Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I dunno. Their creative outlets from midfield have really suffered since he decided he wants to drop back all the time.
I don't think is style of play has changed since he was red hot under Poch. The entire team around him has collapsed and I think that provides more context to his form than anything else.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He'll always score goals but I think he's past his best and Spurs would gladly take £150m+ to rebuild their team. Which no one will be offering.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Very surprising that he's due to turn 27. His career has sailed by, random MBE not withstanding.

Almost makes you see the point of agents like Raiola that contract he signed. Wtf advised him on that.
In fairness you shouldn't need Raiola to know you're fecking up your career by signing a long term deal with Sprus :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kane isnt a proper number 9. He is someone who likes to drop deeper to be involved in build up play and allowing Son etc to get in behind.

I think our current setup is suited to having Martial, Rashford, and Greenwood all floating about in different positions during an attack. Us bringing in Kane would stifle that and change everything.

My brother and dad are season ticket holders at spurs and they both think Son and Moura as the strikers with a #10 in behind would work so much better for Spurs at times and as Kane is the main man, the football doesn't flow as well as it could. He is a natural finisher but cant be compared to a traditional #9.

Id be more happy with Martial than Kane at the moment because our current front 3, hopefully with adding Sancho is exactly what we've wanted here at UTD for so long. Will Martial need competition in the near future once Ighalo is moved on? Yes but I would then want us to get a young fast Martial style forward.
He absolutely *was* a classic number 9 but for some strange reason because his passing is a little above the norm for a striker, he’s been moulded (whether that’s him personally or a tactical switch from the club) into some sort of pseudo playmaker striker which absolutely doesn’t work.

Harry Kane was getting 25+ goals a season 4 seasons running because he would play upfront and twat the ball as hard as he could at the goalkeeper, as frequently as he could.

Now he shoots at a far lower frequency. And that’s only going to stay that way under the restrictive football of Mourinho.

romufc

People still clamoring for Kane when our attack is flourishing :lol:

Any addition in attack should be someone to fit our new profile of playing meaning someone who is versatile enough that they can play across the front 3 and someone who won't be succumbing to injuries. No one in their right mind at the club should be willing to spend 100m+ let alone 150m+ for Kane right now.

No need to do Spurs or Kane a favor.
I don't think many fans are calling for him to be signed tbf.

He is still a quality Striker but as you say he does not fit our squad at this moment and is injury prone.

I think Kane has chosen this path, he knows what Spurs are under Levy and still signed a massive contract without any clauses to help his own career.

No chance any team spends over £70m for him IMO.

Some strikers you can gamble i.e Auby because of the electric pace but Kane is getting slower every season and he is only 26.

redshaw

Kane isnt a proper number 9. He is someone who likes to drop deeper to be involved in build up play and allowing Son etc to get in behind.

I think our current setup is suited to having Martial, Rashford, and Greenwood all floating about in different positions during an attack. Us bringing in Kane would stifle that and change everything.
Yes, not only does his price tag/contract limit options but he may not slot in well in the few teams out there who could broker a deal. No doubt he's a top player though and very capable.

There's a risk element as well and just may have to see out most of his contract and hope Spurs get back perhaps with a new manager.

Kane would be a great addition later on like Teddy was for us or another club when the time is right for him to be high quality backup player for a big team.

jackal&hyde

United We Stand had a good article on Kane and United.

Essentially bringing Kane in would be similar to having a player like Ruud again, which was fine but saw us become over reliant on one play and a certain way of playing. We then switched our system for a more dynamic and modern front three which saw us compete on all fronts.

I personally feel that signing Kane would stifle the team as you have to build the team around him and his goals.
I agree with this. He is a very good player but doesn't fit the fluid front 3 that we are building, not for the asking price anyway.

-Supreme-

Kane's all round game isn't at the level we want in our number 9, we would be mad to spend over 100m on him when we have a much suitable striker in Martial

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Kane's all round game isn't at the level we want in our number 9, we would be mad to spend over 100m on him when we have a much suitable striker in Martial
He's not at his best right now but, on form, his all-round game is one of his biggest attributes. His ability to drop deeper and link up with people, while being utterly clinical, is what makes him one of the best strikers in the world.

Classical Mechanic

Totally disagree that he can’t play with the kind of wide forwards we have. He does it brilliantly for England. His link up play is top notch in my opinion. He‘d score loads for us. Not that we should sign him mind.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s always got goals, but he’s never impressed me as a player. I’ve never really championed that view, as it obviously looks silly considering his goalscoring record - however, I never watch him and think he’s a top player. He can finish, and he’s forever shooting from anywhere anyway so he’s bound to rack up numbers - but nah, never fancied him.

I feel much the same about him as i did about Shearer when that transfer was talked about. He's clearly a great player but i don't think he would make us a better team, he is best suited to being the big fish in a small pond.

He's not at his best right now but, on form, his all-round game is one of his biggest attributes. His ability to drop deeper and link up with people, while being utterly clinical, is what makes him one of the best strikers in the world.
he would be an absolute superstar in this Utd team - I have no doubts about that.

however, for the money spurs would want, and given he looks like injuries have taken a bit of a toll, I think he’s missed the boat of a big move.

arthurka

Some here had doubts that our strikers were good enough but as it shows under Mourinho you will not score shit..

I feel much the same about him as i did about Shearer when that transfer was talked about. He's clearly a great player but i don't think he would make us a better team, he is best suited to being the big fish in a small pond.
disagree, Shearer and Utd would have been a match made in heaven. We would have done a hell of a lot better in Europe if we had bought him either from Southampton or from Blackburn.

disagree, Shearer and Utd would have been a match made in heaven. We would have done a hell of a lot better in Europe if we had bought him either from Southampton or from Blackburn.
I'm not convinced about that, if we had bought him from Blackburn we would never have seen the Yorke and Cole partnership that propelled us to the Treble. We have never done well with strikers that are more interested in their own goals than the team.

edcunited1878

Kane looks less agile than before. Maybe he's just not in good enough shape since the restart. He'll do well in any side that can give him consistent service and think City would be his only move within England.

Spurs have no creative supplier ever since Eriksen left the club and he's never been replaced. They also aren't defending and pressing as a team, which allows them to transition up the pitch with Son, Alli, or whoever to pass into space for Kane in threatening positions.

I'm not convinced about that, if we had bought him from Blackburn we would never have seen the Yorke and Cole partnership that propelled us to the Treble. We have never done well with strikers that are more interested in their own goals than the team.
Fair enough. clearly we will never know, and pure conjecture from both of us on how he would have done/ not done.

lex talionis

Shearer would have been sensational for us, but the thread is about Kane.

Not interested in any way of bringing him to OT.

Kane looks less agile than before. Maybe he's just not in good enough shape since the restart. He'll do well in any side that can give him consistent service and think City would be his only move within England.

Spurs have no creative supplier ever since Eriksen left the club and he's never been replaced. They also aren't defending and pressing as a team, which allows them to transition up the pitch with Son, Alli, or whoever to pass into space for Kane in threatening positions.
Kane has traditionally been a very slow starter. He had some sort of record of not scoring in August for a few years.

TrustInOle

Guy is a quality goal scorer with a well rounded game. Suffering immensely under Mourinho. Surprised? Not really.

FujiVice

If this was still the late 2000s, where everyone had a ceiling of about £35 million, regardless of the quality, he'd be a perfect signing for anyone. For the amount of money it would take to get him out of Spurs, who is ever going to pay that? We had to essentially kidnap Berbatov and never do business with Daniel Levy again just to get that deal done. And we were European Champions. Getting Kane out of Spurs would be impossible.

Top player for me, though. Lewendowski would struggle in this Spurs side. I've seen more adventure from Challenge Anneka.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He could partner Harry Maguire the way he’s been playing since the restart.

TsuWave

Guy is finished. Levy will probably try and finesse a big club into buying him.

Rolaholic

Guy is finished. Levi will probably try and finesse a big club into buying him.
Under his current manager? Definitely

For his career though? He's only 26 and coming off injury, think he's still got a bit left in the tank even though he's definitely played quite a bit of football the last 5-6 years

UpWithRivers

He used to have a Deli Ali in his prime and Eriksen servicing him. Now what does he have? Nothing. So he drops deep to get the ball. If he as at United with Pogba and Fernandes behind him, he would stay up top and bag 30 goals easy.....if he would stay fit.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Under his current manager? Definitely

For his career though? He's only 26 and coming off injury, think he's still got a bit left in the tank even though he's definitely played quite a bit of football the last 5-6 years
27 in a few weeks, he's basically 30.

Untied

He used to have a Deli Ali in his prime and Eriksen servicing him. Now what does he have? Nothing. So he drops deep to get the ball. If he as at United with Pogba and Fernandes behind him, he would stay up top and bag 30 goals easy.....if he would stay fit.
No. Kane used to be a shot machine, and would make his own shooting opportunities with his pace, touch, shifting the ball, etc.

He's knackered and we shouldn't go anywhere near him

AFC NimbleThumb

If this was still the late 2000s, where everyone had a ceiling of about £35 million, regardless of the quality, he'd be a perfect signing for anyone. For the amount of money it would take to get him out of Spurs, who is ever going to pay that? We had to essentially kidnap Berbatov and never do business with Daniel Levy again just to get that deal done. And we were European Champions. Getting Kane out of Spurs would be impossible.

Top player for me, though. Lewendowski would struggle in this Spurs side. I've seen more adventure from Challenge Anneka.
:lol:

Stacks

He’s always got goals, but he’s never impressed me as a player. I’ve never really championed that view, as it obviously looks silly considering his goalscoring record - however, I never watch him and think he’s a top player. He can finish, and he’s forever shooting from anywhere anyway so he’s bound to rack up numbers - but nah, never fancied him.
I'm currently producing a music video for Harry Kane's highlights titled "y'all must have forgot"

Red_toad

Shearer would have improved United no end. He was a superb striker and would have been our all time top scorer. Shame he joined the toon, he could have achieved so much more in his career.
Kane would also improve the current United team, but he’s never going to be worth the fee Levi would demand. Cursed his own career with that long term contract with a club that was investing heavily into a new ground and not so much into the team that’d be playing in it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Talk of him being finished is nonsense he's still a class act who in the right team would score 30 goals. What this does highlight is that strikers are dependant entirely on the system and the service they receive. This is why it's so ridiculous to see the stick that Martial faces when we barely get him the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.