Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenZRed

I feel bad for him. Now is playing under a negative manager, along with injuries, I would not be surprised if his track record of scoring over 20 goals in all competitions comes to an end. It would be an idea for him to leave Spurs and join Real Madrid, before Spurs implode under The Special One.

I do rate him but don't want him here. City will suit him, not like I want him to join them.

GenZRed

Agreed. He’s either at his peak or just past it. Great goal scorer for spurs but he carries different types of problems to your build up like we had with Lukaku. Good touch and close control but would absolutely require a change of footballing style to accommodate him. If we go for him, we might as well have kept Lukaku and just fire loads of crosses into him instead.
As @Cliche Guevara has already said, that comment is nonsense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Utter nonsense.
Which bit is nonsense? Surely not the bit about not coming into his peak years.

While he might not be as poor to the touch as Lukaku, he'd certainly change our dynamic. And I'd argue certainly not for the better.

Devil81

He's an absolute goal-scoring machine but his injury record and the size of the fee are a negative for me. I think I'd rather we signed Jimenez, yes he's 29 years of age but he misses very little football and he's cost less than half of what Kane would.

He'd also be available given Wolves haven't qualified for Europe.

Zoo

Please for the love of God no! Absolutely don’t want him.

If we aren’t spending 120m on Sancho, we would be stupid to blow a similar figure on him.
Why even post what some fool like Charlie Adam thinks?

Stretender

Why even post what some fool like Charlie Adam thinks?
Exactly my thoughts. Kane should just be ignored. Would be a pointless transfer. We need Haaland, that's it. Kane and Bale must enjoy the fruits of their decision making. Someone signed a stupid contract at Spurs, perennial losers in English football and Bale rejected Fergie so many times. He has won the lot etc with Madrid but he is not respected by the club. I am so happy to see him suffer from that nasty side of Real Madrid

Untd55

Exactly my thoughts. Kane should just be ignored. Would be a pointless transfer. We need Haaland, that's it. Kane and Bale must enjoy the fruits of their decision making. Someone signed a stupid contract at Spurs, perennial losers in English football and Bale rejected Fergie so many times. He has won the lot etc with Madrid but he is not respected by the club. I am so happy to see him suffer from that nasty side of Real Madrid
I wish I could suffer like Bale.

Why do people keep acting like Kane is old. He has only just turned 27.

croadyman

Yeah I would be prepared to wait it out for Haaland on this one

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It would obviously be a bit of a challenge to sign Kane, but you would silly compare trying to sign him with trying to sign De Bruyne and VVD.
Generally, yes. Three weeks before the season starts, when we seemingly cant afford Sancho? Same chance as KDB.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Agreed. He’s either at his peak or just past it. Great goal scorer for spurs but he carries different types of problems to your build up like we had with Lukaku. Good touch and close control but would absolutely require a change of footballing style to accommodate him. If we go for him, we might as well have kept Lukaku and just fire loads of crosses into him instead.
You clearly have never seen Kane play in what way is Kane similar to Lukaku?

What really erks me is so many fans have been waiting for Kane to fail, so many called his first season a fluke, his second was lucky, Spurs play better without him, now he is burst because he is "injury prone". What exactly does the guy have to do? If anything the guy works too hard for the team and for the last season or soo he has been dropping deeper and deeper becoming out play maker rather than staying advanced.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Well I think we need to be honest here, City and Liverpool are bigger and more attractive clubs than us who would have no reason to join United. The way we are as a club who has won nothing recently I can see why Kane would want to leave.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

What really erks me is so many fans have been waiting for Kane to fail, so many called his first season a fluke, his second was lucky, Spurs play better without him, now he is burst because he is "injury prone". What exactly does the guy have to do? If anything the guy works too hard for the team and for the last season or soo he has been dropping deeper and deeper becoming out play maker rather than staying advanced.
Leave :p

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Oh yeah I forgot that one, "he has no ambition" :lol:.
I think he'll be a Shearer for you. No one can afford him and he won't kick up a fuss to leave. I don't think we need him either, not sure why people would want us to try and get Kane (not that we could). As good as he is, it would completely unbalance us.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This transfer worries me a bit.

Kane is at peak age but he could be struggling from carrying Spurs for so long and be burnt out on arrival.

Basically, Alexis Sanchez Syndrome.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think he'll be a Shearer for you. No one can afford him and he won't kick up a fuss to leave. I don't think we need him either, not sure why people would want us to try and get Kane (not that we could). As good as he is, it would completely unbalance us.
I think he will leave after this season. Can I ask why you think he would unbalance you? I will be honest I think he would be perfect for you, his ability to play as a foil upfront, his eye for a pass especially with the pace you have with players going past would be immense.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he will leave after this season. Can I ask why you think he would unbalance you? I will be honest I think he would be perfect for you, his ability to play as a foil upfront, his eye for a pass especially with the pace you have with players going past would be immense.
Interesting.

I think he'd unbalance us because we have Martial playing as no.9 and definitely have Greenwood earmarked for the future there. So if we bought him, we can't fit Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Kane effectively and also perennially not addressing the right wing. Our strike force is more of an interchangeable collective and i'm not sure he would fit into that either, but you are right he could be a good foil for runners past, if the team is set up for that. I currently don't think it is.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's because he isn't a quick striker which some Utd fans think is really important for the way they play up top.

Red Royal

Rather than Kane, I would love to have Son from this Spurs team. That type of player would fit in, work tirelessly, unselfish and probably willing to rotate.

Alas dont think we coukd get either.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's clinical but I think he'd be too static for us. I like having three interchanging forwards all with pace. We're already predictable enough going forward, we don't need someone to just hang around between the posts.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Because signing Kane is incredibly unlikely, but signing De Bruyne and VVD is impossible.
Signing Kane this summer is impossible also. Next summer might be different but right now there is more chance of me getting selected as an astronaut for Elon Musk's next SpaceX mission than Kane leaving Spurs before October.

Chief123

I didn’t say or mean Lukaku is same as Kane. They are totally different players. I meant Kane would bring problems to our style and team just like Lukaku did.

Lukaku was a problem because his build up play was shocking. He just couldn’t consistently keep the attack flowing with successful passes back to his team mates. It was very difficult to have a fluid fast flowing attack with him in the team like we have now.

Kane would bring a different type of problem in that he is excellent in build up play. But his lack of pace and dynamism would mean we would have to play a totally different style of football. The system would need to be geared towards getting balls into the box for him from out wide. Especially from full backs who would need to be a consistent threat with deliveries (which we don’t have right now). We would not be able to counter like we do now if Kane was in the side.

I personally wouldn’t want Kane in Utd team and if I had the option would stick with Martial. Martial may not get as many goals as Kane but his attributes would benefit our team and the players around him better than Kane would.

Status
Not open for further replies.