Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasolin

£50m :lol:

Jeez ...how do you think he’ll react?
He'll say no but you know, in that COVID 19 world, I was hope for some pressure on Levy... and maybe he would come back with 150m, we keep the 50m, and see how low he can go.
And Kane starts saying that United is a big club, etc...

TheLord

27 years old, injury prone, with no re-sale value, widespread economic constraints....
£ 80 million give or take 5 million, I say.

Scholsey2004

I'd rather we go after creative players like Sancho, Grealish or Maddison right now rather than blow a huge chunk of money on Kane.

DarkXaero

I don't think this "transfer" is worth talking about. First of all, Levy will never sell the Spurs' biggest star, and the biggest English star right now to league rivals (he seems to hate us as well). Second, if Harry Kane does leave Spurs, they'll demand an astronomical fee, a record-breaking caliber fee. It's just not worth getting into this, no matter how good it would be to watch Harry Kane play for Man United.

Cliche Guevara

I don't understand such messages. Do you reckon Woodward and Levy and the others are going to lose sleep over a random guy on an internet forum threatening to boycott football? You may be fed up with the game and the crazy money being spent. But what would prompt you to announce to the world that you are on the verge of 'walking away from football.' Surely, you would just do it if it bugged you so. Also, how much would you be ok with us splurging on Kane? Would 100m keep you in good humor? I'll have a word with the higher ups, if that's so.

Btw, totally agree on him not being worth 200m.
Yeah I never really understand that myself. Who gives a shit really? It’s not real money and it’s generated by the game itself and circulated through the game.

At what point does the financial element of the game genuinely have an emotional impact on a supporter?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
That's terrible logic when you're discussing a striker.
It’s not. See my previous post.

Shearer had all of his best goal scoring behind him when he signed for Newcastle. He played 10 years there.

Did he have no value after his goal scoring peak? It’s daft to just register Kane as past his peak when he will play at least another 6-8 years and score goals anywhere he goes.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The reality check that football gets if Covid measures runs until September will be unreal.

I can’t see more than a handful of clubs buying players for £50m.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I dont think we should be breaking our transfer record on Harry Kane
We won't be. It's a pure nonsense story. Only way he will join a PL rival is if he runs down his contract but nobody will want him then anyway. He was stupid signing that contract. He's trapped himself into a club that wins nothing. It's Spurs or Abroad now and I doubt foreign teams will pay enough for Levy to sell him either. His career will be one huge regret I bet. Worse than Shearer as he actually won a title with Blackburn

big rons sovereign

Harry Redknapp says United wouldn't be a step up. Harry Redknapp says he should go to Barca or Madrid. Harry Redknapp who bought the same 3 players 4 times and conned his way through a management career hiding behind his staff.
Harry Redknapp.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Harry Redknapp says United wouldn't be a step up. Harry Redknapp says he should go to Barca or Madrid. Harry Redknapp who bought the same 3 players 4 times and conned his way through a management career hiding behind his staff.
Harry Redknapp.
Is this a new chant or something?

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Our priority surely is a right winger and in case Pogba leaves another creative midfielder beside Bruno.
Getting Kane surely means no Sancho so we would need a cheaper alternative. We might try to push Martial to the right, but I do not think this will be the solution.
Even if we sell Pogba and replace him with a cheaper option like e.g. Grealish it won’t be enough to get Sancho and Kane. The absolute maximum I can see us spending is 150 Mio net, probably more around 100 with Bruno already in.

UpWithRivers

Lots of pros cons ifs and buts. However Rashford-Kane-Sancho with Fernandes + Pogba behind them would be friggin madness! In a good way...

zenith

No way is this happening. He's too expensive, injury prone and on a long term contract with spurs.

Besides, we have other priorities, within our limited budget

Red Daz

Not this year but I wouldn’t bet against next summer , especially if we make strides , challenging, sign Sancho etc .
Levy might be tempted to cash in a year down the line , he won’t sell now, no chance

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No thanks. He is good striker, but we are better off spending the huge sum of money elsewhere.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
You would spend 80 million on him and half way through the season, have him on another injury lay off for two months and Lingard starting because RW was put off for yet another year.

It would be a terribly unwise decision.

His movement isn’t what it was. He is still a great player but I think his longevity is under question. These injuries begin to take their toll.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
27 years old, injury prone, with no re-sale value, widespread economic constraints....
£ 80 million give or take 5 million, I say.
Didn't realize he'll be 27 this July. Wow.. times goes fast.

Scholsey2004

Realistically we'll make only one big money if that in the next window. Sancho is what, 7 years younger than Kane? That's a lot more football left in the tank than Kane has. Will likely cost less as well. I think we'll sign Ighalo, Sancho (I hope) and Bellingham. That's still a huge layout in a period where revenue will be massively hit.

Last edited:

RkkMan

Signing him this summer wouldn`t be wise but assuming we get Sancho this year, next summer is the best time to revisit this transfer. We`ll have had a clearer picture of whether Martial is consistent enough. If he still flatters to deceive Kane would be the perfect replacement, at 28 he`ll still be in his prime with 3-4 good years left at top level.

crossy1686

career ending
Not sold on Kane to be honest.

We'd almost certainly be paying for Tottenham's stadium by buying him for a start and the fact he can't see out a full season without getting a long term injury is a concern, that isn't going to get better as he ages unless he changes his game. Also heard from a Tottenham player recently that his 'ego' was a challenge to deal with sometimes.

We should only sign him if Spurs are on their arse and have to sell for around £50m.

tenpoless

Don't think He has reached his peak and He's definitely not old. 30 y.o is old when it comes into new signing. But since He'll cost a lot of money, We better spend it elsewhere. He's not what We should after for now.

At some point He will get sick of Tottenham and Jose.Maybe in two years Jose would have completely destroyed Tottenham and then the boy inside of Kane will whisper "Manchester United". That is how We get Kane at his peak scoring 45 goals a season for only £24 million and wins us the league.

After that Ole retires and Moyes returns.

Last edited:

macheda14

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...yer-of-harry-kane-cost-out-of-reach-tottenham

If this is true, where does it leave us in terms of other expensive signings?
I have a feeling this is a story written on a slow news day. You can tell because half of the article is just filler. Even if it isn’t, I think it’s probably looking at Kane in addition to targets we already have. In a normal window the club would try and find the additional funds to make this happen on top of their planned transfer strategy.

NoPace

If there's money left over after signing a RW, LB, CB and a Pogba replacement (or extending Pogba, either way it's expensive) to ensure Bruno isn't our only creative central midfield player than fine, sign Kane. But that's probably 200M away and even more if the RW is Sancho.

Greenwood and Martial are just more likely to give us equal to or better play than Kane as a 9, than the options at those others positions are to outperform 40-50M signings at those spots.

Greenwood was one of the top 2-3 goals per minutes players this year in the Prem for a while, not sure where he finished, and Martial scored the same number of goals as Kane in 100 less minutes.

And that's assuming Kane doesn't decline further with injury stuff. Just seems like it makes more sense for other clubs than it does for us. We don't need to be in an insane hurry.

Kane to Juve or Madrid then to Newcastle in 2 years, imo.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Kane to Juve or Madrid then to Newcastle in 2 years, imo.
Probably to Madrid, seems a ready made replacement for Benzema who is 32 now, even if he is experiencing a bit of a renaissance. Bale, Modric, Isco and Benzema out, Mbappe and Kane in. Fifa mode enabled, more play time for Vinicius, make it happen RM!!

Hazard - Kane - Mbappe, not a bad front three.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Probably to Madrid, seems a ready made replacement for Benzema who is 32 now, even if he is experiencing a bit of a renaissance. Bale, Modric, Isco and Benzema out, Mbappe and Kane in. Fifa mode enabled, more play time for Vinicius, make it happen RM!!

Can't see Madrid buying Mbappe and Kane.

cant see him moving this year given the uncertainty of everything. by next season he’s potentially missed the boat of a big money transfer. He will be 28 by the start of the 21/22 season - he won’t be passed it by any stretch of the imagination, but clubs are not going to pay a massive transfer fee for him. I feel this was his last opportunity to make the move he deserves.

NoPace

Can't see Madrid buying Mbappe and Kane.
I don't see them buying Kane at all. Maybe on a free. They'll probably sign Mbappe and have him and Hazard form a front 3 with whoever becomes world class first from Rodrygo, Vinicius, Odegaard or Asensio. Odegaard could also be the 10 but Valverde seems to have made the leap and Kroos isn't washed up yet and I don't see Zidane going without a defensive midfielder and dropping Kroos back unless they sign Pogba or a similar box to box star and that would still leave Odegaard in the front 3.

Basically new Bale will be Vinicius, Rodrygo or Asensio and new Isco will be Odegaard. Hazard is Cristiano (but less goals) and Mbappe will be Benzema (but more goals).

RyRoc

I know he's just come back from injury but what on earth has happened to his all round game? He'll always be a fantastic goalscorer but a few years ago he was the complete number with an excellent touch, reliable hold up play and crisp passing. Last couple of years that's been far from the case and even when he's scored goals I've felt he hasn't played particularly well. Tonight was difficult to watch him - the ball kept bouncing off of it him and some of the execution of his passes were appalling, did he have a shot other then that appalling free-kick?

Status
Not open for further replies.