Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkXaero

His contract situation makes it impossible to make a move for him. I also don't see him being worth it at this point.

SAFMUTD

He has regressed, of course injuries have affected him but he doesnt look anywhere near the level he used to had. From 2015 through 2017 he had the world at his feet, was 23 years old and could get into practically any starting XI in the world. Now 2 years later his numbers have decreassed a lot from having 29-30 goals a season he is not even getting 20 goals (17 last season and 13 this season) and not only that, but it seems his overall play has diminished he doesnt look as dangerous as he once looked.

At the moment I wouldnt take him for 60M, nevermind the 150M he was being quoted.

Who in central midfield can create for him? Son isn't a prolific passer and is more of a goal threat than pure chance creator for Kane, same with Alli.

The biggest missing piece for Spurs is Eriksen. Always has been and always will be. They played a tight 433, pressed and closed down all over the place, and had the tendency to score goals and inflate a scoreline or their GD after 1 or 2 nil. The highest scoring season for Spurs the past 10 years is 86 league goals in 16/17 when Spurs finished second behind Chelsea. It has proven to be a complete outlier.

However Kane, Son, and Alli played well together with Eriksen delivering set pieces and great balls from open play and made everything tick. Danny Rose also could supply good service. They were just a tick fast and played everything through Eriksen and Kane. As Eriksen went, as did Kane and Spurs went. The improbable run in the CL was another outlier compounded by the fact that Spurs, while playing really good in many of the matches, were punching way above their weight and overperforming, but that's the beauty of cup competitions.

Goals and assists in the PL for Kane and Eriksen since 14/15:
- 21 G / 5 A (Kane) and 10 / 2 (Eriksen)
- 25 G / 1 A and 6 / 15
- 29 G / 7 A and 8 / 15
- 30 G / 3 A and 10 / 11
- 17 G / 4 A and 8 / 12

Those are from transfermrkt and shows how good and important Kane and Eriksen had been to Spurs during their best years. Kane also played most of those league games, but injury really set him back last year and again this season, coupled with the clear absence of Eriksen or his performance towards the last year of his Spurs tenure.

But now they have Lo Celso and Lamela playing that role or similar to it and it's not nearly as effective. Ndombele has been a terrible transfer thus far and even if he could improve and show his talent, I don't think he was ever a creative player like Eriksen.

Kane would do extremely well at City and would be a great replacement for Aguero, but that's on him and Levy. They'd be losing a captain and England's captain and England's best center forward/striker.
Good anaylsis, thanks

romufc

His contract situation makes it impossible to make a move for him. I also don't see him being worth it at this point.
Exactly. I was watching the game yesterday with a mate and he said he feels sorry for Kane. However; I do not because he knows the club he is at, he knows what Levy is like and signed a 5 year contract at 25.

It is almost impossible for a team to get him out of his contract. He is ageing, and already lacked pace so no one will spend £120m or more for him,

ICHM

The Kane transfer timescale for us has passed. Why would we take him over our younger and getting better strikers? We now have back-up until Christmas and then can dip into the market when the prices drop again due to debt at clubs. Kane needs it fed to him and we don't do that. He is now injury prone and would be stupid money.

Would we drop Martial for Kane? Not at the moment.

dbs235

He gets absolutely no service whatsover. Genuinely think he'd score more goals at Norwich at this rate. Has to go around his own penalty box looking for the ball if he wants a touch. Needs to get out of Spurs ASAP.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think he'd be lethal with the likes of Martial, Rashford, Sancho (hopefully), Greenwood, Bruno and Pogba around him.

Problem is, Spurs will want way too much for him and with them dropping down the league, being managed by a guy that does nothing for Kane, it'll be life destroying for Kane this
Feel we would be a worse "team" with him in the side. Feel we'd rely on him and build a side to get him chances and if he has a bad game we would struggle. Or he could just gel and be part of five players who all contribute.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
playing under Mourinho is going to dent his reputation massively.

He's a penalty box striker, who's team are rarely ever going to get into the box. The 2nd half he did nothing at all.

I have a feeling this summer he might start making noises about a new challenge.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Question is, Kane says he wants to leave this summer.

Do you a) break thee bank and secure him, hoping he will fire your team to the title like RVP?

Or b) let a rival sign him and hope he doesn't kick on and fire them to the league?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Question is, Kane says he wants to leave this summer.

Do you a) break thee bank and secure him, hoping he will fire your team to the title like RVP?

Or b) let a rival sign him and hope he doesn't kick on and fire them to the league?
Definitely not this summer. We have more pressing needs to fill. You have to sacrifice either one of them in the starting lineup and both Martial and Rashford just proved they can score 20 goals and they were both injured for parts of the season. You got to trust them next year if not they lose confidence. We have moved away from the team signing shiny new toys every year and I hope we stick to that and sign players that fill our needs first.

Saddy

I would still consider a trade for Martial who appeared to be wanted by Levy/Poch but I presume Jose wouldn't fit with Martial - I think Martial is starting to get more consistent but a fully fit Kane leading our line with the supporting attackers / midfielders around him would elevate our chances higher imo.

Kane surely needs the re-motivation of a new project and he must move in 2 years

SATA

City should be buying him to replace Aguero if Pep has any sense. They bought Kyle Walker from Spurs and they can certainly buy Kane if they cough up the dosh again

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Would you take Kane and Sancho, but not bolster the midfield?

I was thinking about the fact last night that United could rely on youth in the Carabao Cup and the FA Cup, letting the starting XI play in the League / CL.

That was although squad depth is an issue its less games for the first choice XI, is McT, Pogba, Bruno, Matic, Fred enough with bolstering the attacking options?

I always wonder about Kane with how Tottenham are right now, he's 26 right now, and we know that Ole has commented on bringing a striker in.

Kane would give United a good 5 years considering his age, it would be an interesting prospect.

Mcking

Would you take Kane and Sancho, but not bolster the midfield?

I was thinking about the fact last night that United could rely on youth in the Carabao Cup and the FA Cup, letting the starting XI play in the League / CL.

That was although squad depth is an issue its less games for the first choice XI, is McT, Pogba, Bruno, Matic, Fred enough with bolstering the attacking options?

I always wonder about Kane with how Tottenham are right now, he's 26 right now, and we know that Ole has commented on bringing a striker in.

Kane would give United a good 5 years considering his age, it would be an interesting prospect.
Considering the cost and the options we currently have, no. Infact, I would be reluctant to bring in Kane right now even for a cut-price, nevermind for over £100m.

I feel we are on the verge of building something special, and we've got to try and avoid the wrong buttons. Martial as our premier striker could give us a lot more than 5 years if everything works out.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Considering the cost and the options we currently have, no. Infact, I would be reluctant to bring in Kane right now even for a cut-price, nevermind for over £100m.

I feel we are on the verge of building something special, and we've got to try and avoid the wrong buttons. Martial as our premier striker could give us a lot more than 5 years if everything works out.
I completely agree on the something special, just Ole has mentioned publicly several times about wanting to sign a striker

crossy1686

career ending
Kane made his bed.

He's chosen to be a 1 club man and settle for average pay to become the clubs top goalscorer.

Fair play to him but I think i'd choose more money and trophies elsewhere mind.

Not sure he will be leaving Spurs until his contract runs out which will bring him close to 30, and he's already slowing down thanks to injuries.

While he's still a top marksman i'm just not sure anybody will be willing to spend over 100m on him.
Kane’s people approached United this season about a possible transfer. Kane himself believes he should be playing Champions League football and he will leave Tottenham to get it.
The issue with Kane is that no one wants to negotiate with Levy and no one wants to pay what Levy rates him as worth.

gajender

I completely agree on the something special, just Ole has mentioned publicly several times about wanting to sign a striker
Actions speak louder than words we have been linked with numerous strikers but the common theme among them was they were more of rotation options rather than outrightly capable of replacing Martial. With emergence of Greenwood and possible arrival of Sancho and actual functioning midfield it would be interesting to see Rashford progression as Centre forward as well.

Judas

Open to offers
Kane may have missed his window, and so might have Spurs. He's not getting any younger, he simply doesn't quite look the same player either. I still think there's a chance he ends up at City eventually, but there's not even the same chat around him in the media.

I'd have very little interest for the money it would take.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Kane’s people approached United this season about a possible transfer. Kane himself believes he should be playing Champions League football and he will leave Tottenham to get it.
The issue with Kane is that no one wants to negotiate with Levy and no one wants to pay what Levy rates him as worth.
I'd love to where you plucked all that information from? Do you have insider knowledge on Kane?

Mainoldo

We need that money to rebuild our team. Kane doesn’t move us forward. Sancho and. Co does.

crossy1686

career ending

United We Stand had a good article on Kane and United.

Essentially bringing Kane in would be similar to having a player like Ruud again, which was fine but saw us become over reliant on one play and a certain way of playing. We then switched our system for a more dynamic and modern front three which saw us compete on all fronts.

I personally feel that signing Kane would stifle the team as you have to build the team around him and his goals.

Mcking

I wouldn't pay much heed to what Ole says tbh. Martial has done more than enough to earn next season and I'm convinced Ole won't be looking to spend big bucks to replace him so soon.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I think Kane is a great player but he will be shagged by the time he is 30. Spurs have ran him into the ground like a Blackpool donkey with the only rest he gets during the season is an injury.

Kane is looking leggy every time I see him play lately and needs to get a move ASAP as Jose and Spurs are not the answer to his ambitions, as the whole team seems in decline.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why would we spend the amount of money on Kane, when we potentially have 3, 20+ goal forwards at the club. Waste of money IMO and i'm glad we didn't break the bank earlier for him. I much prefer how we play now. Still never forgiven him for Croatia as well.

Mcking

United We Stand had a good article on Kane and United.

Essentially bringing Kane in would be similar to having a player like Ruud again, which was fine but saw us become over reliant on one play and a certain way of playing. We then switched our system for a more dynamic and modern front three which saw us compete on all fronts.

I personally feel that signing Kane would stifle the team as you have to build the team around him and his goals.
I could see it going a similar way. Although Ruud was a great striker and delivered for us across competitions, I just think our current team has the potential to dominate for years. You don't want a striker that would put the likes of Greenwood, Rashford, Martial and Sancho on the periphery.

Considering the amount Kane would cost, sacrifices would have to be made to maximize him. We can't afford that right now.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Why would we spend the amount of money on Kane, when we potentially have 3, 20+ goal forwards at the club. Waste of money IMO and i'm glad we didn't break the bank earlier for him. I much prefer how we play now. Still never forgiven him for Croatia as well.
That world cup would have been a walk in the park honestly, it literally required one good performance against France and it would have been won, a real shame.

I think Ole wants 'competitions for places' hence a striker of a high caliber, I don't think Ighalo is a permanent signing

Resch

Who wants Kane for 100 mill + this year, if you can have Haaland for 80 mill next year. We have three strikers, who could score 50- 60 goals. A backup striker, who can score too. If we need more goals, sign Sancho. He will give us another 15 goals and will increase the productivity of the team. Next year sign Haaland and the attack is worldclass and sorted for the next 5 years.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
City should be buying him to replace Aguero if Pep has any sense. They bought Kyle Walker from Spurs and they can certainly buy Kane if they cough up the dosh again
Pep has never played well with an out and out strike (lets be honest, he had no competition at Bayern and regularly got spanked by Real and Barca in the CL).

Same with Barca when he had Zlatan. Just doesn't work for him.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Pep has never played well with an out and out strike (lets be honest, he had no competition at Bayern and regularly got spanked by Real and Barca in the CL).

Same with Barca when he had Zlatan. Just doesn't work for him.
I think with Zlatan he had a problem with the fact that Zlatan has his own opinions and he is a huge personality.

I haven't really seen any really 'strong minded' players under Pep that have the kind of aura of Zlatan, for example Lahm, Xavi, Iniesta all brilliant players but they aren't really outspoken as much as Zlatan was. I don't think it's because he doesn't like a striker like Kane, I just think Zlatan was a special case for him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That world cup would have been a walk in the park honestly, it literally required one good performance against France and it would have been won, a real shame.

I think Ole wants 'competitions for places' hence a striker of a high caliber, I don't think Ighalo is a permanent signing
Well, I'm not sure France would have been such a walk in the park! but yeah, there's no way we should have lost to Croatia.

Yeah competition doesn't require you blowing the majority of your transfer budget on someone where we're already quite stacked. I'd rather we spent 80m on Koulibaly.

Zambara

Very surprising that he's due to turn 27. His career has sailed by, random MBE not withstanding.

Almost makes you see the point of agents like Raiola that contract he signed. Wtf advised him on that.

Suvvernmanc

Kane isnt a proper number 9. He is someone who likes to drop deeper to be involved in build up play and allowing Son etc to get in behind.

I think our current setup is suited to having Martial, Rashford, and Greenwood all floating about in different positions during an attack. Us bringing in Kane would stifle that and change everything.

My brother and dad are season ticket holders at spurs and they both think Son and Moura as the strikers with a #10 in behind would work so much better for Spurs at times and as Kane is the main man, the football doesn't flow as well as it could. He is a natural finisher but cant be compared to a traditional #9.

Id be more happy with Martial than Kane at the moment because our current front 3, hopefully with adding Sancho is exactly what we've wanted here at UTD for so long. Will Martial need competition in the near future once Ighalo is moved on? Yes but I would then want us to get a young fast Martial style forward.

cyberman

Yes, and that's not to put Martial down but a fit Harry Kane is phenomenal
I dunno. Their creative outlets from midfield have really suffered since he decided he wants to drop back all the time.

Thiagoal

I think it would be a massive risk for any team buying Kane now! Is his dip in form for the last year due to how poor Spurs are or is he just on a major decline as a player? For the outlay and wages you’d need to see a fully firing Kane. We made that mistake with Alexis- Arsenal new he was shot and did very well getting rid (stupidly for them they took on our own misfit in return)

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People still clamoring for Kane when our attack is flourishing :lol:

Any addition in attack should be someone to fit our new profile of playing meaning someone who is versatile enough that they can play across the front 3 and someone who won't be succumbing to injuries. No one in their right mind at the club should be willing to spend 100m+ let alone 150m+ for Kane right now.

No need to do Spurs or Kane a favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.