Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Yeah timing is important, I just think sometimes if you're a star player these long term contracts are a bit foolish. Why sign for 6 years instead of 3? these days it's a players market and they hold the power.

I guess as you say maybe he felt Spurs would always be challengers, but they now seem back to their 6th place average.
Depends on who they hire next and how they rebuild. It isn't looking great at the moment and it could be that Kane will be still there for a couple of his good years while they struggle.

Lee565

Maybe he will be their Totti ?
Difference being though that totti won trophies with Roma haha.

I think kane would really be suited to serie a, surely Juventus could do with him as a replacement for higuain or had inter not just recently brought likely then you would think he would be the type of striker conte would have gone for.

I dont know if Atletico have the money but them and kane seem a good match.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If he can stay injury free a season at spurs and the squad needs someone like Kane I'd say yes, but there may be another prospect on the scene at that time.

For this summer it's a definite no with Kane

Ekeke

This may not be the time when Kane is at his best, but most likely this is the summer where he might be available to us. So its a case of being confident that we could get the best out of him like a couple of seasons ago, or that he'd at least push Martial to be his best as a striker or else lose his place. As long as the fee seemed reasonable I'd be all for it

This may not be the time when Kane is at his best, but most likely this is the summer where he might be available to us. So its a case of being confident that we could get the best out of him like a couple of seasons ago, or that he'd at least push Martial to be his best as a striker or else lose his place. As long as the fee seemed reasonable I'd be all for it
I don’t imagine he’s available this summer.

spurs will be hoping transfer fees increase next summer - that’s the way levy thinks.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Difference being though that totti won trophies with Roma haha.

I think kane would really be suited to serie a, surely Juventus could do with him as a replacement for higuain or had inter not just recently brought likely then you would think he would be the type of striker conte would have gone for.

I dont know if Atletico have the money but them and kane seem a good match.
His career isn't over yet but the point was more about a player wanting to stay there despite numerous attractive offers elsewhere

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And hereby you are banned from the eternal city eternally for that insult :)
I hate Italy so I welcome that ban with open arms :)

Genuine question. Is there anything wrong with players wanting to do this whilst being paid very well
Not for me.

His career isn't over yet but the point was more about a player wanting to stay there despite numerous attractive offers elsewhere

Ekeke

I don’t imagine he’s available this summer.

spurs will be hoping transfer fees increase next summer - that’s the way levy thinks.
He would potentially be available because hes not playing as well, so Spurs can survive without him and cash in on him now with the idea that a club might still pay a good chunk for him hoping to get the best out of him, ala Torres etc. Spurs are 9th and hes 26 so would more likely be thinking about whether he can actually win something in his career if he stays. So he would be the one agitating for a move and because he isnt being a one man team like at points on the past, they could be tempted to cash in.

If he plays better next season and Spurs are closer to us they simply wouldnt sell him to us. So it wouldnt matter if his price would rise because we wouldnt pay it and Spurs wouldnt have a reasonable number for a club thats competing for the same spot

He would potentially be available because hes not playing as well, so Spurs can survive without him and cash in on him now with the idea that a club might still pay a good chunk for him hoping to get the best out of him, ala Torres etc. Spurs are 9th and hes 26 so would more likely be thinking about whether he can actually win something in his career if he stays. So he would be the one agitating for a move and because he isnt being a one man team like at points on the past, they could be tempted to cash in.

If he plays better next season and Spurs are closer to us they simply wouldnt sell him to us. So it wouldnt matter if his price would rise because we wouldnt pay it and Spurs wouldnt have a reasonable number for a club thats competing for the same spot
perhaps. But I don’t see it. I’d put good money on him being a spurs player at the start of next season, whenever that may be.

Ekeke

perhaps. But I don’t see it. I’d put good money on him being a spurs player at the start of next season, whenever that may be.
Same. But I'd put more money on him moving now than next season if he's back to his best. I think Spurs hang onto him forever unless a stupid fee is offered at that point, so hes essentially unavailable

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He used to be more mobile and lively. The current Kane is not the Kane from 2015-2017.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he signed the contract when he knew he was on target at the rate he was going, to become all time prem top scorer. Spurs were doing alright then, had a bit of faith. Now with their wobble and poor finances, it ends up looking like a bad decision. He's made his bed and I think he'll be at spurs his whole career tbh. Nothing wrong with that mind you.

prateik

Wants out.. He'll be 27 this month.. 5-6 years in him..

Not too many takers at the price Levy would want I'd imagine.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He has to be hating life at the moment. Couldn't believe how deep he was playing tonight, won't be winning any golden boots playing that far from the goals

Yagami

Good post resistant
He has to be hating life at the moment. Couldn't believe how deep he was playing tonight, won't be winning any golden boots playing that far from the goals
I was coming in here to say exactly the same. We all know how much Harry wants his goals, too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Contracted until 2024. :lol:

He’ll just have to outlast Jose. It shouldn’t take more than another 12 months, I reckon.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think they will.

Kane would score for fun in our side. Spurs just aren’t that great anymore.
I hope so. Weakens Spurs loads and leaves Liverpool with less chance of winning the league. Win win.

ShinjiNinja26

He’s really stagnating in this current Spurs side. Looks a completely different player now than he did in previous seasons. Needs to get out of there quick.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We’ve no need for him. Should move or sabotage Mou.

AshRK

It's scary to think the guy is still only 26 (will turn 27 this month). Should.leave spurs, in fact should have left at the start of season. Top player wasting his prime.

fps

It's scary to think the guy is still only 26 (will turn 27 this month). Should.leave spurs, in fact should have left at the start of season. Top player wasting his prime.
I reckon he will stay one more year, continuity after chaotic season, then off he goes. Recruitment’s not been great and there’s a real downward feel to the club at the minute.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think, even if his focus was only on personal targets and goals, he now has no choice but to leave. Otherwise, he will miss out on even his own personal targets playing in this team with this style.

But who, in this current situation, will spend the money to get him out of that contract, when, as good as he is, he is worth one decent length injury a season, a situation that might worsen with time and minutes?

No one is paying 100 million in this climate surely?

cyberman

He's always dropping deep these days, even pre Jose.
Ive been saying this for 18 months now. His drop in performances have come from this new mindset of trying to become a playnaker as well.

flappyjay

He made the decision, should have atleast asked for a reasonable release clause for teams outside the PL. The same goes for Zaha he knew he wanted to leave but still tied himself up with palace. Now their both stuck on long-term contracts. To be fair to Kane maybe he wants to be Spurs Totti, it's always nice to see a bit of loyalty in football.

SATA

Was there any indication that he wanted out tonight after the game? I don’t think he’ll throw up a strop to leave Spurs anytime

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
City should go for him.
Not until Aguero leaves i reckon. His contract is up next summer and I think he wants to stay to take it to 10 years there. Kompany left last year and they haven't replaced so they'll target a CB this summer, Silva leaves this year and Foden is touted to replace him, Aguero most likely leave next summer so they'll probably make a move then.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I think he'd be lethal with the likes of Martial, Rashford, Sancho (hopefully), Greenwood, Bruno and Pogba around him.

Problem is, Spurs will want way too much for him and with them dropping down the league, being managed by a guy that does nothing for Kane, it'll be life destroying for Kane this

LoneStar

The football world is really tough, I guess...
Kane chose to be a loyal star in the team. Now he is deemed as being foolish to sign such a contract and wastes his best years there.
Griezmann did the opposite and turned to Barcelona. Now he gets criticized for being a snake and it "serves him right" to rot on Barcelona's bench.
Sometimes I feel for these star players, having to make such touch choices with drastic consequences in this merciless football world.
It doesn’t matter what you do or where you end up, if you are performing like a star. It’s only when you flop that people start talking these things.

edcunited1878

Why dont Spurs create chances for him anymore?
Who in central midfield can create for him? Son isn't a prolific passer and is more of a goal threat than pure chance creator for Kane, same with Alli.

The biggest missing piece for Spurs is Eriksen. Always has been and always will be. They played a tight 433, pressed and closed down all over the place, and had the tendency to score goals and inflate a scoreline or their GD after 1 or 2 nil. The highest scoring season for Spurs the past 10 years is 86 league goals in 16/17 when Spurs finished second behind Chelsea. It has proven to be a complete outlier.

However Kane, Son, and Alli played well together with Eriksen delivering set pieces and great balls from open play and made everything tick. Danny Rose also could supply good service. They were just a tick fast and played everything through Eriksen and Kane. As Eriksen went, as did Kane and Spurs went. The improbable run in the CL was another outlier compounded by the fact that Spurs, while playing really good in many of the matches, were punching way above their weight and overperforming, but that's the beauty of cup competitions.

Goals and assists in the PL for Kane and Eriksen since 14/15:
- 21 G / 5 A (Kane) and 10 / 2 (Eriksen)
- 25 G / 1 A and 6 / 15
- 29 G / 7 A and 8 / 15
- 30 G / 3 A and 10 / 11
- 17 G / 4 A and 8 / 12

Those are from transfermrkt and shows how good and important Kane and Eriksen had been to Spurs during their best years. Kane also played most of those league games, but injury really set him back last year and again this season, coupled with the clear absence of Eriksen or his performance towards the last year of his Spurs tenure.

But now they have Lo Celso and Lamela playing that role or similar to it and it's not nearly as effective. Ndombele has been a terrible transfer thus far and even if he could improve and show his talent, I don't think he was ever a creative player like Eriksen.

Kane would do extremely well at City and would be a great replacement for Aguero, but that's on him and Levy. They'd be losing a captain and England's captain and England's best center forward/striker.

RyRoc

He won’t have enjoyed that at all tonight , gut feeling is he will run his socks off for the last 5 games of the season and not in anyway down tools then ask Levy for a move this summer or at least a gentleman’s agreement that he can go next year if spurs don’t make the champions league.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
He might have missed his chance to get a move.
I dont see that many top clubs paying the price that Levy would want (If he were to sell Kane ).
The game gets faster and faster and he gets slower and slower for every season.
Even though he has good technique, hold up play and decent mobility i dont think his type of strikers are for the near future.
You can say what you want about Firmino but his ability to float around and interchange with the two wide forwards makes it alot harder for teams do defend you. Which is the reason why they get goals from the whole team and not have to rely on their striker.

I’m not saying that you can’t have a prolific striker to succeed and win things, but If you have a Kane, Lukaku and so on you tend to look for them more often then you should (And they also expect to get the ball every single time you get near the box).

Maybe i’am talking out of my arse but i rather prefer a mobile flexible striker for my number 9 role (which is why i absolutely love Martial as our number 9).

Status
Not open for further replies.