Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Levy probably had his fingers crossed when he agreed to letting him go this summer so it's void.
Even in the unlikely event that he "agreed" to it, it'd have come with a "market price" transfer fee caveat.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I think circumstances changed within those three years. When he signed the deal the club was on an upward trajectory and the club sold him on an ambitious project which has since come crumbling down. You're right he probably should have moved last time, but I don't blame a 24 year old for believing Levi's ambition for the club, a club he loves. That illusion has now shattered though. If I were him I'd basically be done with Spurs too.
It’s Spurs. I think people need to always remember that when joining them or signing contracts. The club simply won’t ever reach the top.

RonaldoVII

Think there's next to no chance that Kane doesn't return to Spurs and gives it his all. He wants to beat Shearer's record so he won't want to lose a season spitting his dummy out.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I am so glad we aren't getting properly linked with him - he looked so cumbersome in the Euros.

I know he picks up injuries that affect him for relatively long periods of time and he always seems to shrug them off eventually and I appreciate he is one of the best in the world at what he does but I don't think he is what we need even though we need a striker soon.

His fee would be a total no go area for me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Don't think that is fair really I never think of Kane as lazy he usually busts a gut - when fit which isn't always.
I don't think the fitness point is fair either. Look at how many games he missed last season.

Posh Red

I think circumstances changed within those three years. When he signed the deal the club was on an upward trajectory and the club sold him on an ambitious project which has since come crumbling down. You're right he probably should have moved last time, but I don't blame a 24 year old for believing Levi's ambition for the club, a club he loves. That illusion has now shattered though. If I were him I'd basically be done with Spurs too.
He can’t have it both ways though. If he made the wrong decisions and didn’t consider his choices well enough then he shouldn’t expect someone else to take the hit for him. Maybe he should start by submitting a formal transfer request.

redshaw

I expect him to be refreshed and looking like he did last season for Spurs. Would help him and England if he could be used a bit more sparingly so he's fitter for cup games like the CL final, League cup final and England but will be interesting to see if this extra sluggishness is a sign. Looked like he was wading through water a one point.

Matthew84!

He will stay at Spurs, he's not one to go on strike or anything. If I was a betting man I'd say it'll come out he's signing another new contract with a pay rise to keep him there for life.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Any player sitting down with levy to sign a new contract needs to do their prep beforehand.

That mainly should involve -

a) studying carefully and in deep detail chiellini’s ‘history of the Tottenham’ interview (philosopher-king, that man)

b) having a brief chat with modric, bale etc to apprise himself of how a contract signed with levy is a contract signed in blood no matter what the man says

c) listening to hotel California on a loop

Wilt

He will stay at Spurs, he's not one to go on strike or anything. If I was a betting man I'd say it'll come out he's signing another new contract with a pay rise to keep him there for life.
Good job you’re not a betting man.

Flytan

I want him to stay on Tottenham. It's a risky transfer for whichever club buys him but if it's city or Chelsea they'll just spend the same money on a different player the next window to replace him.. If it's us we'd be dealing with the financial consequences for a few years

Mindhunter

He is in a real mess because of covid. No one will pay what Levy will demand for him unfortunately. Of course there wasn’t a way he could predict this would happen but that’s one of the reasons why you shouldn’t enter into a long-term contract. He wanted to take the money and the stability on offer so he should shut up now and fulfil it. Throwing toys out of his pram isn’t going to help.

When he signed, Poch was doing great, Spurs were building a shiny new stadium, and Kane was literally running the place. It’s a tough call to say no to all of that and move to an unknown team at 25 playing with an unknown manager in an unknown system. Kane has been with Spurs forever so it’s not like he has had an experience of moving clubs/countries frequently.

Wilt

I’d take him in a heart beat.

He‘s better than anyone we have at the club currently and would be a genuine game changer for Utd. Which ever club he ends up at, it’s virtually certain he’ll be increasing his goal tally.

Utd are very unlikely to match City’s £100m offer, so it’ll be up to Chelsea if they can temp *Levy.

* I reckon Levy would sell to Chelsea if the offer was right.

Revan

Assumptionman
Any player sitting down with levy to sign a new contract needs to do their prep beforehand.

That mainly should involve -

a) studying carefully and in deep detail chiellini’s ‘history of the Tottenham’ interview (philosopher-king, that man)

b) having a brief chat with modric, bale etc to apprise himself of how a contract signed with levy is a contract signed in blood no matter what the man says

c) listening to hotel California on a loop
:lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
I want him to stay on Tottenham. It's a risky transfer for whichever club buys him but if it's city or Chelsea they'll just spend the same money on a different player the next window to replace him.. If it's us we'd be dealing with the financial consequences for a few years
Chelsea have been spending less than us (both salaries and signing fees) since SAF left.

City, sure.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Never ceases to amaze me that players haven‘t learnt this lesson a decade or two ago.

I mean I know they’re not the sharpest tools in the box, but surely you don’t need more than a handful of brain cells to clock that any contract signed with levy needs to be kept to a maximum of 3 years with a buyout clause?

From my perspective it’s criminal that a player as good as Son will see out his career at Spurs. Or that Harry Kane will be 30+ before he’s allowed to leave?

Levy just needs to stop with all the pretence. Just build a damn Berlin Wall around his bit of north London and post guards with guns. Then let’s see you fecking cnuts trying to climb that wall and trying to flee to the etihad.

Siezard

Kane moves too slowly and he always disappear in big games. Look at how Spurs always choke in the final or how Spurs always disappear in the Champ league or Fa Cup knockout stages. Last season's assist stats was more of some lucky breaks or mainly some good fast running by Son.

He only offers a marginal improvement over Chelsea's existing strikeforce but will likely go injure or disappear in clutch games anyway. Never won a team trophy before. Even Son won an Asian cup or something.

Sorry to say but Kane cause England to fail in the final due to his lack of enthusiasm and leadership. He also did not exert much pressure on the italian players when they had the ball.

Last edited:

flappyjay

Kane moves too slowly and he always disappear in big games. Look at how Spurs always choke in the final or how Spurs always disappear in the Champ league or Fa Cup knockout stages. Last season's assist stats was more of some lucky breaks or mainly some good fast running by Son.

He only offers a marginal improvement over Chelsea's existing strikeforce but will likely go injure or disappear in clutch games anyway. Never won a team trophy before. Even Son won an Asian cup or something.

Sorry to say but Kane cause England to fail in the final due to his lack of enthusiasm and leadership. He also did not exert much pressure on the italian players when they had the ball.
Go check what the Chelsea strikers did last season then give your head a wobble. Then when you are done with that check Kanes stats against the top six. He would instantly take them up a level they are a team crying out for a goal scorer.

romufc

Just because he hasn't won a trophy he is not world class? come off it will ya?

Goes missing in big games? Go check his record in the North London Derby, he is the current holder of the world cup golden boot.

Go check how many goals / assists he has got in the last 5 seasons regularly. Judging him on the Euros performance only then?

Siezard

Just because he hasn't won a trophy he is not world class? come off it will ya?

Goes missing in big games? Go check his record in the North London Derby, he is the current holder of the world cup golden boot.

Go check how many goals / assists he has got in the last 5 seasons regularly. Judging him on the Euros performance only then?
He scored mainly against weak nations in the world cup and Euro. A lot of penalties or games already won before he scored.

Against Arsenal, he scored mostly penalties. Nothing fantastic.

romufc

He scored mainly against weak nations in the world cup and Euro. A lot of penalties or games already won before he scored.

Against Arsenal, he scored mostly penalties. Nothing fantastic.
You still have to score the goals right?

Also are you also suggesting that 20 Goals 20 assists are mostly pens?

In the PL he scored:

20/21 - 4 pens
19/20 - 2 pens
18/9 - 4 pens

But he mostly scores pens? 4/20 PL goals = Most pens is it?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

In the PL he scored:

20/21 - 4 pens
19/20 - 2 pens
18/9 - 4 pens

You cant argue with stupid man, don't bother, I don't bother anymore its simply a waste of time. Harry's record speaks for its self people have doubted it and doubted it but yet he delivers season after season.

Mr Smith

It seems some people was sleeping last couple of years and woke up just before the Euro.
This. Mad how quickly some are forgetting last season in particular. Not saying there aren't legitimate injury concerns (and he has a record of having his poorest seasons immediately after international tournaments), but this talk of him being finished is astounding.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

In the PL he scored:

20/21 - 4 pens
19/20 - 2 pens
18/9 - 4 pens

Not really what the poster said, is it?

Scoring is better than not scoring you could say, but he has been very underwhelming at the WC and Euro's despite scoring like 8/9 goals? Still impressive to score that amount but not convinced by his performances at all.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Scoring is better than not scoring you could say, but he has been very underwhelming at the WC and Euro's despite scoring like 8/9 goals? Still impressive to score that amount but not convinced by his performances at all.
I think he problem is how England is set up to play, I wasn't convinced by many of the England's performances despite getting to the final. Playing constantly with 2 defending minds and no number 9, Stirling having a free role to try and create something more by his speed and trickery rather than any real design.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think he problem is how England is set up to play, I wasn't convinced by many of the England's performances despite getting to the final.
Wouldn't be surprised. I was mainly just impressed with the defenders if I'm being honest. Over the past 2 tournaments sometimes Phillips, Lingard, Grealish, Sancho, Sterling played well but Southgate definitely doesnt get the most out of that squad performance wise.

But even then, I thought Kane was really poor and should be doing much better for a captain and player of his calibre.

romufc

So does that mean scoring goals against lesser opponents ? makes you a bad player?

I tell you what, I bet everyone would have loved to have Kane against Iceland in the last Euros.

Also, the poster did say most of Kanes goals against Arsenal and bigger clubs come as penalties.

It's quite funny how people downplay his goals.

He is 6th on the list of most England goals, are you saying that Owen, Rooney all played against harder oppositions all the time?

He is England highest scorer in major tournaments.

foolsgold

Never ceases to amaze me that players haven‘t learnt this lesson a decade or two ago.

I mean I know they’re not the sharpest tools in the box, but surely you don’t need more than a handful of brain cells to clock that any contract signed with levy needs to be kept to a maximum of 3 years with a buyout clause?
It's a double edged sword though, longer deals offers security. A player is only ever one bad day away from the end of their career, look at Christian Eriksson or dare i say, Phil Jones.

Longer deals may limit freedom of action, but they can give financial security for life.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
So does that mean scoring goals against lesser opponents ? makes you a bad player?

I tell you what, I bet everyone would have loved to have Kane against Iceland in the last Euros.

Also, the poster did say most of Kanes goals against Arsenal and bigger clubs come as penalties.

It's quite funny how people downplay his goals.

He is 6th on the list of most England goals, are you saying that Owen, Rooney all played against harder oppositions all the time?

He is England highest scorer in major tournaments.
I didnt mention lesser opponents and no it obviously doesnt mean that.

No the poster was speaking of just Arsenal, a lot of penalties. And that most of his goals for England at tournaments were either or and vs smaller countries, non important goals, or penalties.

I dont think anyone is really downplaying his goals and no one is saying Rooney/Owen played against harder opposition all the time. However I think it looks like his numbers of goals scored makes you think he's been awesome, others would say despite his number of goals scored, he hasnt been.

Siezard

Okay I was too harsh on Kane. Maybe it was due to his performance in the final where he and Sterling didn't run enough and exert pressure on the italian defenders. But it could also be that Kane knew he would play the full 120 min and be expected to take the penalty so he was conserving energy.

Anyway, no doubt Kane is a lethal finisher and he has also started to become more of an assist-maker. He almost made an assist to Stones in the final. So overall, if Kane stays injury-free, he should be able to get decent number of goals.

yamo123x

City remain favourites, but wouldnt rule out Chelsea.

With us retaining Cavani for another year i see us going all out for Haaland next year...and most likely failing

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
City remain favourites, but wouldnt rule out Chelsea.

With us retaining Cavani for another year i see us going all out for Haaland next year...and most likely failing
Chelsea will sign anyone even mbappe for 300 mn but not Kane. Levy will not sell him to chelsea now. Levy already alienated many Spurs fans since sacking poch if he sold kane to chelsea then he will surely quit Spurs job in my opinion.

Spurs fans will never forgive him if he try to sell kane to chelsea.

TheRedHearted

Chelsea will sign anyone even mbappe for 300 mn but not Kane. Levy will not sell him to chelsea now. Levy already alienated many Spurs fans since sacking poch if he sold kane to chelsea then he will surely quit Spurs job in my opinion.

Spurs fans will never forgive him if he try to sell kane to chelsea.
I’m curious as to why Mbappe isn’t being linked to City. Is it because it’s been said he won’t be sold?