Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moiraine

Thanks, but no thanks.

The ship has sailed and he Doesn’t fit in our team anymore.

Hawks2008

Love how people are writing Kane off as a crock and saying the time has passed.

He’s young and an incredible no 9.

If you you’ve taken the time to notice that we have improved with a natural no 9 in the starting 11 (Ighalo) imagine a peak Kane playing the same role.

His hold up play is sublime, scores all types of goals, links well, you name it... and we want to turn down any opportunity to sign him?
Yeah this is the kind of player who takes us up a few levels, I look at our current options and then I look at people brushing off Kane and it's baffling to me.

His injury record is a concern but so was Van Persie's.

RUCK4444

Yeah this is the kind of player who takes us up a few levels, I look at our current options and then I look at people brushing off Kane and it's baffling to me.

Yes exactly. What people need to remember is, whilst he does recently have a tricky injury record, if you get him on a 5-6 year contract for his PEAK years then you are at least going to get 2 possibly 3 uninterrupted seasons from him.

Now that's an estimate of course, but if I was a betting man you would expect 2-3 uninterrupted full seasons from him.

Those uninterrupted seasons he will elevate us massively as the no. 9 in this side.

Now to really dream... Add Sancho on the RW, retain Pogba, Bruno in the mix, Rashford playing well off the left (rotation with Martial for both Rashford and Kane) and you have a feckin transformed attack.

Hawks2008

Being 26 is the new 33 on here it seems. Kane is just entering his prime years for goodness sake. :lol:
This is nothing new, happens every time on the caf when we are linked with someone that is closer to 30 than 20.

As we all know people drop dead at 30.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You people must not know who Marco Van Basten was to make the leap so assuredly thinking Kane will magically rid himself of what have become extremely predictable, season by season, ruinous ankle injuries. And comparing him to Van Persie - Van Persie cost us a fraction of what Levy would demand for Kane.

At the kind of outlay you have to put in to get Kane, you better take his injury record seriously, otherwise you've bought yourself a crock you'll recoup nothing on, further to that, another player sitting on a mega wage who nobody else is willing to take on, like a certain Chilean living La Vida Loca at his piano.

Kane, the player who was on fire and looking like the world was his oyster, has been replaced by a player struggling to even stay fit for a campaign - you don't run out to buy in those circumstances unless you're getting a cut price deal, which we absolutely wouldn't be.

I'd like to see which side will come in for Kane given the chairman they have to deal with, the risk involved, and the fact FFP is actually a thing now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

But how did Van Persie work out after that one magical year? Yes Moyes greyed things, but he dropped off massively quite quickly.

James Peril

Thanks, but no thanks.

A world-class striker doesn’t fit into a team that’s 5th (6th if Sheffield United wins their game in hand) and scoring 1.5 goals pr. game? Well, I disagree. Kane would instantly be our best player by far and singlehandedly bring us into the top 3, even with the current manager.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes exactly. What people need to remember is, whilst he does recently have a tricky injury record, if you get him on a 5-6 year contract for his PEAK years then you are at least going to get 2 possibly 3 uninterrupted seasons from him.

Now that's an estimate of course, but if I was a betting man you would expect 2-3 uninterrupted full seasons from him.

Those uninterrupted seasons he will elevate us massively as the no. 9 in this side.

Now to really dream... Add Sancho on the RW, retain Pogba, Bruno in the mix, Rashford playing well off the left (rotation with Martial for both Rashford and Kane) and you have a feckin transformed attack.
Peak years is a bit of a myth. They can happen at any age.

How do we know 22-24 wasn't his peak years, and they've already gone?
How do we know for sure that these long injuries each season won't continue, or get worse?

Then add in he's at a club with a very difficult chairman, who if he was thinking about selling to us, would charge insane money.
Plus, if he was thinking of selling, you'd have alarm bells of why, anyway.

Art Vandelay

Thanks, but no thanks.

A striker that's several levels better than our strikers and can happily play as a lone striker, has an understanding with Rashford and would improve us dramatically doesn't fit in our team?

RUCK4444

Peak years is a bit of a myth. They can happen at any age.

How do we know 22-24 wasn't his peak years, and they've already gone?
How do we know for sure that these long injuries each season won't continue, or get worse?

Then add in he's at a club with a very difficult chairman, who if he was thinking about selling to us, would charge insane money.
Plus, if he was thinking of selling, you'd have alarm bells of why, anyway.
You could literally say those things about any purchase of an elite level player.

Those are essentially the inherent risks of spending big on any signing.

I’m all for progressing the youth but a club of our size and standing in the game should rightfully target the best players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You could literally say those things about any purchase of an elite level player.

Those are essentially the inherent risks of spending big on any signing.

I’m all for progressing the youth but a club of our size and standing in the game should rightfully target the best players.
Normally when you target the best, they haven't had multiple long term injuries.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Being 26 is the new 33 on here it seems. Kane is just entering his prime years for goodness sake. :lol:
26 is the new 33 because 26 year olds will be 34 next season.

Red Keane

What's the story here? Can't remember Chelsea having an interest in Kane in the past...
To my recollection; there was little to no rumours (back in 2015 at least) in relation to Chelsea buying Kane, my point was Chelsea should have bought him after they won the League*, especially considering that Drogba left for the second time after said title win.

*Instead of doing stupid ass stuff like selling Cech & Luis...and buying the likes of Rahman & Djilobodji...

But yeah, imagine Kane at Chelsea instead of Bats, Giroud, morata, Rémy, Falcao & Pato!
Certainly would have provided more competition to Costa compared to any of those players (minus Morata & Giroud of course), which in turn could have prevented Costa from doing some of more stupid things he ended up doing at Stamford Bridge.

RUCK4444

Normally when you target the best, they haven't had multiple long term injuries.
There are plenty of big name players who have been signed for big money after having a few injuries.

Kane hasn't, as I'm aware, incurred an injury that is likely to be a reoccurring one, just bad luck.

He's also not in any way 'pace-reliant' so we should be relatively confident that he's not permanently crocked.

This team is in desperate need of an out and out, 20+ goals a season, number 9. All other top sides have one. Kane is in the top 3 in world football in that position.

We would be simply mad to turn down any possibility of getting this done. Signings like that bridge the gap from where we are currently back to where we want to be.

RedDevil@84

I am really not convinced he is not injury prone. Don't believe we should put all our money into getting him this summer.
Caf is famous for convincing everyone year after year that we should spend all our money to get Bale. Smells exactly the same.

nikineil

There was an article on The Athletic today that mentioned there is a big reluctance from our board to deal with Daniel Levy. Apparently Modric and Berbatov drove them so up the wall, they are refusing to deal with Tottenham. The only way this happens is if Kane kicks up a fuss publicly.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You people must not know who Marco Van Basten was to make the leap so assuredly thinking Kane will magically rid himself of what have become extremely predictable, season by season, ruinous ankle injuries. And comparing him to Van Persie - Van Persie cost us a fraction of what Levy would demand for Kane.

At the kind of outlay you have to put in to get Kane, you better take his injury record seriously, otherwise you've bought yourself a crock you'll recoup nothing on, further to that, another player sitting on a mega wage who nobody else is willing to take on, like a certain Chilean living La Vida Loca at his piano.

Kane, the player who was on fire and looking like the world was his oyster, has been replaced by a player struggling to even stay fit for a campaign - you don't run out to buy in those circumstances unless you're getting a cut price deal, which we absolutely wouldn't be.

I'd like to see which side will come in for Kane given the chairman they have to deal with, the risk involved, and the fact FFP is actually a thing now.
I'll just quoting this, maybe on every page. It seems like many just ignore this elephant in the room case.

It's not about his age, sex, or hair style. But more about his injury record, how much he will cost, our limited budget, and our other positions in dire need.

Red Keane

Is this even worth debating? Would Levy sell his talismanic star striker to a rival for any money?
He sold Berbatov to us for £31 Million.

Kane would be a perfect match for United but would leave our team very unbalanced. We would still lack a proper quality RW. If we could somehow make a front 3 of Rashford/Kane/Sancho, that would be glorious. With Martial in rotation :D
As a club, we need to be getting both Sancho & Kane. It should not have to be a question of having to chose either.

Ok he isn´t hitting his old numbers and he is always injured plus he would cost 150m plus. We surely aren´t interested in that?
He's only "injury prone" due to the fact he has to keep coming back from injury earlier than he should be (which ends up leading to more injuries), mainly because Tottenham lack any actual alternative strikers that are any good. United would not have this problem since we would still have Martial as an option.

In fact its a good reason to come to United, because by staying at Tottenham* he is effectivly killing his own career due to these endless injuries.

*Unless they get someone like Icardi or Haarland of course.

If he stays in the Prem it is at Spurs or possibly City, and the only way City take him is by including a couple of their fringe players in the deal, say Stones and Mahrez. ]They're the only realistic alternative with the funds to pull it off, and the upcoming need for a new #9.
They can afford to buy Kane without having to give away Stones and Mahrez (who would have no reasons to leave City for a club like Spurs), especially if they succeed in killing off FFP. Although if they could offer Otamendi in exchange....

There is no way they do a deal with Chelsea or Arsenal
To be fair to Chelsea, they do need another Striker and with Willian, Pedro, Alonso & Azpilicueta futures all looking uncertain; they could use another more experienced player to help lead their still young squad.

he doesn't fit the dippers style of play
Judging by his performances for England of late, he would do well to fit into the Firmino role at Liverpool.

As others have said our squad and starting XI will be more complete with say Sancho and Grealish coming in.
Even if we bring both Sancho & Grealish in next transfer window, we would still need another LB, 2 decent CBs, a CM and a maybe a DM.

Looking abroad, maybe Madrid as Benzema isn't getting any younger and Jovic hasn't done the business, but I think their eyes are on Mbappe.
Depends on if PSG even want to let Mbappe go & if Jovic still fails to get anywhere in Madrid.

Possibly Bayern if they don't replace Lewa with Werner.
Even if Werner does come to Bayern, they still need another Striker since Lewandowski is currently their only No.9.

For all their recent spending I can't see the likes of Juve or Inter being able to afford such a deal.
Juventus might to be fair.

Also leaving Levy aside, would Jose allow the transfer to go through? If he loses Kane from that squad he doesn't have much left to work with.
Jose should have thought about that before signing the dotted line at Spurs, I mean surely he can work out that the defence alone needs another GK, another LB, another CB and 2 RBs to address its sorry state, yet has he got any of those players...

They need their rebuild to focus around Kane. Trying to cash in on him and then spend that money is very risky. How do they replace him for that team?
If and when Levy does remember that he does actually have a brain, he could use the £150 million they could get for Kane and buy both Haarland (Who has a £70 Million release clause*) & Icardi (Who has a £64 Million option to buy). Which would not only compensate the loss of Kane, but enable them to have some actual depth in the Striker position.

*Considering his fondless for Ibrahimović, he might as well try and get his regen.

Peak-Kane would turn us into a team that would be able to get 90 points next season. Trouble is, he has not been at his peak for awhile. And while he is not a crook, his injury record should be a big concern.
He would not be getting those injuries since he would actually be given the time to recover from the ones he has built up at Spurs.

I would probably feel more safe with Jimenez at £50-70 mill than Kane at £100-150 mill. You could probably get Jimenez and Zakaria (or Upamecano) for the same fee and wage as Kane alone.
I would not be against Jimenez joining United, but while he has been impressive for Wolves, I am yet to be convinced that he could take United to the next level that Kane would be able to. Regardless if OGS is going to stick by 3-5-2, then United clearly need to be getting both Kane & Jimenez.

He was also 2 years older than Kane as well.

Don't forget the possiblity of the likes of Greenwood, Grealish & Maddison being additional options as well.

ricky-romeo

Peak-Kane would turn us into a team that would be able to get 90 points next season. Trouble is, he has not been at his peak for awhile. And while he is not a crook, his injury record should be a big concern.

I would probably feel more safe with Jimenez at £50-70 mill than Kane at £100-150 mill. You could probably get Jimenez and Zakaria (or Upamecano) for the same fee and wage as Kane alone.
RW ie Sancho should be our priority but if we are going to sign a forward and Jimenez will cost us 70mil then I would take Kane if he is just about over 100mil. He is the type of a player that Sir Alex would grab immediately if he is available.

The thing is that Kane, Sancho and a midfielder will cost us 300mil and i cant see this thing happening, even if we get 100mil for Pogba.

lewwoo

I see John Barnes has come out today urging Kane to remain at Spurs if he loves the club and help them win things. Rather than go to Utd or City. Would say that wouldn't you Barnsey. Also adding if just winning trophies mattered he could just go to Madrid, Barca, City or Liverpool to do that.

SAFMUTD

talking about Kane worthing a shot as it is was Alexis scenario were we can get him for peanuts.

everyone do realize to land Kane we would need a 100M offer and top wages right?

the statistics dont lie, he’s been declining for 3 years now and has a severe ankle injuries problem.

Of course it may turn out great and we may land a worldclass striker, but the odds would be against us and we are not in the position to take such an expensive risky gamble.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
There was an article on The Athletic today that mentioned there is a big reluctance from our board to deal with Daniel Levy. Apparently Modric and Berbatov drove them so up the wall, they are refusing to deal with Tottenham. The only way this happens is if Kane kicks up a fuss publicly.
Some Spurs fan left a comment on the article saying it would be a "sideways move" if he came to us right now :lol:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Wasn't his most recent injury a calf or hamstring injury or something that has nothing to do with his ankle? And probably more to do with the crazy amount of games he was playing leading up to the injury? Being the only striker Spurs have and never resting tends to incur injuries. He is 26, pretty much hitting his prime years as a striker. And one of his ankle injuries was from a bit of a horror show tackle, not really indicative of a recurring injury when someone comes flying into a tackle and smashes your ankle.

Of course he would improve us, Kane is world class. However after not winning anything at Spurs I get the feeling he will want to go to a team that are right in the mix to win trophies if he moves at all. Can see RM forking out some massive fee for him, Benzema has experienced a bit of a renaissance but at 32 how long has he got left? Kane could potentially lead the line for them over the next 5-6 years.

Now would probably be the time as well for Kane to move on, the Poch era has ended and Spurs will be going through a rebuild under Jose. Not sure they will be in the mix to win trophies again any time soon.

RkkMan

If his signing compromises our chances of signing Sancho no thanks. They aren`t perfect but we can work with Martial(will guarantee 20-25 goals and recently became a big game player), Greenwood(will guarantee 15-20 goals and has potential to be as good as Kane) and Ighalo for another loan deal(will guarantee 8-15 goals as a squad player). We literally have ZERO options on the RW good enough to start, that`s where we need to spend 100m plus not on a striker.

croadyman

If his signing compromises our chances of signing Sancho no thanks. They aren`t perfect but we can work with Martial(will guarantee 20-25 goals and recently became a big game player), Greenwood(will guarantee 15-20 goals and has potential to be as good as Kane) and Ighalo for another loan deal(will guarantee 8-15 goals as a squad player). We literally have ZERO options on the RW good enough to start, that`s where we need to spend 100m plus not on a striker.
Yeah we simply have to address that RW issue seeing as we haven't had a proper one for years. Our last ones would probably have been either Valencia/Nani in 11/12.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
John Barnes:
‘Harry Kane should not look to leave Tottenham if he loves Spurs and is a fan of the club,’ Barnes told BonusCodeBets.co.uk. ‘If all players wanted to leave their club to win a trophy, all the players would go to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City or a Liverpool, and you’ll never have anyone playing anywhere else.’
“Or a liverpool” :lol:

If anyone is wondering why we find it hilarious when Liverpool get fecked over, its because of cnuts like this.

The way they constantly talk like it’s not just been the last couple of years is mind boggling.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/21/john...chester-united-transfer-speculation-12435224/

GiddyUp

I see John Barnes has come out today urging Kane to remain at Spurs if he loves the club and help them win things. Rather than go to Utd or City. Would say that wouldn't you Barnsey. Also adding if just winning trophies mattered he could just go to Madrid, Barca, City or Liverpool to do that.
What gets me now about liverpool supporters and the sycophants in the media is that it's like the last 30 years of Manchester United didn't exist. They've had 2 1/2 seasons where they've turned up in a big way and shown signs of burnout recently. Football is cyclical and they will be reminded of that very soon. If there was sounds coming out about Kane to Liverpool Barnes wouldn't shut his gob about it.
On Harry Kane, if SAF was still here he would already be our player and most likely his 1st £100million signing. He would be fantastic here regardless of injury but not for a world record fee. I'd rather we spend that kind of money on 2 or 3 players. If we got him for around 90 we would be laughing.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Tottenham would hold out for a big pay day for him, not sure he really fits what Ole is trying to do, and has some bad injuries over the past three seasons, so I don't think we'll be in for him.

Fosu-Mens

Wasn't his most recent injury a calf or hamstring injury or something that has nothing to do with his ankle? And probably more to do with the crazy amount of games he was playing leading up to the injury? Being the only striker Spurs have and never resting tends to incur injuries. He is 26, pretty much hitting his prime years as a striker. And one of his ankle injuries was from a bit of a horror show tackle, not really indicative of a recurring injury when someone comes flying into a tackle and smashes your ankle.

Of course he would improve us, Kane is world class. However after not winning anything at Spurs I get the feeling he will want to go to a team that are right in the mix to win trophies if he moves at all. Can see RM forking out some massive fee for him, Benzema has experienced a bit of a renaissance but at 32 how long has he got left? Kane could potentially lead the line for them over the next 5-6 years.

Now would probably be the time as well for Kane to move on, the Poch era has ended and Spurs will be going through a rebuild under Jose. Not sure they will be in the mix to win trophies again any time soon.
Kane seems to have lost the acceleration he had in his first steps. He has never been a fast player, but he could create space from a defender to utilize his great finishing ability.

Rushed back to early from injuries to many times. Too many games and minutes over the last years when "healthy". He is past his peak.

Varun

Staff
Has just said he'll leave spurs if he thinks the club isn't progressing in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.