Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They can have Kanye. He’ll be done by 30 I suspect. We need to get Haaland though, far better suited to whatever it is we are trying to do.

Ronaldo's Love Child

United have too many broken parts in our first team for me to feel comfortable spunking over £ 100 million on one player. City are practically the finished article (similar to the Liverpool team of the 90's). They only need to add 1 player a season to maintain dominance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
United have too many broken parts in our first team for me to feel comfortable spunking over £ 100 million on one player. City are practically the finished article (similar to the Liverpool team of the 90's). They only need to add 1 player a season to maintain dominance.
But that appears to be United’s ethos in general. We seem to constantly be looking for the player who will ‘elevate us’ and win us the league. I put this down to Cantona, and we have been chasing it ever since.

SeanyC

Can't decide if I want him to flop at this Euros so his value drop but it is almost certain he will go to City so I'd rather they pay a ridiculous fee for him.
Regardless if he has a bad Euros, Levy will play hardball on this, no way he goes for less that €115million.

SeanyC

Just thinking, Kane to city and Haaland to Chelsea, who the hell do we buy then…Martinez from Inter perhaps?

NFM

Liverpool were not dominant in the 90s, United were. Pehaps you mean't the 80s?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just thinking, Kane to city and Haaland to Chelsea, who the hell do we buy then…Martinez from Inter perhaps?
Mason Greenwood would have to be our hope. If not, another will be along within a few years. But there is potential that Mase could match that level of centre forward.

Cloud7

Wouldn't believe a word coming out of Peps mouth even if I were his father :lol:
He would sign them both and then play Gundogan as a false 9 in the champions league final with both of them as wing backs:lol:

Redcy

United will be in for whatever young english striker doesnt fit our system presumably

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Presume you mean the 80s? Bearing in mind they just about scraped a single 90s title and then embarked on a 30 year barren spell?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Two of Sterling/Mahrez/Laporte in addition to 60-70 mil cash for Kane would be a better deal for Spurs than for City actually.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Two of Sterling/Mahrez/Laporte in addition to 60-70 mil cash for Kane would be a better deal for Spurs than for City actually.
Any deal that see's Kane go to City would be absolutely dynamite for them. It'd be like if we had managed to sign Shearer back in the 90's. As good as the other three are (Sterling debatable), City can find replacements.

Laporte and Mahrez would be very good additions to Tottenhams first team though.

Hughes35

Any deal that see's Kane go to City would be absolutely dynamite for them. It'd be like if we had managed to sign Shearer back in the 90's. As good as the other three are (Sterling debatable), City can find replacements.

Laporte and Mahrez would be very good additions to Tottenhams first team though.
If they could get Sterling and Laporte that would be absolutely great business for Spurs IMO.

Much more useful to them than 150million.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Fairly certain the price for Haaland alone will be pretty near 210m Euro at this point. If Dortmund sell this summer it is only going to be for a massive fee.
Pretty sure he would only cost around 75m next summer though when his clause kicks in.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm not sure - like so many on here - that City getting Kane means everyone can just pack up and go home. Does he fit their system? How will flogging all those players in part-exchange affect the dressing room? Not to mention Kane's injury history, and how that's affected him.

I'm not saying he isn't a top class player, which he obviously is, just that it isn't so cut and dry. If this were Mbappe I'd see it differently, but even with Haaland, I'd think the same, as in, does he fit their extremely specific system?

Quite a lot of defeatist takes on this whole thing. I'd quite like to see City spend +100m on a player, not least with Pep saying it's not all about money, whilst he's got the most expensively assembled squad in the world with a bench good enough to secure a CL place. This will of course increase the pressure and will he continue to navigate the CL knockouts blindfolded as he chooses?

Whether we're building a top team or not is really the only concern. As it is, we're quite far from it. And Kane and Haaland aren't the only means to do so.

Gandalf

Pretty sure he would only cost around 75m next summer though when his clause kicks in.
Agreed but if you want him this summer then you can double that at least. If they sell him they probably don't get CL football next year and that is a massive loss of revenue, they will keep him until the clause kicks in unless they get offered stupid money.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Levy starting to play his usual b/s games... he does as much damage to Spurs as Woodarse has done to United

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Agreed but if you want him this summer then you can double that at least. If they sell him they probably don't get CL football next year and that is a massive loss of revenue, they will keep him until the clause kicks in unless they get offered stupid money.
It really depends whether they would make more money from CL football next year, or from the additional money they would get if sell him this summer.

el3mel

They can have Kanye. He’ll be done by 30 I suspect. We need to get Haaland though, far better suited to whatever it is we are trying to do.
Yean Kanye will be a shit signing for them. Kane won't though.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I can'5 imagine those players would agree to drop down to Spurs' level, surely!
Not likely, but not impossible and Kane moving would free up wages for new top earners.
London is a great city to live for rich people. And they have won it all apart from CL at City so if Pep can’t guarantee these players regular football they might indeed be willing to consider Spurs.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Claims about Kane being done by 30 are just wishful thinking I'm afraid.

Closer to retirement than Haaland obviously but when healthy there's nothing that indicates he wouldn't be a success for City or any other top team. Specifically at City, apparently every player only looks good because of the other players around them, or some magical system (yeah, make that make sense), now I'm supposed to believe that black magic would be applicable to Kane? Right, ok.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Not likely, but not impossible and Kane moving would free up wages for new top earners.
London is a great city to live for rich people. And they have won it all apart from CL at City so if Pep can’t guarantee these players regular football they might indeed be willing to consider Spurs.
I agree with this. Now whether City would be willing to let so many players go to get Kane, is another question.

el3mel

If it was for Caf we wouldn't have signed RVP in 2012 because he was 29 and close to retirement, should have stuck with Welbeck as main striker for the next season instead.

el3mel

Anyway I think this will be a great offer and I'm not sure why Levy would want to refuse it. They get 2 good players + 100m to add to their budget so they spend more on the team. Win-win for both parties to be totally honest.

Offside!

Supports
Exeter City
I can't believe that people on here give credence to the bullshit on twitter about City swapping players with Spurs to get Kane.

Firstly the City players mentioned are without doubt on way more money than Spurs would be willing to pay and secondly why would any of them want to swap the PL Champions for Spurs who have no manager and currently no chance of competing for honours.

It's all bullshit. City will either have to stump up the cash that Levy demands or Kane is going nowhere. My money is on the latter.

I don't see any massive fees (£100m+) being paid in this window. All clubs are suffering the effects of the pandemic.

Reactions: Jippy