuate his strengths

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't think Levy would sell to anybody in England. Also who the hell said LOAN him to City!? :lol:
Various Spurs fans have suggested it on the Mighty ***** forum, plus there's a tweet from a supposed Spurs fan above saying the same.

I agree with you for what it's worth. I don't believe Levy would even consider the option of selling Kane to a top-four club. He'll move abroad if he goes anywhere.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
There is a 100% certainty that he won’t be a penalty taker. We already have one that doesn’t need a replacement. Besides, OGS wouldn’t accept if player’s personal ego contradicts with what is better for the team
I actually think Bruno would be fine giving the penalties away as long as it strengthened the team and made it more likely we'd win titles. Which getting Kane obviously would do. However if Kane then missed a couple of important penalties then the shit might hit the fan (but his record is also very good).

gajender

I don't think Levy would sell to anybody in England. Also who the hell said LOAN him to City!? :lol:
I think if Kane is set on staying in England he would have to maybe not this year but next year, I thought Kane wasn't suppose to try to push for a move publicly either but all noises seem to suggest otherwise .

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I'm firmly in the Kane to Madrid camp but why not Liverpool? They have some money and they sorely need a good finisher. He's decent on the ball and the pace of Mane and Salah will only accentuate his strengths
Madrid will be more likely to go for Haaland or Mbappe rather than Kane.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think if Kane is set on staying in England he would have to maybe not this year but next year, I thought Kane wasn't suppose to try to push for a move publicly either but all noises seem to suggest otherwise .
The club hold the power this summer because of his contract and also the covid financial situation. Next summer though the power will sit with Kane with 2 years left on his contract the pressure will be on.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Liverpool have relied on sales for their big signings. It would be surprising if they came up with the cash.

croadyman

Yeah my heart says we should rival City for him but the head says we should take the much more sensible approach and focus on CB, DM & RW instead maybe even backup RB. I also feel like he wouldn't be as effective without a decent CDM and some quality delivery from the wide areas too.

Last edited:

DeGea

We have not won the league for 8 years. Not sure we will win it next year either. If he isn’t particularly fussed about history, tradition etc, then the sensible bet from his point of view to win something soon is to go to City. Those are the facts.

If City win the Champions League then it will be even more likely he will go to City, as depressing as that may sound.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
And we end up with Sancho rather.

I wouldn't really mind, Chelsea might win one title before they implode, they've done this several times before. People were also shitting their pants when they signed Werner, Havertz, Pulisic etc.
I am hoping that we'll get Sancho but I won't be surprised if we end up with a couple of pound shop signings instead. Everything seem pointing to that direction. The super league had gone tits up, Woodward's puppet had been appointed DOF and he'll be flexing his muscles on some bargain signings, Bailly and Cavani were given contract extensions

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
The club hold the power this summer because of his contract and also the covid financial situation. Next summer though the power will sit with Kane with 2 years left on his contract the pressure will be on.
The contracts are there to ensure both parties' interests are protected, nothing more. Spurs may not have to sell Kane due to the length of his contract, but we don't know what he was promised in private when he signed his last extension.

Also, Kane will be 29 next summer. His potential fee whenever that deal happens will reflect not just how much he's got left on his contract but also his age, his injuries and potential resale value, and the longer Spurs hold onto him, the less they're going to get. Not to mention the negative effect on the team morale if your best player and captain is forced to stay on against his will. No telling how his next season will pan out, either. He may get injured, lose form or just grow indifferent and stop giving a crap.

But most importantly, what do Tottenham/Levi are actually aiming to achieve by keeping Kane for at least another season? A few years ago, during peak Pochettino years it may have looked like Spurs were on the verge of something big, but they never actually won anything. Then some players left, others got old, and new arrivals didn't live up to the expectations. This current squad is clearly not good enough to compete for the top four spot, let alone be a title contender and needs serious cash injection plus rebuild. Kane apparently doesn't want to be a part of it and would rather go somewhere where he can win things now, and who can blame him. Man City is the best place for that at the moment and they can certainly afford to pay the kind of money a player of that caliber is worth.

Reactions: mazhar13

croadyman

You would think City are the clear favourites but there is just that nagging feeling, even Keane a while ago was talking up Kane to United for no apparent reason.

That interview though, that's basically a come and get me plea.
I mentioned this a couple of days ago but he probably was more confident then as he thought Edi was leaving

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A few performances like the last game and you might wish you'd trousered the 80m and re-invested it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They don't though. They made their VD and Allison signings based off that ludicrous Coutinho fee.
They're looking at 40-50m max top end these days, unless they pull off a silly sale again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
29 next summer, time to get out the slippers.
I can see it now.
Signs for us for 135m plus Martial, and first game of the season we start getting nervous that we've signed a fairly cumbersome slow guy who just wants to sit in the centre circle and spray balls wide. :lol: :nervous:

As his goals drop to single figures without pens, and being rotated with Cavani and Ings.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he signs for City, my fpl is screwed. He was one of consistent goal scorer in my team

Teja

But most importantly, what do Tottenham/Levi are actually aiming to achieve by keeping Kane for at least another season? A few years ago, during peak Pochettino years it may have looked like Spurs were on the verge of something big, but they never actually won anything. Then some players left, others got old, and new arrivals didn't live up to the expectations. This current squad is clearly not good enough to compete for the top four spot, let alone be a title contender and needs serious cash injection plus rebuild.
Agree with this bit but it's still a huge risk. If they get it wrong they'll be set back by at least 5-10 years. Barca did this with the Neymar money and I'm sure Spurs are more than capable of screwing up as well (remember the Bale money? Eriksen, Chadli, Paulinho, Capoue, Lamela Soldado -- all very highly rated back then)

EDIT

I guess my point was their rebuild will be a heck of a lot simpler if they can just keep Kane / Son together and invest a bit on RW, RB etc.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If he signs for City, my fpl is screwed. He was one of consistent goal scorer in my team
:lol:

Yeah, and in everybody else's team. This seems to be some sort of side-effect of him scoring lots of goals in actual football.

RedDevilzFox

Part of me wants to get him, but then reality and our history of doing stupid business strikes.

Guy is 28 with frequent injury issues. It will take an arm and a leg to buy him, not to mention hefty salary he will command. With our luck, he will ride the medical bench more often than not and we'd be back to blaming the new 'woodward' for buying him in the first place. All the fans will conveniently forget they were the ones asking for him in the first place.

Even Real Madrid must be smarting from the hazard business at this point and might steer clear of this one.

croadyman

Just a quick question to our fans who want to sign him do you not worry about the lack of supply line behind him

AgentSmith

Just a quick question to our fans who want to sign him do you not worry about the lack of supply line behind him
Kane’s got the most goals and assists in the league playing with Højbjerg and Ndombele behind him. He’d be a monster in our team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd be massively worried at his tendency to spend more time pissing about on the half way line by the game.
By the time next season comes round he'll have a permanent home there.

Varun

Staff
Erm, Rashford Pogba Bruno Greenwood. Now compare that to who Kane has feeding him at Spurs while being top of both goals and assists charts

croadyman

Erm, Rashford Pogba Bruno Greenwood. Now compare that to who Kane has feeding him at Spurs while being top of both goals and assists charts
I know it sounds crazy but would be fully on board IF by some miracle we got Varane too but no chance we could afford both

madzo2007

We signed a much less prolific, injury prone 29 year old in Robin van Persie and he won us the league.

Kane only turns 28 this summer, if he's available and wants to come its too big an opportunity to turn down.