Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes turned into pretty much a nothing player over the past year. Can be a poacher to get some goals but not a complete forward anymore. Past it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Poor mans RVN. No shame in that but I’d be gutted if we signed him. The whole tea, has to be built to give him chances.

acnumber9

It was difficult for him in his new role as a defensive midfielder. I’m not sure it will catch on.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Poor mans RVN. No shame in that but I’d be gutted if we signed him. The whole tea, has to be built to give him chances.
Have you watched him much over the last 4 years? I'm not sure you have based on that incredible insight you have.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Have you watched him much over the last 4 years? I'm not sure you have based on that incredible insight you have.
Don't agree with the above poster but Jose is not the right man for him for sure. He would thrive in that City line up as a replacement for Kun.

RyRoc

He is not even close to the player he was in 2016 , his all round play has been poor for at least 18 months now.

Walters_19_MuFc

Won't be scoring many goals playing in the number 6 role. Seriously, though, he was really poor. Even before his injury, he's always likely to grab a goal, which ultimately is your job as a striker, but doesn't seem to do a lot more nowadays, unfortunately.

Teja

His role under Jose doesn't really suit him, he's more dangerous further up the field and he's being asked to play the Benzema role and get Son / whoever is on the RW more chances.

Anyway, I won't be too quick to judge, he's coming from a long injury layoff. Not like Rashford lit the place up today either.

Lee565

I can't see how he will want to stay at spurs come next season with no European football and Mourinho still there.

Bojan11

I can't see how he will want to stay at spurs come next season with no European football and Mourinho still there.
He needs to leave. But who is willing to pay the price for him especially in current circumstances? I wouldn’t want us spending all our transfer cash on him.

croadyman

He needs to leave. But who is willing to pay the price for him especially in current circumstances? I wouldn’t want us spending all our transfer cash on him.
Yeah would be all over it if we had the ability to spend like City and had their squad depth already

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He should be paid in the ranks of Aguero or KDB or Sanchez. Spurs are neither offering money nor competing for trophies. He is wasting his talent tbh.

Mindhunter

Yet he went on and signed a 5 year deal knowing fully well how Levy uses then during his negotiations. Spurs recent record for letting their players move on to better opportunities have been shambolic and yet he does something like that.

That tells me he is happy to be a big fish in a small pond. He feels so comfortable at Spurs that going to a different league (Levy won't sell him to a domestic rival) isn't lucrative to him. He would instead stay at Spurs and become their most celebrated player. I fully expect him to stay at Spurs until he is 32 or 33 after which he may try a lower club or cross the Atlantic to the USA.

Judas

Open to offers
He's 100% regressed in the last couple of years as an overall player. Still a good goalscorer, but thats his only contribution and its often covering up for his total lack of influence.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Repeated injuries will take its toll soon.
He needs to do what he can to leave.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
He's still the best striker in England in my opinion. Injuries have hindered him recently and playing in a Spurs team which is in transition/decline hasn't helped, but he's a class act. He's been overplayed with England and Spurs and given adequate time to rest I think we will see the best of him again.

romufc

The problem is Levy. No way he lets Kane go for anything less than £120m. I cannot see any team paying that money for him either.

His pace will drop even further, plus his injury record, it would be a big risk to spend anything over £80m on him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Kane made his bed.

He's chosen to be a 1 club man and settle for average pay to become the clubs top goalscorer.

Fair play to him but I think i'd choose more money and trophies elsewhere mind.

Not sure he will be leaving Spurs until his contract runs out which will bring him close to 30, and he's already slowing down thanks to injuries.

While he's still a top marksman i'm just not sure anybody will be willing to spend over 100m on him.

Leg-End

He's soon to be 27, still has plenty of seasons left in the tank. He's come back from a pretty bad injury and not really got going yet, give him a proper rest and pre-season he will be fine.

His biggest issue is his manager and his contract if he genuinely has ambition.

jamesjimmybyrondean

There's no place for him to go. Barcelona don't have the money and want Lautaro, Madrid still have a performing Benzema, Bayern still have Lewandowski, Juve will never pay up, Psg hot Icardi. It would have been easier for him if to leave if he didn't sign that contract. Now he's stuck there

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He doesn't seem to move like he used to. He's never been quick but he definitely seems like he's lost half a yard of pace over last 12 months which at 27 is worrying. I think the injuries are now catching up with him.

There's better options out there for us now. We might even have his successor in the national team already at the club.

TheReligion

Abusive
He doesn't seem to move like he used to. He's never been quick but he definitely seems like he's lost half a yard of pace over last 12 months which at 27 is worrying. I think the injuries are now catching up with him.

There's better options out there for us now. We might even have his successor in the national team already at the club.
You have high hopes for Lingard it seems

treble_winner

Kane made his bed.

He's chosen to be a 1 club man and settle for average pay to become the clubs top goalscorer.

Fair play to him but I think i'd choose more money and trophies elsewhere mind.

Not sure he will be leaving Spurs until his contract runs out which will bring him close to 30, and he's already slowing down thanks to injuries.

While he's still a top marksman i'm just not sure anybody will be willing to spend over 100m on him.
The football world is really tough, I guess...
Kane chose to be a loyal star in the team. Now he is deemed as being foolish to sign such a contract and wastes his best years there.
Griezmann did the opposite and turned to Barcelona. Now he gets criticized for being a snake and it "serves him right" to rot on Barcelona's bench.
Sometimes I feel for these star players, having to make such touch choices with drastic consequences in this merciless football world.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
More Teddy Sheringham than Alan Shearer now
Nothing wrong with that (Teddy was a fantastic player) but his goal scoring record is still outstanding. I wouldn't blame him for looking to leave Spurs in the next 2 years unless things change but obviously I really hope he doesn't.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He needs to move. Still a terrific player but needs to be in a more attacking system where he gets better service. He really deserves to play for a Bayern/Real/United. Kind of sad to see him laboring on with Spurs.

Adam-Utd

The football world is really tough, I guess...
Kane chose to be a loyal star in the team. Now he is deemed as being foolish to sign such a contract and wastes his best years there.
Griezmann did the opposite and turned to Barcelona. Now he gets criticized for being a snake and it "serves him right" to rot on Barcelona's bench.
Sometimes I feel for these star players, having to make such touch choices with drastic consequences in this merciless football world.
Don't get me wrong I admire his choice, he will become a Spurs legend no doubt.

But when he looks back on his career similarly to Alan Shearer, will he wish he was a bit more selfish? plenty of big name players leave their home clubs to search for more individual glory.

Look at lewandowski for example, scored plenty for Dortmund but realised he wasn't going to win much so left for the better club. Now he's paid more, scores more and wins more.

Perhaps Kane didn't have a "better" option in his eyes, but a player of his ability should really have a trophy to their name.

Andersons Dietician

Don't get me wrong I admire his choice, he will become a Spurs legend no doubt.

But when he looks back on his career similarly to Alan Shearer, will he wish he was a bit more selfish? plenty of big name players leave their home clubs to search for more individual glory.

Look at lewandowski for example, scored plenty for Dortmund but realised he wasn't going to win much so left for the better club. Now he's paid more, scores more and wins more.

Perhaps Kane didn't have a "better" option in his eyes, but a player of his ability should really have a trophy to their name.
To be fair to Kane when he was in his pomp Spurs did seem to be going places so he could be forgiven for thinking maybe it’s worthwhile sticking around. Down turn in Poch and some bad signings and it’s a bit like the wheels have come off

Adam-Utd

To be fair to Kane when he was in his pomp Spurs did seem to be going places so he could be forgiven for thinking maybe it’s worthwhile sticking around. Down turn in Poch and some bad signings and it’s a bit like the wheels have come off
Yeah timing is important, I just think sometimes if you're a star player these long term contracts are a bit foolish. Why sign for 6 years instead of 3? these days it's a players market and they hold the power.

I guess as you say maybe he felt Spurs would always be challengers, but they now seem back to their 6th place average.

RyRoc

When he signed that 5 year deal I can’t imagine he could ever predict a situation where Spurs sacked Poch and replaced him with Mourinho. I think that would have changed a lot and I expect that he will push for a move at some point although maybe not this summer given because of injuries he’s not contributed much this campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.