Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Threesus

I’m curious as to why Mbappe isn’t being linked to City. Is it because it’s been said he won’t be sold?
Don’t Qataris have beef with the UAE? I don’t think they will like the idea of their crown jewel ending up at City.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
I’m curious as to why Mbappe isn’t being linked to City. Is it because it’s been said he won’t be sold?
12 months to go, if Mbappe holds his nerve and refuses to sign a new deal PSG are going to take a huge hit. Surely PSG will know by now what Mbappes intentions are, if he's made his mind up to leave then it'd be worth them selling now, they'd still get £80m+ i'd imagine.

To be honest i can just see Madrid pulling out the joker next season and getting Mbappe AND Haaland for a combined £65m

RuudTom83

12 months to go, if Mbappe holds his nerve and refuses to sign a new deal PSG are going to take a huge hit. Surely PSG will know by now what Mbappes intentions are, if he's made his mind up to leave then it'd be worth them selling now, they'd still get £80m+ i'd imagine.

To be honest i can just see Madrid pulling out the joker next season and getting Mbappe AND Haaland for a combined £65m
Add Pogba and all 3 for 65 million would be a complete steal.

TheRedHearted

If he’s got a year left Ole should really go all in for him. Unless he’s got assurance we will bid highest for Haaland.
Don’t Qataris have beef with the UAE? I don’t think they will like the idea of their crown jewel ending up at City.
That may be so. I’ve no idea. But if they bid higher than anyone else I couldn’t see that stopping them.

JakeTheRed

Add Pogba and all 3 for 65 million would be a complete steal.
If they're having to offload players like Varane, Vinicius, Isco, etc etc. due to the new rule in the Spanish league regarding wages, then how on earth would they sign Mbappe, Haaland & Pogba? If players go on a free, they always demand more wage. ??? Literally makes no sense, unless they play with a team consisting of 3 players (the ones aforementioned)

Kaos

Why any world class player would sign a long term contract for Daniel Levy is beyond me. I'd understand if it were Harry Winks or Eric Dier, but for someone like Kane entering the peak of his career is peak stupidity. Him throwing his toys out the pram isn't going to him any favours either - if he has an underwhelming season then there's no guarantee the likes of City will be back in for him with a big money deal, not when the likes of Haaland and Mbappe are potentially available next summer.

romufc

Why any world class player would sign a long term contract for Daniel Levy is beyond me. I'd understand if it were Harry Winks or Eric Dier, but for someone like Kane entering the peak of his career is peak stupidity. Him throwing his toys out the pram isn't going to him any favours either - if he has an underwhelming season then there's no guarantee the likes of City will be back in for him with a big money deal, not when the likes of Haaland and Mbappe are potentially available next summer.
Kane got sold a dream, they had Poch looking like they can challenge, CL final, new stadium, the club sent out vibes as if they want to challenge for trophies.

Spend money that summer on Ndombole and the like, then he realised he made a huge mistake and got caught in the Spurs purple patch storm.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Chelsea will sign anyone even mbappe for 300 mn but not Kane. Levy will not sell him to chelsea now. Levy already alienated many Spurs fans since sacking poch if he sold kane to chelsea then he will surely quit Spurs job in my opinion.

Spurs fans will never forgive him if he try to sell kane to chelsea.
If Kane signed for you lot, it wouldn't be Levy who would be getting the hate as much as Harry himself.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Probably it's because you can't win psg owners by showing them money.
If Kane signed for you lot, it wouldn't be Levy who would be getting the hate as much as Harry himself.
I knew for sure you Spurs fans will take hit of 20-30 mn of kane s value than selling to chelsea for those extra 20-30 mn. There is no point in thinking about those situation. It will not happen.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
If they're having to offload players like Varane, Vinicius, Isco, etc etc. due to the new rule in the Spanish league regarding wages, then how on earth would they sign Mbappe, Haaland & Pogba? If players go on a free, they always demand more wage. ??? Literally makes no sense, unless they play with a team consisting of 3 players (the ones aforementioned)
Varane, Ramos, Bale, Modric will be off the books by next summer in terms of huge wages

flappyjay

Marcelo, Bale and i think iscos contracts will end next June.

Jam

I think it’s one of those cases where the players intentions are set in stone and known between clubs

Mbappe is going to Madrid, no where else.

Same reason why Messi (this summer) wasn’t linked with anyone realistically despite him being a free agent. Because he was going to re-sign with Barce.

No one else was in for Sancho really last year or this; because the player was always staying at Dortmund or going to United.

iKnowNothing

Other than the reasons already mentioned, the wage rule isn’t exactly new and it’s tied to revenue. In this past season revenue went down, so did the wage cap. If in the upcoming season, the revenue goes up, then the cap goes up too.

Madrid aren’t spending big this year, so I guys they’ll have a blast in the next summer window, especially given other wages (Bale!) will be off their books.

JakeTheRed

Other than the reasons already mentioned, the wage rule isn’t exactly new and it’s tied to revenue. In this past season revenue went down, so did the wage cap. If in the upcoming season, the revenue goes up, then the cap goes up too.

Madrid aren’t spending big this year, so I guys they’ll have a blast in the next summer window, especially given other wages (Bale!) will be off their books.
Thanks for the insight, as I don't have a great understanding of it myself!

It seems like they have a lot of players they can offload due to high wages (low performance e.g. Bale) &or players getting towards the latter stages of their career (e.g. Ramos & potentially Modric).

As you mentioned if they go gungho next summer (and potentially future summers) we may see Real with a completely different squad. Scary to think who they might pick up.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Id be more than happy to bid for Kane. Clinical finisher who can drop deep and make great passes and assists. This summer is probably last chance saloon for him to go to a big club given he is turning 29 next summer and Levy would still be looking for a big fee in 12 months.
As for all the Haaland talk - I just cant see it. Raiola as an agent - his mentor fjortoft said Liverpool would be a good fit and united means leeds to him - he is a leeds fan. Its pie in the sky and can only see him at Real with City/Liverpool having an outside chance.
Forget Haaland. Get Kane!

Rolaholic

160m quid can't be right, thought dear Pep was just bemoaning crazy fees for strikers a few weeks ago :lol: :rolleyes:

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Terrible source.
But I'm sure Spurs would sell for 160m, if City actually offer that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

160m quid can't be right, thought dear Pep was just bemoaning crazy fees for strikers a few weeks ago :lol: :rolleyes:
Unbelievable fee. Great player but not worth that amount simply because I’m not sure how sturdy he is going forward with some of the injuries that he’s had. If I was City I’d be sticking that £160 million towards Haland.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

That's the kind of journalist we are dealing with here. :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Source: The Sun (someone from the showbiz section as well)
Fee: £160m
Wage: £400k a week

how many more red flags do you need?

kidbob

If he does go there for a fee anywhere near that do you think it means that City can't afford to get Grealish too?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So Sam Lee isn't necessarily doubting the story too much.

So it looks like this story originated from some talk at a wedding! :lol:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
They've probably raised enough on sales by now to add on top of the 100m they officially offered about a month or so ago. It'll happen soon enough.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Am I remembering right that Sam Lee is actually a United fan but found a niche as a journalist reporting on City or have I made that up?

Adamsk7

It’s absolutely made up trash of course but I’d love him to go there for £160m. Personally I think he’s done - looked an absolute shadow of his former self at the euros and barely did any running. Even if he’s as good as he ever was (he’s not), he’s still likely to pick up multiple injuries a season so it’s likely he’s not going to be in great shape as he heads towards his 30’s. it would also put City out of the race for Haaland when it seems that next year only us, them, PSG and Chelsea could afford him.

Matthew84!

Anyone believing that needs to give their head a wobble, it'll be headlines for a few days for clicks and to sell papers and suddenly it'll be City made no offer or Kane loves Spurs and he's giving them 1 more year.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It’s absolutely made up trash of course but I’d love him to go there for £160m. Personally I think he’s done - looked an absolute shadow of his former self at the euros and barely did any running. Even if he’s as good as he ever was (he’s not), he’s still likely to pick up multiple injuries a season so it’s likely he’s not going to be in great shape as he heads towards his 30’s. it would also put City out of the race for Haaland when it seems that next year only us, them, PSG and Chelsea could afford him.
He looked poor during the last World Cup as well (despite winning the golden boot with a couple of penalties), but then turned around and had a bunch of great seasons for Spurs. Including probably being the best player in the league last season.

It could go either way. This could be him on the downward slope, but he could easily have another 3+ seasons of brilliance as well.