Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

el3mel

Think he'll stay and see what the team will look like under Conte. Pretty sure they're bringing him just to convince Kane they're serious about trying to win something.

jlecesne

He will stay if nobody meets Levy's valuation - until next summer anyway then he will 100% leave because he will only have 2 years left on the contract.
If he stays another year it gives us a better shot right? Cavani will be moving on, we’ve probably got other targets this summer and won’t be able to afford them all in one window.

Maybe also give us a chance to put together a really strong season and convince him that if he comes we can be one of the best sides in Europe.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If he stays another year it gives us a better shot right? Cavani will be moving on, we’ve probably got other targets this summer and won’t be able to afford them all in one window.

Maybe also give us a chance to put together a really strong season and convince him that if he comes we can be one of the best sides in Europe.
:lol: yeah, or you fall behind and don't have a chance? This is once apon a time stuff.

Judas

Open to offers

We want Haaland over Kane. If we can't get Kane this summer (which we won't) all our focus will be on Haaland next summer I think.

Dominos

If City pay up(they will), he will move.
I think people overestimate City's spending power. They have pulled out of deals before because of absurd transfer fees - Magure, Koulibaly etc.

Their current record transfer stands at around £60m. We've yet to see them splash out £100+m on a single player, and that's what it will take to get Levy's interest.

I suspect both Haaland and Kane will be forced to stay this summer, which is probably good for us as it stops City/Chelsea getting them. We can focus on other areas (Sancho, CB, CM, RB) and hopefully we can win the race for Haaland next summer.

el3mel

Eh can't really see United paying +100m for any player, Kane or not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Same as I’ve been saying. Think the same question applies at United.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Grealish and Sancho are wide players though.
Well Grealish can play centrally and even technically playing “wide” they both drift. Kane dropping deep condenses their space. If you play Kane you need a runner like Rashford/Sterling for me. I say if you play Kane...obviously you play Kane. Unfortunately Rashford isn’t fit and Sterling is in horrific form.

littleman

Great footballer, poor businessman. Trying to get out of Spurs will be difficult, and at 28, this is his peak. Really dumb decision signing that super long contract.

redshaw

Does seem like Levy will try to hang on to Harry for one to two years. Letting Harry go for 100m will probably be a big admittance there's no coming back to top 4 for a while. I thought Conte was a very good move but doesn't seem likely now. Levy is scrambling to rectify the manager situation, I doubt he'll admit defeat yet.

All comes back to Harry signing a 6 year deal. If he wanted 4 years or even 3 would Spurs say no? I don't think so. Even a CL clause would help.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Great footballer, poor businessman. Trying to get out of Spurs will be difficult, and at 28, this is his peak. Really dumb decision signing that super long contract.
Why do we use 28 as a peak? Kane isn't a speed merchant, he wont get slower he has IMO another 4 years at the *peak* of his abilities. Its lazy analysis.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Harry Kane still has some years on his contract. Unless a club offers a ridiculous amount, Levy won't sell. I can easily see Kane staying at Spurs beyond 30.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Reported currently that Levy wants 150 million, preferably in cash (they have a stadium to pay back after all)

I don't see anyone paying that, tbh. Maybe we will as a panic buy if our other targets fall through.

Reported currently that Levy wants 150 million, preferably in cash (they have a stadium to pay back after all)

I don't see anyone paying that, tbh. Maybe we will as a panic buy if our other targets fall through.
no one is paying it.

Kane has made his bed… let’s see how he reacts.

Levy will drag this out all summer to the detriment of the club. He has a blind spot. He focuses too much on hiking up fees and misses the bigger picture.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think people overestimate City's spending power. They have pulled out of deals before because of absurd transfer fees - Magure, Koulibaly etc.

Their current record transfer stands at around £60m. We've yet to see them splash out £100+m on a single player, and that's what it will take to get Levy's interest.

I suspect both Haaland and Kane will be forced to stay this summer, which is probably good for us as it stops City/Chelsea getting them. We can focus on other areas (Sancho, CB, CM, RB) and hopefully we can win the race for Haaland next summer.
They have a few players at the right profile of age and experience that they could sell for a decent sum this summer, though. Jesus and Sterling alone could easily fetch them around £100m or so. After that, there's been rumours that Laporte is unhappy, and Mahrez isn't safe from the potential chopping block.

I could see them binning 3 of those for a good price and replacing them with Kane, Grealish, and probably another fullback for Pep.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
no one is paying it.

Levy will drag this out all summer to the detriment of the club. He has a blind spot. He focuses too much on hiking up fees and misses the bigger picture.
The club is a shambles from top to bottom right now, I hope Paratici is allowed to put his own stamp on the club, I doubt he will have free reign though.

Nights

Levy is as deluded with his valuation as Dortmund were last year with Sancho.
No one is paying that in the Covid era unless it’s a clone of Messi/Rinaldo.

redshaw

Doubt it will happen but if Chelsea get Haaland for 150-170m would that prompt City to break policy and spend 150m on Kane. Could see a huge oil club battle take place if this FFP is going or gone now.

Dominos

Levy is as deluded with his valuation as Dortmund were last year with Sancho.
No one is paying that in the Covid era unless it’s a clone of Messi/Rinaldo.
That's kind of the point isn't it? He doesn't want to sell this summer. And Dortmund didn't want to sell last summer. So they put an inflated valuation on the player which means either the player stays (good), or is sold for an unreasonably large fee above (silver lining). It's not "delusion", it's business.

crossy1686

career ending
Doubt it will happen but if Chelsea get Haaland for 150-170m would that prompt City to break policy and spend 150m on Kane. Could see a huge oil club battle take place if this FFP is going or gone now.
Chelsea are never going to pay that for Haaland and Kane won't leave this summer

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
no one is paying it.

Levy doesn’t have blind spots - he’s the longest serving Chairman in the Premier League because he’s extremely good at his job.
You should stick his name into wiki and have a look at the basics of his CV.
Amongst many other business accomplishments, he’s the bloke who squeezed Alan Sugar out of Spurs.

I see a lot of hate thrown at Levy but it’s always because he’s awesome at his job, very difficult to do business with, never suffers an outcome that’s not on his terms (which are always the terms that best manage the interests of Spurs as a business under the circumstances at the time).

I don’t like the guy, but love him or hate him, only someone who knows absolutely nothing about managing a business could accuse him of having a blind spot of any description.

jackal&hyde

Chelsea are never going to pay that for Haaland and Kane won't leave this summer
It seems that way, too much money. Like a poster above said though, it is possible we could do a panic move if we fail again with Sancho.