Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'd sell Martial and Pogba in a heartbeat to fund Kane. He is what we need, striker position solved for 10 years possibly with Rashford and Greenwood around. Very good striker and likeable character.

Red00012

The lad is obviously incredible and he'd instantly make us contenders for me. But question, has he ever been good against us? We seem almost a voodoo team for him or does he struggle in big games overall?
13 appearances against us 4 goals , he only had 2 up to the home game earlier on in the season .

Irrational.

I can’t believe people are doubting this transfer. You’ve seen how Cavani transforms our attack as a true #9 - Kane would be even more incredible. Absolute no brainier, even though Levy will kick, scream and drag his heels as expected.

GueRed

we'd be title challengers if we had him spearheading our attack this season.

no question

RkkMan

Still think we end up with Sancho but if Kane becomes available I won't be shocked if Utd switched priorities and went for him instead. He's one player even The Glazers would sanction a move for even for a premium fee IMO

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'd sell Martial and Pogba in a heartbeat to fund Kane. He is what we need, striker position solved for 10 years possibly with Rashford and Greenwood around. Very good striker and likeable character.
Shift martial on and use the funds + lingard to get Kane in. That’s what I’d do on FIFA anyway :lol:

sparx99

I can’t believe people are doubting this transfer. You’ve seen how Cavani transforms our attack as a true #9 - Kane would be even more incredible. Absolute no brainier, even though Levy will kick, scream and drag his heels as expected.
Also, as a striker who doesn’t solely rely on pace we could get 6-7 good years out of him.

Look at Benzema and Lewandowski right now still performing at the top level.

ROFLUTION

If Glazers understand what Brady meant for the bucs, please let them see this as a similar opportunity

red thru&thru

You'd lose a lot of the creativity in Pogba to feed Kane. But if you were to sell Pogba and get a Grealish, then maybe Kane would work.

red thru&thru

If Glazers understand what Brady meant for the bucs, please let them see this as a similar opportunity
Only one small issue...Brady went on a free. Brady was a serial winner.

Kane would require a club record bid from us...and Kane has never won a team trophy.

croadyman

In all seriousness Levy will price him out of a move, Kane might want to leave and Levy may well grant the request due to what Kane's done for Spurs but he won't give him away and let's be clear in a non Covid environment Kane's a £150-200m player and it shouldn't be expected that Levy should sell him for less just because of Covid
Yeah have always been convinced that Levy will price him out of move and don't feel any different now

acnumber9

RVP is interesting though. One great season, then two poor ones and a nominal transfer fee. Clearly it was worth it for that one title, but it’s arguable how successful a transfer he was.
28 goals in 57 games across those two seasons under shite managers. I wouldn’t mind something that poor now.

DeGea

If we get Kane, and another good CB, whilst keeping the other key players we have, we can win the title next season. No guarantees, but we will probably be pretty close. Regardless of whether City get Haaland or not. I think this squad is maturing nicely and if (big if) we win the Europa League it will build momentum for next season. Having a good number 9 who scores every week does wonders for team confidence.

If we dont get Kane and City get Haaland, we are fecked.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Still think we end up with Sancho but if Kane becomes available I won't be shocked if Utd switched priorities and went for him instead. He's one player even The Glazers would sanction a move for even for a premium fee IMO
Front four of Kane, Rashford, Bruno, Pogba or Rashford, Sancho, Bruno, Pogba. The Kane one looks much more lethal.

Juanuzayne

"free" His contract was absolutely massive.
How was it massive? He is the 14th highest paid quarterback in the league on a per annum basis. Chumps like Goff, Cousins, Wentz, Garoppolo earn more than Brady. Getting Brady was a great bit of business. Getting Kane would be extremely challenging and expensive. Not to mention Kane has won f*** all. The two transfers/signings are nothing alike.

Edit: For the record, I am all for the signing. Just think it’s a poor analogy.

Last edited:

FatTails

We’re not buying Kane for 120m plus 300k+ weekly for wages. Not going to happen (and it shouldn’t).

Renew Cavani for a year, our other forwards will get better, and if Madrid or Bayern sign Haaland, we should see if we can get Lewa or Benzema on the cheap(ish!). If all else fails, sign up Aguero on a free.

ROFLUTION

Only one small issue...Brady went on a free. Brady was a serial winner.

Kane would require a club record bid from us...and Kane has never won a team trophy.
Highly doubt Kane is the reason they haven't won anything. No man can drag a team like that in modern times of football. Look at Fernandes, clearly a winner and maybe even the best player in the World this season, but need his team to perform with him. Same thing with Kane. Dragged Spurs this far and got them a lot of high places.

Scholsey2004

Kane would be sensational with Fernandes. We're not going to spend £120m though, thats not realistic. Someone like Andre Silva or Dusan Vlahovic is probably more realistic price wise.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
You'd lose a lot of the creativity in Pogba to feed Kane. But if you were to sell Pogba and get a Grealish, then maybe Kane would work.
I'd lose some creativity from Pogba. He doesn't even play in attacking role very often under Ole, because Bruno plays 99% of games. I'm not that concerned and if we could sell Pogba to fund Kane, I'd take that chance for sure.

RkkMan

Kane would be sensational with Fernandes. We're not going to spend £120m though, thats not realistic. Someone like Andre Silva or Dusan Vlahovic is probably more realistic price wise.
Those two are also like half the quality.

Kostov

Kane is made for Manchester United, if we could only convince that bald cnut to sell him to us for 65m pounds, it would be ideal :lol:

Watching him play, just like Grealish screams of a Fergie's Manchester United signings.

tayside red

stick with our Youth, don't waste money on an injury prone player who's going to take longer to recover as the years go by
good player or not, leave him with at Spurs or let someone else pay a Kings ransom for him

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I was loving Keane saying he reckons Kane fancies United. I have a sneaky feeling we are going to get him.

Classical Mechanic

How can someone who only plays half a season be valued over 100m?
He's never played half a season. Since becoming Spurs's main striker he's made 34, 38, 30, 37, 28 and 29 appearances out of 38 in the league. This season he's on 29/31 so far. He's appeared in roughly 75% of Spurs's league games in his worst season for appearances going up to 100% in his best.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I would take Haaland over Kane, any day of the week, if we could. Not just because of the age but also because of mentality. Kane is too much like our attackers, on their worst days - scorer of great goals but not a great goalscorer. He has dry spells and can be completely dimmed out in a run of matches. We saw, in Cavani, what we need instead - somebody obsessed with winning, hungry for "blood". I don't think Kane is anything remotely like that or that he's been that for several years now. Also he will be hugely overpriced, being an English national team player and whatnot.

Unfortunately, I rate chances of us getting Haaland next to zero. He's clearly going to either Barca or Real. But I would still rather find somebody else and not Kane.

Meh

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's never played half a season. Since becoming Spurs's main striker he's made 34, 38, 30, 37, 28 and 29 appearances out of 38 in the league. This season he's on 29/31 so far. He's appeared in roughly 75% of Spurs's league games in his worst season for appearances going up to 100% in his best.
I was exaggerating mate

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Levy will not sell him to us unless he has no other option. He considers us among their main rivals. He'd probably accept a £50m bid from Barcelona or City over £100m from us.

He'd be an awesome acquisition and would solve our striker position for a good 4-5 years but realistically it's not going to happen. He'll go to City with Madrid getting Haaland, or the other way round.

RkkMan

Levy will not sell him to us unless he has no other option. He considers us among their main rivals. He'd probably accept a £50m bid from Barcelona or City over £100m from us.

He'd be an awesome acquisition and would solve our striker position for a good 4-5 years but realistically it's not going to happen. He'll go to City with Madrid getting Haaland, or the other way round.
He made City pay £50m for a fullback pre COVID. He won't sell cheap to any PL club period surprised there's this mentality that Levy will whore himself if City or any other club come calling.

Varun

Staff

Don't think Spurs will sell to any PL team, City included. Kane will be stuck at Spurs unless there's a domino effect starting with Mbappe moving and Poch pushes for Kane over other options as replacement.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He made City pay £50m for a fullback pre COVID. He won't sell cheap to any PL club period surprised there's this mentality that Levy will whore himself if City or any other club come calling.
Don't think Spurs will sell to any PL team, City included. Kane will be stuck at Spurs unless there's a domino effect starting with Mbappe moving and Poch pushes for Kane over other options as replacement.
I obviously exaggerated with £50m from City but his threshold of selling to City will for sure be substantially lower than United. I can see him keeping him against his will though, he's got 3 years left on his deal and will be almost 31 when it expires so Spurs can just get the best years out of him before he moves on. It'd take an enormous offer from United and persistence to force the move from Kane for Levy to even consider that.

red thru&thru

I'd lose some creativity from Pogba. He doesn't even play in attacking role very often under Ole, because Bruno plays 99% of games. I'm not that concerned and if we could sell Pogba to fund Kane, I'd take that chance for sure.
You only have to look at the recent games to realise what impact them two have on each others game. They both play better when playing together.