Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I
So how much would he go for?
Impossible to tell with the current situation, but before this crisia he was rumoured to cost around 60-90 million euros.

I like the player, but I would think twice about getting a young italian player. They rarely want to leave Italy. Same goes for Tonali, but I have not seen him play that much.

Just go for Sancho, that would be enough for me this summer. If we can add Grealish and/or Bellingham that would be great, but I’ll be happy with just Sancho. We can cope with our current midfield as I suspect that Pogba ain’t gonna leave this summer.

RkkMan

I

Impossible to tell with the current situation, but before this crisia he was rumoured to cost around 60-90 million euros.

I like the player, but I would think twice about getting a young italian player. They rarely want to leave Italy. Same goes for Tonali, but I have not seen him play that much.

Just go for Sancho, that would be enough for me this summer. If we can add Grealish and/or Bellingham that would be great, but I’ll be happy with just Sancho. We can cope with our current midfield as I suspect that Pogba ain’t gonna leave this summer.
What about a ST?? If Ighalo cant stay at least another season we surely need someone there or we`ll be back to square one?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Waiting for the comparison between injury hampered Kane and RVP... Difference is, we signed RVP at the time when he was arguably the best player in the league... not a player coming off two injury ravaged seasons and doesn't look like Kane from 15-18.

Stay well fecking clear until he proves that he's over his injuries.

USREDEVIL

Waiting for the comparison between injury hampered Kane and RVP... Difference is, we signed RVP at the time when he was arguably the best player in the league... not a player coming off two injury ravaged seasons and doesn't look like Kane from 15-18.

Think he's one of those players that get's injured regularly. Great player on his day, but stay clear period.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Kane isn't anywhere near RvP level. There is no comparison to be had.

James Ward

Rashford Kane Sancho
Pogba Bruno
Partey
Shaw Maguire Koulibaly AWB
De Gea

Lets spend the 300 million on these four signings and be done with it!

jamesjimmybyrondean

I know this scenario is impossible and moreso because of Mourinho but would you swap Martial for Kane + 40-50m while keeping Ighalo or would you just keep Martial and Ighalo?

Last edited:

Paxi

I’m provoked.

RvP at Arsenal
280 games- 132 goals- 55 assists

Kane at Tottenham
278 games- 181 goals- 30 assists
Stats aren't everything. RvP was on another level to Kane, Kane couldn't do what RvP did for us in 12/13.

Paxi

I take issue when people make such comments so lightly. I mean, how could you possibly know all of that?
Well I seen both players play extensively and I rate RVP above Kane. It's an opinion doesn't mean I'm right and I'm an absolute RvP fan boy so there's that.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Stats aren't everything. RvP was on another level to Kane, Kane couldn't do what RvP did for us in 12/13.
I agree to some extent. RvP at his peak probably was better than Kane. But he had what? Two seasons there? Kanes average level is no doubt higher than RvP.

RvP reached his peak in 2011-2013. At the age of 27/28-30. We may have yet to see Kane peak.

JohnnyLaw

Well I seen both players play extensively and I rate RVP above Kane. It's an opinion doesn't mean I'm right and I'm an absolute RvP fan boy so there's that.
I imagined as much!
I’d probably grant you that technically RvP could’ve been viewed as on another level compared to Kane.
But overall Kane has every chance of becoming the more highly regarded player, especially if he somehow manages to win a major trophy before he retires.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I’m provoked.

RvP at Arsenal
280 games- 132 goals- 55 assists

Kane at Tottenham
278 games- 181 goals- 30 assists
I'm not saying the original point you replied to is valid but your stats aren't proof to the contrary.

Van Persie the season we signed him, was the best striker in the world. No point talking about his stats from his entire career at Arsenal as he wasn't a goalscorer when signed and played backup to Bergkamp and Henry for a number of years. Played wide a lot as well.

Whereas Kane had a few seasons out developing at Leicester and Norwich and came back still young but much more of a goalscorer.

In short, no point comparing career stats. You have to look at the player at the time of signing.

It's like comparing Ronaldo's first 3 seasons at United to Nani's 3 first 3 seasons. Ronaldo took a significant step up after that Nani never could.

JohnnyLaw

I'm not saying the original point you replied to is valid but your stats aren't proof to the contrary.

Van Persie the season we signed him, was the best striker in the world. No point talking about his stats from his entire career at Arsenal as he wasn't a goalscorer when signed and played backup to Bergkamp and Henry for a number of years. Played wide a lot as well.

Whereas Kane had a few seasons out developing at Leicester and Norwich and came back still young but much more of a goalscorer.

In short, no point comparing career stats. You have to look at the player at the time of signing.

It's like comparing Ronaldo's first 3 seasons at United to Nani's 3 first 3 seasons. Ronaldo took a significant step up after that Nani never could.
Well, it all depends on what criteria you’re discussing. I wrote a general response to what I found to be general statement.
I don’t think it’s an irrelevant sample, both broke into the premier league at approximately 21 years old, almost the exact same amount of games and game time and they’re both attackers who’ll be mainly judged by their production which was also at a very similar level. Of course there are caveats to this, (injuries, competition) but I though it was at least a decent starting point for a discussion.
RvP was 29 when he joined us, Kane is 26 so it’s not like I’m comparing the inception of their careers.
Van Persie was incredible in his prime, arguably far better than anything Kane has produced thus far but there was no criteria in the post I responded to and consistency isn’t an unimportant factor.

Bubz27

Well, it all depends on what criteria you’re discussing. I wrote a general response to what I found to be general statement.
I don’t think it’s an irrelevant sample, both broke into the premier league at approximately 21 years old, almost the exact same amount of games and game time and they’re both attackers who’ll be mainly judged by their production which was also at a very similar level. Of course there are caveats to this, (injuries, competition) but I though it was at least a decent starting point for a discussion.
RvP was 29 when he joined us, Kane is 26 so it’s not like I’m comparing the inception of their careers.
Van Persie was incredible in his prime, arguably far better than anything Kane has produced thus far but there was no criteria in the post I responded to and consistency isn’t an unimportant factor.
The criteria doesn't have to be spelt out. If you're signing a player, it doesn't really matter what they did 7 years previously, does it? I'd argue the most important period is the 24 months before you sign them. Are they on an upward curve? Is their form just a purple patch? Are they likely to continue or drop off?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Fergie would have signed Kane first chance he got. Would have worried about tactics/Greenwood etc. after.

Paxi

I don't think Kane is anywhere near as good of an all round player as Robin van Persie was. Robin was supremely talented but he was hampered by injuries. I know Kane has his fair share of injuries too but I don't think Kane will get any better than he is now and as great if a goalscorer that he is, I'd have a fit and firing Robin van Persie over him 10 times out of ten over fit and firing Harry Kane. Take nothing away from Kane, an amazing goalscorer with really good link up play but for me RvP everytime.

NoPace

Fergie would have signed Kane first chance he got. Would have worried about tactics/Greenwood etc. after.
Yeah but Fergie also won CL quarterfinals with Ronny Johnsen in midfield and stuff you can't do anymore and we certainly can't do without a manager of his quality, which we're unlikely to find even if we do replace.

Kane could be a huge success here but also better chance that most he's a Sanchez or even a last 3 years Rooney type with his injuries and having played 390 games for Club and Country. That's getting up there

Also worth noting his goals per game in the Prem peaked at .097 in 16-17, then has dropped 3 years in a row down to 0.81 down to 0.6 down to .55, though to be fair his England rate has basically stayed at the same 1 in 1 elite level over that period. (in the equivalent of another full season over the last 3 years)

Seems like a good signing for like 30 or 40M, even on massive wages, but not for 70 or 80M, even though target men and central players less reliant on pace seem to age better.

Definitely wouldn't spend the money until a RW, another midfielder (2 if Pogba goes) and an LB and probably a CB are signed; Martial and Greenwood are worth being more optimistic about than the young or prime options at those spots.

cyberman

Yeah, he always front loaded the attack with the best players he could get.
Its why he got RVP when he just signed Kagawa

RUCK4444

Yeah, he always front loaded the attack with the best players he could get.
Its why he got RVP when he just signed Kagawa
Say what? Kagawa was a no 10

But yeah Fergie always went heavy in attack, it’s cliche but goals do win you games ultimately.

I love the Idea of signing Sancho, love it.

However I can’t help but feel signing Kane would have SUCH a bigger impact.

cyberman

But yeah Fergie always went heavy in attack, it’s cliche but goals do win you games ultimately.

It shoved Rooney back and took away his position

hubbuh

Rashford - Kane - James
vs
Rashford - Martial - Sancho
It’s the second one all day long (in this either or hypothetical).

RUCK4444

Rashford - Kane - James
vs
Rashford - Martial - Sancho
It’s the second one all day long (in this either or hypothetical).
For balance I agree. But there are more goals in the former.

Like I say, I will be GUTTED if we don't get Sancho but my head says Kane is the more important signing if both are available. In terms of long term impact and increasing our chances of silverware.

It's quite easy to forget just how good Kane is when you throw a name like Sancho into the mix, especially when the former has had some recent injuries.

Of course my ideal, and I really believe United must strike now and flex any financial muscle we have, would be to get Kane and Sancho this summer. It won't happen, huge outlay etc, but you wont find a better chance to get both and most likely at a knockdown rate with a clearer shot at each of them with other clubs struggling.

JohnnyLaw

The criteria doesn't have to be spelt out. If you're signing a player, it doesn't really matter what they did 7 years previously, does it? I'd argue the most important period is the 24 months before you sign them. Are they on an upward curve? Is their form just a purple patch? Are they likely to continue or drop off?
I wasn’t evaluating them from a transfer-target point of view though as that’s not the meaning I drew from the post I responded to, I was trying to look at them objectively as players.
Which means evaluating them based on their entire body of work.
Whilst RvP had the higher peaks, Kane has been alot more consistant than RvP. To say they’re incomparable is a strange suggeestion unless you specify what you actually mean by that in some way, are we talking technical ability? Raw talent?

Bubz27

I wasn’t evaluating them from a transfer-target point of view though as that’s not the meaning I drew from the post I responded to, I was trying to look at them objectively as players.
Which means evaluating them based on their entire body of work.
Whilst RvP had the higher peaks, Kane has been alot more consistant than RvP. To say they’re incomparable is a strange suggeestion unless you specify what you actually mean by that in some way, are we talking technical ability? Raw talent?
The thing is, this is the transfer forum and people are discussing signing him. If we want to talk about Kane as a player and RVP as a player, it wouldn't be in this forum mate. I do get what you're saying, but think this being a transfer thread means we can infer we're discussing the signing of Kane.

And I don't think I said they're incomparable?

Bondi77

The only reason Kane will leave Spurs and play for another English club will be for a monster wage so that brings in the usual suspects: Us, Citeh and Chelski so if there is truth that he wants to go I would make the London club the favourite.

Bondi77

Real Madrid buy the best players in the Premier League and if they are going to buy anyone it will probably be Kane as he would have the highest value.

James Peril

Kane isn't anywhere near RvP level. There is no comparison to be had.
Well that’s just not true - at all. As always, being injured and not able to create headlines drags down reputation. Just look at Pogba now, he’s suddenly on level with Jonjo Shelvey and will never get into the team, besides the fact that we’ve had a terrible season and lie 5th/6th depending on Sheffield feckin United. Harry Kane is a fantastic player, just like RVP, scores goals just like RVP did (in fact, he scores more goals) - and gets injured a lot... just like RVP..and RVN

Status
Not open for further replies.