Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Cost prohibitive. Look, he is the best out and out striker in the league with Aguero getting older, Kane's numbers and stats are insane, and he has done it over a lengthy period of time, in all competitions. Fastest player to 20 goals in history for the Champions League, the closest still playing the game being Benzema with 34 appearances to achieve the milestone, Kane just 24 appearances. Been excellent for the national team, his goals to game ratio better than any modern player for England. Clinical finisher with both feet, good in the air, has the strength to ride tackles and hold the ball up, can pick a pass. The dood can do it all, this 'Spurs are better without Kane' is nonsense. He scores something like 30% or more of their goals, he is a world class player in a team of average Joe's with some good players. Son being the exception.

There was that myth floating around that once Eriksen left Kane would be shown up. Well Kane when fit is still banging them in, he has 18 goals in what is an injury hit season for him. His fitness issues, I think is mostly due to Spurs flogging him every game. Then the national team plays him almost every game they can.

But it is like people have stated, might as well add VVD and De Bruyne to the list of players we want. Kane is English on top of being a truly world class striker, plus Levy, it's just not worth the money despite how good he is. We have several positions that require more depth, we do not have the luxury of just going out and spunking all our money on one player, as good as that player is.

TheLord

Will never happpen. I don't even understand why this thread isn't closed for a year or so.

Bojan11

Is it Mourinho? Because he doesn’t look the same player that he was a few years ago.

Guy Incognito

His best option would be to ride it out, hope for Mourinho to go and Spurs getting in an exciting, daring coach.

The last part won't happen and with all the injuries he has had, I don't see many takers. Not worth the price.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Missed his chance of a big move.
His own fault for signing such a long deal.

Chief123

His best option would be to ride it out, hope for Mourinho to go and Spurs getting in an exciting, daring coach.

The last part won't happen and with all the injuries he has had, I don't see many takers. Not worth the price.
They had an exciting daring manager in Poch. Then they decided to go backwards and get Jose.

RedStarUnited

He signer a 6 year contract when he was at the peak of his powers. Either he really believed in Spurs or really loves them.

He us stuck there now.

Cloud7

He's wasting the prime of his career playing under Mourinho. Same with Son.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Is it Mourinho? Because he doesn’t look the same player that he was a few years ago.
Could've had a sweet assist today, to be fair.

As an Englishman, I'm gutted he's playing under José.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
he is still one of the best strikers and a brilliant player. It's just that Jose is not the right manager for him.

Zoo

He’s stuck there. I don’t have much sympathy.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I cannot see him being too happy as long as Mourinho is there. Either he will go or Mourinho will go.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I cannot see him being too happy as long as Mourinho is there. Either he will go or Mourinho will go.
Who is going to buy him when Messi, Mbappe, Haaland and Sancho are you for grabs in next 12 months?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Bloody hell, knee jerk reactions here. It's not Mourinhos fault his constant ankle injuries and pretty serious hamstring injuries has shot any pace he did have. Also first game back, by the same token Leeds are coming second.

Judas

Open to offers
Kane always starts seasons dreadfully doesn't he? He does look like he's missed his moment for a massive move though potentially, but I've zero sympathy for him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Whats his goal to game ratio since Mourinho got there? Saw a status once about his lack of touches in the box since they fired Poch.

Hanky panky

He really made a huge mistake when signed that contract until to summer 2024. Levy will not let him go, at least not inside Premier league.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Bloody hell, knee jerk reactions here. It's not Mourinhos fault his constant ankle injuries and pretty serious hamstring injuries has shot any pace he did have. Also first game back, by the same token Leeds are coming second.
I think what’s really concerning is how far back he drops to get a touch of the ball when he’s always going to be at his best in and around the box. I may be mistaken but I can’t remember him playing like that under Poch. In fact, I’m sure there was a crazy stat during the post lockdown run that he was touching the ball in his own defensive box more than the opposition box.

He’s still up there as one of the best out and out strikers in the world, just has an absolute shambles of a manager that won’t get the best out of him.

Kane always starts seasons dreadfully doesn't he? He does look like he's missed his moment for a massive move though potentially, but I've zero sympathy for him.
Very true. He went years without scoring in the month of August I think.

Perhaps he doesn’t want a big move, lots of examples of players who didn’t.

You’ve got players like Zaha, Grealish and Kane who could all do better, but have been prices out by their clubs as they are on long contracts.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’ll be just shy of 30 by the time he moves on. What a waste.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Kane used to have a good connection with Eriksen. Alli, Lamela and Moura don't link up as good with Kane.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think what’s really concerning is how far back he drops to get a touch of the ball when he’s always going to be at his best in and around the box. I may be mistaken but I can’t remember him playing like that under Poch. In fact, I’m sure there was a crazy stat during the post lockdown run that he was touching the ball in his own defensive box more than the opposition box.

He’s still up there as one of the best out and out strikers in the world, just has an absolute shambles of a manager that won’t get the best out of him.
I don't think mourinho is telling him to come that deep though and if he does, mourinho would definitely tell him he has to work twice as hard to hit the box. I think it's more the creativity in the side, it's just not there.

Suvvernmanc

Spurs have the same good players. Its just Jose that is the problem. He will never play the expansive and attacking way that those players deserve to play. They played a great style under Poch, and those same players are getting the Mourinho way thrust at them, which is, 'play my way or the highway'. Which is mental as the players currently there are used to playing the Poch way.

Jose will continue to bring players in to suit his system, not the system that the players should be playing.

Without turning this into a Jose thread, I will say that Kane is still a top player, one of the best in fact. He would be superb at any club that creates chances for him. Dont write him off.. it's just Jose.

lysglimt

Scout
Spurs have the same good players. Its just Jose that is the problem. He will never play the expansive and attacking way that those players deserve to play. They played a great style under Poch, and those same players are getting the Mourinho way thrust at them, which is, 'play my way or the highway'. Which is mental as the players currently there are used to playing the Poch way.
Sorry - but this is so far from the truth as you can get. Tottenham have been in constant freefall since roughly new year 2019. Since december 29th 2018 - Spurs have lost 21 league games. 24 wins 13 draws and 21 defeats. And this started long before Mourinho was hired. In the last 12 months under Pochettino - Spurs fell apart.

And as for Spurs having the same players - Alli has been a shadow of his former self for several seasons, Dembele is gone, Trippier is gone (hew asnt great, but better than what Spurs have), Vertonghen is gone, Eriksen is gone, Kane looks sluggish, Alderweireld doesnt look the same player and Spurs now are paying for probably being the only club that has performed worse in the transfermarket than us. Almost 5 years without a quality signing is absolute awful by any standard.

Now they are stuck with mediocre defenders (Davies, Dier, Sanchez and Doherty), an average central midfield (Sissoko, Hojbjerg and Winks), inconsistent attacking midfielders (Moura, Alli, Lamela)

And they have no money to sign players for - so they are stuck with signing the likes of Hojbjerg and Doherty. So the problem isn't the system, the problem is that Spurs without Kane at the moment on paper looks weaker than Leicester, Everton, Wolves, Chelsea, United

To me this Spurs-team is finished at the top - they need 4-5 new quality players, and they havent got the money to sign them

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

Jose will continue to bring players in to suit his system, not the system that the players should be playing.

Without turning this into a Jose thread, I will say that Kane is still a top player, one of the best in fact. He would be superb at any club that creates chances for him. Dont write him off.. it's just Jose.
Do they really though? They were playing Everton today and I think Digne, Mina, Doucoure, Allan, James and Richarlison would all feel aggrieved not to get on that Spurs team.

They missed their big chance to renew and refresh by selling Alderweireld, Vertonghan, Dier, Alli, Rose and Eriksen, back when Poch had then playing above themselves and they could demand high market prices.

They were kidding themselves and undervaluing their managers contribution and now they have little left bar Kane/Son.

He is stuck in an average side with a managers whose best days are behind him.

At least Shearer had won the PL by the time is happened to him.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He will move to City once Aguero leaves.
I don't think he's their type of player to be honest but I've always said they are crying out for a taller target man when their plan A with the small front 3 doesn't work. Since Dzeko left Pep hasn't signed a player like that. He left Ibrahimovich out in the cold at Barca. Depending on who the manager is if it's Pep or someone of similar ilk I can see them trying to find the next Romario around the continent to replace Aguero rather than an older Harry Kane.

Chief123

Well as I recall - Tottenham were in freefall long before Mourinho took charge
That’s if you ignore the 4 years previous to the first half of last season. It was the same manager. The one who got them into the champions league final and nearly won the league. I would say he was a pretty exciting and daring manager.

GoldanoGraham

Kane should have moved on by now.....he’s gone stale at Spurs and is too comfortable - don’t get me wrong, he’s a great striker but he would have developed much further if he’d moved out of the comfort zone and been pushed harder - it’s too easy at Spurs - and that’s exactly why he will win nothing there.....now that he’s under Jose he’s just gonna get more frustrated as he won’t get the service and opportunities that he used to get under Jose’s stifling style - don’t think anyone now going to pay what Levy would want for him - So he’s Spurs for life......defo not what we need at Utd......

Status
Not open for further replies.