Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

With slight rotation I think Kane would be relatively injury free. It's no surprise that in Spurs high press style and lack of strikers in squad that he gets hurt. Add in the fact that he played over 30 games before Christmas and it paints a crazy picture. We did the same with Rashford and he got a double stress fracture in his back!

This current injury is thigh. His last was ankle. It's not like he has a recurring knee injury. The lad needs slightly better game management that Poch or Jose couldnt afford to give him. If he went to Madrid or something he would probably play until hes 35 quite comfortably

Fts 74

There are 3 options for Kane I think, Manutd, Barcelona, Juve. Maybe Chelsea. And I am not so sure any of them are ready to pay that much.

Bayern will never pay 150m for single player. At least they have Lewa.
Real Madrid have Benzema and if they pay 150m for attacker they will go for Mbappe not Kane.
Psg have Icardi.
City have Aguero and Jesus.
Other club cant afford him.

He become injury phrone and will be risk to pay that much for someone who could finish like Sanchez and Rooney.

On the other side, Attack of Sancho Kane and Rashford is mindblowing.
If we sell Pogba and De Gea for 150m and get 50m for deadwoods we can afford Kane and Sancho in single transfer window.

Out:
Pogba 100m
De Gea 60m
Lingard 10m
Pereira 10m
Sanchez 10m
Jones 5m
Rojo 5m
Mata 5m
=205m

IN:
Henderson Free
Smalling Back From Loan
Kane 150m
Sancho 120m
Grealish 60m
Partey 50m
380m

Net spend 175m.

I am not sure what is the hardest thing, to buy those players or to sell our deadwoods. :D
That would be an amazing summer!

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I like Jimenez a lot, but I think Kane is at least a level above. He's a world class striker. I don't notice that steep decline you refer to, sure his injury record is cause for concern, but if he has to play every single game for his club and country, that's not ideal.

Of course, it's unlikely, but I don't get why people wouldn't want him. Is that to prevent disappointment or do people genuinely not think he'd immediately improve us up front massively?
Of course, he would improve us! But his injury record is a real worry and every single stat I can find on him is in a very strong decline.

And I also agree that Kane is better than Jimenez. There is not much point even debating it. But due to his decline and his injury record I think Jimenez could be more useful in the years to come. Probably at half the price.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
With slight rotation I think Kane would be relatively injury free. It's no surprise that in Spurs high press style and lack of strikers in squad that he gets hurt. Add in the fact that he played over 30 games before Christmas and it paints a crazy picture. We did the same with Rashford and he got a double stress fracture in his back!

This current injury is thigh. His last was ankle. It's not like he has a recurring knee injury. The lad needs slightly better game management that Poch or Jose couldnt afford to give him. If he went to Madrid or something he would probably play until hes 35 quite comfortably
But Kane did not press much in Spurs. He was the one player who did not have to.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
There are 3 options for Kane I think, Manutd, Barcelona, Juve. Maybe Chelsea. And I am not so sure any of them are ready to pay that much.

Bayern will never pay 150m for single player. At least they have Lewa.
Real Madrid have Benzema and if they pay 150m for attacker they will go for Mbappe not Kane.
Psg have Icardi.
City have Aguero and Jesus.
Other club cant afford him.

He become injury phrone and will be risk to pay that much for someone who could finish like Sanchez and Rooney.

On the other side, Attack of Sancho Kane and Rashford is mindblowing.
If we sell Pogba and De Gea for 150m and get 50m for deadwoods we can afford Kane and Sancho in single transfer window.

Out:
Pogba 100m
De Gea 60m
Lingard 10m
Pereira 10m
Sanchez 10m
Jones 5m
Rojo 5m
Mata 5m
=205m

IN:
Henderson Free
Smalling Back From Loan
Kane 150m
Sancho 120m
Grealish 60m
Partey 50m
380m

Net spend 175m.

I am not sure what is the hardest thing, to buy those players or to sell our deadwoods. :D
Keep playing FM or fifa.

romufc

There is fine print missing in the report... "if Levy permits"

Levy will never sell his prime asset to PL clubs, not even in desparate financial situation.
This will not happen.

Levy will never sell and Kane wont start acting up.

Kane knows how Levy is and he signed a long term contract without any break out clause. He cannot expect any club to come in and pay over £150m for him.

A big risk, his injury record and he hasn't got real pace.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Jimenez suits the system that Nuno sets up. Jota plays off him brilliantly as he can come deep and hold the ball up.

I just see us going for the 3 pronged attack like Spurs did at their best and Liverpool do successfully.

Who would fit that system best? I don’t really know at present. I’d have taken Kane in a heartbeat last season but his injury concerns me.

Could Jimenez make the step up? Don’t know for sure. He’d be cheaper for sure

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Jimenez suits the system that Nuno sets up. Jota plays off him brilliantly as he can come deep and hold the ball up.

I just see us going for the 3 pronged attack like Spurs did at their best and Liverpool do successfully.

Who would fit that system best? I don’t really know at present. I’d have taken Kane in a heartbeat last season but his injury concerns me.

Could Jimenez make the step up? Don’t know for sure. He’d be cheaper for sure
In my opinion, Jimenez biggest force is that he is such a good team player. His work rate and pressing is similar to Firmino. Few players at his level is that good at this part of the game.

In the second half against Everton it was difficult not to notice the impact of theirq two physical, hardworking player up front compared to ours. I like Greenwood and Martial, but they certainly dont have the intensity or physical ability that DCL and Richarlison do.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
As I’ve said earlier in the Transfer forum regarding Harry Kane..

Lets put the Good performances aside and have a look at his injury record it dosent look very good to be honest. Especially with the money Levy would ask for (200mill plus?). Unfortunaly I think its another Gareth Bale case.

As for those who says ”Its probably because of the high pressing intense style and lack of rotation that keeps him injured” Well, he rarely press. Its down to the others to do the pressing in Spurs. Also, There is a common pattern if you take a look at the injury history that rotation wont fix. Torn ankle, torn ankle ligament, knee injuries. Its very serious injuries that unfortunaly cant be fixed long term.

I know he is a worldclass player but the fact still is that he missing Around 10-15 games a season and it wont get better in my opinion. 70 days injured this season already..

Even if we could get him, I still Do not want..

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

Lets put the Good performances aside and have a look at his injury record it dosent look very good to be honest. Especially with the money Levy would ask for (200mill plus?). Unfortunaly I think its another Gareth Bale case.

As for those who says ”Its probably because of the high pressing intense style and lack of rotation that keeps him injured” Well, he rarely press. Its down to the others to do the pressing in Spurs. Also, There is a common pattern if you take a look at the injury history that rotation wont fix. Torn ankle, torn ankle ligament, knee injuries. Its very serious injuries that unfortunaly cant be fixed long term.

I know he is a worldclass player but the fact still is that he missing Around 10-15 games a season and it wont get better in my opinion. 70 days injured this season already..

I agee. I actually think this might be a case of Levy realizing that they cant afford to have their most important player injured for 30-40 % of each season. He is looking to sell and use the funds to let Mourinho do a rebuild.

And of course, we are always a likely fool...

Bwuk

Kane is excellent but his injury record would worry me considering the fee he’d cost.

Kappa123

Imagine not wanting Kane because he's had injuries...

We manage the injuries and get the best out of him. Hopefully with some competent coaches and management coming in soon this shouldn't be a problem. But this is Ole's United right now so I can understand why some would be hesitant as well.

MadMike

Imagine not wanting Kane because he's had injuries...

We manage the injuries and get the best out of him. Hopefully with some competent coaches and management coming in soon this shouldn't be a problem. But this is Ole's United right now so I can understand why some would be hesitant as well.
Firstly we are pretty shit at managing injuries as is, our fitness problems well documented, not sure why you think we’d manage his better than spurs have. Secondly the lad has a contract for another 4 years and Levy would sell him to Libyan slavers before he sells him to us. Thirdly, if his motivation is to move for trophies United doesn’t seem a particularly safer option at the moment, let’s be honest.

All in all, if Kane’s potential transfer here was a book it’d be sitting firmly in the fiction section. For the next 3 years at least.

tomaldinho1

Correct - a great goalscorer but there's simply no point splashing the obscene amount of money he'd require because Spurs & England have destroyed his body. He's been rushed back too many times and he's hardly that young anymore, he'll be 27 this summer and I agree, it's not because of pressing it's just been far too much game time and improper recovery. The way I think about it is if you're buying Kane, you're likely looking at a near world record fee (obviously not Neymar levels but add in Levy and it'd be a huge price) and is that what we want to do?

Being an English footballer in the PL is hell if you're top quality at the moment. You play in arguably the most physically intense league, have a whole extra domestic cup to compete in (which is widely regarded as a tin pot cup anyway), until this season there was no winter break, there are way too many international friendlies and qualifiers and, on top of that, they're talking about adding games to some of the bigger international competitions. Theoretically, if Kane stayed fit and Spurs got the final of every competition he could be playing 70+ games (38 PL, ~10 Internationals, ~12 CL, 8 LC, 6 FA) in 10 months. If it's a EUROs or WC year, there will be many more internationals as well.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Levy will never sell him to PL club. Bayern is the most likely destination if he wants to leave.
Why would Bayern buy Kane when they are the only club in world footballer to have a better player in his position?

Lewa is only 31. Having one of his best ever seasons. He’ll score goals in that league for another 3-4 years.

Kane is 26. Getting injured more often than ever.

No chance they pay £100-150m to get a worse player.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Hasenhuttl, Solskjaer, Rodgers, Nuno, Hodgson have all won more than Pochettino. Ranieri won the league with Leicester, that's a bigger achievement than getting to a cup final and bottling it, why isn't he considered a better manager?

What part of his record are we supposed to be blown away by?
Let’s be fair. He’s a great manager. If Spurs has backed him to the tune of £100m a season in two consecutive seasons he could have kicked on.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Question for discussion;

- Who will score more goals between now and the end of Kane’s career? Kane or Lewandowski?

Lewa probably has 4 seasons left. Kane 6 or 7 in my opinion.

It should be a no brainer but I feel the answer might be the Pole.

K_Ash

if Levy is willing to accept a 200M offer then it would be almost CRIMINAL not to bid..I love Martial and all but....

AaronRedDevil

I don’t think his playing style suits us. Man Utd are slowly playing to be a fast team and Kane seems more like a slower lukaku, with a better touch at least. He’ll be too expensive and with the players united seem to be targeting, they’ll barely have that much money.

AaronRedDevil

if Levy is willing to accept a 200M offer then it would be almost CRIMINAL not to bid..I love Martial and all but....
Oh is that all? 200m? Why not just go for Mbappe instead? And sell Martial for 120m

Andersonson

Would be a great signing for us! Miles better than our current strikers and seems to be leader, something we've lacked alot.

Also a very typical united-signing from the past. Would love if this happens. A world class striker is surely missed.

redshaw

Would seem impossible until the last 6-12 months of his contract, at least to a PL club and by that time the situations of the player and clubs could vary greatly.

Perhaps see how Spurs do and then he would have to really push for a move but injury concerns and perhaps big fee players not doing so well might mean no-one wants to pay what Spurs want.

It's a difficult situation for players now, bit of a no mans land developing. Neymar can't move back or anywhere soon, Pogba. Kane should he want to move will find it difficult, 10 years ago not so much.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Ed Woodward objective Summer 2020:

Pochettino
Kane
Sancho
Camaviga

Results: Champions league qualification, premier league challenger and Champions league winner.

If United are serious, this is what we should do this summer.The rumor that Kane is now interested in joining United, coincidence with Pochettino rumored to be United new manager. It makes sense.

Mourinho, Lvg and Moyes targeted players from their past club. If we get Pochettino, I can see Kane coming here. It might not be in the summer because Levy and Mourinho will put up a fight, but I can see Kane handing in a transfer request to join Pochettino and win trophies here at United.

RedDevilRoshi

Ed Woodward objective Summer 2020:

Pochettino
Kane
Sancho
Camaviga

Results: Champions league qualification, premier league challenger and Champions league winner.

If United are serious, this is what we should do this summer.The rumor that Kane is now interested in joining United, coincidence with Pochettino rumored to be United new manager. It makes sense.

Mourinho, Lvg and Moyes targeted players from their past club. If we get Pochettino, I can see Kane coming here. It might not be in the summer because Levy and Mourinho will put up a fight, but I can see Kane handing in a transfer request to join Pochettino and win trophies here at United.
You're talking about at least nearly/over £350M alone for just Kane & Sancho. There’s no chance of that happening unless we get a huge offer for Pogba and shift a number of players out for fees around the £25M-£30M mark.

Womp

idiot
We ain't signing Kane and Sancho in one window. :lol: Sancho will be our star signing, hopefully, with more affordable players making up the rest ala Partey etc. I think we'd have to be a little more shrewd with our ST signing, if we were to make one, there are some very good alternatives that would be far easier to get over the line. Levy would fleece us.

Not to add, the rumour itself makes no sense, he wants to leave Spurs as he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild, to join United, who is also part of a rebuild?

Teja

Just .. no, I won't even get my hopes up. It's not worth spending cognitive energy on even wondering if this will happen.

Maybe in a world where Poch comes to manage us it makes sense, but I won't indulge this at all.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
You're talking about at least nearly/over £350M alone for just Kane & Sancho. There’s no chance of that happening unless we get a huge offer for Pogba and shift a number of players out for fees around the £25M-£30M mark.
Yea, I agree. I would be happy with Sancho and a cheaper striker like Dominic Calvin Lewin or Raul Jimenez to support Martial. We shouldn’t be desperate to sign Kane unless, he push for the move. Sancho should be our priority. Kane would take us to another level up front though.

Mr Smith

He'd have to force the move really, Spurs have absolutely no incentive to sell. Would like to go full Muppet but can't see it happening.

AKDevil

I don’t think his playing style suits us. Man Utd are slowly playing to be a fast team and Kane seems more like a slower lukaku, with a better touch at least. He’ll be too expensive and with the players united seem to be targeting, they’ll barely have that much money.
the difference is Kane is an exceptional footballer. His technical ability means he can fit into a counter attacking team because he can keep moves going. That was Lukaku’s problem. Too much was breaking down at his feet because he is an awful footballer.

Champagne Football

We simply cannot afford him if we're lucky enough to land our priority signings, Sancho and Grealish.

I can't think of any club who can afford him, as Madrid will be fearing another Gareth Bale scenario, and will buy Haaland if he has that low release clause.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We ain't signing Kane and Sancho in one window. :lol: Sancho will be our star signing, hopefully, with more affordable players making up the rest ala Partey etc. I think we'd have to be a little more shrewd with our ST signing, if we were to make one, there are some very good alternatives that would be far easier to get over the line. Levy would fleece us.

Not to add, the rumour itself makes no sense, he wants to leave Spurs as he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild, to join United, who is also part of a rebuild?
6 months later
Sancho
Kane
Ronaldo
Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.