Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeboom999

Hiding under a rock until the next game...
New reports about him being a transfer target. Can't find a thread in the transfer forum.
What are peoples thoughts? I like that he's English and he's had a great breakthrough season in the prem. So proven in this league. Only detractor for me is Daniel Levy rubbing his hands together in a corner somewhere over the fee.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Dodgy end to the season.. sounds ridiculous, I know, but I'd rather he stayed at WHL for another year or two. See if he's the real deal or not.

FromTheBench

Too much of a risk for the Fee Levy would want, considering he's only had 1 season at a high level.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Dodgy end to the season.. sounds ridiculous, I know, but I'd rather he stayed at WHL for another year or two. See if he's the real deal or not.
I agree. He's had a wonderful season to be fair to him, but let's just check he's not a one season wonder. He's been off the boil as of late in terms of goals.

Zoo

There's no chance they will let him go after less then one good season.

ottosec

Better 45 on this guy that 80 on Bale, imo.

Looks like everyone is running this story, somebody leaked it for sure.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well he was obviously going to be linked with us, just a matter of time because he's english, young, at Spurs and we want a striker kind of. Don't think we'll actually go for him, and I'm far from convinced he's anything more then just a flash in the pan really. Would much rather give it another year, and would rather a more talented and quicker player up front anyways.

Sam

If we spent £45 million on Harry Kane I think I'd probably just give up on United altogether.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't particularly want him but Stylistically he seems LvG's kind of man: big, holds up play, scores goals, and continuously works the channels. Too soon to spend that sort of money on him, though. Even if he replicates this standard next season he won't be worth any more so I'd wait till then.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No, please. We would mad to spend that much on him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Whilst I don't think we should sign him for that amount yet, he is far more proven than Wayne Rooney was when we spent £25m+ on him.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
If we spent £45 million on Harry Kane I think I'd probably just give up on United altogether.
I think it's still better than 100 million on Pogba, even the thought of 100 million for a player who left United once already makes me cringe

hobbers

No, not at the fee Levy would levy.

Honestly, as good as he's been, there are several strikers around who are better footballers and they'd all cost less.

Mainoldo

He really reminds me of RVN... I'd happyly take the chance on him. Would have to get rid of RVP and Falcao though.

Sam

Because it would just be ridiculous. A young player has one good season and we're straight in there with £45 million? If thats the way we're going, then quite frankly, where is the fun in that? Whats the point? Are we just going to throw enough money at it that eventually it'll all work? If Kane flopped, throw another £50 mil at next seasons 'breakout' star? What a horrible way to run a club that would be. It would be everything that we've all laughed at Madrid for down the years, except we'd be spending more money, on worse players, with (probably) similar ish results.

Bojan11

He could be a one season wonder. We should see what he does next season.

It's not going to make a difference to the price because he will be expensive regardless.

Glanville95

Far too big a risk spending that amount of money on him currently. Not to say he can't or won't replicate this seasons form next season, but defences will have figured him out to some extent, as he has had a bit of a barren spell towards the end of the season in terms of goals. Perhaps that is indicative of how he'll fare next season.

There will always be suspicions over players like Kane who have a breakthrough season like this one, but haven't particularly shone prior to that. For his own personal development, he should stay at Spurs for at least one more season.

Cassidy

Bollocks.
Not really
Rooneys' 2 seasons at Everton: 6 goals in 33 games, then 9 goals in 34 games
Kanes' 2 seasons at Spurs: 3 goals in 10 games, then 20 goals in 30 games

Kanes also played in Europe and has 7 goals in 9 games there this season.

Thats more experience than Rooney had when he signed.

Again though for £45m you would want a striker who is already at the top level, and its far too early for Kane, Rooney was an obvious special talent, don't think the same applies to Kane. Could just be a one season wonder

Silverman

Is it just me or does anyone else not want Kane? Also 45m is a joke. I wouldn't pay 20m for him.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Not really
Rooneys' 2 seasons at Everton: 6 goals in 33 games, then 9 goals in 34 games
Kanes' 2 seasons at Spurs: 3 goals in 10 games, then 20 goals in 30 games

Kanes also played in Europe and has 7 goals in 9 games there this season.

Thats more experience than Rooney had when he signed.

Again though for £45m you would want a striker who is already at the top level, and its far too early for Kane, Rooney was an obvious special talent, don't think the same applies to Kane. Could just be a one season wonder
Rooney was 18, had been one of the best players at Euro 2004 -- Kane is 21, his goalscoring this season has been impressive, but, imo, his ceiling is nowhere near what Rooney's was, and it's only one season. Rooney had been impressing since the age of 16, when he scored against Arsenal on his debut.

No way I buy that Kane is as good as Rooney was, don't care about goalscoring stats either. You can judge players' potential on more than that.

When Rooney was 21 he scored 18 goals and assisted 14. Kane has 30 + 6. But, as I said, can't judge it all on goalscoring stats. General play is important.

Maldini's Hair

Firmly in the camp that thinks anything close to £45m for Harry Kane is a little bit mental. He's tailed off quite a bit at the end of the season, 2 Goals in his last 8 games (Lithuania & Newcastle). He looks decent but I think it's important to make sure he can do it consistently at this level before spunking a large portion of our budget on him.

Cassidy

Rooney was 18, had been one of the best players at Euro 2004 -- Kane is 21, his goalscoring this season has been impressive, but, imo, his ceiling is nowhere near what Rooney's was, and it's only one season. Rooney had been impressing since the age of 16, when he scored against Arsenal on his debut.

No way I buy that Kane is as good as Rooney was, don't care about goalscoring stats either. You can judge players' potential on more than that.
FFS I didn't say he was did I, I said he was more proven. As in had a better goalscoring record
Also I said in my post Rooney was an obvious special talent and Kane isn't, there is no where I am saying he is or was better than Rooney, so chillax

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
FFS I didn't say he was did I, I said he was more proven. As in had a better goalscoring record
Also I said in my post Rooney was an obvious special talent and Kane isn't, there is no where I am saying he is or was better than Rooney, so chillax
Nowhere in your post do you say that.

Edit: oh, you mean your reply? Fair enough.

Cassidy

Nowhere in your post do you say that.

Edit: oh, you mean your reply? Fair enough.
Sigh... ;)

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Hopefully is just the media being fed by his agent to get a new contract.
I doubt it since he's only just signed a new contract, running for 5 years until 2020. Instead it's just media click bait and has zero credibility no matter from which angle you look at it.

goin4glory

I doubt it since he's only just signed a new contract, running for 5 years until 2020. Instead it's just media click bait and has zero credibility no matter from which angle you look at it.
Apparently it's the times running it. If so there may be something behind it, we need a striker and there's a real lack of quality forwards available.

In Rainbows

You don't buy him after one season. You wait for another season under his belt.

Will Singh

Levy would want much more for him then £45m which is being reported.

This will probably turn into a sega along with Bale but if I had to choose I'd take Kane over Bale!!

Cassidy

Levy would want much more for him then £45m which is being reported.

This will probably turn into a sega along with Bale but if I had to choose I'd take Kane over Bale!!
For that money? Thats crazy talk, I'd rather spend 80m on Bale than 45m on Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.