Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fosu-Mens

Talk of him being finished is nonsense he's still a class act who in the right team would score 30 goals. What this does highlight is that strikers are dependant entirely on the system and the service they receive. This is why it's so ridiculous to see the stick that Martial faces when we barely get him the ball.
2 years ago he had a somewhat quick first step, making it possible for him to create distance from the defender. With his excellent finishing technique it made it possible for him to get goals without depending on the system or good service. He seems to have lost the first step.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Kane is obviously a fantastic player but I don't think we need him right now. We're putting together an attack that's really coming...together. Adding Sancho to the mix would be perfect. Beyond that, I think we need to help that collection grow, really , before looking for replacements. And there's other areas we need strengthening.

So yeah spending an enormous fee on an area we already have potential is, doesn't appeal to me. Plus, with Kane there's the downside of him being an utterly boring football. He's no Henry or Suarez who you pay to watch. He's just Harry.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
he would be an absolute superstar in this Utd team - I have no doubts about that.

however, for the money spurs would want, and given he looks like injuries have taken a bit of a toll, I think he’s missed the boat of a big move.
I agree. A top striker, who will still bang them in (under a different manager) but the timing just isn't right for us. We've got other priorities.

RyRoc

You could make a genuine claim that Mourinho played him today to deal with Bournemouth’s set pieces. I think until the last 10 minutes he had barely been in the box, needs to make a serious decision about his future this summer.

cyberman

He comes too deep for the ball and hasn't got the acceleration anymore to cover the ground. He takes up the space Alli etc use and they have no out ball.
You can trace Eriksens and Deles form from the time Kane has tried to become an all action forward.

Brophs

The One and Only
I imagine his kids are thrilled that they don't have to do homeschooling any more and can go back to just being students next term.

Rolaholic

Hope for his careers sake he asks for a move this summer rather than spend a full season under Jose, just would prefer it be abroad :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Going to be the second season in a row where he finishes with less than 20 goals in the league, looks like Shearers record is safe for now

TsuWave

Guy is out here looking like 2016 Rooney. For the love of god I hope we don’t ever go near him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's feeding on scraps,to be fair.
Hate to be a top striker in my prime playing under this Jose.

Spurs won but they're going nowhere.

RORY65

Although he's still been prolific I'm not sure he's ever looked quite right since he got injured in 2018 before the World Cup, that being said anyone would look worse playing in a team as negative and regressive as this Spurs side.

Like i said before he runs like he has a piano on his back. He's definitely lost some pace, even in front of goal he doesnt seem as sharp.

Shark

@NotShark
I think his reputation is still getting him off, but he's not looking all that great these days it must be said.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'd take Kane for 50M in current form, in a positive attacking team he would excel, currently the team doesn't play to his strengths.

I also think a deal could be done for Kane simply because I don't see Kane being a 'Mourinho' player, you expect a player like Costa, Lukaku, Drogba with more strength is what he goes for, I'd even argue Ighalo is more of a Mourinho player than Kane.

It's not that Harry isn't good anymore, it's that Spurs aren't really playing well.

Kane is 26, still world class with a world class cast around him, only player I'd take in-front of Kane is Håland (age and his current ability).

Mason of course given the fact he's 18 by the time Kane would be in decline would mean Mason would move central and Kane would be moved on to a different club.

I certainly think the temporary dip in form isn't a bad thing, Kane is still world-class just you have a team that's playing with no confidence.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I dont know how people/fans can be overly critical of him. It's literally him up all alone with zero support. Son and Lucas were so far apart from him it was a joke.

If Jose stays Kane,and others attackers, have to get outta there.

TsuWave

I'd take Kane for 50M in current form, in a positive attacking team he would
:nono:

the guy is finished, and I don’t believe he would suit our fluid front three style anyway. Our player are mobile, fast and great dribblers. Kane is none of that.

Rashford can easily switch up with Greenwood and Greenwood with Martial etc. Imagine Kane trying to play from the right or left. He would stifle the team.

Varun

Staff
No DM is worth 100mil, especially one that's still learning the new role.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Kane can still offer so much more . May need to tweak his game but he's still a class forward. Put him into a attacking team and he'll be banging them in for fun again.

Hulme91

the guy is finished, and I don’t believe he would suit our fluid front three style anyway. Our player are mobile, fast and great dribblers. Kane is none of that.

Rashford can easily switch up with Greenwood and Greenwood with Martial etc. Imagine Kane trying to play from the right or left. He would stifle the team.
He plays with Sterling/Rashford for England already and has scored 12 goals in his last 10 games in a very attacking/fluid line up

meamth

His reaction after Son went for the goal at the last minute of the game sums it all up for me.

Dejected, uninterested and annoyed. He might move this season, it's either him, or Jose.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

I agree with you completely on the front three of United, Kane is still world-class, and young so there's no great concern over him, I certainly don't think he is finished.

Kane is a bit static at times but sometimes you want your #9 to stay central, if Kane was available at 50-60M I think most clubs would be silly to say no.

The problem Spurs at this point, if you take Son, Kane and put them in Juventus, Bayern, Utd, City or Liverpools team they would be brilliant, the issue is when you have a tumescent team that takes too many touches, plays too slowly makes it feel like a game of chess versus football, of course they will look bad.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Will turn toxic at that club next summer, and with a few sides comfortably better than Spurs he's winning nothing any time soon. Hope for his sake he leaves. Would be interesting if he followed Poch to La Liga.

GMoore23

He's been finished since shortly before the World Cup. Still a decent finish on him but physically shattered. Even though he won the Golden Boot in the World Cup, he was still dreadful.
His fitness and mobility was so poor in it. In the latter stages of games he was barely even able to walk into the opposition half as his teammates ran past him on counter attacks.

Shark

@NotShark
He's been finished since shortly before the World Cup. Still a decent finish on him but physically shattered. Even though he won the Golden Boot in the World Cup, he was still dreadful.
His fitness and mobility was so poor in it. In the latter stages of games he was barely even able to walk into the opposition half as his teammates ran past him on counter attacks.
Exactly, still has a few goals in him but he's physically not capable of great performances these days. I can't actually remember the last time I said "wow he's a top class striker". He's lost that special something, I think he was always slow but now he's ridiculously so.

TsuWave

He plays with Sterling/Rashford for England already and has scored 12 goals in his last 10 games in a very attacking/fluid line up
Nowhere near as fluid as what we currently look like. Plus I just quickly looked it up and this was England’s opposition:

Kosovo
Montenegro
Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Kosovo
Bulgaria
Switzerland
Netherlands
Montenegro
Czech Republic

out of those only Netherlands, Switzerland and maybe Czech Republic (being generous) are decent teams. I didn’t even bother to look how many of those goals were pens and how many came in games against the likes of Montenegro and Kosovo.

You’re not facing that type of opposition in the prem.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Nowhere near as fluid as what we currently look like. Plus I just quickly looked it up and this was England’s opposition:

Kosovo
Montenegro
Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Kosovo
Bulgaria
Switzerland
Netherlands
Montenegro
Czech Republic

out of those only Netherlands, Switzerland and maybe Czech Republic (being generous) are decent teams. I didn’t even bother to look how many of those goals were pens and how many came in games against the likes of Montenegro and Kosovo.

You’re not facing that type of opposition in the prem.
International goals don't count then ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.